HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > QMJHL

Top '97 for 2013 Q draft

Old
11-13-2012, 01:40 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 50
no

the all star AAA 15 ans has nothing to do with the reebok challenge.
That is all star game of the 40 best 15 year olds who play Midget AAA.

the Espoir teams and the 4 AAA teams are actually in the challenge.

Don't be surprised to see the Espoir team compete in some games

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 02:45 PM
Hockey Buff

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by x6 Pacioretty 7x View Post
no

the all star AAA 15 ans has nothing to do with the reebok challenge.
That is all star game of the 40 best 15 year olds who play Midget AAA

the Espoir teams and the 4 AAA teams are actually in the challenge.

Don't be surprised to see the Espoir team compete in some games

The all star game will be used to select the roster for the U16 team for the inaugural Quebec Challenge to be played in Chateauguay.

I think that the Espoir team will also compete and actually get better as the tourney moves on.

Hockey Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 03:22 PM
jfb392

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
So let me get this straight:

All Star Espoir
All Star 15 ans AAA

And 4 AAA teams who are supposed to compete against them ?
No, it's all 15 teams from the QMAAA, the Espoir All-Star team, Dartmouth Taylor Flooring, Cole Harbour Major Midget, Halifax Titans, and Moncton Flyers.

Should be a great tournament.

jfb392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 07:44 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfb392 View Post
No, it's all 15 teams from the QMAAA, the Espoir All-Star team, Dartmouth Taylor Flooring, Cole Harbour Major Midget, Halifax Titans, and Moncton Flyers.

Should be a great tournament.
So it's a 20 team free for all ?

How does it work ?

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 07:48 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

5 groups of 4 teams
each group will have 3 MAAA teams from quebec, the 4th team of each group will be one of the invited teams or the Espoir team.

Winner of each group + the 3 best 2nd place teams will advance to the quarter finals

all games that are played in the round robin between 2 teams of the Quebec Midget AAA league will count in the regular season standings as well

Old
11-13-2012, 08:32 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
5 groups of 4 teams
each group will have 3 MAAA teams from quebec, the 4th team of each group will be one of the invited teams or the Espoir team.

Winner of each group + the 3 best 2nd place teams will advance to the quarter finals

all games that are played in the round robin between 2 teams of the Quebec Midget AAA league will count in the regular season standings as well
So if CAG plays Magog it counts twords the standings ? That's stupid..

Old
11-14-2012, 07:22 AM
Hockey Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
So if CAG plays Magog it counts twords the standings ? That's stupid..
42 game season.
40 games on the reg schedule. Each team plays their division rivals 5 times and each of the other teams twice. The first 2 games played against Quebec Midget AAA teams in the tourney completes the regular season schedule.
The tourney sched should be available soon. It'll be set after each team plays 20 games.

Hockey Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 07:53 PM
hockey jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Buff View Post
42 game season.
40 games on the reg schedule. Each team plays their division rivals 5 times and each of the other teams twice. The first 2 games played against Quebec Midget AAA teams in the tourney completes the regular season schedule.
The tourney sched should be available soon. It'll be set after each team plays 20 games.
I would like to ad some Atlantic kids name to your mix

From New Brunswick

Forwards

Will Bower
JM Leblanc
Alex Jacob
Ryan Tomkins
Patrick Daley

Defense

Luc Dechene
Matt paul
Jake Vance

These are my top Midget players in Nb

IMO

hockey jockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 08:43 PM
jfb392

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey jockey View Post
I would like to ad some Atlantic kids name to your mix

From New Brunswick

Forwards

Will Bower
JM Leblanc
Alex Jacob
Ryan Tomkins
Patrick Daley

Defense

Luc Dechene
Matt paul
Jake Vance

These are my top Midget players in Nb

IMO
I remember everyone saying a few years ago that Jacob would be great in the Q if only he grew a bit.
He's listed at 5'5'' 130 but it could easily be outdated, so has he grown at all?

