Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* Brampton Battalion 2012-13 Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
10-21-2012, 08:54 PM
HamiltonOHL
BulldogsFan00

vCash: 500
Brampton continues to not show up in attendance numbers, I wonder how much the owners go until they decide to pull the plug for next season

Old
11-05-2012, 06:01 PM
Spitsfan191

Loosepucks.com ‏@loosepucks

Agreement in principle to move Brampton Battalion to North Bay next season has been agreed to. Some hurdles to still overcome. #OHL

Old
11-05-2012, 06:11 PM
Ward Cornell

Official......
http://www.battalionhockey.com/artic...ear-relocation

Old
11-05-2012, 10:00 PM
Steel Toe

Sad to see them go, but North bay is better hockey market . Brampton lost there Jr.A team this past year the Brampton Capitals and now they lose there OHL team the Battalions next year.

Old
11-06-2012, 08:41 AM
superspitfan99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Toe View Post
Sad to see them go, but North bay is better hockey market . Brampton lost there Jr.A team this past year the Brampton Capitals and now they lose there OHL team the Battalions next year.
Well, maybe the 1500 Battalion fans can join the 1500 Steelheads fans and warm the seats of the Hershey Center instead of the Bunker!

Old
11-06-2012, 08:55 AM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelheads101 View Post
Well, maybe the 1500 Battalion fans can join the 1500 Steelheads fans and warm the seats of the Hershey Center instead of the Bunker!
If the Battalion fans I know are any indication, I'd say a snowball fight in hell would happen first.

I can't imagine how Brampton fans are feeling today. If all Brampton fans were as dedicated as the ones I know, this topic wouldn't have ever been raised.

Old
11-06-2012, 11:24 AM
battfan888

I knew this was coming but finally seeing it in black and white was like a punch to the gut last night. I've loved this team so much and I've met so many great people in my travels I can't imagine life without this team.

CharlieGirl is one of the people I know personally and she is the tip of the iceberg on how many great people I've had the pleasure to met.

As for my OHL future..... sorry I am not becoming a Steelheads fan.

The two options I have been debating have been either keep following the Battalion in North Bay and go to the games when they come to Barrie, Mississauga and anywhere close etc, and maybe 1 or 2 roadys to North Bay during the season.

My other option is going to Guelph, no offense to Kitchener fans but Guelph is a tad closer, much easier to get tickets and with so many trades between Guelph and Brampton the past few years I've had a soft spot for the Storm and have kinda considered them my #2 for a few years now.

But for at least 5 more months I still have my Brampton Battalion and I'm going to enjoy the hell out of this season as much as I can and do as many roadys as I can.

Old
11-06-2012, 11:28 AM
Ward Cornell

Quote:
Originally Posted by battfan888 View Post
As for my OHL future..... sorry I am not becoming a Steelheads fan.

The two options I have been debating have been either keep following the Battalion in North Bay and go to the games when they come to Barrie, Mississauga and anywhere close etc, and maybe 1 or 2 roadys to North Bay during the season.

My other option is going to Guelph, no offense to Kitchener fans but Guelph is a tad closer, much easier to get tickets and with so many trades between Guelph and Brampton the past few years I've had a soft spot for the Storm and have kinda considered them my #2 for a few years now.

But for at least 5 more months I still have my Brampton Battalion and I'm going to enjoy the hell out of this season as much as I can and do as many roadys as I can.
I feel bad for the die-hards Battalion fans and i think you're wise to pick another team other the Steelheads.
Not to pile on at this time but the CHL may lose all Battalion to Steelhead fans if/when that franchise gets relocated.

Old
11-06-2012, 07:36 PM
Blayzer
Schenn ** JVR

This breaks my heart :`(

Old
11-10-2012, 12:30 PM
Marky9er

Quote:
Good choice! Sorry about the Battalion.....but I've been a Guelph fan since the early 90's, and even though I've become a Bramptonite....nothing about the Battalion ever came close to swaying me.

That is the underlying failure of the Battalion, and the powerade center itself. There were a lot of hockey fans to be won over from Orangeville, Caledon, etc. The Sleeman center and powerade center are of equal distance from Orangeville. They should have built an arena somewhere north of Bovaird, not south of Steeles.....with one lane in and one lane out. It's not convenient even for people who live in Brampton....let alone the hockey fans who are willing to travel.

GO STORM!

Old
11-11-2012, 03:14 PM
MonsterSurge

Good game today. Has Goodrow been drafted?

Old
11-12-2012, 11:04 AM
battfan888

Goodrow is undrafted.

It would be great if Brampton could go out and get a good centre for him to play with, maybe if Ottawa starts selling they could make a pitch for Monahan.

