HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hamilton Bulldogs [10-15-3] & Wheeling Nailers 2012-2013 2.0

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-10-2012, 09:41 PM
  #301
TMLeafer
Moderator
Komarov the Gaul
 
TMLeafer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Hockey Mecca, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,670
vCash: 500
That looked really bad. I'm surprised he got up and skated away. Wishing him a quick and complete recovery.

TMLeafer is offline  
Old
11-10-2012, 10:20 PM
  #302
Habbadasher
Registered User
 
Habbadasher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: My couch
Country: Germany
Posts: 1,680
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by franchise player View Post
no...
Based on????

I was told this by an injury lawyer, and a neuro-psychologist.

Habbadasher is offline  
Old
11-11-2012, 02:15 AM
  #303
ChoseLa
Registered User
 
ChoseLa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Country: Martinique
Posts: 4,475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7even View Post
My french is lousy, but I'm taking that to mean there was no internal bleeding inside his skull?
An hematoma wich is bleeding under his skull but it's under control as i understand.

ChoseLa is offline  
Old
11-11-2012, 12:24 PM
  #304
zzoo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Country: Vietnam
Posts: 2,265
vCash: 500
After watching Bulldogs last game, two days later I'm still devastated and demoralized. That wasn't a simple loss, they were completely got dominated, it was worse than Bute vs Froch fight. And I understand that Dogs players have given their best when they played at Centre Bell.

I understand that's just a game, and I may sound too pessimistic.....but after following and noticing how good our prospects were good in Jr, now the reality just hits me...and hits hard.

Well, when NHL resumes, I hope that Habs won't have any player injured, because there's no one in Bulldogs that can help them, like the previous years that we can count on Desharnais, Pax, PK, Grabovski or Sergei to give us a hand.

zzoo is offline  
Old
11-11-2012, 12:45 PM
  #305
Roulin
Registered User
 
Roulin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,242
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
After watching Bulldogs last game, two days later I'm still devastated and demoralized. That wasn't a simple loss, they were completely got dominated, it was worse than Bute vs Froch fight. And I understand that Dogs players have given their best when they played at Centre Bell.

I understand that's just a game, and I may sound too pessimistic.....but after following and noticing how good our prospects were good in Jr, now the reality just hits me...and hits hard.

Well, when NHL resumes, I hope that Habs won't have any player injured, because there's no one in Bulldogs that can help them, like the previous years that we can count on Desharnais, Pax, PK, Grabovski or Sergei to give us a hand.
At least we'll have more information to work with if there's a season. I was hoping Palushaj might be able to step up, but he's been disappointing. Now that the organization knows what we have/lack, maybe we'll be more likely to add a Moore or Sykora.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talks to Goalposts View Post
That's a good idea, I've been keeping track of line usage in my head while watching but its better to do it with recorded events (memory isn't reliable).

I think the top 3 lines have generally equally trusted on defense but the blueline gets specialized usage. Tinordi-Pateryn/Ellis is used as the primary defensive unit while St. Denis gets the most minutes in general as the team's clear number 1.

You'd also want to keep track of total ES scoring events to get a better idea how it relates to ice time. Non EN scoring events are as follows:

FSD: 22, 2.2 per game
Beaulieu: 15, 1.5 per game
Tinordi: 15, 1.5 per game
Pateryn: 11, 1.57 per game
Corbin: 9, 1.125
Ellis: 7, 1 per game
Nash: 5, .625 per game


Its a flawed measurement, but it jives with the eye test on who is playing the most minutes. FSD clearly playing the most while Tinordi, Pateryn and Beaulieu have been in the top 4 when healthy.
Yeah, that's a good idea. Maybe some kind of ratio of events vs stars/total events could be worked up too, using both sets of numbers. It's tough working within the limits of published AHL stats, but fun.

Roulin is offline  
Old
11-11-2012, 01:43 PM
  #306
ChemiseBleuHonnete
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 9,407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habbadasher View Post
Based on????

