HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Kirill Kabanov to NJ

Old
11-11-2012, 10:09 PM
Yashintangibles
6 Million Dollar Man

vCash: 500
Kirill Kabanov to NJ

Damn lock-out.

NYI and NJD: good trading partners. In my opinion Devils are desperate to add another young forward with a decent skill-set. To be honest, they can't afford to trade for a polished prospect, the price tag would be too high. KK playing in the NHL is still a long shot yet. Price tag should go a bit down. So to me he fits the bill in terms of trading value.

Islanders, would Kirill be available already ?
If so, what would you want in return ? Any interest with the bunch of Devils prospect defence-men in return ? Some of them are good you know, trust me

ps: Kabanov may never reach his full potential but he's fine with his "attitude". Seems like he has matured a lot.

Yashintangibles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 11:22 PM
seafoam
Fluorescent Adolescent

vCash: 50
I don't think the Isles would be interested in trading KK. We lack right handed forwards in our system and KK has a good skill set and work ethic. We'll give him every opportunity to develop and reach his potential.

seafoam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 11:31 PM
Yashintangibles
6 Million Dollar Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by seafoam View Post
I don't think the Isles would be interested in trading KK. We lack right handed forwards in our system and KK has a good skill set and work ethic. We'll give him every opportunity to develop and reach his potential.
Got it !

Though, let's imagine Wang & Lou agree on a trade for Mr K.
In terms of value, who/what would you hope from the Devils for in return ?

You know pure speculation

Old
11-11-2012, 11:53 PM
HooliganX2

vCash: 772
As a fan of neither team I just don't think there is a trade to be made here. Kirill is such a boom or bust prospect that NJ would not give up much value for him and if the NYI are not receiving top value for him there is no need to trade him at all. Kirill has the potential to be a top 6 forward in the NHL and could be really successful with someone like JT centering him.

HooliganX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 01:49 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuri the Fury View Post
Damn lock-out.

NYI and NJD: good trading partners. In my opinion Devils are desperate to add another young forward with a decent skill-set. To be honest, they can't afford to trade for a polished prospect, the price tag would be too high. KK playing in the NHL is still a long shot yet. Price tag should go a bit down. So to me he fits the bill in terms of trading value.

Islanders, would Kirill be available already ?
If so, what would you want in return ? Any interest with the bunch of Devils prospect defence-men in return ? Some of them are good you know, trust me

ps: Kabanov may never reach his full potential but he's fine with his "attitude". Seems like he has matured a lot.
Isles have had no character/maturity issues with KK, since he was late in trainiing camp and demoted early as a punishment more then 2 yrs ago. Some fans have an idea that he's a headcase or problem child. Neither of which is true.

At 20 , he fits nicely into the isles youth movement, I doubt his trade value is strong enough alone, to bring back something significant and I don't see the isles interested in sending a big, skilled forward, to a division rival. Isles have a bunch of good defensive prospects. I have to disagree that the Isles and Devils, make good trade partners.

This is the AHL rookie season for KK, Nino and Nelson. All three 20 yr old were playing well in Bridgeport, KK on a line with Nelson, before falling in a game and cutting his forearm and needing surgery. The team says they expect he'll make a full recovery. 1-2 yrs down the road, I expect the isles to package some of their youngsters in a major trade. Your proposal isn't the type of trade, I expect Snow to make involving his best youngsters.

Last edited by CREW99AW: 11-12-2012 at 01:56 AM.
CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 05:12 AM
seafoam
Fluorescent Adolescent

Quote:
Got it !

Though, let's imagine Wang & Lou agree on a trade for Mr K.
In terms of value, who/what would you hope from the Devils for in return ?

You know pure speculation
To be honest I have no clue. He has such a high ceiling and he still so young. I would say give it another year or two before we can give you a fair assesment.

