HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

46th Obsequious Banter Thread - Kimbi Daniels and his frequent FLYER miles

Closed Thread

Old
11-07-2012, 01:40 AM
Krishna

vCash: 50
Looks like Puerto Rico has elected to become a state. Now congress just has to pass an enabling act and then they are on their way to joining the union

Old
11-07-2012, 02:00 AM
SolidSnakeUS

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
Looks like Puerto Rico has elected to become a state. Now congress just has to pass an enabling act and then they are on their way to joining the union
Good for them. Honestly, it would keep things more interesting.

Old
11-07-2012, 06:22 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Team QMJHL used "Doop" after scoring a goal in the Super Series

Old
11-07-2012, 06:25 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
Ah yes, Doop. The absolute worst goal song in the history of all goal songs across all sports across all time.

11-08-2012, 12:48 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

I have a question for anyone who can help, today I've gotten about 8 calls from different phone numbers within an hour of each other. They are from different states, I answered the phone once and it just hung up. Anyone know why this is happening, or is it happening to any of you?

11-08-2012, 06:20 PM
bennysflyers16

Always ready for bad weather in The Peg !!!!

Old
11-13-2012, 08:28 AM
Flyerfan808

I threw my old entertainment stand up on craigslist. It was a pretty nice peice. Solid wood (not that particle board ****), glass, and pretty ****ing high quality.I was asking for 100 bucks (I bought the thing for 700 less than a year ago.)

Some college girl, couldn't have been older than 20, comes by to see and proceeds to ask me 20 questions about it. "Are there previous owners?"... "Does it come with different handles?" ... "Is it biodegradeable?" NO, It's a ****ing entertainment stand, it doesn't have "previous owners." NO, it doesn't come with different handles... this is not Ikea, you don't get to customize, the item is sold AS IS. And NO, I don't even ****ing know if it's bio-degradeable... **** you for asking.

She examines it a bit more closely and finds a scratch on the BACK PANEL (the side that sits against the wall), and tries to take 20 bucks off the price. I told her, no... it's 100 bucks, and if that little scratch is a deal breaker then she can move along I've got a few more ppl coming to see it. She mulls it over and in the end agrees to it... FINE... ****... WHATEVER!

She and I carry it out to the driveway where I find her brand new 2012 Mini Cooper. I tell her that we might be able to fit it inside if she puts down the back seats and folds her passenger seat all the way forward. She is unwilling to try, she doesn't want to mess up her leather interior... go ****ing figure. She has surf racks and suggests that we could strap it to the roof. I agree, not because I think it's a good idea, but mainly because I just want her to ****ing leave. I ask her for her bungie straps... of course she doesn't have any... she sees the ones in my truck and asks me if she can HAVE them...Are you serious?... No, you may not HAVE my bungie straps.

She calls her friend who lives close by to come over with bungee straps. As I am sitting there... twiddling my thumbs... she gets off the phone and actually says this, "So I have to drive pretty far... can you take 20 bucks off the price for GAS money?"

Right before I lose my **** on her... A truck pulls into my driveway and blocks her in. Guy gets out of the car and shouts out, "Ey, is this the entertainment center... Oh, ****" He sees the girl standing in my driveway and the pissed off look in my face and says, "You still sellin'?" ... "For now I am." Guy takes one sweep around it and says, looks at her... then looks back at me, "I like it, I'll give you 120 right now for it." Deal. Totally ignoring the girl, he and I hoist it into his truckbed. Secure it down and wrap it up with blankets. Shake hands and he drives away. The whole transaction didn't take more than 2 minutes.

I turn back around and she is standing there in shock like... WTF just happened. I just smile and say, "Well, looks like we're done here."

Her friend shows up at my house 3 hours later with the bungie straps.

Old
11-13-2012, 08:48 AM
SolidSnakeUS

****ing amazing story. Seriously, **** her.

Old
11-13-2012, 08:52 AM
King Forsberg
21 68 88 16 44 28

vCash: 300
That is an epic story. Bravo sir

Old
11-13-2012, 12:42 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

that is a awesome story.
serves her right for being a cheap *****

Old
11-13-2012, 12:52 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

"Are there previous owners"

Old
11-13-2012, 12:55 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

I'd hate to try and sell a house to her...holy crow.

One question...was she hot at least? Cheap and hot...annoying....cheap and ugly majorly insulting...

Old
11-13-2012, 12:58 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
Oh boy....hate to hear some of the political punditry on this one...

Old
11-13-2012, 01:11 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySouthBroadSt View Post
Oh boy....hate to hear some of the political punditry on this one...
Or dealing with the ****s that say "We're America. We only speak English." Oh man... honestly, I find PR will be a game changer.

Old
11-13-2012, 01:16 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

I wouldn't bank on seeing them in the Union any time soon.

First, either the Reps or Dems will block their statehood depending on whether PR swings red or blue so they don't gift free electoral votes to the opposition. This is why states are pretty much always granted statehood in pairs or an even number; it allows the political balance to be maintained.

Second, only letting in one state screws up the stars on the flag. Nobody wants a goofy flag.

Old
11-13-2012, 01:23 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesesteak Invictus View Post
Second, only letting in one state screws up the stars on the flag. Nobody wants a goofy flag.
The PR rallying cry should be "Uno mas" even though the saying is more infamously associated with Hands of Stone Roberto Duran who was Panamanian...

