Soccer Discuss leagues around the world and the World Cup

Winter 2013 Transfer Rumors & Moves

Closed Thread

Old
11-12-2012, 08:29 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Who's next out the Chelsea door ? Big changing of the guard there.

Old
11-12-2012, 08:31 PM
ProPAIN
Be realgud!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
Who's next out the Chelsea door ? Big changing of the guard there.
Malouda for sure and maybe Lampard. I'd like to add Ferreira and Mikel to that list.

Old
11-12-2012, 09:01 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProPAIN View Post
Chelsea would be a dominate force if they can get Fellaini, but my question is why would Everton sell him? True I don't know a lot about Everton, but they don't seem like a team that has to worry about money.

Whole bunch of potential targets for Arsenal (http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/40...zaha-reina.htm) I would absolutely LOVE to get Dzeko and the weirdest one being...........Pepe Reina.

Old
11-12-2012, 09:26 PM
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg

Szczesny is coming back. No way we are getting an established #1 keeper. In fact, I can't see us getting another keeper. Not cause we don't need one, more cause once Fabianski is healthy, we will have 3 keepers that aren't eligible for the U21's.

But meanwhile.. Lloris is sitting on the Spurs bench..

Old
11-12-2012, 09:51 PM
Cin
Buck Fettman.

vCash: 513
Is he really worth $47mil? Seen a him play a lot, and I've got to say I don't think so.

Old
11-12-2012, 10:14 PM
Qui Gon Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
Chelsea would be a dominate force if they can get Fellaini, but my question is why would Everton sell him? True I don't know a lot about Everton, but they don't seem like a team that has to worry about money.
Money is a bit of a concern at Everton, but that issue may be easing somewhat. With the economic climate being what it has been in recent years, we have had some problems but after selling Jack Rodwell in the summer, those problems may be gone for the time being. We still have debt but it isn't crippling at the moment. The problem was that the bank Everton had borrowed from weren't willing to lend the team any more until we paid them some back as they were in a rather tight spot. That was around the time Arteta was sold (maybe a bit before) and we have sold others since then, which may have earned us some leeway with the bank. I think TV money from the league may have gone the same way but I could be wrong about that. Either way, as far as I'm aware, the bank isn't pressing the team for immediate payments like they were so Fellaini wouldn't need to be sold for that reason.

The issue with him at the moment is he wants to play in the Champions League in the next 12 months or so, but he is also happy with Everton for now and recently signed a 5 year deal. From what I've read, and reading between the lines a bit too, it seems he is really enjoying his time at the club but if he can't get CL football with Everton starting next season, he'd want to be transferred. If he can get CL football with Everton next year, I get the impression he'd be happy to stay where he is. Not sure how he feels about the Europa League but at a guess I'd say that wouldn't be good enough for him.

It seems Moyes won't sell him in January unless he gets a truly monsterous offer for him or if Fellaini starts to demand a move ASAP. If a big money team in the CL really needs reinforcements in the new year, maybe they would throw the type of money at Everton Moyes would be willing to take but otherwise, I think Moyes will hold onto him until the end of the season and see if Everton can offer him what he wants. If we can, we will see if Fellaini is still willing to stay. If he is, all is good (assuming Moyes, whose contract ends after this season, signs a new contract in the summer - but if we still have Felli and have CL football, I think that is a certainty). If he still wants out or Everton can't offer him what he wants then we sell him in the summer with, I think, 4 years left on his deal and use the funds to strengthen the team before training camp starts.

There have been stories about Fellaini leaving us for years, his dad has often talked up potential moves. The two teams that come up the most are Chelsea and Real Madrid. Man U, Man City, Arsenal, PSG are other teams I've heard mentioned and there may be one or two more I don't recall. I hope he stays but if not, and if we get Moyes signed up again, I'm confident most of those funds will be put to good use and we'll add more quality players and improve our depth and be good to go again in the next season.

Old
11-13-2012, 02:45 AM
WhiskeySeven
Give her the Defence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franck View Post
Balzaretti is terrible.
Is he? I haven't had a chance to see him much but he was class at the Euros and every time I do see his games he's been fine. Also he's devilishly handsome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
Bayern doesn't really need a CB either, Dante's awesome, Boateng's playing well with him, Badstuber is a quality starter and Javi can fill in there when necessary and do well. Were they lack depth is out wide, Lahm and Alaba are great, but Contento's very mediocre, Rafinha very unreliable and Weiser way too young to be relied upon.
Dante's good, Boateng is terrible (but getting better!) and Badstuber is great. I just like Chiellini for my "dream team".

I agree Bayern need depth at the side-back position but there really isn't much to go around when Alaba needs loads of playing time (and we can afford to give it) and Lahm is in his prime. Brings me back to the Sagnol days

Old
11-13-2012, 05:18 AM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

Zaha is bright but so overrated. Papers calling him the English Messi. Jokes.

Old
11-13-2012, 06:38 AM
wej20

The main reason he's been called up is so he doesn't end up like Victor Moses (who plays for Nigeria instead of England) in Zaha's case it would be Ivory Coast.

Old
11-13-2012, 07:03 AM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimaera View Post
Zaha is bright but so overrated. Papers calling him the English Messi. Jokes.
Well, I read an English paper called Marko Marin the German Messi when Chelsea signed him. So, this type of praise might not be too optimistic.

Old
11-13-2012, 07:33 AM
Franck
Insolent Upstart

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Is he? I haven't had a chance to see him much but he was class at the Euros and every time I do see his games he's been fine. Also he's devilishly handsome.
He's been outright awful since he transferred to Roma. Just one of the many reasons for why the Roma back-line is so ludicrously bad.

