HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

PPM Part VIII: Sponsor Offers are in for Hockey!

Closed Thread

Old
11-08-2012, 09:41 PM
canucks357

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tujague View Post
Did I mention that I'm going to hit 72,400 seats tonight? Well, I am
That's double mine. I'm what the french call "le f\_/ck3d" (HF would **** out the word.)

Old
11-09-2012, 06:49 AM
Obryantj

Quote:
Ain't that sweet We're ridiculously close. How much do you pay in arena/facilities? I'm at 1.55M.
Stadium: 724,702 (after finishing construction on 4 sections last night)
Facilities: 681,872

I was surprised by how close we were on amount spent. However, I started construction on 5 TFM accessories (including 4 VIP lounges) and SA-15 this morning. That puts me out of the market for players for a while, but it is nice to have a 3rd facility that I'll not have to sink money into any more. I may have to take out a small loan to get my last TFM started early in the season (with max capacity), but that shouldn't affect me being able to max out my other TFMs later in the season.

Old
11-09-2012, 08:40 AM
tujague

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucks357 View Post
That's double mine. I'm what the french call "le f\_/ck3d" (HF would **** out the word.)
I'm surprised to hear that. You've put so much focus on your hockey arena. I assumed you were doing the same thing here. I guess it's just a lack of funds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obryantj View Post
Stadium: 724,702 (after finishing construction on 4 sections last night)
Facilities: 681,872
Stadium: 1,011,973
Facilities: 536,825

I've got MtC10 under construction. MtC11 will start in 24 days. Hopefully this helps.

Quote:
I was surprised by how close we were on amount spent. However, I started construction on 5 TFM accessories (including 4 VIP lounges) and SA-15 this morning. That puts me out of the market for players for a while, but it is nice to have a 3rd facility that I'll not have to sink money into any more. I may have to take out a small loan to get my last TFM started early in the season (with max capacity), but that shouldn't affect me being able to max out my other TFMs later in the season.
I think the only reason we're close is because you've spent a lot more money on players than I have. I've spent a total of 107M. You must be around triple that, right? I was close! You're around 294M. I've pretty much put everything into my infrastructure just to keep up with you guys. I'm still surprised to see how close I am. I'm going to need my Media deal to jump to 20M to make up any ground this season. Stuff is getting expensive.

Has there been any work done on the value of Fan Shops? I stopped building them for a while because I wasn't making enough to cover their daily expenses. But I did finally break even late in this soccer season when I started adding all these seats. I think the daily expenses on the 12 I had was around 7.5M. I'm about to crack 10M in revenue. And I just added 3 more. Can I assume that they'll continue to pay for themselves? Because I can add another 5 right now if they generate enough money.

Old
11-09-2012, 11:13 AM
doug5984

Send a message via AIM to doug5984
I'm surprised how high I am on that list for total invested in facilities. That makes me feel pretty good about my team.

Total spent on players is another story:
Season 1: 180,000
Season 2: 0
Season 3: 270,000
Season 4: 0
Season 5: 0
Season 6: 717,500
Season 7: 2,660,000
Season 8: 11,000

Total: 3,838,000.... that's it. 8 seasons.

So I have to say as much as I can complain about my SA, I have to be pretty impressed almost my entire team is home grown- and I've sold quite a few players for a significant amount of $$$ as well.

Old
11-09-2012, 08:31 PM
canucks357

Quote:
I'm surprised to hear that. You've put so much focus on your hockey arena. I assumed you were doing the same thing here. I guess it's just a lack of funds?
That and I have/had the highest AQ team in North America so I put everything I had into TF. Two tough seasons in I.1 and 3-4 seasons now without an international cup bonus and I'm getting left in the dust money wise. My only saving graces are those players who have me now at #6 in terms of OTS. Heck, send my best 17 to camp and I still field an 80 OTS team. The ****** part is a lot of those guys dropped to 5/6 at 16. That stings. Even then I only have a couple non-5/6 or better right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug5984 View Post
Total: 3,838,000.... that's it. 8 seasons.