With that said, one of your defenseman on your roster

Old
11-12-2012, 05:34 AM
DKQ
Generic User Title

Quote:
To be honest I have no clue. He has such a high ceiling and he still so young. I would say give it another year or two before we can give you a fair assesment.

Id give up Tallinder for KK, Isles would probably need to add something small though

DKQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 06:14 AM
Yashintangibles
6 Million Dollar Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Isles have had no character/maturity issues with KK, since he was late in trainiing camp and demoted early as a punishment more then 2 yrs ago. Some fans have an idea that he's a headcase or problem child. Neither of which is true.

At 20 , he fits nicely into the isles youth movement, I doubt his trade value is strong enough alone, to bring back something significant and I don't see the isles interested in sending a big, skilled forward, to a division rival. Isles have a bunch of good defensive prospects. I have to disagree that the Isles and Devils, make good trade partners.

This is the AHL rookie season for KK, Nino and Nelson. All three 20 yr old were playing well in Bridgeport, KK on a line with Nelson, before falling in a game and cutting his forearm and needing surgery. The team says they expect he'll make a full recovery. 1-2 yrs down the road, I expect the isles to package some of their youngsters in a major trade. Your proposal isn't the type of trade, I expect Snow to make involving his best youngsters.
I think that historically speaking they are good trading partners. I was trying to point out at the same time that Lamoriello literally refuses to deal with some teams, especially in the Atlantic. He's got no problem with the Islanders.

Old
11-12-2012, 06:29 AM
Yashintangibles
6 Million Dollar Man

Quote:

Alexander Urbom (22) is very close to NHL ready. Ceiling is 2nd pairing defence-man in my opinion. Versatile player, strong and physical in his own zone with decent skating, passing skills. A lot of poise. Typical Swedish defence-man

Maybe Kabonov and a 2nd for Urbom would've been something reasonable for both team.

Old
11-12-2012, 06:50 AM
Kshahdoo

Hm, and why does any team need this sucker? It looks like he doesn't light AHL at all... And there was a time when he was considered as more talented than Tarasenko or Kuznetsov. Strange things sometimes happen in this world...

Kshahdoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 07:12 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
I think that historically speaking they are good trading partners. I was trying to point out at the same time that Lamoriello literally refuses to deal with some teams, especially in the Atlantic. He's got no problem with the Islanders.
Isles are in a youth movement. 6'3 20 yr old Kabanov, brings the size, physical play and skill the Isles need on the wing.
Isles have a glut of unproven prospects, so they won't be looking for more prospects/ picks. Snow doesn't trade his quality kids for impending ufas or picks.

It's nice that Lou has no problem trading with the NYI, but I still don't see a match.

Old
11-12-2012, 07:16 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Alexander Urbom (22) is very close to NHL ready. Ceiling is 2nd pairing defence-man in my opinion. Versatile player, strong and physical in his own zone with decent skating, passing skills. A lot of poise. Typical Swedish defence-man

Maybe Kabonov and a 2nd for Urbom would've been something reasonable for both team.
Why do the isles do this?

Isles have Reinhart, Pedan, De Haan, Mayfield, Pelech, Donovan and Pokka in the pipeline.All have top 4 potential.

Donovan and Ness are close to NHL ready. De Haan, Ness and Donovan were expected to fight for the isles #6 spot, until the lockout happened. De Haan's out with a season ending shoulder injury, but he'll be in the mix in 2013-2014.

Isles will imo, want to give their own prospects the chance to win nhl spots.

Old
11-12-2012, 07:25 AM
Yashintangibles
6 Million Dollar Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kshahdoo View Post
Hm, and why does any team need this sucker? It looks like he doesn't light AHL at all... And there was a time when he was considered as more talented than Tarasenko or Kuznetsov. Strange things sometimes happen in this world...

It's still very early in the AHL season and this sucker has played only 4 games (2 assists +/- 0) due to injury. He was cut on the left wrist and needed a surgery.
Talent is still there but I'm a bit worried. The kid worked a lot to become a better 2 way player. I really hope he didn't lose it technically. Would be a shame.