He is very handsome though, I'd give you that. Married to a famous ballerina, I believe.

Old
11-13-2012, 09:31 AM
mightyquack
Reverse Tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by wej20 View Post
The main reason he's been called up is so he doesn't end up like Victor Moses (who plays for Nigeria instead of England) in Zaha's case it would be Ivory Coast.
He can still play for Ivory Coast even if capped for England this week

Old
11-13-2012, 12:39 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProPAIN View Post
Malouda for sure and maybe Lampard. I'd like to add Ferreira and Mikel to that list.
Any reason why they keep selling their players ?

Old
11-13-2012, 01:07 PM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

Cutting wages while also letting players who are on the backside of their careers is a good move for FFP and probably let them turn their only profit.

Drogba's probably the only one with a decent bit left in the tank, though, that might not be the case at 180k a week in a season or two.

Old
11-13-2012, 01:27 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Cutting wages while also letting players who are on the backside of their careers is a good move for FFP and probably let them turn their only profit.

Drogba's probably the only one with a decent bit left in the tank, though, that might not be the case at 180k a week in a season or two.
So there's a chance Chelsea make a profit this year ?

Is it likely that some of their players end up in MLS ?

Old
11-13-2012, 03:49 PM
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg

Can't see Chelsea making any profit this year unless they win the PL+Champions League. They will for sure reduce their deficit (Mainly Eden Hazard & Oscar) by selling a couple of players, getting rid of deadwood, and getting prize money, but I can't see how they can make profit this year unless they snatch out a (legit or not) sponsor deal

Old
11-13-2012, 04:27 PM
Edonator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franck View Post
He's been outright awful since he transferred to Roma. Just one of the many reasons for why the Roma back-line is so ludicrously bad.

He is very handsome though, I'd give you that. Married to a famous ballerina, I believe.
Hard to figure out if that's him struggling, or Zeman just being a crazy **** though.

Old
11-13-2012, 04:40 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentHabs View Post
Can't see Chelsea making any profit this year unless they win the PL+Champions League. They will for sure reduce their deficit (Mainly Eden Hazard & Oscar) by selling a couple of players, getting rid of deadwood, and getting prize money, but I can't see how they can make profit this year unless they snatch out a (legit or not) sponsor deal
I heard that majority of their CL prize money went to go buy Hazard, so I believe they didn't spend any of the owners money or loans.

Old
11-13-2012, 08:56 PM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

I actually think there's a chance they can turn a profit if they slash Terry/Lampard from the wage bill (with a few others).

You also have to realize that it's pure profit, period. You can make money with a side company that is nominally owned by Chelsea, and you can consider that money that validates FFP.

Old
11-15-2012, 05:35 AM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

Rumblings of Suarez moving. He's been the best player in the EPL at times (even Hazard I'm sure) and if owners do sell they're going to be driven out

Old
11-15-2012, 09:26 AM
Mr Irreverent
Thiago who???

Quote:
Rumblings of Suarez moving. He's been the best player in the EPL at times (even Hazard I'm sure) and if owners do sell they're going to be driven out
Where did you hear this? Liverpool without Saurez is a facepalm of epic proportion.

Old
11-15-2012, 10:29 AM
Epictetus
Global Moderator
Create yourself.

vCash: 653
I'd have no problem taking the 40-50 million and reinvesting it back into the club, not during the winter though. There is still many holes and the gap between youth and Suarez's willingness to want to win is too big (plus Champions League). I also don't think ownership has the financial means to spend as much as some fans want to improve the club (at this time).

It's a shame this wasn't done the first time instead of uselessly purchasing Andy Carroll.

Old
11-15-2012, 10:30 AM
Schalkenullvier*

-Inter Milan have shown interest in Julian Draxler
-Apparently Lewis Holtby is asking for €6m p.a. on his next contract, or 93k pounds per week for you british lads.

Old
11-15-2012, 10:48 AM
cgf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schalkenullvier View Post
-Inter Milan have shown interest in Julian Draxler
-Apparently Lewis Holtby is asking for 6m p.a. on his next contract, or 93k pounds per week for you british lads.
While I could see them letting Holtby move on, Draxler has the most raw talent in your squad, can't imagine they'd let him go.

Old
11-15-2012, 10:54 AM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Irreverent View Post
Where did you hear this? Liverpool without Saurez is a facepalm of epic proportion.
The Mirror (which is trash, but still out there). Their guy is saying Liverpool journos are the ones floating it, and that he thinks they're getting some info from somewhere in the club. City are supposed to be upset that they're being linked (more so because it means they're out on Falcao and because the price will go up). I also think they know that the Agger move was scuppered because of fan outcry more so than an unwillingness to sell. If LFC fans get out against the move, it won't happen. If they can sell him late, or do it on the quiet, he'll possibly go.

I think the owners know that it's a two or three year project, and right now, with him not CL tied, it might be time to think about it. He won't be here when the youth comes good. It's more of a, do you take 40-45 now, or the similar rate down the road?

I don't want to see him go, but I understand the logic of it. They're not good enough to keep him unless they shell out 40-50 million. They can't do that at this point (there's talk of them needing investors or at least wanting a few), and if you can't do it now, this summer is going to be rough. If you think he might not be ok with languishing in 7th or 8th, what will he feel when they're there and he's the best player in the EPL? David Villa isn't getting younger.

Closed Thread