HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

Crazy new Sports bar coming to ByWard Market from MLSE?

Old
11-12-2012, 01:48 PM
Buck Aki Berg
My pockets hurt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilderPegasus View Post
What a stupid question. Do you not understand what a wireless contract is?
Wouldn't a REAL Senators fan pay the fee to break his contract? Or are you just a Leaf sympathizer who's hiding his true colours behind a contract?

We're on to you.

Buck Aki Berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 02:28 PM
WilderPegasus*
A REAL Senators fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Aki Berg View Post
Wouldn't a REAL Senators fan pay the fee to break his contract? Or are you just a Leaf sympathizer who's hiding his true colours behind a contract?

We're on to you.

Paying the fee would be giving them money for nothing and would cost as much as staying on the contract. Don't worry. I'll be switching to Telus next year.

And I did dump Rogers right after they bought the Leafs. Now I'm with Teksavvy who is way better and cheaper.

But keep trying to knock a real Sens fan instead of mocking those who support the enemy. It tells me where your loyalties lie.

WilderPegasus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 03:23 PM
Melnyks Mirage
We are what we are.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Paying the fee would be giving them money for nothing and would cost as much as staying on the contract. Don't worry. I'll be switching to Telus next year.

And I did dump Rogers right after they bought the Leafs. Now I'm with Teksavvy who is way better and cheaper.

But keep trying to knock a real Sens fan instead of mocking those who support the enemy. It tells me where your loyalties lie.
Friend of mine is going to egg anyone that enters this building, he'll also be putting Senators hockey cards at every table (via roommate) and booing anyone entering the building.

Melnyks Mirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 03:43 PM
Melnyks Mirage
We are what we are.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
If Tucker opened up shop in Ottawa he'd be stupid. If it was in Toronto and I was going there with people, I wouldn't be the ass hole saying he can't go in because he's a Sens fan.

I doubt you'll see either of those guys just like you're unlikely to see them in any bar in the market. Could I see the younger guys ending up there at some point? Probably. But it won't be like with the Leafs where they are probably encouraged to go.

Who cares, really. It's a bar, and we already know the cash doesn't help TML.
Just to refer to the Tucker thing, he has a stake in Tappo's on Winery Row or whatever it's called. Forewarned is forearmed, you can go to TO and not directly support the Leafs.

Just go to this bar people:

The Senate Sports Tavern opening on Clarence Street. Ottawa born, Ottawa run and Senators focused. Don't know the weblink policy here but if you hang around Senators blogs you can find it easily enough.

Go Sens!

Melnyks Mirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 05:38 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensFanDan View Post
Just to refer to the Tucker thing, he has a stake in Tappo's on Winery Row or whatever it's called. Forewarned is forearmed, you can go to TO and not directly support the Leafs.

Just go to this bar people:

The Senate Sports Tavern opening on Clarence Street. Ottawa born, Ottawa run and Senators focused. Don't know the weblink policy here but if you hang around Senators blogs you can find it easily enough.

Go Sens!
Sounds sweet, hadn't heard of that.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 07:11 PM
Ohhh Franco

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensFanDan View Post
Friend of mine is going to egg anyone that enters this building, he'll also be putting Senators hockey cards at every table (via roommate) and booing anyone entering the building.

There's a house in my neighborhood that has one of those pseudo LEAFS LANE signs on the front of their house. Every time I drive/walk by I either wanna egg their house or go rip it down. PISSES ME RIGHT OFF!!!!!!

Last edited by Fugu: 11-12-2012 at 09:08 PM. Reason: ...
Ohhh Franco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 07:23 PM
Legend Killer

vCash: 1263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohhh Franco View Post
There's a house in my neighborhood that has one of those pseudo LEAFS LANE signs on the front of their house. Every time I drive/walk by I either wanna egg their house or go rip it down. PISSES ME RIGHT OFF!!!!!!
I wouldnt live in a neighbourhood where a Leafs fan lives!!! No REAL Sens fan would do that!!

Legend Killer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 07:25 PM
hockeyalltheway
Get well soon, GMBM.

vCash: 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer View Post
I wouldnt live in a neighbourhood where a Leafs fan lives!!! No REAL Sens fan would do that!!
Well played.

11-12-2012, 08:25 PM
18Hossa

vCash: 232
Quote:

https://maps.google.ca/maps?q=66+She...21rSneyDwKbYsA
Now to find your house.

18Hossa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 08:28 PM
Gil Gunderson

Quote:
Hell no!

You see there are these things called websites. Sometimes for bars and restaurants they have these other things called menus on them. On those menus they even have the prices sometimes.

I'm still a real Sens fan unlike the phony Sens fans who are trying to justify going to a Leaf bar with silly rationalizations.
Why are you giving their site hits? Every small contribution to the evil empire makes you less of a Sens fan!

Gil Gunderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 08:47 PM
WilderPegasus*
A REAL Senators fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer View Post
Well, you can't run from them. A REAL Sens fan wouldn't do that. You've got to drive them out. It shouldn't be too hard. Just a burn a 67 on their lawn a couple times.

Last edited by WilderPegasus*: 11-12-2012 at 09:27 PM.
WilderPegasus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 09:05 PM
Ohhh Franco

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Hossa View Post
Now to find your house.
Why would you want to do that?