Old
11-15-2012, 07:16 AM
Dogpound

Quote:
I remember everyone saying a few years ago that Jacob would be great in the Q if only he grew a bit.
He's listed at 5'5'' 130 but it could easily be outdated, so has he grown at all?
Jacob still the same size it looks like. Size doesn't seem to be hurting him that much after two games this year with 1 goal and 8 assists in 2 games..

Dogpound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 10:13 AM
hockeyfan1977

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada4Gold1 View Post
Steele and Hackett have been the best PEI players that I've seen play midget major this year. They would have to improve their skating if they want to make it in the Q. I haven't been impressed with any other PEI '97 yet. Steele and Hackett remind me of Damon McDonald and he wasn't drafted by a Q team but I could be wrong.

A few players from the NB teams that could be drafted are:

Fredericton- Deschenes, Vance, Paul, Tompkins, maybe Daley (sometimes inconsistent), and maybe Astle (he was highly regarded last year at the start of the season but wasn't drafted last year).

Moncton- Jacob, Belec, and maybe Richard (not sure if he's just riding Bradley's cottail or not).

Saint John- Bower and Leblanc

Miramichi- Theriault, Landry (not sure why he hasn't been drafted yet/he's NB's best Midget Major goalie), maybe Castonguay ( not drafted last year and I could see why but it isn't something to discuss on this forum), maybe Savoie (size could be his downfall), and maybe Beaulieu (skill is there but needs to be more aggressive).

A lot of Fredericton and Miramichi guys but they are the youngest teams so it should be expected. This is just my opinion. The Monctonian is coming up in two weeks so we can see which players get picked for the prospect game.

Hackett is listed as 5'9 and 200 and Morrison 5'9 210. They need to get in better shape if they ever want a chance and I would question their height they look shorter.

Last edited by hockeyfan1977: 11-15-2012 at 10:14 AM. Reason: mistake
hockeyfan1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 01:52 PM
IslandScouter

Is Larter still the top 97 prospect in your guys opinion, even with there size there seems to be some good rookies putting up points for Thunder.

As far as Jacobs goes from Moncton he is by far the most skill level of 97's group from NB, but obvious question mark is his size, as previously stated though hasn't slowed him down in his first 2 games..

IslandScouter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 03:59 PM
jfb392

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogpound View Post
Jacob still the same size it looks like. Size doesn't seem to be hurting him that much after two games this year with 1 goal and 8 assists in 2 games..
That's too bad.
I did see that he had eight assists in his first game back, but it was against Cornwall and he played with the two leading scorers in the league in Bradley and Richard.

Monctonian began today, anyone there?
If you're looking for scores, they're here.

Old
11-16-2012, 10:41 PM
IAMCANADIAN

Quote:
That's too bad.
I did see that he had eight assists in his first game back, but it was against Cornwall and he played with the two leading scorers in the league in Bradley and Richard.

Monctonian began today, anyone there?
If you're looking for scores, they're here.
I was at the Monctonian tonight. I watched a Minor Midget game and then the QMJHL Prospect game. Alexandre Jacob looked really good out there, especially since it hasn't been that long since returning from injury. The rosters they gave out, list him as 5'5.5" and 133lbs.

Despite the size, he was very noticeable. Played center most of the game, played wing later in the game.

IAMCANADIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2012, 05:56 PM
hockey jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAMCANADIAN View Post
I was at the Monctonian tonight. I watched a Minor Midget game and then the QMJHL Prospect game. Alexandre Jacob looked really good out there, especially since it hasn't been that long since returning from injury. The rosters they gave out, list him as 5'5.5" and 133lbs.

Despite the size, he was very noticeable. Played center most of the game, played wing later in the game.
People can say what they want but he is a good player in Midget even with his sixe issue , lets hope he grows before Junior as he will stuggle at that size if he don't grow , I would like to see him grow because he would be a great player at the next level.

