HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

KHL (Kontinental Hockey League) 2012-2013 season part II

Closed Thread

Old
11-08-2012, 10:01 PM
kedr

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to kedr
Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
I think KHL will be independent from IIHF after Sochi.
I think not, because there is no need for this kind of confrontation.
Just the number and length of international breaks should be revised. No EHT for sure.

Old
11-09-2012, 07:14 AM
fredrikstad

vCash: 512
Quote:
Originally Posted by ult View Post
I'd just say that majority of Russians have the same point of view as me. Or the other way around, doesn't matter. The point is - screw the FHR. EHTs are worthless and should be canceled. In fact the most common way of calling it on Russian websites is Евродурь. We want smooth championship, without those ridiculous 10 day breaks. I'm with Shalaev, Leonid Weisfeld and other guys.

As for European hockey, it is none of our business. In fact KHL should quit iihf. I'm just patiently waiting till the Olympics are over.
Then stay away from other Europeans, ans stick with only Russian players in KHL,MHL and VHL
Please don't ruin our domestic leagues, Make a rule that don't allow any foreigners or European teams, besides the former Soviet countries.
Stay away from Czechs, Slovaks, Swedes, Germans and so on.

Old
11-09-2012, 07:30 AM
fredrikstad

vCash: 512
Quote:
Originally Posted by kedr View Post
I think not, because there is no need for this kind of confrontation.
Just the number and length of international breaks should be revised. No EHT for sure.
Yes. agreed. Changes in schedules are ok. But do it under the umbrella of IIHF and Russian Federation

Work to develop the sport, not the business men pockets.

Old
11-09-2012, 07:50 AM
ult

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredrikstad View Post
Then stay away from other Europeans, ans stick with only Russian players in KHL,MHL and VHL
Please don't ruin our domestic leagues, Make a rule that don't allow any foreigners or European teams, besides the former Soviet countries.
We will do with our league what we think is best. If player wants to play KHL, why should you stop him? It's not like Russian teams are kidnapping them.

And your domestic leagues have been ruined long time ago.

Old
11-09-2012, 07:59 AM
Faterson

Quote:
Then stay away from other Europeans [...]
Why should they? There should be freedom for everyone to join whatever league they want. Whether that league is an IIHF member or not seems irrelevant. If you allow European players to join the NHL while the NHL is not an IIHF member, I don't see why you would want to forbid European players to join the KHL if the KHL was not an IIHF member. There should be equal treatment for everyone and all leagues, and complete freedom for every hockey player and team to decide in which league they want to play. The Cold War is over, and there is no longer any Iron Curtain, so please don't try to install a new one in the 21st century.

Old
11-09-2012, 08:03 AM
zorz

Quote:
Yes. agreed. Changes in schedules are ok. But do it under the umbrella of IIHF and Russian Federation

Work to develop the sport, not the business men pockets.
Exactly, the changes should be decided and done by these institutions, not by pressure of one or two leagues. That's not good for the sport.

Old
11-09-2012, 08:47 AM
cska78

Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorz View Post
Exactly, the changes should be decided and done by these institutions, not by pressure of one or two leagues. That's not good for the sport.

Old
11-09-2012, 11:36 AM
ult

Thanks for the good laughs. I just imagined how Fasel would try to bring NHL under his rule.

Old
11-12-2012, 03:46 AM
russianhockey

Radulov to Sport-Express:
I hope to play against Atlant on wednesday but i cant guarantee.
I feeling okay for the moment. The decision has to be made by the doctors and trainers.

Sergei Shirokov should also be back to business on wednesday. CSKA drop him from the injury list.

Old
11-12-2012, 07:56 AM
cska78

Quote:
Originally Posted by ult View Post
Thanks for the good laughs. I just imagined how Fasel would try to bring NHL under his rule.
suspend all the players not-released for IIHF tournaments, between that and comparable salaries in the KHL (and way less games) some players would stick around in Europe. But of course it's not a solution.

Old
11-12-2012, 02:11 PM
ModryJazyk

Quote:
I guess, president Medvedev has other opinion about hockey future of KHL as ult.

He (Medvedev) knows, that KHL has not more potential to grow up staying only in russian territory with such 60-70 K registered home hockey players (it's lesser than in smaller countries like Czech rep. or Finland, not to mention 1.1 M in NAmerica) and half-empty russian arenas.

