HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Was-Nas

Old
11-11-2012, 02:26 PM
Soundgarden

vCash: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by fedfed View Post
Ovi had 38 last year, I'd expect 40-45 next year because I think Oates system will be better suited for the gifted players.
But with Trotz he's back in a conservative system. Doesn't mean he won't score a lot, but of he indeed HAS regressed, or stagnated, then Troyz system won't do him any favors.

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 02:32 PM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundgarden View Post
But with Trotz he's back in a conservative system. Doesn't mean he won't score a lot, but of he indeed HAS regressed, or stagnated, then Troyz system won't do him any favors.
I agree. Though he looked pretty good late in the regular season under Hunter, put up the best month (March that was I believe) in a long long time, many years. Last time he put up 50 he didn't have such an impressive month. That was kind of bizarre considering the so-called "dump-and-not-chase" strategy the Caps used.

fedfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 02:33 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Nashville also has a top 10 offense so why do they need more offense?

Nashville's offense was #8 and defense was #10, if anything, they could use a solidification of the defense.

BigFatCat999 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 08:53 AM
txpd

i am trying to see the op's vision on this. gaustad? ovechkin and green are all star level players. ovechkin has been and could be again a hart trophy winner. even if you are of the mind that weber is a better player than ovechkin which i wouldnt do, you cant possibly be saying that gaustad is a better player and more valuable than mike green.

care to explain?

txpd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 08:58 AM
BonMorrison
Sexy Back

How is this myth of the Predators being offensively challenged STILL prevalent?

BonMorrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 08:02 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonMorrison View Post
How is this myth of the Predators being offensively challenged STILL prevalent?
Because folks keep noticing that 30 goals is seemingly unattainable for any Nashville player, and ignore the fact that they have more 15-goal scorers than most teams have 10-goal scorers because "what difference does five goals make, anyways?"

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 01:24 PM
capitalsrock

I'm just wondering if anyone can tell me if the value is here

Edm:

Nail Yakupov

Wsh:

Marcus Johansson
Dmitry Orlov
1st

Reason:Caps get top 6 winger could influence kuznetsov to come to NHL. Sure, we give up assets but it's worth it if we can sign ribeiro as 2C and possibly fill that D hole somehow. The pick is going to be a late rounder probably if a lottery happens so no big loss there. Edmonton get 2C could move gagner down and get good D prospect and an upgrade from some of their other D prospects. 1st round just adds value to make it more fair for edmonton giving away their first overall pick, even though i don't think he would fit into their lineup.

capitalsrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 02:12 PM
Halpysback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Look at Detroit's blueline right now post-Lidstrom. Nashville would envy it if Weber vanished.

Right now Nashville's defensive depth has been pretty badly shaken. If for some reason Josi doesn't do well (either due to soph slump or injury or both), then the blueline's in pretty ugly shape. Losing Weber would turn it into a bona-fide catastrophe as there are no other legit top-pairing blueliners there at the moment. (Josi seems likely to become one, and looked a lot like one last year, but, again, we'll see.)

Mike Green's skillset has some compatibility issues with Preds hockey. He could work out there just fine... but not as the leader of that blueline. If Suter hadn't left, that's a pairing that could have worked, but Suter nowadays is busy complaining about taking the money and running not coming with a guarantee.

And the funny thing is that Nashville doesn't actually need a major offensive star. They were one of the top goal-scoring teams in the League last year without one. Some teams score by committee; Nashville scores by massive bureaucracy. Or something.

Bottom line, while adding a major elite All-Star forward would be nice, it's not worth effectively crippling the blueline for the foreseeable future.

...and then of course there's the whole "Washington wouldn't do it in a million billion years" factor.
Green has been playing 27 minutes a game with Shaone Morrisson and Jeff Schultz for most of his career and making it work as a top pairing of a good to great team. Best he partners he ever had were Poti on a good run and a 38 year old Hamrlik last year. No Ryan Suter holding his hand. Ever. Nashville's blueline doesn't automatically keel over and die if Green replaces Weber.

Either way, a proposal like this would be Weber for Green + Johansson + type.

Halpysback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 02:50 PM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalsrock View Post

Edm:

Nail Yakupov

Wsh:

Marcus Johansson
Dmitry Orlov
1st

Reason:Caps get top 6 winger could influence kuznetsov to come to NHL. Sure, we give up assets but it's worth it if we can sign ribeiro as 2C and possibly fill that D hole somehow. The pick is going to be a late rounder probably if a lottery happens so no big loss there. Edmonton get 2C could move gagner down and get good D prospect and an upgrade from some of their other D prospects. 1st round just adds value to make it more fair for edmonton giving away their first overall pick, even though i don't think he would fit into their lineup.
*Ribeiro is old and i'd guess not part of the long term plan.
*Yak is a prospect. Johansson is an nhl player that approached 50pts in his second season. He plays pp and pk and all three forward positions aswell as 5 on 5 and 4 on 4.
* Orlov also has NHL game to see. He has shown himself to be a big play defenseman at the baby stage both offensively and defensively.

You would seriously trade them both plus a 1st for a selected early first? I dont think thats smart.

Old
11-14-2012, 12:37 PM
capitalsrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
*Ribeiro is old and i'd guess not part of the long term plan.
*Yak is a prospect. Johansson is an nhl player that approached 50pts in his second season. He plays pp and pk and all three forward positions aswell as 5 on 5 and 4 on 4.
* Orlov also has NHL game to see. He has shown himself to be a big play defenseman at the baby stage both offensively and defensively.