So I have to say as much as I can complain about my SA, I have to be pretty impressed almost my entire team is home grown- and I've sold quite a few players for a significant amount of $$$ as well.
Wowzers. That's impressive. You're a frugal market searcher... I admire that!

Old
11-11-2012, 05:32 AM
tujague

Speaking of only carrying two soccer goalies. Shipp is in camp and Cernohorsky is now injured for five games. So congrats, Doug, your moving on to round two

I took a quick look at the market for some help. I'd probably have to spend more than I'm comfortable spending. I might have another look later, but it's not something I really want to do.

Quote:
That and I have/had the highest AQ team in North America so I put everything I had into TF. Two tough seasons in I.1 and 3-4 seasons now without an international cup bonus and I'm getting left in the dust money wise. My only saving graces are those players who have me now at #6 in terms of OTS. Heck, send my best 17 to camp and I still field an 80 OTS team. The ****** part is a lot of those guys dropped to 5/6 at 16. That stings. Even then I only have a couple non-5/6 or better right now.
I don't understand your soccer team at all hopefully things are turning around after dominating II.4.

Edit: I couldn't find a soccer goalie, but I did add another hockey defenseman. A good one, too. Bela Kando has 275 OR, is an RD, and has Qs of 97D 73P/99T/95A and 90Shot. Cost a bit over 12M

Last edited by tujague: 11-11-2012 at 06:07 AM.
Old
11-11-2012, 09:52 AM
canucks357

Quote:
I don't understand your soccer team at all hopefully things are turning around after dominating II.4.
What's not to understand. It's simple, Kenora Stingers and NKDJ get all the luck when it counts and thus are now miles ahead. Better yet, when you play them and have every right to win they still find a way to steal 3 points from you. This then trickles down to the teams you really should be beating and by then you've lost 5-6 games you should have won eliminating you from the ChL race and killing enough energy to make the CWC race dead as well. That's what happens every season. Some unlucky critical losses and I miss the ChL ranks by a few points. Moral drops and I try to relegate.

Don't mean to sound miserable, but it gets old quick when you consistently lose games you should be winning.

Last edited by canucks357: 11-11-2012 at 11:22 AM.
Old
11-11-2012, 12:40 PM
tujague

Quote:
What's not to understand. It's simple, Kenora Stingers and NKDJ get all the luck when it counts and thus are now miles ahead. Better yet, when you play them and have every right to win they still find a way to steal 3 points from you. This then trickles down to the teams you really should be beating and by then you've lost 5-6 games you should have won eliminating you from the ChL race and killing enough energy to make the CWC race dead as well. That's what happens every season. Some unlucky critical losses and I miss the ChL ranks by a few points. Moral drops and I try to relegate.

Don't mean to sound miserable, but it gets old quick when you consistently lose games you should be winning.
I know it makes you miserable, but it still confuses the hell out of me Your team is so damn good. Certainly better than mine, right? It just doesn't seem right that you have struggled for so long.

It really sucks to hear that two teams are dominating in Canada. It's the same in the US, but the High Headerz could make it 3 teams. Then there's a second tier who aren't too far away. But we definitely have some haves & have nots. And those have nots are going to have a tough time catching up. I know I'm almost to the point where I don't have anything that I need to build. I'll probably be adding some of those expensive ringers soon enough. Then maybe I can make it a four horse race.

Old
11-11-2012, 03:34 PM
doug5984

Quote:
Speaking of only carrying two soccer goalies. Shipp is in camp and Cernohorsky is now injured for five games. So congrats, Doug, your moving on to round two

I took a quick look at the market for some help. I'd probably have to spend more than I'm comfortable spending. I might have another look later, but it's not something I really want to do.

Edit: I couldn't find a soccer goalie, but I did add another hockey defenseman. A good one, too. Bela Kando has 275 OR, is an RD, and has Qs of 97D 73P/99T/95A and 90Shot. Cost a bit over 12M
Only 2 goalies? Hell I have 5 right now, going to unload 1 in about a month. That'll leave me my starter- 2 solid 16 y/o's, and I pulled another pretty solid guy last week.