Old
11-13-2012, 01:34 PM
cska78

NHL will not register Prokhorkin's two way contract with LA as it is illegitimate. Not sure what happens now, as AHL may still register the contract or just let him play? has the bridges with CSKA been burned? He clearly has no spot on CSKA (Sprukts is a 4th liner), will he want to come back and play for THK in the VHL or he's going to get traded?

Old
11-13-2012, 01:43 PM
zorz

Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
NHL will not register Prokhorkin's two way contract with LA as it is illegitimate. Not sure what happens now, as AHL may still register the contract or just let him play? has the bridges with CSKA been burned? He clearly has no spot on CSKA (Sprukts is a 4th liner), will he want to come back and play for THK in the VHL or he's going to get traded?
or he quits hockey...

Old
11-13-2012, 01:53 PM
cska78

Quote:
or he quits hockey...
one above average prospect is not worth the precedent, even be it so.

Old
11-13-2012, 01:54 PM
cska78

on the good note, nikita gusev is on the roster and will get one more chance to make the CSKA

Old
11-13-2012, 02:04 PM
Fulcrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
on the good note, nikita gusev is on the roster and will get one more chance to make the CSKA
Nikita needs to score like 2+ and be a PPG player to solidify a roster spot over the next few games. It's hard to see him doing that for some reason.

I hate to say it, but the thought of him becoming like Proshkin is becoming more real. A skillfull player who completely lost his finishing skills somewhere along the way. Filatov too, in a way.

Old
11-13-2012, 03:36 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Prokhorkin cannot play AHL without contract. He can not sign new AHL contract, let say tommorow, because he has valid KHL contract.

I can see:
1) termination of his KHL contract, or
2) playing VHL, MHL
3) trade to Amur or so (like Ozhiganov)

IMO 1) or 3) are realistic now.

Old
11-13-2012, 05:39 PM
yunost

4) AHL and KHL have no agreement

Old
11-13-2012, 05:43 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by yunost View Post
4) AHL and KHL have no agreement
but AHL is under Hockey Canada, so IIHF.

Old
11-13-2012, 11:11 PM
ult

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModryJazyk View Post
I guess, president Medvedev has other opinion about hockey future of KHL as ult.

He (Medvedev) knows, that KHL has not more potential to grow up staying only in russian territory with such 60-70 K registered home hockey players (it's lesser than in smaller countries like Czech rep. or Finland, not to mention 1.1 M in NAmerica) and half-empty russian arenas.
What a load of BS.
Russia does not register every guy holding a stick as a player. Russia is 3rd in rinks number, and the number of rinks will double in a 10 years. The KHL average attendance is 81% of arenas capacity, the highest in Europe. Most of which are much newer and more comfortable than that of Finland and CZ.

As for growing - we're doing an impressive growth in every hockey aspect, there are a number of huge arenas planned and being build in large Russian cities, that could and most likely will replace small teams like Vityaz, Nizhnekamsk, Yugra. Sochi and Tyumen come to mind. TV ratings skyrocketed, as well as media attention to hockey. And yet, KHL has an immense market potential in Russia with the main competition being Footbal and Biathlon.

And that's when the rest of Europe continues to regress.

Old
11-14-2012, 09:32 AM
zorz

Since KHL wants to be an international league. The thing I really think they should do is to let people from all it's member countries into it's management. That could significantly increase trust in KHL outside of Russia.

Old
11-14-2012, 01:03 PM
cska78

Quote:
Since KHL wants to be an international league. The thing I really think they should do is to let people from all it's member countries into it's management. That could significantly increase trust in KHL outside of Russia.
i am sure it will eventually happen, but not from teams that joined the league yesterday and haven't proven that they'll stay.

Old
11-14-2012, 02:19 PM
Vicente

Nice that Lev has won a game again. May Sykora lead them to old September glory.

Old
11-14-2012, 02:22 PM
Vicente

Quote:
Well. Once we really have a strong EU block (not only the three teams we got now) then we'll see a lot of improvements because there are a lot of open legal questions.

But already now KHL won't do anything that could harm their foreign participants and thus their expansions plans.

Old
11-14-2012, 02:23 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Sejejs was member of KHL board, after leaving Dinamo Riga was replaced by Savickis. So what is the problem?

Generally I agree, it is happening already

Closed Thread