HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Avalanche Jersey Pickups

Closed Thread

Old
09-19-2012, 08:49 AM
Razor29
52-22-8

vCash: 500
I have a new Landeskog jersey with the C on the way.

Old
10-02-2012, 11:10 PM
SuperTheGreat
Swim Instructor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperTheGreat View Post
Just saw this on Ebay if anyone is interested. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nice-CCM-Men...60489143831%26
It's a replica 2001 World team all star jersey, and the price is very good. Also of note: it already has the Avs shoulder patch and a Sweden Flag shoulder patch sewn on (presumably someone was going to make it into a Forsberg, but never saw the project through). My latest pickup post in this thread (this page, post #185 http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...&postcount=185) was my Forsberg '01 all star and I LOVE it---My favorite jersey of all time. The patches on the shoulders cost about $15 each, so whoever gets this could get the jersey at a great price in the first place, and also save about $30 on the shoulder patches. Denver Athletic can do the name & number for you, as they did the jerseys for the '01 all star game. I also have material from a scrapped '01 jersey you can take/send to DA for use as a nameplate. PM me if you get it, and we'll work the shipping details for the plate. Good luck. Hope someone here gets it!!!
Dude has lowered the price by $5 AND listed as a "best offer". Throw $25 at the guy and I bet it's yours. You'd spend more than that for the patches alone! Link to new listing: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nice-CCM-Men...item53ef59a0bd

Last edited by SuperTheGreat: 10-18-2012 at 01:57 PM.
Old
10-18-2012, 02:04 PM
SuperTheGreat
Swim Instructor

For anyone interested in Replica Avs jerseys there is a seller on Ebay with legit replicas at really low prices. Fullmoonjerseys has brand new road white replicas for $30 in many sizes.
Small: http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-REEBOK-C...item46077a9549
Medium: http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-REEBOK-C...item3f1ac79ca7
XL: http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-REEBOK-C...item53ee0386be
2XL: http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-REEBOK-C...item3f173c90ed

Old
10-25-2012, 04:31 AM
Pirate Deadpool
I hate Minnesota!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BON IVER View Post
Where can I get an authentic Landeskog jersey for a moderate price?
There is no such thing as authentic when it comes to reebok. The edge jerseys they sell are made in indonesia and are made with inferior materials. The edge jerseys worn by the players are made with top grade materials and made in canada.

Old
10-25-2012, 04:33 AM
Pirate Deadpool
I hate Minnesota!

After 2 or 3 years I finally found and bought a koho authentic foppa jersey in size 48. Overpriced and worth every penny. It was definitely customized by DA. I have several customized authentic jerseys and gamers and the lettering, nameplate curve, and numbers all match.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Colorado-Ava...vip=true&rt=nc

Old
10-25-2012, 04:42 AM
Pirate Deadpool
I hate Minnesota!

Quote:
Denver Athletic is the place that letters/numbers the jerseys for the team. They're able to do customer jerseys as well. It will be a couple of weeks but if you have them do it, you can be sure it's exact to the team specs. There are lots of kits out there on the web & ebay that are sort of close, but not the same as the team wears, so beware. When you get the C, post pics!
Never buy a kit. Only go to DA. No one else can do the numbers correctly. Kits might look close, but to a jersey freak they can spot differences instantly. Biggest difference between DA and other companies when doing a full customization is the nameplate curve.

Old
10-25-2012, 12:23 PM
madman
Deadmarsh Deli Dills

Quote:
Originally Posted by The U View Post
After 2 or 3 years I finally found and bought a koho authentic foppa jersey in size 48. Overpriced and worth every penny. It was definitely customized by DA. I have several customized authentic jerseys and gamers and the lettering, nameplate curve, and numbers all match.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Colorado-Ava...vip=true&rt=nc
That year, that jersey

Old
10-25-2012, 06:58 PM
SuperTheGreat
Swim Instructor

Quote:
Beautiful jersey, U! Can't go wrong with a Forsberg. And new with tags, too, congrats. And you didn't over pay by that much. Nicely done. (Get that all star patch zig-zag stitched, if you haven't already)