I was told this by an injury lawyer, and a neuro-psychologist.
I'm a 4th year medical student and I've seen a couple of them with no brain damage at all. And there's nothing telling us that a skull fracture with no brain tissue damage leads to any impairment.


Last edited by ChemiseBleuHonnete: 11-11-2012 at 06:26 PM.
ChemiseBleuHonnete is offline  
Old
11-11-2012, 04:51 PM
  #307
Habnot
 
Habnot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,609
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
After watching Bulldogs last game, two days later I'm still devastated and demoralized. That wasn't a simple loss, they were completely got dominated, it was worse than Bute vs Froch fight. And I understand that Dogs players have given their best when they played at Centre Bell.

I understand that's just a game, and I may sound too pessimistic.....but after following and noticing how good our prospects were good in Jr, now the reality just hits me...and hits hard.

Well, when NHL resumes, I hope that Habs won't have any player injured, because there's no one in Bulldogs that can help them, like the previous years that we can count on Desharnais, Pax, PK, Grabovski or Sergei to give us a hand.
Wow - talk about over reacting....

Did anyone really expect any of the 9 rookies to help the Habs this year? Development is a process, they are learning and played against a better, stronger team that won the Calder last year.

You should be reassured that they rookies doing really well. The problem with the Bulldogs is that the older players are not good enough - not the rookies.

Habnot is offline  
Old
11-12-2012, 12:43 PM
  #308
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 31,442
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
After watching Bulldogs last game, two days later I'm still devastated and demoralized. That wasn't a simple loss, they were completely got dominated, it was worse than Bute vs Froch fight. And I understand that Dogs players have given their best when they played at Centre Bell.

I understand that's just a game, and I may sound too pessimistic.....but after following and noticing how good our prospects were good in Jr, now the reality just hits me...and hits hard.

Well, when NHL resumes, I hope that Habs won't have any player injured, because there's no one in Bulldogs that can help them, like the previous years that we can count on Desharnais, Pax, PK, Grabovski or Sergei to give us a hand.
Not sure where you get that, guys like Palushaj Blunden St.Denis Geoffrion Boyce LeBlanc Desjardins can step in on the NHL team in case of injuries.

Gallagher Beaulieu Ellis Holland Quailer Bournival Tinordi will need at least a year of AHL seasoning before being NHL ready.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
11-12-2012, 01:27 PM
  #309
Seb
Unregistered User
 
Seb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: England
Posts: 7,422
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Seb
From MAG : It's the gash caused by JP Côté skate that caused a blunt trauma to Blake Geoffrion brain. Not his head banging the glass or the ice.

Not surprised. It's what it looked like to me live.

Seb is offline  
Old
11-12-2012, 01:32 PM
  #310
NewHabsEra*
 
NewHabsEra*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 10,695
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Not sure where you get that, guys like Palushaj Blunden St.Denis Geoffrion Boyce LeBlanc Desjardins can step in on the NHL team in case of injuries.

.
Did you watch any Bulldogs game this year? Palushaj has been struggling big time, there is no way he can jump with the Habs and be a decent contributor.. Geoffrion is probably out for a while but even before his injury, this kid hasnt what it takes to play in the NHL, too slow and not skilled enough, would be a liability.. Leblanc has been injured again and it remains to be seen what he can do, what is for sure, he was playing on the third Dogs line before his injury and even if he scored 2 goals, I wasnt impressed with his game.. Blunden and Boyce are decent fourth liners only.. At the moment our depth up front is scary, 1 bad injury and we are in big trouble since we already miss a top 6 winger on our top 2 lines.. Hopefully Leblanc comes back soon and improve quickly enough so we have a real option in case of injury..