Hands of Stone is of course more infamously associated with former Flyers Andreas "No Goal" Nodle

Old
11-13-2012, 02:10 PM
Flyerfan808

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySouthBroadSt View Post
I'd hate to try and sell a house to her...holy crow.

One question...was she hot at least? Cheap and hot...annoying....cheap and ugly majorly insulting...
She was a little hottie, I'll give her that... surfer chick, asian mix, great body, nice face, a little lacking on breast size if we're being completely honest, but still a 8.5/10.

Aside from being one of the biggest cheapskates I've ever seen, I was just getting this, "I'm better than you." vibe from her the entire time. Like I should be so grateful that SHE came to buy my entertainment center, like she was doing me a ****ing favor.

Her being hot wore off pretty quickly, and by the time it was finished I wanted to fill her vagina with concrete.

Old
11-13-2012, 02:14 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan808 View Post
She was a little hottie, I'll give her that... surfer chick, asian mix, great body, nice face, a little lacking on breast size if we're being completely honest, but still a 8.5/10.

Aside from being one of the biggest cheapskates I've ever seen, I was just getting this, "I'm better than you." vibe from her the entire time. Like I should be so grateful that SHE came to buy my entertainment center, like she was doing me a ****ing favor.

Her being hot wore off pretty quickly, and by the time it was finished I wanted to fill her vagina with concrete.
She probably would of told you to chisel it all out and do it again because you didn't do it right .

Old
11-13-2012, 02:57 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:

Ha ha..

She prolly will call you now that you put her in her place and didn't show defererence to her looks. Besides, maybe she would like some Quickrete in her love canal...

Old
11-13-2012, 06:57 PM
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
#beLIeve

Quote:
I threw my old entertainment stand up on craigslist. It was a pretty nice peice. Solid wood (not that particle board ****), glass, and pretty ****ing high quality.I was asking for 100 bucks (I bought the thing for 700 less than a year ago.)

Some college girl, couldn't have been older than 20, comes by to see and proceeds to ask me 20 questions about it. "Are there previous owners?"... "Does it come with different handles?" ... "Is it biodegradeable?" NO, It's a ****ing entertainment stand, it doesn't have "previous owners." NO, it doesn't come with different handles... this is not Ikea, you don't get to customize, the item is sold AS IS. And NO, I don't even ****ing know if it's bio-degradeable... **** you for asking.

She examines it a bit more closely and finds a scratch on the BACK PANEL (the side that sits against the wall), and tries to take 20 bucks off the price. I told her, no... it's 100 bucks, and if that little scratch is a deal breaker then she can move along I've got a few more ppl coming to see it. She mulls it over and in the end agrees to it... FINE... ****... WHATEVER!

She and I carry it out to the driveway where I find her brand new 2012 Mini Cooper. I tell her that we might be able to fit it inside if she puts down the back seats and folds her passenger seat all the way forward. She is unwilling to try, she doesn't want to mess up her leather interior... go ****ing figure. She has surf racks and suggests that we could strap it to the roof. I agree, not because I think it's a good idea, but mainly because I just want her to ****ing leave. I ask her for her bungie straps... of course she doesn't have any... she sees the ones in my truck and asks me if she can HAVE them...Are you serious?... No, you may not HAVE my bungie straps.

She calls her friend who lives close by to come over with bungee straps. As I am sitting there... twiddling my thumbs... she gets off the phone and actually says this, "So I have to drive pretty far... can you take 20 bucks off the price for GAS money?"

Right before I lose my **** on her... A truck pulls into my driveway and blocks her in. Guy gets out of the car and shouts out, "Ey, is this the entertainment center... Oh, ****" He sees the girl standing in my driveway and the pissed off look in my face and says, "You still sellin'?" ... "For now I am." Guy takes one sweep around it and says, looks at her... then looks back at me, "I like it, I'll give you 120 right now for it." Deal. Totally ignoring the girl, he and I hoist it into his truckbed. Secure it down and wrap it up with blankets. Shake hands and he drives away. The whole transaction didn't take more than 2 minutes.

I turn back around and she is standing there in shock like... WTF just happened. I just smile and say, "Well, looks like we're done here."

Her friend shows up at my house 3 hours later with the bungie straps.

That's a great ending.

11-13-2012, 07:37 PM
Superman33

Send a message via AIM to Superman33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesesteak Invictus View Post
I discussed this with my students. The best idea was to position the 50 stars into a pattern that forms one big star, hence the 51st star.

Old
11-13-2012, 08:26 PM
Phileeguy
G's got good hands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman33 View Post
I discussed this with my students. The best idea was to position the 50 stars into a pattern that forms one big star, hence the 51st star.
There are some good proposed designs out there on the interwebs, including the one you bring up I think. This one doesn't look too goofy.

[IMG]http://6.mshcdn.com/wp-content/gallery/******-designs-51-state-american-flag/WafZ2%20-%20Imgur.png[/IMG]

Old
11-13-2012, 10:14 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

So.........you guys come here often?

11-13-2012, 10:52 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

I live here. Rent is free, I just have to patch up any leaking pipes and sweep the halls occasionally.

Old
11-17-2012, 01:42 AM
Prongo
Beer

We need to post in here more often.

Closed Thread