I have a mixed lineup with my camp running so a lucky win would be huge.

Old
11-11-2012, 04:11 PM
tujague

Quote:
Only 2 goalies? Hell I have 5 right now, going to unload 1 in about a month. That'll leave me my starter- 2 solid 16 y/o's, and I pulled another pretty solid guy last week.

I have a mixed lineup with my camp running so a lucky win would be huge.
Why on Earth did you play that on Low? All you needed was a shot on goal and you would have tied it up. Then you would have scored on all 5 shots in the shootout=)

I ended up using my starting SM, Captain Thomas Bamburg. He had 13 in Goal.

Old
11-11-2012, 04:14 PM
doug5984

Quote:
Why on Earth did you play that on Low? All you needed was a shot on goal and you would have tied it up. Then you would have scored on all 5 shots in the shootout=)

I ended up using my starting SM, Captain Thomas Bamburg. He had 13 in Goal.
I'm not sure what I was thinking when I went with Low, not like the saved energy does me any good now? No shots on target- you could've put a cone in net and done fine

Old
11-11-2012, 08:22 PM
tujague

Quote:
I'm not sure what I was thinking when I went with Low, not like the saved energy does me any good now? No shots on target- you could've put a cone in net and done fine
Bamburg is a TWO rated goalie

I guess I should have told you that I was trying to win anyway. I just assumed you would go for it as well. Even so, you should have kicked my ass. Your two forwards are rated 22 & 19. My lone forward was an 8. He scored the goal. And I had a 6 rated dman. You should have rolled me.

I wish you would have to be honest. Now I'm going to spend the next couple of days trying to find a cheap goalie. And I know I'll never find one cheap enough for my cheap ass. So it'll be a big waste of time. Dammit.

Old
11-11-2012, 08:46 PM
doug5984

0If you can just find a 10 in net you could get lucky and grab a(nother) win

Old
11-13-2012, 08:51 AM
tujague

Quote:
0If you can just find a 10 in net you could get lucky and grab a(nother) win
I'm trying! Goalies are damn expensive. I'm not looking to spend 8M on a temporary fix. I'm tempted to put the injured Cernohorsky back in net. He only has a left arm bruise. How could that possibly get worse?

Does that sound like a jinx to anyone else?

Old
11-13-2012, 10:54 AM
canucks357

Quote:
Does that sound like a jinx to anyone else?
He's going to get hurt perpetually now. Well done! (jinx averted...)

Old
11-14-2012, 08:17 AM
tujague

Alright. It looks like I'm planning on spending some money on a soccer player today. Hopefully the bidding gets insane and I don't spend any money. But the opportunity is there to improve the team in the weakest area, so I'm going to try to make it happen even though I worry about it effing up my construction plans.

In hockey news, my team still sucks.

Quote:
He's going to get hurt perpetually now. Well done! (jinx averted...)
Maybe. He made it through one night. He'll be playing the next game hurt, but will be healthy for the Finals. Unfortunately I'm playing the High Headerz in the Semis. He ran both Camps already and has a much better team. So I'm not making the Finals

Old
11-14-2012, 10:23 AM
canucks357

Quote:
In hockey news, my team still sucks.
Weeeeeeeeee! Between the two of us at least we have 1 good team! I'm living vicariously through your soccer team.

Old
11-14-2012, 11:23 AM
tujague

Quote:
Weeeeeeeeee! Between the two of us at least we have 1 good team! I'm living vicariously through your soccer team.
You might be jealous of my infrastructure, my money, my good looks and my Academy (which has dried up thankfully!), but you for damn sure don't need to live vicariously through my team.

Old
11-14-2012, 04:14 PM
canucks357

Quote:
You might be jealous of my infrastructure, my money, my good looks and my Academy (which has dried up thankfully!), but you for damn sure don't need to live vicariously through my team.
I just hate being poor . It's all the more obvious since my hockey team is so damned rich.

