HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Canadian Junior Hockey Devoted to the CHL (OHL, QMJHL, WHL), CJAHL, and its leagues

EOJHL Regular Season Underway

Old
11-13-2012, 02:47 PM
Stittsvillain

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KL14 View Post
I would love to know how Stittsville is playing against Gatineau to beat them once and have an overtime loss in the second game when other teams in the Valley Division have so many problems containing their speed. I will see Ottawa South tomorrow night against a depleted Renfrew team so it will be hard to give an opinion, but on paper Ottawa South was going to good, I guess they are playing now like they should be.
Stittsville has a pretty good speed game of their own. If they would just stick to it they would likely have a few more wins. They just can't seem to resist the call of the "jungle" some times.

Stittsvillain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 04:57 PM
Roofus

Sad day for thr EOJHL, Mr Ron Casselman passed away last night. Ron was a great man to see around the rink and he always had a smile on his face!
Anyone who played for him, dealt with him or just crossed paths with him in his decades of Jr B hockey know what kind of great fellow he was.
My deepest Sypathies go out to Ron's family and Morrisburg Lions!!!!
Trips to the Burg will just not be the same with out you there Ron!

RIP Ron you will be missed

Last edited by Roofus: 11-14-2012 at 11:22 AM.
Roofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 11:37 PM
PG

Ottawa 5 Renfrew 2 (en)

Considering the odds with a short bench, the young Renfrew squad gave it a good try but were over matched.....49-19 on the shot clock....had Ottawa not started to play as individuals in the 2nd and 3rd they would have probably reached double digits...

Renfrew goalie had a whale of a game stopping 45 of 49 shots

PG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 06:28 AM
KL14

OTS/Renfrew

Renfrew bench was short for sure and they finished with 4 D. I am not sure if the game was ever in doubt as it seemed OTS played just well enough to win but could have played better if needed. For sure some OTS players tried to pad their stats last night but I would have thought the shot count was closer than 49-19. Couple of bad line calls lead directly to two OTS goals, one missed icing call in the first and a missed off side in the third but like I said, I don't think it really matter. The Renfrew goalie had a good game but the OTS back up is scary to watch. It seemed ever shot had a chance to go in but he stopped the puck when he needed to. I would think both Ottawa and Renfrew will be getting some more help on Dec 1 when Kanata and Pembroke get down to 23.

On another note...I think you see Allard back in Arnprior soon. Some of the new recruits are just not getting the job done. He will be on a very short leash, but they need him.

KL14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 08:03 AM
Jeff077

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
Sad day for thr EOJHL, Mr Ron Casselman passed away last night. Ron was a great man to see around the to rink and he always had a smile on his face!
Anyone who played for him, dealt with him or just crossed paths with him in his decades of Jr B hockey know what kind of great fellow he was.
My deepest Sypathies go out to Ron's family and Morrisburg Lions!!!!
Trips to the Burg will just not be the same with out you there Ron!

RIP Ron you will be missed
Great Post! One of the nicest men you will ever meet. He will certainly be missed.

Jeff077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 05:05 PM
hurricane11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
Casselman - recovering from championship hangover and starting to click

Winchester - will pull it together and recieve players from Nepean at Dec 1 cut down

Char Lan will fight Akwesanse for third with Morrisburg in the mix.

CharLan fighting adversity for the first time , young team, dressing room problems, open knowledge by players that they are being shopped and winning is easy, losing shows true bench character And that was displayed last night in Akwesanse!

Yes Akwesanse as won 4 of five but against who , Alex yes but a weak team,
Lions yes but a dysfunctional team right now , Rebels yes but a lot of in house fighting occurring with this team, Tikis yes , but three key players out with injuries
Then they beat the Hawks who are in a identity problem right now.
They had there test against the Vikings and where never
in the game. Akwesanse top end players are also quietly looking for trades out Akwesanse
, coaching communication problems with players. If this occurs they will battle Alex for last place

Morrisburg are a couple of players away from turning it around , the rest are starting to buy into new coaching techniques. Lions have a lot of talent on paper but need to transfer that onto the ice.

Alexandria are in a complete rebuild year !!!!

I agree i have seen a number of games in the Rideau- STL and would have to say Awkwesasne getting teams at the right time. Char- Lan's going through a slump and having seen Brockville- Westport the night before heard from their rinkrats that they have 5 guys out. I see the STL going like this
Casselman- Vets seem to be rolling again, Stingy Defence always keeps them in the game
Char-Lan- Young guys starting to feel the toll of Junior schedule
Winchester- Kirkwood's a great coach and will lead them back up the standings
Awkwesasne- skilled and speedy up front, D are aggressive but lack skill
Morrisburg- Lots of talent but seems too much like a frat house
Alexandria- too much inexperience

Rideau
Athens
Gananoque
Westport
Brockville
South Grenville

Since were almost at the halfway point any award predictions?

hurricane11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 09:19 PM
Hockeyfan6713

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricane11 View Post
I agree i have seen a number of games in the Rideau- STL and would have to say Awkwesasne getting teams at the right time. Char- Lan's going through a slump and having seen Brockville- Westport the night before heard from their rinkrats that they have 5 guys out. I see the STL going like this
Casselman- Vets seem to be rolling again, Stingy Defence always keeps them in the game

Rideau
Athens
Gananoque
Westport
Brockville
South Grenville

I agree with your analysis of all those St-Lawrence teams... And the standings mean a lot since we are at the halfway point. The only thing that will chance is that Winchester might climb up the standings and Char Lan could possible lose one or 2 spots.
A couple of you seem to say that Akwesasne had an easy schedule. If you think they had an easy schedule, you are wrong. They played some of the best teams last month (except last week) and take a look at their December schedule, they could potentially win all the December games. So i doubt there will be a downward road for now...