NewHabsEra* is offline  
Old
11-12-2012, 09:26 PM
  #311
Habbadasher
Registered User
 
Habbadasher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: My couch
Country: Germany
Posts: 1,680
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by franchise player View Post
I'm a 4th year medical student and I've seen a couple of them with no brain damage at all. And there's nothing telling us that a skull fracture with no brain tissue damage leads to any impairment.
I truly appreciate your answer, however, until you do the neuro-psych exam, you never really know. Not all brain damage is obvious. I know someone who has had three MRI's that confirmed brain damage, yet this same child (in Grade 7), got two A's on his last report card, and is the fastest at math in his class.

Incidentally, according to Blake's father, there was tissue damage.
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=645482

Habbadasher is offline  
Old
11-12-2012, 09:46 PM
  #312
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 49,070
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
Did you watch any Bulldogs game this year? Palushaj has been struggling big time, there is no way he can jump with the Habs and be a decent contributor.. Geoffrion is probably out for a while but even before his injury, this kid hasnt what it takes to play in the NHL, too slow and not skilled enough, would be a liability.. Leblanc has been injured again and it remains to be seen what he can do, what is for sure, he was playing on the third Dogs line before his injury and even if he scored 2 goals, I wasnt impressed with his game.. Blunden and Boyce are decent fourth liners only.. At the moment our depth up front is scary, 1 bad injury and we are in big trouble since we already miss a top 6 winger on our top 2 lines.. Hopefully Leblanc comes back soon and improve quickly enough so we have a real option in case of injury..
Let just say that the top 6 forwards spot will need to be replaced within the big team, coming from the 3rd or the 4th line. With a guy like Dumont, Blunden or Leblanc getting the bottom 6 duty. The only solution top 6 down there would be Gallagher. And even this, I'd think they'd prefer keeping him there and graduate from within the team.

Whitesnake is offline  
Old
11-12-2012, 09:57 PM
  #313
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL
 
Rise from the Ashes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Dollard-Des-Ormeaux
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,970
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Poor guy. I really hope he recovers 100% and that he is able to fulfill his dream when or if he returns again. Great guy.

Rise from the Ashes is offline  
Old
11-12-2012, 09:59 PM
  #314
katatoniak
Registered User
 
katatoniak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Jonquiere, Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,241
vCash: 500
How long before Lebland and desjardins can play ?

katatoniak is offline  
Old
11-12-2012, 10:26 PM
  #315
canadiensnation
Go Habs Go
 
canadiensnation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: GTA
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,350
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by katatoniak View Post
How long before Lebland and desjardins can play ?
We got Pierre-Luc Leblond??????



hahhaah... Leblanc is supposed to be skating or practicing and Desjardins is close to probably another week or two for Leblanc, but Desjardins could be back sooner...

canadiensnation is offline  
Old
11-13-2012, 11:16 AM
  #316
montreal
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Sark
Posts: 23,699
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by katatoniak View Post
How long before Lebland and desjardins can play ?
Desjardins is listed as day to day, they didn't say when he would return but it shouldn't be too long. Would be great if he played tomorrow but who knows.

Leblanc I heard he's back on the ice but they said he'll be out 2-3 weeks still.

montreal is offline  
Old
11-13-2012, 11:50 AM
  #317
domdo345
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,121
vCash: 500
Desjardins won't really make a difference anyway since Mayer is playing incredibly well since the start of the season. What will make a difference is adding a former 1st round pick forward on a top 6 that lacks speed and creativity.

domdo345 is offline  
Old
11-13-2012, 12:30 PM
  #318
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 18,027
vCash: 500
Pacioretty visited Geoffrion twice in the hospital this weekend.

Et le But is offline  
Old
11-13-2012, 02:32 PM
  #319
montreal
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Sark
Posts: 23,699
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by domdo345 View Post
Desjardins won't really make a difference anyway since Mayer is playing incredibly well since the start of the season. What will make a difference is adding a former 1st round pick forward on a top 6 that lacks speed and creativity.
Desjardins should make a difference since he should be one of the top goalies in the league. Mayer has given up 3 or more goals in half of his starts, and he's been known for his inconsistent play. Adding help to the top 6 would be big since the Dogs offense and PP is struggling.

montreal is offline  
Old
11-13-2012, 03:22 PM
  #320
S Bah
Registered User
 
S Bah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: victoria bc
Country: Wales
Posts: 5,530
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Desjardins should make a difference since he should be one of the top goalies in the league. Mayer has given up 3 or more goals in half of his starts, and he's been known for his inconsistent play. Adding help to the top 6 would be big since the Dogs offense and PP is struggling.
Are we talking the same Mayer that has seriously whiffed on shots my Grandma(God rest her soul) would have stopped.Desjardins is a far better alternative to Mayer.

