HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

The All Purpose Lu Thread (MOD WARNING IN OP)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-13-2012, 04:49 PM
  #351
Liferleafer
RIP Pat
 
Liferleafer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 10,393
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
But I guess they do not give you insight on pieces going either way?
Nope...nobody seems to know that. I wish i could tell you...Hell, i wish i knew myself!!

Liferleafer is offline  
Old
11-13-2012, 04:54 PM
  #352
blendini
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 479
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankthetank91 View Post
Don't wanna be that guy but my uncle knows someone in the Leafs organization and said Luongo will be a Leaf after lockout. Take it for what you will i'm not trying to be an insider or anything and this is the first time i've done this so don't shoot the messenger.

With that being said pieces are unknown. If you use common sense and logic JvR is obviously not going to be traded. We just acquire him and he hasn't even played a game yet theres no chance.
Ah ha...maybe Burke knew Gillis wanted a tough winger more than a dman (Schenn). We all know how much MG likes his American players. JVR would be a great fit for the 'Nucks.

blendini is offline  
Old
11-13-2012, 04:55 PM
  #353
Shawnathon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 321
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blendini View Post
Ah ha...maybe Burke knew Gillis wanted a tough winger more than a dman (Schenn). We all know how much MG likes his American players. JVR would be a great fit for the 'Nucks.
JVR was brought in to help Toronto. Not to be trade bait.

Shawnathon is offline  
Old
11-13-2012, 04:58 PM
  #354
Liferleafer
RIP Pat
 
Liferleafer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 10,393
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blendini View Post
Ah ha...maybe Burke knew Gillis wanted a tough winger more than a dman (Schenn). We all know how much MG likes his American players. JVR would be a great fit for the 'Nucks.
Burke was pursuing JVR long before Luongo ever hit the market....he won't be dealing him.

Liferleafer is offline  
Old
11-13-2012, 06:58 PM
  #355
Cogburn
Registered User
 
Cogburn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,860
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
I'm sorry but, we're not trading our arguably best player (Lupul) this past season in a deal for Luongo. It's just not gonna happen.
I know this is old, but I was reading my way back to the last post on this thread...this stands out as just insane to me.

You're not trading your "arguably best player", on a bottom 5 team, but you want to trade for the flat out best player on a cup favoured team the last two seasons (and further back), including both Sedins, including Kesler, including Hamhuis, Edler and Burrows.

If you want to argue Lupul is more valuable to the Leafs then we give him credit for, sure, but you're taking the biggest reason for our success in previous seasons, the reason Schneider wasn't rushed out ala Raycroft or Mason, and saying "no, not Lupul". I mean if we were really, really jerks about this, we'd focus all our energy on taking Kessel or Phaneuf, +.

Cogburn is offline  
Old
11-13-2012, 07:01 PM
  #356
blankall
Registered User
 
blankall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 5,309
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderTwinsUnite View Post
MacArthur and Kulemin are not attractive enough to Vancouver. I mean, for ****s sake, Kulemin had SEVEN goals last year. His value is not that high.
But he had 30 the year before. Or is it only when assessing Luongo's value that you get to ignore the bad years?

blankall is offline  
Old
11-13-2012, 07:03 PM
  #357
Scurr
Registered User
 
Scurr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Whalley
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,363
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
But he had 30 the year before. Or is it only when assessing Luongo's value that you get to ignore the bad years?
No season under a .913 save percentage in his career. What bad years are we not talking about?

Grabovksi is so far and away the Leafs best player... it's not even close.


Last edited by Scurr: 11-13-2012 at 07:15 PM.
Scurr is offline  
Old
11-13-2012, 07:45 PM
  #358
Deuce Awesome
Registered User
 
Deuce Awesome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,172
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scurr View Post

Grabovksi is so far and away the Leafs best player... it's not even close.


Deuce Awesome is offline  
Old
11-13-2012, 07:53 PM
  #359
StrictlyCommercial
Registered User
 
StrictlyCommercial's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,958
vCash: 500
The biggest factor in making this deal happen is that the Leafs will have a ton of cap space next year to rebuild their roster. The Leafs have almost all of their brutal contracts (except Komisarek) coming off the books, which opens up lots of room for Luongo. I still don't quite see how the pieces may come together, but there is definitely potential.

My best bet (which someone has probably said at some point): MacArthur or Kulemin, Colborne, mid-tier F prospect, 1st 2013 or 2014 (Leafs choice)
for:
Luongo, Raymond, low-end prospect (to balance contracts)

The deal kind of sucks from a Canucks fan's perspective (and probably from many Leaf fan's perspectives as well), but a useful roster player+ competition for Schroeder + mid 1st is a pretty solid return if Flordia or Edmonton aren't offering the Bjugstad/Gagner/ whatevers of the world.