On the other hand, i see that some teams battling in the St-Lawrence will have a tougher schedule in the next month... So in my opinion, the teams that have been winning recently will keep winning, and teams like Alexandria, Winchester and Morrisburg will have to seize every opportunity they have.

Hockeyfan6713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 01:23 AM
hawxfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan6713 View Post
I agree with your analysis of all those St-Lawrence teams... And the standings mean a lot since we are at the halfway point. The only thing that will chance is that Winchester might climb up the standings and Char Lan could possible lose one or 2 spots.
A couple of you seem to say that Akwesasne had an easy schedule. If you think they had an easy schedule, you are wrong. They played some of the best teams last month (except last week) and take a look at their December schedule, they could potentially win all the December games. So i doubt there will be a downward road for now...

On the other hand, i see that some teams battling in the St-Lawrence will have a tougher schedule in the next month... So in my opinion, the teams that have been winning recently will keep winning, and teams like Alexandria, Winchester and Morrisburg will have to seize every opportunity they have.
Just finishied watching the Ottawa South vs.Ottawa West game...total domination by South. Outshot, outhit and outplayed and outgoaltended West. The goaltentding was never in doubt as the West goalies could not stop anything and Couvrette for South held his ground in the first and then cruised to a shutout. West was dominated by South and at this stage is seems that Gatineau and South are the two dominant teams in the league.

hawxfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 10:37 AM
EpicNeilTime

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawxfan View Post
Just finishied watching the Ottawa South vs.Ottawa West game...total domination by South. Outshot, outhit and outplayed and outgoaltended West. The goaltentding was never in doubt as the West goalies could not stop anything and Couvrette for South held his ground in the first and then cruised to a shutout. West was dominated by South and at this stage is seems that Gatineau and South are the two dominant teams in the league.
Ottawa South is a good team no doubt, however Ottawa West is much better then they showed. I would suspect the next game will be much better. Horrible game from Ottawa West.

EpicNeilTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 11:18 AM
KL14

Ots

Very deep team and can roll four lines, D is overrated though and like to think they can skate through the other teams at will. When they have a lead, they change from being a team and start to try to pad the stats but there is still of plenty of time to work on this. IMO they are soft...they may have some big boys but I don't think they can be tough. As the season moves on, OTS is not going to get all the favourable referring that they have been receiving thus far...teams are going to pick up on this and run them out of the rink...

Old
11-16-2012, 12:45 PM
PG

IMO Junior Canadians have the best skating forwards - as a group top to bottom - in the Metro division, and that is what separates them from the pack at this juncture in the season...

Agree with observation about their team chemistry...seem more interested in individual effort than team success....although they have the inidivdual talent to carry them for now....will that type of play withstand scrutiny in the playoffs however?

I suspect that OTTW, OTTS, Metcalfe, and Gatineau will tighten up as the season progresses, and the team that comes out of the division will be the most disciplined, from a team play perspective

Old
11-16-2012, 01:28 PM
KL14

Metro

My predication is that Gatineau comes out of the Metro and perhaps the conference again. Their rink at playoff time is too hard to play in...home ice will be a big a thing and someone will need to either have home ice advantage over them, or steal one in Gatineau.

Old
11-16-2012, 01:36 PM
Rangersfan21

Quote:
My predication is that Gatineau comes out of the Metro and perhaps the conference again. Their rink at playoff time is too hard to play in...home ice will be a big a thing and someone will need to either have home ice advantage over them, or steal one in Gatineau.
My guess is OTS, you have to remember collins and fequet and their older guys miss games right now because they are in school. They will all be there come play off time and im sure they will ramp it up. they just got couvrette too

Rangersfan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 05:12 PM
PG

Weekend Woes For Metcalfe

Metcalfe needs good goaltending to stay with the big boys in the Metro Division....when they get it they win their share against the top teams....this past weekend they were swamped by south and Gatineau even though the shots and play were close....the goalies were sub par...chance to get on the right track tonight vs Shawville

Last edited by PG: 11-27-2012 at 09:23 AM.
Old
11-21-2012, 07:32 PM
KL14

Gatineau/Renfrew

I have changed my mind on Gatineau. They looked flat against an understaffed Renfrew team but pulled out the win on the shoot out. I think OTS will come out of the Metro....I got to say though, the Valley is still anyone's to take.

