HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

The All Purpose Lu Thread (MOD WARNING IN OP)

Closed Thread

Old
11-13-2012, 04:49 PM
Liferleafer
RIP Pat

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
But I guess they do not give you insight on pieces going either way?
Nope...nobody seems to know that. I wish i could tell you...Hell, i wish i knew myself!!

Old
11-13-2012, 04:54 PM
blendini

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankthetank91 View Post
Don't wanna be that guy but my uncle knows someone in the Leafs organization and said Luongo will be a Leaf after lockout. Take it for what you will i'm not trying to be an insider or anything and this is the first time i've done this so don't shoot the messenger.

With that being said pieces are unknown. If you use common sense and logic JvR is obviously not going to be traded. We just acquire him and he hasn't even played a game yet theres no chance.
Ah ha...maybe Burke knew Gillis wanted a tough winger more than a dman (Schenn). We all know how much MG likes his American players. JVR would be a great fit for the 'Nucks.

Old
11-13-2012, 04:55 PM
Shawnathon

Quote:
Originally Posted by blendini View Post
Ah ha...maybe Burke knew Gillis wanted a tough winger more than a dman (Schenn). We all know how much MG likes his American players. JVR would be a great fit for the 'Nucks.
JVR was brought in to help Toronto. Not to be trade bait.

Old
11-13-2012, 04:58 PM
Liferleafer
RIP Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by blendini View Post
Burke was pursuing JVR long before Luongo ever hit the market....he won't be dealing him.

Old
11-13-2012, 06:58 PM
Cogburn

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
I'm sorry but, we're not trading our arguably best player (Lupul) this past season in a deal for Luongo. It's just not gonna happen.
I know this is old, but I was reading my way back to the last post on this thread...this stands out as just insane to me.

You're not trading your "arguably best player", on a bottom 5 team, but you want to trade for the flat out best player on a cup favoured team the last two seasons (and further back), including both Sedins, including Kesler, including Hamhuis, Edler and Burrows.

If you want to argue Lupul is more valuable to the Leafs then we give him credit for, sure, but you're taking the biggest reason for our success in previous seasons, the reason Schneider wasn't rushed out ala Raycroft or Mason, and saying "no, not Lupul". I mean if we were really, really jerks about this, we'd focus all our energy on taking Kessel or Phaneuf, +.

Old
11-13-2012, 07:01 PM
blankall

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderTwinsUnite View Post
MacArthur and Kulemin are not attractive enough to Vancouver. I mean, for ****s sake, Kulemin had SEVEN goals last year. His value is not that high.
But he had 30 the year before. Or is it only when assessing Luongo's value that you get to ignore the bad years?

Old
11-13-2012, 07:03 PM
Scurr

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
But he had 30 the year before. Or is it only when assessing Luongo's value that you get to ignore the bad years?
No season under a .913 save percentage in his career. What bad years are we not talking about?

Grabovksi is so far and away the Leafs best player... it's not even close.

Last edited by Scurr: 11-13-2012 at 07:15 PM.
Old
11-13-2012, 07:45 PM
Deuce Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scurr View Post

Grabovksi is so far and away the Leafs best player... it's not even close.

Old
11-13-2012, 07:53 PM
StrictlyCommercial

The biggest factor in making this deal happen is that the Leafs will have a ton of cap space next year to rebuild their roster. The Leafs have almost all of their brutal contracts (except Komisarek) coming off the books, which opens up lots of room for Luongo. I still don't quite see how the pieces may come together, but there is definitely potential.

My best bet (which someone has probably said at some point): MacArthur or Kulemin, Colborne, mid-tier F prospect, 1st 2013 or 2014 (Leafs choice)
for:
Luongo, Raymond, low-end prospect (to balance contracts)

The deal kind of sucks from a Canucks fan's perspective (and probably from many Leaf fan's perspectives as well), but a useful roster player+ competition for Schroeder + mid 1st is a pretty solid return if Flordia or Edmonton aren't offering the Bjugstad/Gagner/ whatevers of the world.

Old
11-13-2012, 08:31 PM
StringerBell

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrictlyCommercial View Post
The biggest factor in making this deal happen is that the Leafs will have a ton of cap space next year to rebuild their roster. The Leafs have almost all of their brutal contracts (except Komisarek) coming off the books, which opens up lots of room for Luongo. I still don't quite see how the pieces may come together, but there is definitely potential.

My best bet (which someone has probably said at some point): MacArthur or Kulemin, Colborne, mid-tier F prospect, 1st 2013 or 2014 (Leafs choice)
for:

The deal kind of sucks from a Canucks fan's perspective (and probably from many Leaf fan's perspectives as well), but a useful roster player+ competition for Schroeder + mid 1st is a pretty solid return if Flordia or Edmonton aren't offering the Bjugstad/Gagner/ whatevers of the world.
Good post. I think Kulemin, Colborne and a 2014 1st would be something Burke and Gillis would both seriously consider, even if there are members of both fanbases who baulk at the idea.

Old
11-13-2012, 08:32 PM
WonderTwinsUnite

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
30 is an anomaly. His seasons of 15 and 16 goals are closer to the truth.

Old
11-13-2012, 08:48 PM
Jax Teller

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrictlyCommercial View Post

for:

I'd accept that deal if the roster player given was MacArthur and the Leafs had up until their selection at the draft in 2013 to decide what year Vancouver would pick.

Old
11-13-2012, 09:23 PM
Deuce Awesome

Quote:
30 is an anomaly. His seasons of 15 and 16 goals are closer to the truth.
Another one....