StrictlyCommercial is offline  
Old
11-13-2012, 08:31 PM
  #360
StringerBell
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 10,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrictlyCommercial View Post
The biggest factor in making this deal happen is that the Leafs will have a ton of cap space next year to rebuild their roster. The Leafs have almost all of their brutal contracts (except Komisarek) coming off the books, which opens up lots of room for Luongo. I still don't quite see how the pieces may come together, but there is definitely potential.

My best bet (which someone has probably said at some point): MacArthur or Kulemin, Colborne, mid-tier F prospect, 1st 2013 or 2014 (Leafs choice)
for:
Luongo, Raymond, low-end prospect (to balance contracts)

The deal kind of sucks from a Canucks fan's perspective (and probably from many Leaf fan's perspectives as well), but a useful roster player+ competition for Schroeder + mid 1st is a pretty solid return if Flordia or Edmonton aren't offering the Bjugstad/Gagner/ whatevers of the world.
Good post. I think Kulemin, Colborne and a 2014 1st would be something Burke and Gillis would both seriously consider, even if there are members of both fanbases who baulk at the idea.

StringerBell is offline  
Old
11-13-2012, 08:32 PM
  #361
WonderTwinsUnite
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: North Delta, B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,709
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
But he had 30 the year before. Or is it only when assessing Luongo's value that you get to ignore the bad years?
30 is an anomaly. His seasons of 15 and 16 goals are closer to the truth.

WonderTwinsUnite is offline  
Old
11-13-2012, 08:48 PM
  #362
Jax Teller
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,262
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrictlyCommercial View Post
The biggest factor in making this deal happen is that the Leafs will have a ton of cap space next year to rebuild their roster. The Leafs have almost all of their brutal contracts (except Komisarek) coming off the books, which opens up lots of room for Luongo. I still don't quite see how the pieces may come together, but there is definitely potential.

My best bet (which someone has probably said at some point): MacArthur or Kulemin, Colborne, mid-tier F prospect, 1st 2013 or 2014 (Leafs choice)
for:
Luongo, Raymond, low-end prospect (to balance contracts)

The deal kind of sucks from a Canucks fan's perspective (and probably from many Leaf fan's perspectives as well), but a useful roster player+ competition for Schroeder + mid 1st is a pretty solid return if Flordia or Edmonton aren't offering the Bjugstad/Gagner/ whatevers of the world.
I'd accept that deal if the roster player given was MacArthur and the Leafs had up until their selection at the draft in 2013 to decide what year Vancouver would pick.

Jax Teller is offline  
Old
11-13-2012, 09:23 PM
  #363
Deuce Awesome
Registered User
 
Deuce Awesome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,172
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderTwinsUnite View Post
30 is an anomaly. His seasons of 15 and 16 goals are closer to the truth.
Another one....


Ive watched Kulemin with great interest since he came into the league. He has progressed season over season hitting that 30 goal plateau. Last year was a bad year, mostly in part to that plane crash that took out an entire russian hockey team, one of the guys on that plane was a mentor to Kulemin and he took it very hard. You know, how someone in their early twenties reacts to the death of a close friend.

He's playing well over there right now. Even though he was snakebit last season he was still a very effective two way player. No way he gets traded now when his outside the team value is so low. He will bounce back.

Deuce Awesome is offline  
Old
11-13-2012, 09:41 PM
  #364
DougGilmour93
Registered User
 
DougGilmour93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5,156
vCash: 500
Ok, Ok. This is not something I'm known for doing, but in no way am I conceding...so here goes...


To Vancouver:
Tim Connolly
Nazem Kadri
Stuart Percy
1st in 2013 or 2014 (Toronto's choice)



To Toronto:
Mason Raymond
Jordan Schroeder
Roberto Luongo


Thoughts???

DougGilmour93 is offline  
Old
11-13-2012, 09:42 PM
  #365
StringerBell
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 10,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce Awesome View Post
Another one....


Ive watched Kulemin with great interest since he came into the league. He has progressed season over season hitting that 30 goal plateau. Last year was a bad year, mostly in part to that plane crash that took out an entire russian hockey team, one of the guys on that plane was a mentor to Kulemin and he took it very hard. You know, how someone in their early twenties reacts to the death of a close friend.

He's playing well over there right now. Even though he was snakebit last season he was still a very effective two way player. No way he gets traded now when his outside the team value is so low. He will bounce back.
It is possible for fans to think Kulemin's 30 goal season was an anomaly while still believing he is a very good player. That 17.3% shooting percentage is hard to maintain, so unless he increases his shot volume I doubt he hits it again. With that said, due to all the other elements he brings to the table he doesn't really need to score more than 20 goals to be an effective top 6 guy on a cup contender.

StringerBell is offline  
Old
11-13-2012, 09:51 PM
  #366
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 71,549
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
Ok, Ok. This is not something I'm known for doing, but in no way am I conceding...so here goes...