You would seriously trade them both plus a 1st for a selected early first? I dont think thats smart.
I realize he is only a prospect, but he was the 1st overall pick and the obvious choice at that. Edmonton fans probably wouldn't want Jeff Schultz plus a 5th round pick for him so i had to throw in some people that are worth value. I don't think the loss of these players hurts the lineup too bad, and if i'm not mistaken kuznetsov can play center or right wing. If he could play center, there is no doubt that he would be a great #2 center. Just think about it...

Ovi-Kuz-Yak

Russian Trio...

capitalsrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 12:52 PM
vokiel
Registered Settler

So a guy who's not coming back to the NHL as per his declarations + a guy who is basically deemed overpaid by a majority of fans for the best dman in the league according to many and one of the best checking line centre in the league.

Thoughts =

Thanks I needed some cheering up today, that gets me closer..

vokiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 01:27 PM
Mystlyfe
We're Touched

Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
So a guy who's not coming back to the NHL as per his declarations + a guy who is basically deemed overpaid by a majority of fans for the best dman in the league according to many and one of the best checking line centre in the league.

Thoughts =

Thanks I needed some cheering up today, that gets me closer..
Wait, you think this is biased ...against Nashville?

Mystlyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 02:02 PM
Brave Sir Robin

Quote:

Edm:

Nail Yakupov

Wsh:

Marcus Johansson
Dmitry Orlov
1st

This trade makes no sense for Wash. How is getting a player who plays the same position going to help us convince Kuz to come over? Kuznetsov is not a center. He might have played center in juniors, but he's been a RW all his professional career. His style is way more suited for the wing. You also seem to forget that we have Forsberg who is yet another RW. You'll end up with Kuz, Yakupov and Forsberg competing for 2 top 6 RW spots, while there is nobody to play 2C and no one to replace Orlov.

Brave Sir Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 09:04 AM
roboninja
EYG

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenbuis View Post
let meget this straight hellno from washington? Ovechkin was the guy who averaged 3minutes of playoff icetime under hunter and green who is one dimensional for a beast who is as mean as hell to play against ie: zetterberg headslam maybe ovie regains some touch but i know that in the playoffs when the whistle gets put away ill take the beast anyday
This reads like it was written by a delusional badger. 3 minutes of playoff ice time? Where do you go to make up your stats?

roboninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 10:51 AM
txpd

Quote:
I realize he is only a prospect, but he was the 1st overall pick and the obvious choice at that. Edmonton fans probably wouldn't want Jeff Schultz plus a 5th round pick for him so i had to throw in some people that are worth value. I don't think the loss of these players hurts the lineup too bad, and if i'm not mistaken kuznetsov can play center or right wing. If he could play center, there is no doubt that he would be a great #2 center. Just think about it...

Ovi-Kuz-Yak

Russian Trio...
prospects are king on hf. realistically, while kuznetsov can play center, he would not be remotely ready for 1st line center defensive coverage on a cup challenging team as a nhl rookie. yak would only make it worse as a rookie.

if you are expecting the capitals to attempt to compete for a champioship they would realistically only be able to use one of kuz and yak. johansson in nhl career season 3 and 4 is more suited for playoff contribution than yak in season 1 and 2.

Old
11-15-2012, 11:02 AM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Because folks keep noticing that 30 goals is seemingly unattainable for any Nashville player, and ignore the fact that they have more 15-goal scorers than most teams have 10-goal scorers because "what difference does five goals make, anyways?"
unless its the five goals between 25-30

Grind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 11:31 AM
Harry Waters

Who would score for Washington? Unless Gaustad suddenly puts up around 35 goals, I don't think Washington should do that. Weber is nice and all, but without Semin, somebody has to put the puck in the net.

Harry Waters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 02:39 PM
UpGoesRupp

LOL I thought everyone was really attached to Mike Green. My eyes failed to See "Ovie" at the start. Nashville says Yes. Washington laughs. Who does Ovie even get to play with in Nashville? Wilson, Fisher?

UpGoesRupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 03:12 PM
Zoidberg Jesus
Trotzkyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Waters View Post
Who would score for Washington? Unless Gaustad suddenly puts up around 35 goals, I don't think Washington should do that. Weber is nice and all, but without Semin, somebody has to put the puck in the net.
We would have a total of one 30 goal season between the careers of all of our players. That's kind of hilarious.

Zoidberg Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 10:19 AM
Halpysback

Would do the Yakupov trade in a heartbeat but the oilers probably wouldn't.

It's a gamble. The proposed Stamkos to NYR deal that fell through in Stamkos' rookie season would have been a "gamble" as well. Stockpile starpower first and be smart about addressing depth later.

Old
11-16-2012, 11:08 AM
Carlzner
Who's Zed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halpysback View Post
Would do the Yakupov trade in a heartbeat but the oilers probably wouldn't.

It's a gamble. The proposed Stamkos to NYR deal that fell through in Stamkos' rookie season would have been a "gamble" as well. Stockpile starpower first and be smart about addressing depth later.
We've passed the stockpile starpower phase and are now on the addressing depth stage..

Carlzner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 12:03 PM
ovechkin818

yes weber is good but ovechkin is great and also the addition of green makes it just as worse,therefore washington says NO!

ovechkin818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 12:09 PM
PredaDORES
**** you Dale Tallon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovechkin818 View Post
yes weber is good but ovechkin is great and also the addition of green makes it just as worse,therefore washington says NO!
Weber is just good? OK.

PredaDORES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 01:54 PM
Halpysback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braden Carlzner View Post
We've passed the stockpile starpower phase and are now on the addressing depth stage..
Yeah, two forwards and a defenseman who's been either injured or abysmal for the last 2 years. Watch out NHL!

This trade makes Washington a lot better long term and any potential short term defects aren't something that cannot be addressed with smart pro scouting. At worst we could claim off waivers Cogliano to take over Johansson's fainting goat playoff act.

You'd pass up on a chance to add a potential Stamkos caliber player for Johansson and Orlov? Really?