Old
11-21-2012, 11:47 PM
PG

Jets take a bunch of penalties but get by Shawville 5-2 to return to the win column

Old
11-22-2012, 09:52 AM
grace

Quote:
I have changed my mind on Gatineau. They looked flat against an understaffed Renfrew team but pulled out the win on the shoot out. I think OTS will come out of the Metro....I got to say though, the Valley is still anyone's to take.
Royals loss best player, to 67s

grace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 07:53 PM
Stittsvillain

Quote:
Originally Posted by grace View Post
Royals loss best player, to 67s
If you're talking about Groulx, the 67's just borrowed him. He is in the Royals lineup against Ottawa West tonight.

Stittsvillain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 11:02 PM
EpicNeilTime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stittsvillain View Post
If you're talking about Groulx, the 67's just borrowed him. He is in the Royals lineup against Ottawa West tonight.
He played very well tonight.

Drove the net hard, got tons of scoring opportunities, and used his size along the boards. Was definitely the best player for Stittsville.

EpicNeilTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2012, 11:32 PM
Big Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stittsvillain View Post
This statement is correct he (Giroux) has signed with them (67's) for 2013. I am shocked with the Wolves with a depleted line-up as they continue to play hard and win? I watched them tonight in Shawville and had a slow first 10min and after that it was all wolves. Also they took Gatineau to a shoot in a game that actually should have won. WOW

Big Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2012, 12:59 AM
Roofus

First coaching change of the season, Hincks out as coach and GM of the Char LAN Rebels. Rumor has it that he is also no longer part of ownership Group. Char-LAN loses first game after coaching change to there Glengarry Rivials Alexandria Glens 5-3

Roofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2012, 08:38 PM
longballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricane11 View Post

Rideau
Athens
Gananoque
Westport
Brockville
South Grenville

In the Rideau it looks like Athens, Gananoque and Westport will stay in the top three and all be contenders but in the St. Lawrence it seems to be that Cassleman and Winchester are the only real contenders in that division as the ship is sinking in CharLan and Morrisburg. CharLan has some very good younger players while Morrisburg has very talented overage players in their lineup. Brockville also has a team that works hard but no players that are difference makers. Alexandria and Akwesasne will be in a fight until the end for wins and a possible playoff spot.

For award predictions a couple for each award in no perticular order
Rideau:
MVP- Wyatt Cota, Dan Lacriox or Cameron Mcnutt
Best defenseman- Jay Waller or Danny Hincks
Rookie of the Year- Connor Merkley or Michael Mckenney
Scoring Champ- Wyatt Cota or Dan Lacroix

St. Lawrence:
MVP- Joel Adam, Chris Rutley or Aaron Dickenson
Best defenseman- Aaron Dickenson
Rookie of the Year- Jonathan Cyr or Ross Craig
Scoring Champ-Chris Rutley or Joel Adam

longballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 01:05 PM
hurricane11

Quote:
Originally Posted by longballer View Post
In the Rideau it looks like Athens, Gananoque and Westport will stay in the top three and all be contenders but in the St. Lawrence it seems to be that Cassleman and Winchester are the only real contenders in that division as the ship is sinking in CharLan and Morrisburg. CharLan has some very good younger players while Morrisburg has very talented overage players in their lineup. Brockville also has a team that works hard but no players that are difference makers. Alexandria and Akwesasne will be in a fight until the end for wins and a possible playoff spot.

For award predictions a couple for each award in no perticular order
Rideau:
MVP- Wyatt Cota, Dan Lacriox or Cameron Mcnutt
Best defenseman- Jay Waller or Danny Hincks
Rookie of the Year- Connor Merkley or Michael Mckenney
Scoring Champ- Wyatt Cota or Dan Lacroix

St. Lawrence:
MVP- Joel Adam, Chris Rutley or Aaron Dickenson
Rookie of the Year- Jonathan Cyr or Ross Craig
Scoring Champ-Chris Rutley or Joel Adam
Rideau:
MVP- Wyatt Cota
Best defenseman- #55 on Brockville
Rookie of the Year- Connor Merkley or #55 on Brockville
Scoring Champ- Wyatt Cota
Goalie- Jarrett Pitt

St. Lawrence:
MVP- Joel Adam
Rookie of the Year- Jonathan Cyr
Scoring Champ-Chris Rutley
Goalie- Kid from Awkwesasne

hurricane11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 07:58 PM
PG

Metcalfe 7 Ottawa GK 4

Jets trip up Ottawa Golden Knights 7-4.....shots even at 35 but the better chances were capitalized on by Metcalfe....two shortys and 3 D-men scored

Old
11-26-2012, 05:04 PM
hawxfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG View Post
Jets trip up Ottawa Golden Knights 7-4.....shots even at 35 but the better chances were capitalized on by Metcalfe....two shortys and 3 D-men scored
Junior Canadians play against Gatineau tomorrow nite at Kilrea, then off to Ottawa West at Barbara Anne on Thursday. Big showdown as these are the top three teams in Jr. Bl right now. Should be good entertainment. Jr. Canadians riding a 9 games win streak, longest in Jr. B this year.

hawxfan is offline   Reply With Quote