HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

The All Purpose Lu Thread (MOD WARNING IN OP)

Closed Thread

Old
11-13-2012, 01:19 PM
birddog*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
So lets get this straight. Since Burke traded picks..(not Seguin and Hamilton by the way) We have Kessel (PPG) Lupul (PPG) Phaneuf, Gardiner, JVR, McClement a defensive minded coach and IF we added Luongo (a PROVEN starting goalie) you think we finish bottom 2?!?!
This team is soft. This team has record setting bad PK. This team does not play defence well. You think Luongo is going to change all that? The rest of the pieces were there last year for the 5th last finish.

Old
11-13-2012, 01:22 PM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by doorman View Post
I hope you don't think my asking age was an insult, just on the other board i used to go on well, fans that wanted to sell the future were young. I don't want to see the leafs lose anymore then you, even though i can't claim any of the things to the involved history as you do. I can only say that i love the leafs enough the one time as an Adult i got to got to the grand old lady to watch a game I got butterflies and tears. This is the only reason I don't wanna sell the future for one player. I also stated before you proposed payment, I have no issues with. i was more referring to what a lot of expected returns i had read on here were. Now to your pointed turn of teams like TB and Col, who have traded firsts for goalies, well I think it is fair to say they have a better centre situation then we do. If that makes sense, lol?
I have said from the getgo....we have 2 major holes..#1C and #1G. Both are equaly important in my view (maybe even moreso for goalie), we have a chance to fill one.

Old
11-13-2012, 01:25 PM
BlueBaron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
I wouldn't say Columbus is off the table, though. The media is less aggressive there, the taxes are lower, etc. One could make a reasonable argument for virtually anywhere, and with the exception of Florida, none of us have a clue what teams he would or wouldn't waive for.
The context of what I was being quoted on and inturn quoted on (admittedly off topic) was Lupul resigning with the Leafs. I agree I have no notion of what Luongo will do, I am just saying the assumption Lupul won't resign with us because we have been a lottery team is weak.

Old
11-13-2012, 01:26 PM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by birddog View Post
This team is soft. This team has record setting bad PK. This team does not play defence well. You think Luongo is going to change all that? The rest of the pieces were there last year for the 5th last finish.
JVR and McClement were not there and Carlyle for a short time only. And ya, i believe Luongo takes this team much higher in the standings. The difference between a .900 save% and a .920+ is huge.

Old
11-13-2012, 01:36 PM
NYVanfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by birddog View Post
wren't they really good for the first half last year, and then really lousy for the second half?
and wasn't goaltending that #1 reason for that shift?
or do i have it wrong..?

Old
11-13-2012, 01:37 PM
Vankiller Whale
And so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBaron View Post
The context of what I was being quoted on and inturn quoted on (admittedly off topic) was Lupul resigning with the Leafs. I agree I have no notion of what Luongo will do, I am just saying the assumption Lupul won't resign with us because we have been a lottery team is weak.
Oh, okay, my bad. Carry on then.

Old
11-13-2012, 01:39 PM
doorman

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYVanfan View Post
wren't they really good for the first half last year, and then really lousy for the second half?
and wasn't goaltending that #1 reason for that shift?
or do i have it wrong..?
They were sorta good in the first half, but goaltending was in spurts after Reimer went down and even after he was rushed back. The whole team had a confidence level of about negative 7 in the second half. Actually they really went down hill after Wilson announced Christmas day that he got a contract extention.

Old
11-13-2012, 01:39 PM
WonderTwinsUnite

So Leafs fans want to keep JVR? Understandable, as he has yet to play a game for you. I'd rather Lupul on the Canucks anyway - a more proven commodity, with multiple 50+ point and 20+ goal seasons.

I still think the Raymond/Franson swap is a good idea.

Old
11-13-2012, 01:55 PM
gabeliscious

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderTwinsUnite View Post
So Leafs fans want to keep JVR? Understandable, as he has yet to play a game for you. I'd rather Lupul on the Canucks anyway - a more proven commodity, with multiple 50+ point and 20+ goal seasons.

i really dont see burke moving lupul unless he flat out tells burke he wont resign which i would find shocking. jvr is even more unlikely. either way i especially cant imagine burke moving either and then adding on top of them for luongo

leafs have no use for raymond. if you are interested in franson im sure he can be thrown into a potential deal for luongo or in a separate deal for a 2nd rounder.

out of our roster wingers the only 2 who are possibly available are macarthur or kulemin.

out of our roster centers the only 2 who are available are lombardi, connolly, or steckel. i dont see burke moving bozak.

Old
11-13-2012, 01:57 PM
LEAFS FAN 4 EVER
Go Leafs Go

One thing I think we should make clear is that Burke won't trade James van Riemsdyk. The reason is he just traded for him this past June at the 2012 Draft and there is no chance he is involved in a trade for Luongo. So my advice to the Canucks fans is to stop including him.

Old
11-13-2012, 02:01 PM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabeliscious View Post
i really dont see burke moving lupul unless he flat out tells burke he wont resign which i would find shocking. jvr is even more unlikely. either way i especially cant imagine burke moving either and then adding on top of them for luongo

leafs have no use for raymond. if you are interested in franson im sure he can be thrown into a potential deal for luongo or in a separate deal for a 2nd rounder.

out of our roster wingers the only 2 who are possibly available are macarthur or kulemin.

out of our roster centers the only 2 who are available are lombardi, connolly, or steckel. i dont see burke moving bozak.
Really, so in a deal that would get us a bonified goalie...you think Bozak kills it? I get he is our #1C...but in no way do i say no to Luongo because of Bozak.

