HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hamilton Bulldogs [10-15-3] & Wheeling Nailers 2012-2013 2.0

Closed Thread

Old
11-10-2012, 09:41 PM
TMLeafer
Komarov the Gaul

vCash: 500
That looked really bad. I'm surprised he got up and skated away. Wishing him a quick and complete recovery.

Old
11-10-2012, 10:20 PM
Habbadasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchise player View Post
no...
Based on????

I was told this by an injury lawyer, and a neuro-psychologist.

Old
11-11-2012, 02:15 AM
ChoseLa

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7even View Post
My french is lousy, but I'm taking that to mean there was no internal bleeding inside his skull?
An hematoma wich is bleeding under his skull but it's under control as i understand.

Old
11-11-2012, 12:24 PM
zzoo

After watching Bulldogs last game, two days later I'm still devastated and demoralized. That wasn't a simple loss, they were completely got dominated, it was worse than Bute vs Froch fight. And I understand that Dogs players have given their best when they played at Centre Bell.

I understand that's just a game, and I may sound too pessimistic.....but after following and noticing how good our prospects were good in Jr, now the reality just hits me...and hits hard.

Well, when NHL resumes, I hope that Habs won't have any player injured, because there's no one in Bulldogs that can help them, like the previous years that we can count on Desharnais, Pax, PK, Grabovski or Sergei to give us a hand.

Old
11-11-2012, 12:45 PM
Roulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
After watching Bulldogs last game, two days later I'm still devastated and demoralized. That wasn't a simple loss, they were completely got dominated, it was worse than Bute vs Froch fight. And I understand that Dogs players have given their best when they played at Centre Bell.

I understand that's just a game, and I may sound too pessimistic.....but after following and noticing how good our prospects were good in Jr, now the reality just hits me...and hits hard.

Well, when NHL resumes, I hope that Habs won't have any player injured, because there's no one in Bulldogs that can help them, like the previous years that we can count on Desharnais, Pax, PK, Grabovski or Sergei to give us a hand.
At least we'll have more information to work with if there's a season. I was hoping Palushaj might be able to step up, but he's been disappointing. Now that the organization knows what we have/lack, maybe we'll be more likely to add a Moore or Sykora.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talks to Goalposts View Post
That's a good idea, I've been keeping track of line usage in my head while watching but its better to do it with recorded events (memory isn't reliable).

I think the top 3 lines have generally equally trusted on defense but the blueline gets specialized usage. Tinordi-Pateryn/Ellis is used as the primary defensive unit while St. Denis gets the most minutes in general as the team's clear number 1.

You'd also want to keep track of total ES scoring events to get a better idea how it relates to ice time. Non EN scoring events are as follows:

FSD: 22, 2.2 per game
Beaulieu: 15, 1.5 per game
Tinordi: 15, 1.5 per game
Pateryn: 11, 1.57 per game
Corbin: 9, 1.125
Ellis: 7, 1 per game
Nash: 5, .625 per game

Its a flawed measurement, but it jives with the eye test on who is playing the most minutes. FSD clearly playing the most while Tinordi, Pateryn and Beaulieu have been in the top 4 when healthy.
Yeah, that's a good idea. Maybe some kind of ratio of events vs stars/total events could be worked up too, using both sets of numbers. It's tough working within the limits of published AHL stats, but fun.

Old
11-11-2012, 01:43 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habbadasher View Post
Based on????

I was told this by an injury lawyer, and a neuro-psychologist.
I'm a 4th year medical student and I've seen a couple of them with no brain damage at all. And there's nothing telling us that a skull fracture with no brain tissue damage leads to any impairment.

Last edited by ChemiseBleuHonnete: 11-11-2012 at 06:26 PM.
Old
11-11-2012, 04:51 PM
Habnot

Quote:

Wow - talk about over reacting....

Did anyone really expect any of the 9 rookies to help the Habs this year? Development is a process, they are learning and played against a better, stronger team that won the Calder last year.

You should be reassured that they rookies doing really well. The problem with the Bulldogs is that the older players are not good enough - not the rookies.