JMO

I watched the prospects game it was not a bad game the other NB players that played in it looked good, some better than others I was really surprised not to see Will Bower from St John , the only 97 forwards was Leblanc and Jacob, Tompkins from fredericton likely would have played if not injured no Theriault, Daley , Belic, or Woulds Lots of (6) NB Dmen

Deschene
Comeau ( little bit of a surprise)
Robichaud (surprise)
Myers (little bit of a surprise)
Vance
Paul

in my opinion some interesting picks and some omissions from the team

JMO

hockey jockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2012, 06:44 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Who's the best goalie available ?

Old
11-17-2012, 07:53 PM
hockeyfan1977

How did Steele, Larter and Toole from PEI play?

Old
11-17-2012, 09:20 PM
NBHockey
finish your checks

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan1977 View Post
How did Steele, Larter and Toole from PEI play?
Larter the best of the three... Steele was so so, Toole was over his head. Hard to understand how he gets in and Bower doesn't.

Blade-Dixon was good, but is small.

NBHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 11:32 AM
UncMike

Who do you see, if any, getting drafted from the CB Tradesmen?

UncMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 06:33 PM
Frankie

anyone from newfoundland do anything notable during the monctonian?

Frankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 08:56 AM
hockeyfan1977

I was surprised McManaman from Charlottetown Islanders was not asked to play. He is a 96 but he is steady, good puck mover and one of biggest hitters in the league

Old
11-19-2012, 09:55 AM
IslandScouter

Made it over to Moncton from PEI for the weekend, As far as 97's go J.M Leblanc looked great, Jacob is a real talent and size isnt an issue at the midget level but I could see him struggling to make the jump to Major Jr.

As far as islanders go I was surprised as were most to Tooles selection for the prospects game, he seemed out of place out there, Larter fit in well and Steele wasn't bad.

Some other 97's from PEI that I liked that I was wondering if could be drafted were Morrisson and Arsenault from Cornwall.

Also really like Mcmanaman out the Islanders as well, sturdy, solid D man.

IslandScouter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 11:40 AM
Galchenyuk x 27

Has Logan Macmanaman gotten any bigger? Height and weight

Havent seen him since 2 years ago when he played at Harrington College

Old
11-19-2012, 12:19 PM
ClemQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGuy98 View Post
Made it over to Moncton from PEI for the weekend, As far as 97's go J.M Leblanc looked great (either your his agent, related or his coach!!! if not, which game did you watch? he was non-existent at the prospect game), Jacob is a real talent and size isnt an issue at the midget level but I could see him struggling to make the jump to Major Jr. (no way he can play major junior at that size. He is a talent, and stands out, but, only when he plays center. he played parts of some games on the weekend on the wings, and he was not nearly as effective. It will be tough for a 5'5 center at major junior)As far as islanders go I was surprised as were most to Tooles selection for the prospects game, he seemed out of place out there, Larter fit in well and Steele wasn't bad.

Some other 97's from PEI that I liked that I was wondering if could be drafted were Morrisson and Arsenault from Cornwall.

Also really like Mcmanaman out the Islanders as well, sturdy, solid D man.
Wasnt many A level prospects, Welsh on defence from halifax and also from halifax, Pickard.

ClemQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 12:34 PM
Canada4Gold1

Quote:
Has Logan Macmanaman gotten any bigger? Height and weight

Havent seen him since 2 years ago when he played at Harrington College
He is listed as 5'9 and 202 lbs on the Major Midget site. I was surprised to see Robichaud, Toole, and Steele to be selected. Robichaud could have been selected because they needed a extra defensemen but there were better forwards to replace Toole and Steele. Bower (Saint John), Beaulieu (Miramichi), and Belec (Moncton) should of been there in my mind. All three of them played well in the first two games. The other 97's from New Brunswick that didn't make it didn't impress me. Daley from Fredericton played well in his first game but didn't in the second and Theriault from Miramichi just looks out of place in Miramichi's games now.

Canada4Gold1 is offline   Reply With Quote