Old
11-13-2012, 03:05 PM
Sting Fan 101

We are so sorry to see the Battalion leave Brampton. We had Season Tickets for seven years for the Battalion while I worked in Brampton. When I retired my wife & I moved to the Sarnia area and bought Sting Season Tickets. Every so often we would take a road trip to Brampton to see some games. Our last trip their was this year to see the Sting play the Battalion. Over the seven years we had Battalion tickets we never saw a full house at the Bunker ( that how we knew it). To all the loyal fans of the Battalion, we are so sorry for you. You were there through the Good & the Bad and always will be Brampton Battalion Fans as we will always remember the players and all our good Battalion friends. No more road trips to Brampton, maybe one to North Bay in the future.
When the Brampton Battalion come to Sarnia in December, I will wear my Brampton Battalion jersey with the player name on the back "AQUINO". One of the Good ones. All the best to the Battalion in North Bay. I am sure the Fans in North Bay will support you.

Old
11-13-2012, 11:40 PM
mapleleaf979

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting Fan 101 View Post
We are so sorry to see the Battalion leave Brampton. We had Season Tickets for seven years for the Battalion while I worked in Brampton. When I retired my wife & I moved to the Sarnia area and bought Sting Season Tickets. Every so often we would take a road trip to Brampton to see some games. Our last trip their was this year to see the Sting play the Battalion. Over the seven years we had Battalion tickets we never saw a full house at the Bunker ( that how we knew it). To all the loyal fans of the Battalion, we are so sorry for you. You were there through the Good & the Bad and always will be Brampton Battalion Fans as we will always remember the players and all our good Battalion friends. No more road trips to Brampton, maybe one to North Bay in the future.
When the Brampton Battalion come to Sarnia in December, I will wear my Brampton Battalion jersey with the player name on the back "AQUINO". One of the Good ones. All the best to the Battalion in North Bay. I am sure the Fans in North Bay will support you.
Nice Gesture and Tribute

Old
11-15-2012, 01:37 PM
Pacesetter

Rookies are doing very well!

Looks like the Battalion have themselves a little streak going on, they are playing a team defence system first and also scoring some timely goals. The rookies are doing fantastic, better than people expected............this team has a bright future in the next couple of years in regard to winning the OHL Championship.

Old
11-17-2012, 01:24 AM
battfan888

The Troops are on a role with another win tonight in Sault Ste Marie, make it 4 in a row for Brampton and 5 of their last 6 games.

Crazy thing is in all of these win's lately the Battalion have been giving up the first goal, they seem to come out a bit flat but then take control especially during the 2nd half.

Though tonight in the Soo dispite going down 2-0 after one they seemed to be the much better team in the 1st period.

Goodrow has really picked up the pace in the scoring department meanwhile Blake Clarke is on another 6 game point streak, points in 12 of his last 13 games he leads the team with 20 now.

Nice to see guys like Foglia and Paul chipping in.

Here are some highlights from tonight: http://www.battalionhockey.com/video...a066854b230619

Old
11-24-2012, 09:21 AM
superspitfan99

Quote:
The Troops are on a role with another win tonight in Sault Ste Marie, make it 4 in a row for Brampton and 5 of their last 6 games.

Crazy thing is in all of these win's lately the Battalion have been giving up the first goal, they seem to come out a bit flat but then take control especially during the 2nd half.

Though tonight in the Soo dispite going down 2-0 after one they seemed to be the much better team in the 1st period.

Goodrow has really picked up the pace in the scoring department meanwhile Blake Clarke is on another 6 game point streak, points in 12 of his last 13 games he leads the team with 20 now.

Nice to see guys like Foglia and Paul chipping in.

Here are some highlights from tonight: http://www.battalionhockey.com/video...a066854b230619
Although your guys played well tonight, was a very good game, my Missy guys ended the winning streak. All good things must come to an end!

Old
12-16-2012, 10:55 PM
OSA

Hey Battalion fans...

Owen Sound is having a pretty good year so far, however there are still holes that need to be filled. IMO the Attack could use a solid scoring winger with some size and a responsible defenseman that can run a powerplay and contribute offensively. It would also be beneficial if these players had eligibility for next year as well.

I think the Battalion might have what the Attack are looking for in Barcaly Goodrow and Dylan Blujus.

Goodrow is having a tremendous year and the stats speak for themselves. He is friends with some of the Attack players (so there's no doubt in my mind that he would fit in really well) and is a strong possibility to return next year as an OA.

Blujus, on the other hand, I admit I am not quite as familiar with. Can he be the offensive catalyst from the blueline that the Attack need? If he is is, having the extra year of junior eligibility would make him attractive to Owe nSound

Furthermore, I like the idea of trading with the Battalion because, a lot like the Attack organization, you can be confident that the players are good citizens in the community and are good teammates. It just seems to be the way things are run in Brampton. Also, you can be sure that Stan Butler has taught them the defensive side of the game well.