Old
11-13-2012, 11:37 AM
SilverSeven

Quote:

And of course, you wont be watching Sens games on Snet or TSN. Dont want to support the Leafs!

SilverSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 11:42 AM
PeterSidorkiewicz
Original *** allstar

Hopefully you guys stopped paying taxes like me so it didn't go towards your provinces teacher pension funds. Basically you're the reason the Leafs were able to get Belfour and Cujo and Roberts, etc.

You make me sick.

PeterSidorkiewicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 11:57 AM
Buckleys

You realize how ridiculous you sound right?

I use Rogers, I'm a diehard Blue Jays fan and Raptors fan, and even follow the TFC and Argos a little (admittedly don't care much, check scores and watch the odd game when nothing else is on for those last two). And I despise the Toronto Maple Leafs.

MLSE is putting a bar in Ottawa to make money, which means realistically there is going to be more of a Senators focus, with maybe a bit of the CFL team when it comes, and if we ever got MLS. They will market to the people. And you know what? nights there are no sens games, they may put on a leaf game for leaf fans in the area, they did that in Toronto for Senators and Habs fans.

When I lived in Toronto, I went to watch a few Senators games at the Real Sports bars there and the place was covered in Senators jersey's, once Ricky Romero even tweeted about how surprising it was to see so many Sens jerseys while in the playoffs.

Newsflash, you not going and occasionally spending some money will in no way impact whether the Toronto Maple Leafs can afford free agent spending or not.

If you're switching phone companies and internet companies (though I am also with teksavvy, just in general a good decision, and not to burst your bubble, use Rogers and Bell lines depending on how you set up your internet).

I live and breath sports, I study while watching them, go to games whenever I can, but to suggest entering Real Sports Bar makes you a Leaf fan is outrageous. Why doesn't it make them a Raptors fan? Or a TFC fan?

If you are using professional sports as a grounds to base life choices on, you have a problem. Use your head for once, it goes a long way.

Buckleys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 12:06 PM
Scooter Magee*

I can't believe some of you live in a city that has leaf fans!

Scooter Magee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 01:17 PM
OneManArmy65*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regin8tor View Post
They're not die hard fans man.

OneManArmy65* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 01:38 PM
Disclose

vCash: 1000
Quote:
It's fine as long as they don't buy any concessions. Leaf games are sold out regardless so you're not giving the evil empire any additional revenue.
euhhh... its the same thing; if you think MLSE will make his "evil empire" bigger in a bar in Ottawa, then your argument is laughable.

trust me; the Leafs wont win a cup because we're buying beer from their owners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckleys View Post

When I lived in Toronto, I went to watch a few Senators games at the Real Sports bars there and the place was covered in Senators jersey's, once Ricky Romero even tweeted about how surprising it was to see so many Sens jerseys while in the playoffs.
yeahh. i live in montreal and ive seen bars full of Leafs and Sens jerseys when they play.
i guess none of them were real fans since theyre giving money to a damn Habs fan owner and the city of montreal....

edit: that mendes article below is hilarious

Last edited by Disclose: 11-13-2012 at 01:56 PM.
Disclose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 01:50 PM
Ohhh Franco

Mendes has weighed in...kinda. He at least recognizes that there could/should be some animosity.

Ian Mendes ‏@ian_mendes
The Maple Leafs are opening up a restaurant in Ottawa? A guide for Sens & Leafs fans on how to co-exist.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2012/...valry_renewed/

Old
11-13-2012, 02:14 PM
Upgrayedd

So people on an internet forum regarding a specific hockey team are attacking a guy because he does not want to goto a bar owned by his favorite teams rival?....out of anywhere in the world i would expect these forums to understand completely! See you at the Senate Franco!

Upgrayedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 02:17 PM
Ohhh Franco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upgrayedd View Post
So people on an internet forum regarding a specific hockey team are attacking a guy because he does not want to goto a bar owned by his favorite teams rival?....out of anywhere in the world i would expect these forums to understand completely! See you at the Senate Franco!
There'll be quite a few of us there, that's for sure. Some people get it, some people clearly dont. Whatever. I know where I stand and take solace knowing that many others feel the same way.

Old
11-13-2012, 02:22 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Mendes has weighed in...kinda. He at least recognizes that there could/should be some animosity.

Ian Mendes ‏@ian_mendes
The Maple Leafs are opening up a restaurant in Ottawa? A guide for Sens & Leafs fans on how to co-exist.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2012/...valry_renewed/
But he pretty much just makes fun of it.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 02:25 PM
Upgrayedd

I try to provide anything blue leaf related with as little financial backing as possible!

Upgrayedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 02:25 PM
saskriders
ColinGreening's#1fan

vCash: 1322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Regin8tor View Post
If they were real Sens fans they wouldn't live in a country with Leaf fans

Vote Sens Fan Bloc Party

saskriders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 02:32 PM
Ohhh Franco

I really dont understand the posters mocking those who have stated that they wont support Real Sports. What's the deal? You spend hours and hours and have thousands and thousands of posts mostly about the Ottawa Senators, but you now take the low road and mock those who are putting their money where their mouths/heart are.