To Vancouver:
Tim Connolly
Nazem Kadri
Stuart Percy
1st in 2013 or 2014 (Toronto's choice)



To Toronto:
Mason Raymond
Jordan Schroeder
Roberto Luongo


Thoughts???
Burke wouldn't be interested in him, I really wish Schroeder has shown that skill he is capable of making but so far he hasn't from the times I have seen him with the wolves.

As for the trade I am not interested in moving kadri and connolly is a Free agent come this season. Also I doubt we are moving the first rounder of this upcoming season.

__________________
Leaf Rocket is offline  
Old
11-13-2012, 09:53 PM
  #367
DougGilmour93
Registered User
 
DougGilmour93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5,156
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
Burke wouldn't be interested in him, I really wish Schroeder has shown that skill he is capable of making but so far he hasn't from the times I have seen him with the wolves.

As for the trade I am not interested in moving kadri and connolly is a Free agent come this season. Also I doubt we are moving the first rounder of this upcoming season.
Some of the Vancouver fans had mentioned they were a little intrigued in him, so...

Kadri, I'm ok with adding him in a deal. He still could become something, I just doubt it ever happens in TO.

As for the 1st I assume TO would rather deal the 2014.

DougGilmour93 is offline  
Old
11-13-2012, 09:54 PM
  #368
WonderTwinsUnite
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: North Delta, B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,709
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
Ok, Ok. This is not something I'm known for doing, but in no way am I conceding...so here goes...


To Vancouver:
Tim Connolly No to Connolly. Way too big of an injury risk.
Nazem Kadri I'm not crazy about him in a deal for Lou. I would prefer pieces that can help the Canucks to win now.
Stuart Percy I know nothing about him, scouting report if you would?
1st in 2013 or 2014 (Toronto's choice). A solid asset.

To Toronto:
Mason Raymond
Jordan Schroeder
Roberto Luongo


Thoughts???
Responses in bold.

I don't like how much we give up.

WonderTwinsUnite is offline  
Old
11-13-2012, 09:58 PM
  #369
DougGilmour93
Registered User
 
DougGilmour93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5,156
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderTwinsUnite View Post
Responses in bold.

I don't like how much we give up.
If Vancouver didn't want Connolly, than I must insist they at least take Lombardi. Some sort of cap relief is needed as we'd be taking on Luongo's contract as well as Raymonds.

If needed be, Vancouver could hold onto Schroeder. I just figured they wanted to move some bodies as they would be taking a number of them.

DougGilmour93 is offline  
Old
11-13-2012, 09:58 PM
  #370
FAMOUSfin
Registered User
 
FAMOUSfin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 882
vCash: 500
How effective has Connolly been playing on the right wing? I doubt he would assume the 3rd line checking duties over Lappy but I wonder if he can replace Raymond's offense in the top 6.

FAMOUSfin is offline  
Old
11-13-2012, 10:02 PM
  #371
DougGilmour93
Registered User
 
DougGilmour93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5,156
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAMOUSfin View Post
How effective has Connolly been playing on the right wing? I doubt he would assume the 3rd line checking duties over Lappy but I wonder if he can replace Raymond's offense in the top 6.
Connolly is both exciting and frustrating to watch. He has that capabilty to almost slow things down on the ice and he is very creative while setting up his linemates. On the flip side, he doesn't seem to show up every night, not to mention he seems to find himself on the IR from time to time.

DougGilmour93 is offline  
Old
11-13-2012, 10:03 PM
  #372
WonderTwinsUnite
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: North Delta, B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,709
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
If Vancouver didn't want Connolly, than I must insist they at least take Lombardi. Some sort of cap relief is needed as we'd be taking on Luongo's contract as well as Raymonds.

If needed be, Vancouver could hold onto Schroeder. I just figured they wanted to move some bodies as they would be taking a number of them.
Raymond's contract is 1 year.

Lombardi also has significant injury concerns...

WonderTwinsUnite is offline  
Old
11-13-2012, 10:07 PM
  #373
DougGilmour93
Registered User
 
DougGilmour93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5,156
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderTwinsUnite View Post
Raymond's contract is 1 year.

Lombardi also has significant injury concerns...
Um...lets not forget Lu's contract. Connolly's, Lombardi's and Raymond's all have 1 yr left. So Vancouver taking on one shouldn't be that big of a deal.

DougGilmour93 is offline  
Old
11-13-2012, 10:07 PM
  #374
Liferleafer
RIP Pat
 
Liferleafer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 10,393
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
Ok, Ok. This is not something I'm known for doing, but in no way am I conceding...so here goes...


To Vancouver:
Tim Connolly
Nazem Kadri
Stuart Percy
1st in 2013 or 2014 (Toronto's choice)



To Toronto:
Mason Raymond
Jordan Schroeder
Roberto Luongo


Thoughts???
I'm good with it.

Liferleafer is offline  
Old
11-13-2012, 10:09 PM
  #375
DougGilmour93
Registered User
 
DougGilmour93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5,156
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by liferleafer View Post
i'm good with it.
good. Lets do this!

DougGilmour93 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:23 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.