Old
11-12-2012, 12:43 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:

Not sure where you get that, guys like Palushaj Blunden St.Denis Geoffrion Boyce LeBlanc Desjardins can step in on the NHL team in case of injuries.

Gallagher Beaulieu Ellis Holland Quailer Bournival Tinordi will need at least a year of AHL seasoning before being NHL ready.

Old
11-12-2012, 01:27 PM
Seb
Unregistered User

Send a message via MSN to Seb
From MAG : It's the gash caused by JP Côté skate that caused a blunt trauma to Blake Geoffrion brain. Not his head banging the glass or the ice.

Not surprised. It's what it looked like to me live.

Old
11-12-2012, 01:32 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Not sure where you get that, guys like Palushaj Blunden St.Denis Geoffrion Boyce LeBlanc Desjardins can step in on the NHL team in case of injuries.

Did you watch any Bulldogs game this year? Palushaj has been struggling big time, there is no way he can jump with the Habs and be a decent contributor.. Geoffrion is probably out for a while but even before his injury, this kid hasnt what it takes to play in the NHL, too slow and not skilled enough, would be a liability.. Leblanc has been injured again and it remains to be seen what he can do, what is for sure, he was playing on the third Dogs line before his injury and even if he scored 2 goals, I wasnt impressed with his game.. Blunden and Boyce are decent fourth liners only.. At the moment our depth up front is scary, 1 bad injury and we are in big trouble since we already miss a top 6 winger on our top 2 lines.. Hopefully Leblanc comes back soon and improve quickly enough so we have a real option in case of injury..

Old
11-12-2012, 09:26 PM
Habbadasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchise player View Post
I'm a 4th year medical student and I've seen a couple of them with no brain damage at all. And there's nothing telling us that a skull fracture with no brain tissue damage leads to any impairment.
I truly appreciate your answer, however, until you do the neuro-psych exam, you never really know. Not all brain damage is obvious. I know someone who has had three MRI's that confirmed brain damage, yet this same child (in Grade 7), got two A's on his last report card, and is the fastest at math in his class.

Incidentally, according to Blake's father, there was tissue damage.
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=645482

Old
11-12-2012, 09:46 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
Did you watch any Bulldogs game this year? Palushaj has been struggling big time, there is no way he can jump with the Habs and be a decent contributor.. Geoffrion is probably out for a while but even before his injury, this kid hasnt what it takes to play in the NHL, too slow and not skilled enough, would be a liability.. Leblanc has been injured again and it remains to be seen what he can do, what is for sure, he was playing on the third Dogs line before his injury and even if he scored 2 goals, I wasnt impressed with his game.. Blunden and Boyce are decent fourth liners only.. At the moment our depth up front is scary, 1 bad injury and we are in big trouble since we already miss a top 6 winger on our top 2 lines.. Hopefully Leblanc comes back soon and improve quickly enough so we have a real option in case of injury..
Let just say that the top 6 forwards spot will need to be replaced within the big team, coming from the 3rd or the 4th line. With a guy like Dumont, Blunden or Leblanc getting the bottom 6 duty. The only solution top 6 down there would be Gallagher. And even this, I'd think they'd prefer keeping him there and graduate from within the team.

Old
11-12-2012, 09:57 PM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Poor guy. I really hope he recovers 100% and that he is able to fulfill his dream when or if he returns again. Great guy.

Old
11-12-2012, 09:59 PM
katatoniak

How long before Lebland and desjardins can play ?

Old
11-12-2012, 10:26 PM
canadiensnation
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by katatoniak View Post
We got Pierre-Luc Leblond??????

hahhaah... Leblanc is supposed to be skating or practicing and Desjardins is close to probably another week or two for Leblanc, but Desjardins could be back sooner...

Old
11-13-2012, 11:16 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by katatoniak View Post
Desjardins is listed as day to day, they didn't say when he would return but it shouldn't be too long. Would be great if he played tomorrow but who knows.

Leblanc I heard he's back on the ice but they said he'll be out 2-3 weeks still.

