Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* Kitchener Rangers 2012-13 Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
11-12-2012, 07:42 AM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

vCash: 500
Gibson stole a game in Oshawa last night, despite missing Faksa and Reider. If it weren't for him, it would have been 5-2 for the Gens.

Oshawa's big forwards were giving the defensemen fits, and Kitchener doesn't have the muscle to handle them well.

The team played well, Oshawa played better, but Gibson was better yet.

I like how this team is rolling, even though I haven't really seen a game where they all played really well. If they get clicking, and everyone gets healthy, it's going to be a fun spring.

Old
11-12-2012, 07:59 AM
BenchedGuy

I have heard that Cardwell (Ott) has been scratched the last 2 games and is awaiting a trade. Seems like a fit for us?

Old
11-12-2012, 08:10 AM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenchedGuy View Post
I have heard that Cardwell (Ott) has been scratched the last 2 games and is awaiting a trade. Seems like a fit for us?
Is he an OA? I haven't seen him play enough to know if he'd be a good fit, but it's a good possibility.

Old
11-12-2012, 08:20 AM
BenchedGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
Is he an OA? I haven't seen him play enough to know if he'd be a good fit, but it's a good possibility.
Yes, he is an OA. He will add some toughness. Also will drop the gloves I have seen, not that I want an OA fighter but it is something we lack at times.

Old
11-12-2012, 08:26 AM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Yes, he is an OA. He will add some toughness. Also will drop the gloves I have seen, not that I want an OA fighter but it is something we lack at times.
I don't care one way or another if he fights, as long as he plays the game tough. That's something sorely missing.

Old
11-12-2012, 09:12 AM
tourlord*

Quote:
Gibson stole a game in Oshawa last night, despite missing Faksa and Reider. If it weren't for him, it would have been 5-2 for the Gens.

Oshawa's big forwards were giving the defensemen fits, and Kitchener doesn't have the muscle to handle them well.

The team played well, Oshawa played better, but Gibson was better yet.

I like how this team is rolling, even though I haven't really seen a game where they all played really well. If they get clicking, and everyone gets healthy, it's going to be a fun spring.
Considering Oshawa played the night before and was missing two of there better players losing by a goal to the Rangers isn't bad at all.

Old
11-12-2012, 09:15 AM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tourlord View Post
Considering Oshawa played the night before and was missing two of there better players losing by a goal to the Rangers isn't bad at all.
Kitchener was missing 2 of their best players too. Not sure what point you're making. I thought Oshawa outplayed Kitchener all over the ice, except in net.

Old
11-12-2012, 09:15 AM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Apparently he's gone to Belleville for 3 picks.

Old
11-12-2012, 09:17 AM
tourlord*

Quote:
Kitchener was missing 2 of their best players too. Not sure what point you're making. I thought Oshawa outplayed Kitchener all over the ice, except in net.
Thought Puempel and Gibson played great. I think Puempels going to have an even bigger game tonight against team Russia.

Old
11-12-2012, 09:21 AM
Ward Cornell

Quote:
Originally Posted by tourlord View Post

I know where you're coming from in regards to playing the night before and even 3 in 3.
But fans may surprised the records in the 3rd game of the teams playing 3 in 3*..... It doesn't sway dramatically from their overall records.

* except for teams with bad records that becomes really really bad in the 3rd game!

Old
11-12-2012, 09:29 AM
tourlord*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward Cornell View Post
I know where you're coming from in regards to playing the night before and even 3 in 3.
But fans may surprised the records in the 3rd game of the teams playing 3 in 3*..... It doesn't sway dramatically from their overall records.

* except for teams with bad records that becomes really really bad in the 3rd game!
Agreed. Can'treally use that as an excuse because I know last seasons most teams played 3 in 3 and were used to it.

Last edited by tourlord*: 11-12-2012 at 09:49 AM.
Old
11-12-2012, 10:21 AM
BenchedGuy

Quote:
Apparently he's gone to Belleville for 3 picks.
Dang it. If he is not the guy, I want to see us pick up a crease clearing D-Man. That is something I think we are sorely lacking. We can't keep relying on Gibson to play outstanding all the time. I dont want teams thinking they can run Gibson and get away with it.

Old
11-12-2012, 08:33 PM
EvenSteven

Quote:
Dang it. If he is not the guy, I want to see us pick up a crease clearing D-Man. That is something I think we are sorely lacking. We can't keep relying on Gibson to play outstanding all the time. I dont want teams thinking they can run Gibson and get away with it.

Here! Here! But at the prices that these OA d-men are going for, I'm not optimistic one will find their way to Kitchener any time soon. Bottom line - Spott just ain't paying that price. If he was going to pay the going rate, he would have by now since he "likes to get his shopping done early".

By the way Steve, the prices.......

Aug. 29th - Chiarletti went for a 2nd, 5th and 10th.
Oct. 31st - Beukeboom went for a 2nd, 4th and 6th.
Nov. 12th - Cardwell went for a 2nd, 3rd, 5th.

...........are starting to creep up for OA d-men!

Since Hanes has departed, It's Fanelli's turn to see if he can handle the top pairing job beside Murphy. I think he's OK out there - just not vs the league's top talent on a regular basis. He's much more valuable playing against the opposition's 3rd and 4th lines. No disrespect, but he isn't the guy. We need another Sol, Kelly, or Pepe as our OA d-man if we want to be as solid as we were even last year.