To summarize, I know that 2 way hockey gets praised a lot around here but an Offensive minded winger with close to elite skill-set is more valuable than an average 2nd liner with little offensive upside. It seems that you can learn to not be a defensive liability. There's a lot players that improved their defence throughout their careers. Offensively on the other hand...

Old
11-12-2012, 07:27 AM
seafoam
Fluorescent Adolescent

Quote:
He is out indefinitely with an injury. I believed he only played four games. Is that a large enough sample size for you to determine whether he lights up the AHL or not?

Old
11-12-2012, 07:34 AM
Yashintangibles
6 Million Dollar Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Why do the isles do this?

Isles have Reinhart, Pedan, De Haan, Mayfield, Pelech, Donovan and Pokka in the pipeline.All have top 4 potential.

Donovan and Ness are close to NHL ready. De Haan, Ness and Donovan were expected to fight for the isles #6 spot, until the lockout happened. De Haan's out with a season ending shoulder injury, but he'll be in the mix in 2013-2014.

Isles will imo, want to give their own prospects the chance to win nhl spots.
Because I want them to do it.

Calm down I won't steal your prospect, just curious of his value, I didn't make a proposal that fits your team needs, my bad.
Islanders fans don't want to trade him, value his low right now and he could be a lot better in a few years.

Understandable.

Old
11-12-2012, 07:40 AM
seafoam
Fluorescent Adolescent

Quote:

Calm down I won't steal your prospect, just curious of his value, I didn't make a proposal that fits your team needs, my bad.
Islanders fans don't want to trade him, value his low right now and he could be a lot better in a few years.

Understandable.
His value like I stated above is really hard to gauge. He is not established enough nor in his upside really known.

Old
11-12-2012, 07:41 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
I'm not convinced the Devils would want him that bad anyway. How well would he fit with DeBoer's system, and who would he play with?

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 08:58 AM
SLAPSHOT723
Big Brock

I would want Urbom, but I would hate to trade him to the Devils (or anyone in the division, really).

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 09:02 AM
Yashintangibles
6 Million Dollar Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
I'm not convinced the Devils would want him that bad anyway. How well would he fit with DeBoer's system, and who would he play with?
The Devils certainly need a skilled top 6 forward. But defensive prospects or aging defence-men aside they just can't trade anything else in return. Very low trading value. If you're not going after Kabanov, you'll go after someone like Bobby Butler... Oh wait

Old
11-12-2012, 09:56 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:

Understandable.
I'm pretty calm. I save my rants for relocation debates, team jersey arguments and logo arguments

Old
11-12-2012, 12:56 PM
Kshahdoo

Quote:
He is out indefinitely with an injury. I believed he only played four games. Is that a large enough sample size for you to determine whether he lights up the AHL or not?
I guess it's large enough sample size to understand he adds to his questionable mentality some problems with health.

Kshahdoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 01:24 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
I guess it's large enough sample size to understand he adds to his questionable mentality some problems with health.
Yes. Falling during a game and cutting his forearm on an opponents skate, is a clear sign that KK is injury riddled

On the Isle board is the Sound Tigers 2012-2013 thread. Kabanov only played the first 4 games of the season. In that thread, I have my posts, giving him props after games 2,3 and 4, praising him for his skill and physical play along the boards.

Old
11-12-2012, 02:30 PM
Yashintangibles
6 Million Dollar Man

Quote:

Did Kirill steal your candy ?

Old
11-13-2012, 03:21 PM
tuckrr

Flyers offer 2013 1st or decent prospect (Cousins) + 2nd

Hartnell -Giroux - Briere
Kabanov - Schenn - Voracek
Simmonds - Cooter - Read
Sestito - Fedotenko - Talbot

Cooter/Schenn are interchangeable, but Voracek + Kabanov would be filthy