Quote:
Never buy a kit. Only go to DA. No one else can do the numbers correctly. Kits might look close, but to a jersey freak they can spot differences instantly. Biggest difference between DA and other companies when doing a full customization is the nameplate curve.
For me and other jersey freaks/collectors, I agree completely...No kits, DA every time. As for full customization, I would never recommend a kit to anyone, freak or not. I was just offering help with the question of a jersey that was already done, but needed a "C" added, and for some, a well constructed kit "C" may do the trick. And after going back and reading my original post, my intention was actually to steer folks away from the kits (sorry if that didn't come through). I do know that some folks here aren't as freakish as you or Jay or I about their jerseys & wanted to help with some info so they can be aware of all the options available as well as avoid buying something that will look terrible. Having all the info never hurts. We are in complete agreement, DA is the only place to go for on-ice numbering and lettering. And for those who aren't jersey freaks I'll piggy back on your sentiment, U...the more you look at stuff like the nameplate curve, the materials used, spacing, placement, even the size of the twill layers used to make the numbers, the easier it is to see the difference, and...the more you see the difference, the more the difference matters.

Last edited by SuperTheGreat: 10-25-2012 at 08:02 PM.
Old
10-26-2012, 10:51 AM
iAvs
JUST WIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by madman View Post
That year, that jersey
That was a pretty good season, wasn't it?

Old
11-01-2012, 09:19 AM
emackulate

hello all. i'm looking to get a patrick roy jersey on ebay but upon looking at the jersey, the front logo looks rather small when compared to one of my old posters as a kid. there are ones listed where the logo is much larger so i was wondering if anyone could explain this. are the small logos more recent and i just never noticed them. also which ones do you guys like the red and blue or red and white. i'm still undecided haha. thanks.

and finally, obligatory bozak, macarthur, 2nd for stastny

Old
11-01-2012, 10:20 PM
SuperTheGreat
Swim Instructor

Quote:
Originally Posted by emackulate View Post
hello all. i'm looking to get a patrick roy jersey on ebay but upon looking at the jersey, the front logo looks rather small when compared to one of my old posters as a kid. there are ones listed where the logo is much larger so i was wondering if anyone could explain this. are the small logos more recent and i just never noticed them. also which ones do you guys like the red and blue or red and white. i'm still undecided haha. thanks.

and finally, obligatory bozak, macarthur, 2nd for stastny
Which listing are you looking at? Can you provide a link or a pic? Without being able to see it, the best guess would be that it is either a Starter Replica jersey which had smaller crests that were embroidered directly to the jersey around the perimeter, or a 1st year (1995) Starter Authentic jersey which did have smaller crests than all the other years/makes. Everything else had the larger crest and everything else except the 2000 Pro Player replicas had the crest zigzag stitched or sublimated to the jersey rather than embroidered around the perimeter. If I can see a pic, I should be able to specifically tell you what year/make the jersey is and provide more specific info as to authentic/replica/fake.

As for which ones I like best, I've never been shy about my hatred for the repugnant new Edge design of our jerseys, which look like a f-ing bar-b-que apron. BTW, Roy never wore an Edge jersey, so I would advise against getting one of those (not sure why those are even made/sold) as it's completely historically inaccurate. I'm not too fond of the blue 3rd, either, since our primary color is burgundy and blue has always been a secondary color, and they replaced the beautiful burgundy 3rd we used to have with which there was absolutely nothing wrong. For my money (and many others' here) the best avs jersey will always be the Starter Mesh Authentic (1995 to 1999). Either White or Burgundy, both beautiful. As well as the aforementioned burgundy 3rd. Go back a page or two and you can see my Starter Mesh Forsbergs, Drury, and Sakic.

Old
11-01-2012, 11:28 PM
emackulate

Quote:
Which listing are you looking at? Can you provide a link or a pic? Without being able to see it, the best guess would be that it is either a Starter Replica jersey which had smaller crests that were embroidered directly to the jersey around the perimeter, or a 1st year (1995) Starter Authentic jersey which did have smaller crests than all the other years/makes. Everything else had the larger crest and everything else except the 2000 Pro Player replicas had the crest zigzag stitched or sublimated to the jersey rather than embroidered around the perimeter. If I can see a pic, I should be able to specifically tell you what year/make the jersey is and provide more specific info as to authentic/replica/fake.