Old
11-13-2012, 11:50 AM
domdo345

Desjardins won't really make a difference anyway since Mayer is playing incredibly well since the start of the season. What will make a difference is adding a former 1st round pick forward on a top 6 that lacks speed and creativity.

Old
11-13-2012, 12:30 PM
Et le But

Pacioretty visited Geoffrion twice in the hospital this weekend.

Old
11-13-2012, 02:32 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by domdo345 View Post
Desjardins won't really make a difference anyway since Mayer is playing incredibly well since the start of the season. What will make a difference is adding a former 1st round pick forward on a top 6 that lacks speed and creativity.
Desjardins should make a difference since he should be one of the top goalies in the league. Mayer has given up 3 or more goals in half of his starts, and he's been known for his inconsistent play. Adding help to the top 6 would be big since the Dogs offense and PP is struggling.

Old
11-13-2012, 03:22 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Desjardins should make a difference since he should be one of the top goalies in the league. Mayer has given up 3 or more goals in half of his starts, and he's been known for his inconsistent play. Adding help to the top 6 would be big since the Dogs offense and PP is struggling.
Are we talking the same Mayer that has seriously whiffed on shots my Grandma(God rest her soul) would have stopped.Desjardins is a far better alternative to Mayer.

Old
11-13-2012, 03:38 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
Are we talking the same Mayer that has seriously whiffed on shots my Grandma(God rest her soul) would have stopped.Desjardins is a far better alternative to Mayer.
You haven't seen many bulldogs games this year, have you?

Old
11-13-2012, 03:48 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Going into the season we all thought this, but Mayer has been in beast mode. Even if it is a fluke Desjardins isn't going to give us much more than the Mayer we've seen this year.

Mayer has hardly been letting in soft goals, it's just that the Dogs aren't very good.

Old
11-13-2012, 04:02 PM
domdo345

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Going into the season we all thought this, but Mayer has been in beast mode. Even if it is a fluke Desjardins isn't going to give us much more than the Mayer we've seen this year.

Mayer has hardly been letting in soft goals, it's just that the Dogs aren't very good.
that's exactly what I mean. I am not saying Mayer is better than Desjardins, I am saying that given the way the team has played, and the way Mayer has played, Desjardins won't make a difference. Anyway this is a developmental system. Winning 1-0 or 2-1 because Desjardins is playing god mode won't change the fact that the team in front of him is playing poorly, particularly on offense. I couldn't care less how Desjardins will fare in Hamilton, we already have Price and a back up goalie is easily obtainable in the NHL. What I do want, is the offense to spend a little more time in the offensive zone to give a rest on our back-end rookies. Beaulieu only has 1 assist, but given how the PP is doing, and how much time is spent in the Ozone, we can hardly blame him. (His shot needs to be more accurate)

Old
11-13-2012, 04:13 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by domdo345 View Post
that's exactly what I mean. I am not saying Mayer is better than Desjardins, I am saying that given the way the team has played, and the way Mayer has played, Desjardins won't make a difference. Anyway this is a developmental system. Winning 1-0 or 2-1 because Desjardins is playing god mode won't change the fact that the team in front of him is playing poorly, particularly on offense. I couldn't care less how Desjardins will fare in Hamilton, we already have Price and a back up goalie is easily obtainable in the NHL. What I do want, is the offense to spend a little more time in the offensive zone to give a rest on our back-end rookies. Beaulieu only has 1 assist, but given how the PP is doing, and how much time is spent in the Ozone, we can hardly blame him. (His shot needs to be more accurate)
I agree with this. I don't see Desjardins making much of a difference - he's less likely to melt down than Mayer potentially could, but S Bah and montreal were being unfair on Mayer, who was probably playing the best stretch of hockey in his life regardless of the stats. Desjardins is likely a bit better but he's a borderline NHL backup, not the messiah, and it's hardly the issue anyway.

Old
11-13-2012, 05:02 PM
bcv
My french sucks.

I read that Geoffrion would be out 10-12 months, anyone else can confirm this?

Closed Thread