Old
11-13-2012, 02:02 PM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:

After trading Schenn, Franson becomes usefull here....Raymond does not.

Old
11-13-2012, 02:09 PM
WonderTwinsUnite

Quote:
After trading Schenn, Franson becomes usefull here....Raymond does not.
Do you want Alberts?

Old
11-13-2012, 02:10 PM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:
Do you want Alberts?
That would be a no.

Old
11-13-2012, 02:11 PM
WonderTwinsUnite

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabeliscious View Post

MacArthur and Kulemin are not attractive enough to Vancouver. I mean, for ****s sake, Kulemin had SEVEN goals last year. His value is not that high.

Old
11-13-2012, 02:32 PM
frankthetank91

Don't wanna be that guy but my uncle knows someone in the Leafs organization and said Luongo will be a Leaf after lockout. Take it for what you will i'm not trying to be an insider or anything and this is the first time i've done this so don't shoot the messenger.

With that being said pieces are unknown. If you use common sense and logic JvR is obviously not going to be traded. We just acquire him and he hasn't even played a game yet theres no chance.

Old
11-13-2012, 02:36 PM
doorman

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankthetank91 View Post
don't wanna be that guy but my uncle knows someone in the leafs organization and said luongo will be a leaf after lockout. Take it for what you will i'm not trying to be an insider or anything and this is the first time i've done this so don't shoot the messenger.

With that being said pieces are unknown. If you use common sense and logic jvr is obviously not going to be traded. We just acquire him and he hasn't even played a game yet theres no chance.
bang!!!!lol

Old
11-13-2012, 02:40 PM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:
Don't wanna be that guy but my uncle knows someone in the Leafs organization and said Luongo will be a Leaf after lockout. Take it for what you will i'm not trying to be an insider or anything and this is the first time i've done this so don't shoot the messenger.

With that being said pieces are unknown. If you use common sense and logic JvR is obviously not going to be traded. We just acquire him and he hasn't even played a game yet theres no chance.
Lol....i have had family (multiple) who have worked for MLSE and i still get some inside info.....i would love to say some of it but the one time i did, i got slammed for not being an official source.

Old
11-13-2012, 02:43 PM
frankthetank91

Quote:
Lol....i have had family (multiple) who have worked for MLSE and i still get some inside info.....i would love to say some of it but the one time i did, i got slammed for not being an official source.
Understandable, I'm not claiming to be a source though. I don't care if people believe me or not just putting it out there. This is the Luongo thread ive seen a bunch of irrelevant posts in it so I dont see the harm in posting it.

Old
11-13-2012, 02:45 PM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:
Understandable, im not claiming to be a source though. I dont care f people believe me or not just putting it out there. This is the Luongo thread ive seen a bug of irrelevant posts in it so I dont see the harm in posting it.
No worries, for what it's worth, i can say your Uncle is fairly accurate.

Old
11-13-2012, 02:49 PM
frankthetank91

Quote:
Good to hear. Hopefully this slows down the Luongo to Columbus posts.

Old
11-13-2012, 02:54 PM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:
Good to hear. Hopefully this slows down the Luongo to Columbus posts.
Whatever both fanbases think, Toronto is an ideal spot for Luongo. It's fans are starving for some success, Luongo would be a God in a huge hockey city if he brought said success to them.

Old
11-13-2012, 03:22 PM
Numbers

Quote:
Is this what you heard from from your family in the organization too?

Old
11-13-2012, 03:29 PM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
Is this what you heard from from your family in the organization too?
I don't currently have any family there...they are all retired, but they do still keep in close contact with others in the organization. Some are very close family so i grill them for info. When i asked about the Luongo thing it was a smile..nudge nudge wink wink thing. After Pitt landed Vokoun, i was asking why the Hell Burke didn't do that deal....i thought is was cheap. The answer i got was in a jokingly sarcastic tone...the answer....well i guess there is NO WAY Burke could be getting another goalie now is there...again, smile nudge nudge.

This is in no way me claiming to be a source, and in no way guranteeing it's true. But i will say, these same guys let me in on the trade of our now captain well before it happened. Some of the best stuff is the "almost happened" over the years.

Old
11-13-2012, 03:40 PM
Numbers

Quote:
I don't currently have any family there...they are all retired, but they do still keep in close contact with others in the organization. Some are very close family so i grill them for info. When i asked about the Luongo thing it was a smile..nudge nudge wink wink thing. After Pitt landed Vokoun, i was asking why the Hell Burke didn't do that deal....i thought is was cheap. The answer i got was in a jokingly sarcastic tone...the answer....well i guess there is NO WAY Burke could be getting another goalie now is there...again, smile nudge nudge.

This is in no way me claiming to be a source, and in no way guranteeing it's true. But i will say, these same guys let me in on the trade of our now captain well before it happened. Some of the best stuff is the "almost happened" over the years.
But I guess they do not give you insight on pieces going either way?

Closed Thread