As CharlieGirl said above, Gibson stole another one last night. However, outside of three or four games this season, our goaltending is responcible for all our points! That's both impressive and disturbing. This has to change!!

Along with our goaltending, the only other real constant, game in and game out, is Matt Puempel - on the scoreboard anyway. He has 16 goals this season and only 1 came in the four games that the Rangers scored more than three goals. That means that when the games are close, he shows up big time!! That's clutch!! He is a big reason the goaltending doesn't have to pitch a shutout on these nights.

Last edited by EvenSteven: 11-12-2012 at 08:53 PM.
Old
11-12-2012, 08:42 PM
EvenSteven

Quote:
* edited to add.....another improvement to the roster at no expense is a player some are pimping for the WJHC that
the Rangers hold his rights to and would be a possible OA next season....Matthew Peca!
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=142128
Rangers still hold his rights but he's always said QC or bust. I notice his numbers have dropped off from last year. I wonder whats up with that. Certainly not the stats line I'd expect from a WJHC invitee.

But whatever. If Spott can exploit his position as WJC coach to get this kid an invite that may translate into him maybe reporting here, I'm all for it!

Old
11-12-2012, 09:30 PM
Phatpat88

Can the rangers pick up another OA if zinder stays out for a long period of time hurt

Old
11-12-2012, 10:15 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatpat88 View Post
Can the rangers pick up another OA if zinder stays out for a long period of time hurt
Czinder has started his return to play protocol, so I would think he'll be better long before the trade deadline.

Old
11-13-2012, 08:18 AM
BenchedGuy

Quote:
Czinder has started his return to play protocol, so I would think he'll be better long before the trade deadline.
Dont think it matters too much. If we can upgrade our OA position I would imagine he would be the one to go before Alberga. We have one open slot to fill and then look at upgrading.

On a side note, I was surprised to see some of the OA names on our protected list. Paulley, Peca, Bondra and Braithwaite are also on our list before it has to get cut down to 4. Braithwaite I understood but I havent heard of Bondra or Paulley being mentioned. But I guess you have the luxury of protecting 8 to start the season, might as well put someone on the list.

Old
11-13-2012, 09:19 AM
Ward Cornell

Quote:
Dont think it matters too much. If we can upgrade our OA position I would imagine he would be the one to go before Alberga. We have one open slot to fill and then look at upgrading.

On a side note, I was surprised to see some of the OA names on our protected list. Paulley, Peca, Bondra and Braithwaite are also on our list before it has to get cut down to 4. Braithwaite I understood but I havent heard of Bondra or Paulley being mentioned. But I guess you have the luxury of protecting 8 to start the season, might as well put someone on the list.
I'm not even sure if Bondra or Pauley can even play for the Rangers as an OA since they didn't play in the OHL prior to their OA year.
I'm 100% sure the OHL has a rule regarding this (the Mike Van Ryn rule)

Old
11-13-2012, 09:26 AM
hockeylegend11

Quote:

Peca is not a 92 born player,he is a 93 born,probably on their 50 man reserve list,though I thought he was reclaimed on waivers by an unknown OHL team believed to be Windsor which is why he went to college instead of the Q

Old
11-13-2012, 09:32 AM
ORYX

Quote:

Peca is a 93, not on the O/A list.

AC, Alberga, Czinder, Paulley, Braithwaite, Bondra, Ritchie, Braun make the Rangers 8.

Never heard of some.

Old
11-13-2012, 09:56 AM
Ward Cornell

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
Peca is not a 92 born player,he is a 93 born,probably on their 50 man reserve list,though I thought he was reclaimed on waivers by an unknown OHL team believed to be Windsor which is why he went to college instead of the Q
Peca's rights are still held by Kitchener.

Old
11-13-2012, 10:44 AM
BenchedGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORYX View Post
Peca is a 93, not on the O/A list.

AC, Alberga, Czinder, Paulley, Braithwaite, Bondra, Ritchie, Braun make the Rangers 8.

Never heard of some.
Messed up Peca....and Ritchie and Matt Braun. Braun played a handful of games for the us a few years ago. Which trade was he a part of? (Sol or Iafrate I thought)

Old
11-13-2012, 10:45 AM
BenchedGuy

Quote:
I'm not even sure if Bondra or Pauley can even play for the Rangers as an OA since they didn't play in the OHL prior to their OA year.
I'm 100% sure the OHL has a rule regarding this (the Mike Van Ryn rule)
Not doubting you, just dont understand why they would be on the list then?

Old
11-13-2012, 11:07 AM
Ward Cornell

Quote:
Messed up Peca....and Ritchie and Matt Braun. Braun played a handful of games for the us a few years ago. Which trade was he a part of? (Sol or Iafrate I thought)
Braun came from Saginaw, not sure if he was in the Sol trade though. I think Braun was here prior to Sol arrival.

Old
11-13-2012, 01:17 PM
Tim Wallach

Quote:
Not doubting you, just dont understand why they would be on the list then?
I have to refresh myself on it, but I believe the rule Ward is referring to is only for NHL drafted NCAA players. It was to prevent them from jumping to junior as OAs and then declaring NHL free agency sooner. i.e. NCAA players' rights are owned by NHL teams longer, but if they play junior, they have to sign within two years of their draft.

I believe both Paulley and Bondra are free agents in terms of NHL status and therefore, it doesn't apply.

Closed Thread