So hypothetically, if these 2 players were available, what would you as Battalion fans expect a fair return would be from the Attack?

Old
12-20-2012, 05:58 PM
battfan888

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSA View Post
Hey Battalion fans...

Owen Sound is having a pretty good year so far, however there are still holes that need to be filled. IMO the Attack could use a solid scoring winger with some size and a responsible defenseman that can run a powerplay and contribute offensively. It would also be beneficial if these players had eligibility for next year as well.

I think the Battalion might have what the Attack are looking for in Barcaly Goodrow and Dylan Blujus.

Goodrow is having a tremendous year and the stats speak for themselves. He is friends with some of the Attack players (so there's no doubt in my mind that he would fit in really well) and is a strong possibility to return next year as an OA.

Blujus, on the other hand, I admit I am not quite as familiar with. Can he be the offensive catalyst from the blueline that the Attack need? If he is is, having the extra year of junior eligibility would make him attractive to Owe nSound

Furthermore, I like the idea of trading with the Battalion because, a lot like the Attack organization, you can be confident that the players are good citizens in the community and are good teammates. It just seems to be the way things are run in Brampton. Also, you can be sure that Stan Butler has taught them the defensive side of the game well.

So hypothetically, if these 2 players were available, what would you as Battalion fans expect a fair return would be from the Attack?
Goodrow is having a career year, 23 goals in 36 games, he had 24 all last year, 23 the year before, I think not having Carrick around anymore and becoming captain has really made him step up his game, and with an offense as thin as ours he is relied upon heavily. Blujus is capable of being a PP QB but he hasnt been as good this year in that role. Brenden Miller has been our better offensive dman. Blujus hasnt been terrible but not as good as he has been or can be.

Personally I cant see Stan trading either this year, even if he does get a good offer.
The team is going to want to make a good first impression in North Bay, having a captain capable of scoring 40 goals is a good start to that. Not to mention Blujus is our only NHL drafted player, again something good to hold on to when making a first impression in NB.

I could maybe see Stan trading Cameron Wind seeing as he is already an OA and could be something teams are after this year. Wind being a very good shutdown defenceman with much experience in his 5th year in the O, I'm willing to bet teams will come calling for him and if he were to want to go it would make sense for the Battalion to trade him for assets next year.

Now if the Battalion werent leaving my opinion would be it would have to be a very good deal for us to give up Goodrow and Blujus. I'm talkin Lindo or Nastasiuk, Bigras, high draft picks, somewhere up that alley.

But unless something crazy happens I'm willing to bet all involved in the Battalion would like to keep Goodrow and Blujus for next year.

Old
01-08-2013, 04:48 PM
battfan888

Troops aquire OA Forward Francis Menard from the Peterborough Petes for a 3rd round pick in 2014 and a 6th round pick in 2015.

Good pick up for the Troops, nothing huge but Menard brings enough offense that he should be able to make an impact with Brampton. He had 60pts in Guelph last year, 15 goals and 33pts with the Petes thus far this season.

Old
03-18-2013, 02:02 AM
HamiltonOHL
BulldogsFan00

So with Bramp heading to North Bay think they keep the same rivals or do they get new ones, whos the top 3 rival teams with the future of North Bay

Old
03-29-2013, 11:20 PM
keonsbitterness
Don't vote for Ford!

Went to tonight's 1-0 series-ending OT loss. Chances were few for most of the game as both teams were clearly tired and preserving energy following Thursday's OT game, but the Troops were the better team from the middle of the third and into OT. Palazzese robbed Goodrow in OT, and then soon after Sudbury scored on a wild scramble.

Stan Butler's suspension sure didn't help. One or two games I could understand, but five was ridiculous. I'm getting really tired of OHL Commissioner for life David Branch.

Sad to see the team's tenure in Brampton come to an end. It was a great 15-year run, and the Hodgson-Duchene-Grachev 2008-09 team was an incredibly fun ride. Best of luck to all the players and management in the future.

Old
03-30-2013, 07:48 AM
Loosie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamiltonOHL View Post
So with Bramp heading to North Bay think they keep the same rivals or do they get new ones, whos the top 3 rival teams with the future of North Bay
I'd imagine Sudbury remains a top rival, if not becomes rival #1 (if they weren't already with the last two years of playoffs)

Old
03-30-2013, 12:54 PM
sbrug

Pardon my ignorance but is North Bay staying in the Central divison next year?

Old
04-03-2013, 07:45 AM
Greatger
HFBoards Sponsor

Division ?

I would say the easiest move would be the Niagara IceDogs over to the East Division with Oshawa/Belleville & Kingston making it a 4 team division, and leaving North Bay with Sudbury/Barrie & Mississauga in the Central Division. I know that it was a great Rivalry with the Sault years ago too so maybe with a bit of work a re-alignment could be done !

Closed Thread