As for which ones I like best, I've never been shy about my hatred for the repugnant new Edge design of our jerseys, which look like a f-ing bar-b-que apron. BTW, Roy never wore an Edge jersey, so I would advise against getting one of those (not sure why those are even made/sold) as it's completely historically inaccurate. I'm not too fond of the blue 3rd, either, since our primary color is burgundy and blue has always been a secondary color, and they replaced the beautiful burgundy 3rd we used to have with which there was absolutely nothing wrong. For my money (and many others' here) the best avs jersey will always be the Starter Mesh Authentic (1995 to 1999). Either White or Burgundy, both beautiful. As well as the aforementioned burgundy 3rd. Go back a page or two and you can see my Starter Mesh Forsbergs, Drury, and Sakic.
thanks for the reply. here are the links

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/PATRICK-ROY-s...item5aea86806d

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/CCM-VINTAGE-C...item46082811ed

for the first link, is it just me or does the front logo seem off centre?

the second jersey (the one with the bigger front logo) says that the name, logo and numbers are heat pressed. does that mean it would be a replica and not an authentic one? i'm still unsure of how to spot the differences so if you could explain that, that would be greatly appreciated.

finally, one last question, i bought a rick nash 2010 team canada jersey. could you take a look and see if it's not a cheap fake.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/RICK-NASH-201...item1c1ea8b43b

sorry for being such a noob but i'm thinking of starting a jersey collection and want to make sure i know what i'm doing beforehand

Old
11-02-2012, 01:53 AM
HockeyFan100
#FreeRedmond

I did have an Avs away jersey but it got too small for me. I'd like to have a Selanne jeresey, I know he never shined with the Avs but he might be my favorite NHL player of all-time behind Sakic and Roy. Nothing's better than having one of your fav NHLers on your favorite teams jeresey, legitmately.

If that doesn't work out maybe i'll get a Paul Kariya one.

Old
11-02-2012, 07:01 AM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 813
Quote:
As for which ones I like best, I've never been shy about my hatred for the repugnant new Edge design of our jerseys, which look like a f-ing bar-b-que apron.
What's hilarious about this statement, is that they do make bbq aprons out of them. I have one someone sent me as a gift from Denver, it even came with a hockey stick shaped spatula with a bottle opener on it. It never gets used, but the spatula is pretty cool looking.

Also, the Edge jerseys fit very well compared to CCM/Koho imo. It's why I like them as a fan, wearing them I don't feel like I have a blanket on quite as much as my Authentic Joe Sakic the year before the Edge's were introduced (admittedly, I bought it one size too big so now it's fairly useless...).

Unfortunately Reebok butchered our jersey designs.

Old
11-02-2012, 08:59 AM
SuperTheGreat
Swim Instructor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
What's hilarious about this statement, is that they do make bbq aprons out of them. I have one someone sent me as a gift from Denver, it even came with a hockey stick shaped spatula with a bottle opener on it. It never gets used, but the spatula is pretty cool looking.

Also, the Edge jerseys fit very well compared to CCM/Koho imo. It's why I like them as a fan, wearing them I don't feel like I have a blanket on quite as much as my Authentic Joe Sakic the year before the Edge's were introduced (admittedly, I bought it one size too big so now it's fairly useless...).

Unfortunately Reebok butchered our jersey designs.
That's hysterical! I'll have to keep my eye out for one of those aprons .

As for the fit, I have always liked the way the shape & cut of the Edges look when I see other teams' jerseys (Chicago, Toronto, or Dallas, for example) and have heard the same about fans preferring their feel and fit to the old 6100 cut. I can't wait until the Avs change their design so I can start buying current jerseys. What's most frustrating to me about Reebok ruining our jerseys is that while they did it to plenty of other teams too, all of those other teams have since re-designed their jerseys to get away from the apron piping and back into decent looking uniforms.

Next most frustrating is that you can't really even get an authentic Edge unless you get a game-worn/issued jersey. What they peddle as a retail "authentic" nowadays is basically a replica made in Indonesia with a fight strap sewn in. Edge retail authentics don't have double shoulders or elbows and are made with the same thinner material as replicas. Not worth the ridiculous prices I've seen, and not the same as what the players wear on the ice (which isn't really authentic, is it?)