Old
11-14-2012, 10:18 PM
canucks357

Took two 4* offers. Doubled my income to 19-20M/week.

Old
11-14-2012, 10:22 PM
tujague

Well this is annoying.

Media offer is a one star for 15M. I don't want to sound greedy, but I was hoping for a lot more. Something closer to 20M would have been nice.

General is a four star for 1.3M less than this season's five star deal. I don't usually like to pass up four star offers. What say ye?

If I accepted these, and assuming skyboxes average 300K again, I would be around 35M per week. Only 4M more than this season. I was hoping adding 30,000 seats would make more of a difference.

Old
11-15-2012, 06:54 AM
Obryantj

I'll be waiting until after the league cup match to look at my sponsorship offers. Hopefully I'm able to get a small OTR boast to today's offers by doing so. I'm currently just over 30 OTR higher than I was last season and upgraded my HR facility and stadium during the season. I'm not sure what to expect with offers due to finishing one spot lower in the standings, but I would definitely appreciate a raise.

Old
11-15-2012, 08:07 AM
canucks357

Quote:
General is a four star for 1.3M less than this season's five star deal. I don't usually like to pass up four star offers. What say ye?

If I accepted these, and assuming skyboxes average 300K again, I would be around 35M per week. Only 4M more than this season. I was hoping adding 30,000 seats would make more of a difference.
Stop being so greedy! XD... you're still nearly double what I'll be making (same div level now and nearly the same OTR) so a poor chap out and donate to the poverty fund that is my player sales in the future!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obryantj View Post
I'll be waiting until after the league cup match to look at my sponsorship offers. Hopefully I'm able to get a small OTR boast to today's offers by doing so. I'm currently just over 30 OTR higher than I was last season and upgraded my HR facility and stadium during the season. I'm not sure what to expect with offers due to finishing one spot lower in the standings, but I would definitely appreciate a raise.
Oh that's good thinking! Just be careful, the timing of soccer stuff is weird. Hopefully OTR is dished out right at 5pm ET and not moments before nightly calc, otherwise it'll be tough to get the sponsor deal signed before it vanishes.

Last edited by canucks357: 11-15-2012 at 08:46 AM.
Old
11-15-2012, 04:50 PM
Obryantj

Quote:
Oh that's good thinking! Just be careful, the timing of soccer stuff is weird. Hopefully OTR is dished out right at 5pm ET and not moments before nightly calc, otherwise it'll be tough to get the sponsor deal signed before it vanishes.
OTR updated at 5:15pm ET, so more than enough time. I ended up with a 2* general, 4* media and 1*s for both of my VIP lounges. The general offer is about 800k less per week than my current 4* deal. The VIP lounges combined are bout 60k less per week than the 4* and 5* deals I currently have.

I believe I'm going to accept the Media sponsorship offer as its a healthy raise over my current 4* deal.

Day 2: Accepted 4* General offer, declined both VIP offers. The General sponsorship is 2M more per week than what I was receiving this season. The VIP offers combined were within 10k of this season's deals.

Quote:
Well this is annoying.
Media offer is a one star for 15M. I don't want to sound greedy, but I was hoping for a lot more. Something closer to 20M would have been nice.

I'm fairly comfortable with accepting 4* star offers early in the process. However, I'm fairly risk adverse when it comes to sponsorship offers.

Last edited by Obryantj: 11-16-2012 at 06:37 AM.
Old
11-16-2012, 07:29 AM
tujague

I accepted the four star General. And it looks like the VIPs are all coming in ~10k less than last season. Just under 300k for four stars this season.

Still getting screwed on the Media deals. Just like when I was in th Intl Cups and my general sponsors were all two & three stars. Same thing with Media deals since I started building all Triples. I think I got lucky last season with an auto three star.

I'm currently around 35.4M in total. I guess that's a good raise considering I finished in 4th again. I just can't help being disappointed in the Media deal. I expected close to the same thing Canucks gets in hockey- 20M.

I need an Intl Cup next season. Hopefully I can avoid Obryantj and co until the semis.

Closed Thread