Ive watched Kulemin with great interest since he came into the league. He has progressed season over season hitting that 30 goal plateau. Last year was a bad year, mostly in part to that plane crash that took out an entire russian hockey team, one of the guys on that plane was a mentor to Kulemin and he took it very hard. You know, how someone in their early twenties reacts to the death of a close friend.

He's playing well over there right now. Even though he was snakebit last season he was still a very effective two way player. No way he gets traded now when his outside the team value is so low. He will bounce back.

Old
11-13-2012, 09:41 PM
DougGilmour93

Ok, Ok. This is not something I'm known for doing, but in no way am I conceding...so here goes...

To Vancouver:
Tim Connolly
Nazem Kadri
Stuart Percy
1st in 2013 or 2014 (Toronto's choice)

To Toronto:
Mason Raymond
Jordan Schroeder
Roberto Luongo

Thoughts???

Old
11-13-2012, 09:42 PM
StringerBell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce Awesome View Post
Another one....

Ive watched Kulemin with great interest since he came into the league. He has progressed season over season hitting that 30 goal plateau. Last year was a bad year, mostly in part to that plane crash that took out an entire russian hockey team, one of the guys on that plane was a mentor to Kulemin and he took it very hard. You know, how someone in their early twenties reacts to the death of a close friend.

He's playing well over there right now. Even though he was snakebit last season he was still a very effective two way player. No way he gets traded now when his outside the team value is so low. He will bounce back.
It is possible for fans to think Kulemin's 30 goal season was an anomaly while still believing he is a very good player. That 17.3% shooting percentage is hard to maintain, so unless he increases his shot volume I doubt he hits it again. With that said, due to all the other elements he brings to the table he doesn't really need to score more than 20 goals to be an effective top 6 guy on a cup contender.

Old
11-13-2012, 09:51 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Ok, Ok. This is not something I'm known for doing, but in no way am I conceding...so here goes...

To Vancouver:
Tim Connolly
Nazem Kadri
Stuart Percy

To Toronto:
Mason Raymond
Jordan Schroeder
Roberto Luongo

Thoughts???
Burke wouldn't be interested in him, I really wish Schroeder has shown that skill he is capable of making but so far he hasn't from the times I have seen him with the wolves.

As for the trade I am not interested in moving kadri and connolly is a Free agent come this season. Also I doubt we are moving the first rounder of this upcoming season.

11-13-2012, 09:53 PM
DougGilmour93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
Burke wouldn't be interested in him, I really wish Schroeder has shown that skill he is capable of making but so far he hasn't from the times I have seen him with the wolves.

As for the trade I am not interested in moving kadri and connolly is a Free agent come this season. Also I doubt we are moving the first rounder of this upcoming season.
Some of the Vancouver fans had mentioned they were a little intrigued in him, so...

Kadri, I'm ok with adding him in a deal. He still could become something, I just doubt it ever happens in TO.

As for the 1st I assume TO would rather deal the 2014.

Old
11-13-2012, 09:54 PM
WonderTwinsUnite

Quote:

To Vancouver:
Tim Connolly No to Connolly. Way too big of an injury risk.
Nazem Kadri I'm not crazy about him in a deal for Lou. I would prefer pieces that can help the Canucks to win now.
Stuart Percy I know nothing about him, scouting report if you would?
1st in 2013 or 2014 (Toronto's choice). A solid asset.

To Toronto:
Mason Raymond
Jordan Schroeder
Roberto Luongo

Thoughts???
Responses in bold.

I don't like how much we give up.

Old
11-13-2012, 09:58 PM
DougGilmour93

Quote:
Responses in bold.

I don't like how much we give up.
If Vancouver didn't want Connolly, than I must insist they at least take Lombardi. Some sort of cap relief is needed as we'd be taking on Luongo's contract as well as Raymonds.

If needed be, Vancouver could hold onto Schroeder. I just figured they wanted to move some bodies as they would be taking a number of them.

Old
11-13-2012, 09:58 PM
FAMOUSfin

How effective has Connolly been playing on the right wing? I doubt he would assume the 3rd line checking duties over Lappy but I wonder if he can replace Raymond's offense in the top 6.

Old
11-13-2012, 10:02 PM
DougGilmour93

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAMOUSfin View Post
How effective has Connolly been playing on the right wing? I doubt he would assume the 3rd line checking duties over Lappy but I wonder if he can replace Raymond's offense in the top 6.
Connolly is both exciting and frustrating to watch. He has that capabilty to almost slow things down on the ice and he is very creative while setting up his linemates. On the flip side, he doesn't seem to show up every night, not to mention he seems to find himself on the IR from time to time.

Old
11-13-2012, 10:03 PM
WonderTwinsUnite

Quote:
If Vancouver didn't want Connolly, than I must insist they at least take Lombardi. Some sort of cap relief is needed as we'd be taking on Luongo's contract as well as Raymonds.

If needed be, Vancouver could hold onto Schroeder. I just figured they wanted to move some bodies as they would be taking a number of them.
Raymond's contract is 1 year.

Lombardi also has significant injury concerns...

Old
11-13-2012, 10:07 PM
DougGilmour93

Quote:
Raymond's contract is 1 year.

Lombardi also has significant injury concerns...
Um...lets not forget Lu's contract. Connolly's, Lombardi's and Raymond's all have 1 yr left. So Vancouver taking on one shouldn't be that big of a deal.

Old
11-13-2012, 10:07 PM
Liferleafer
RIP Pat

Quote:

To Vancouver:
Tim Connolly
Nazem Kadri
Stuart Percy

To Toronto:
Mason Raymond
Jordan Schroeder
Roberto Luongo

Thoughts???
I'm good with it.

Old