Old
11-02-2012, 05:10 PM
SuperTheGreat
Swim Instructor

Quote:
Originally Posted by emackulate View Post
thanks for the reply. here are the links

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/PATRICK-ROY-s...item5aea86806d

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/CCM-VINTAGE-C...item46082811ed

for the first link, is it just me or does the front logo seem off centre?

the second jersey (the one with the bigger front logo) says that the name, logo and numbers are heat pressed. does that mean it would be a replica and not an authentic one? i'm still unsure of how to spot the differences so if you could explain that, that would be greatly appreciated.

finally, one last question, i bought a rick nash 2010 team canada jersey. could you take a look and see if it's not a cheap fake.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/RICK-NASH-201...item1c1ea8b43b

sorry for being such a noob but i'm thinking of starting a jersey collection and want to make sure i know what i'm doing beforehand
Thanks for the links. Looks like I was way off base with my guesses . Both jerseys are legit replicas, neither is a knockoff, neither is an authentic. Based on what I could gather from picking the minds of members at IceJerseys.com the first jersey is likely from the mid 2000s, manufactured in Canada. Not really sure why the crest on that one is smaller, could be an oddball with a leftover crest or it could be due to variations in point of origin. It does look like the smaller crests I've seen on the 1995 jerseys. The second jersey from FullMoonJerseys is also from the mid 2000s but was probably made in Indonesia based on the neck tag. So, Indonesia vs. Canada could be the reasons for the differences.

My personal opinion on the jerseys is this: The first one has lots of problems. The crest, as you noticed, is smaller and is definitely off center and tilted. The font used on the name is not accurate to what the team uses, and the number font is consistent with mass customizers who use a font that is close, but is not what the avs use on-ice. The layering in the numbers are also too thin between layers. The close-ups the guy uses to show the quality stitching shows that without a doubt. The numbers also look to be placed off center. On the other hand the jersey from FullMoon has a larger crest which is accurate to the timeframe when Roy wore a CCM jersey, the lettering font is accurate, as is the number font and size of the layers. Plus, it's the better priced of the two, and I have had FullMoon recommended by multiple members on IceJerseys as a reputable seller with quality items. Easy decision if you ask me. The less expensive jersey from FullMoon is the one you should go with. But remember, both are replica jerseys not authentics. As for the heat pressed issue, it's typically not a big deal to zig-zag stitch around letters and numbers if they aren't sewn already. You could float the difference in the price of the two jerseys and send the less expensive one off to have the sewing done for you and you'd have a much nicer jersey than the first one.

Your Nash is a legit replica jersey and RockyMountain is a reputable seller as well.

As for replicas vs. authentics there are many ways to tell. The dead giveaway for authentics vs. replicas is the placement and types of tags on the jersey. Old Starter/Pro Player/CCM/Koho replicas all had a logo on the end of the left sleeve. Authentics don't have that logo on the sleeve. Authentic jerseys from the pre-Edge era all have an NHL shield logo on the back hem as well. Replicas have either an NHL puck logo or a small team logo in the same place. Neck tags on authentics also say "Authentic Jersey" and replicas say "Official Licensed Jersey". Starter and Pro Player jerseys used entirely different materials for their replicas and authentics. A heavy shiny mesh for authentic and a duller, softer air knit polyester for their replicas. There are differences in the crest and shoulder patches, but for the most part a Starter or Pro Player replica is a nice, high quality jersey. CCM/Koho used the same material, just a different gauge/thickness for replicas vs authentics, but for avs CCM/Kohos the shoulder patches are another dead giveaway for a replica. They are lower quality and look nothing like the big-foot patches on authentics. The newer Edge jerseys are also easy to spot based on tagging. Same "authentic" vs. "licensed" wording on the neck tags, but the giveaway for an Edge replica is the "jock-tag" which is the size tag on the front lower left at the hem. Authentic Edge jerseys don't have that. As for all replicas and authentics, replicas don't have a fight strap and all authentics do, but be careful because fakes that are pushed as authentics all have fight straps, too.

If you're seriously going to get into collecting I'll recommend reading the IceJerseys forum. They have tons of threads for noobies and almost everyone on the board is willing to help with any question you have. The "how to guides and jersey basics" and "is it good or not" threads are great places to start. Read up, take your time, ask questions and you'll get the hang of it pretty quickly.