S Bah is offline  
Old
11-13-2012, 03:38 PM
  #321
overlords
Hfboards
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
Are we talking the same Mayer that has seriously whiffed on shots my Grandma(God rest her soul) would have stopped.Desjardins is a far better alternative to Mayer.
You haven't seen many bulldogs games this year, have you?

overlords is offline  
Old
11-13-2012, 03:48 PM
  #322
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 18,027
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
Are we talking the same Mayer that has seriously whiffed on shots my Grandma(God rest her soul) would have stopped.Desjardins is a far better alternative to Mayer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Desjardins should make a difference since he should be one of the top goalies in the league. Mayer has given up 3 or more goals in half of his starts, and he's been known for his inconsistent play. Adding help to the top 6 would be big since the Dogs offense and PP is struggling.
Going into the season we all thought this, but Mayer has been in beast mode. Even if it is a fluke Desjardins isn't going to give us much more than the Mayer we've seen this year.

Mayer has hardly been letting in soft goals, it's just that the Dogs aren't very good.

Et le But is offline  
Old
11-13-2012, 04:02 PM
  #323
domdo345
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,121
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Going into the season we all thought this, but Mayer has been in beast mode. Even if it is a fluke Desjardins isn't going to give us much more than the Mayer we've seen this year.

Mayer has hardly been letting in soft goals, it's just that the Dogs aren't very good.
that's exactly what I mean. I am not saying Mayer is better than Desjardins, I am saying that given the way the team has played, and the way Mayer has played, Desjardins won't make a difference. Anyway this is a developmental system. Winning 1-0 or 2-1 because Desjardins is playing god mode won't change the fact that the team in front of him is playing poorly, particularly on offense. I couldn't care less how Desjardins will fare in Hamilton, we already have Price and a back up goalie is easily obtainable in the NHL. What I do want, is the offense to spend a little more time in the offensive zone to give a rest on our back-end rookies. Beaulieu only has 1 assist, but given how the PP is doing, and how much time is spent in the Ozone, we can hardly blame him. (His shot needs to be more accurate)

domdo345 is offline  
Old
11-13-2012, 04:13 PM
  #324
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 18,027
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by domdo345 View Post
that's exactly what I mean. I am not saying Mayer is better than Desjardins, I am saying that given the way the team has played, and the way Mayer has played, Desjardins won't make a difference. Anyway this is a developmental system. Winning 1-0 or 2-1 because Desjardins is playing god mode won't change the fact that the team in front of him is playing poorly, particularly on offense. I couldn't care less how Desjardins will fare in Hamilton, we already have Price and a back up goalie is easily obtainable in the NHL. What I do want, is the offense to spend a little more time in the offensive zone to give a rest on our back-end rookies. Beaulieu only has 1 assist, but given how the PP is doing, and how much time is spent in the Ozone, we can hardly blame him. (His shot needs to be more accurate)
I agree with this. I don't see Desjardins making much of a difference - he's less likely to melt down than Mayer potentially could, but S Bah and montreal were being unfair on Mayer, who was probably playing the best stretch of hockey in his life regardless of the stats. Desjardins is likely a bit better but he's a borderline NHL backup, not the messiah, and it's hardly the issue anyway.

Et le But is offline  
Old
11-13-2012, 05:02 PM
  #325
bcv
My french sucks.
 
bcv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,972
vCash: 500
I read that Geoffrion would be out 10-12 months, anyone else can confirm this?

bcv is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:21 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.