Old
11-02-2012, 07:29 PM
SuperTheGreat
Swim Instructor

Quote:
Where can I get an authentic Landeskog jersey for a moderate price?
Quote:
There is no such thing as authentic when it comes to reebok. The edge jerseys they sell are made in indonesia and are made with inferior materials. The edge jerseys worn by the players are made with top grade materials and made in canada.
True. The crap Reebok is pushing as a retail authentic is shameful (from what I've read - I don't own any Edge jerseys but have read about them plenty). There seem to be two camps: The "I'm ok with an Indo-Edge authentic, because that's all that's available, plus they're not that bad" camp, and the "It's not what the players wear on the ice, so it isn't accurate and it isn't, by definition, authentic - so I'll never buy one, I'll only buy game-worn Edge jerseys" camp. FWIW, I'm inclined to lean toward the latter. I'd never buy an Indo-Edge. I'd buy a game issued Canadian made Edge, strip it and have DA re-customize with my player. But I've read numerous posts from lots of serious collectors who are totally fine with Indo-Edges. To each his own, no? Yes.

Last edited by SuperTheGreat: 11-02-2012 at 10:52 PM.
Old
11-05-2012, 09:31 PM
Muffin
Avalanche Flavoured

Quote:
For anyone interested in Replica Avs jerseys there is a seller on Ebay with legit replicas at really low prices. Fullmoonjerseys has brand new road white replicas for $30 in many sizes.
Small: http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-REEBOK-C...item46077a9549
Medium: http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-REEBOK-C...item3f1ac79ca7
XL: http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-REEBOK-C...item53ee0386be
2XL: http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-REEBOK-C...item3f173c90ed
Those are good prices, if the front logo wasn't ironed on I'd be all over that.

Old
11-05-2012, 09:40 PM
Tralfamadore
So it goes

Quote:
Well I purchased an RBK jersey that was made in Canada for like $50 off of a guy my mom worked with. The thing is very well made, has the fight straps etc. I always assumed that is was this quality of jersey that nhl.com lists as RBK authentic and sells for $300 or so. I no longer have the connection but I was hoping to find the same make of jersey for a decent price although I'm not expecting to get as low as $50 again.

Old
11-05-2012, 09:50 PM
SuperTheGreat
Swim Instructor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffin View Post
Those are good prices, if the front logo wasn't ironed on I'd be all over that.

That's what you're gonna get with a replica. Honestly, if that's the only thing that bothers you about a replica, the crest is zig-zag stitched on authentic jerseys and it wouldn't be hard at all for someone who knows their way around a sewing machine to throw down a stitch around the outside. Get a jersey, buy your mom/sister/wife/home-ec teacher lunch & ask them to sew your crest down.

Old
11-05-2012, 10:08 PM
Muffin
Avalanche Flavoured

Quote:
That's what you're gonna get with a replica. Honestly, if that's the only thing that bothers you about a replica, the crest is zig-zag stitched on authentic jerseys and it wouldn't be hard at all for someone who knows their way around a sewing machine to throw down a stitch around the outside. Get a jersey, buy your mom/sister/wife/home-ec teacher lunch & ask them to sew your crest down.
I think you just sold me . Now I just need to figure out my size...

Old
11-05-2012, 10:24 PM
SuperTheGreat
Swim Instructor

Quote:
Well I purchased an RBK jersey that was made in Canada for like $50 off of a guy my mom worked with. The thing is very well made, has the fight straps etc. I always assumed that is was this quality of jersey that nhl.com lists as RBK authentic and sells for $300 or so. I no longer have the connection but I was hoping to find the same make of jersey for a decent price although I'm not expecting to get as low as $50 again.
You probably got an Edge 1.0. Are the sleeves really long? From what I've read Reebok shipped the manufacturing of the Edge to Indonesia in 2010-2011 when they started making the 2.0s and that's when the quality of materials for the retail authentics went way down ---- when they lost the double elbows and shoulders and started using thinner material. If you got a Canadian made Edge, you have a nice authentic jersey and got a real steal with that price. Unfortunately, what is being made now and sold - on NHL.com and everywhere else - as an authentic at the retail level (for around $300) is junky, made in Indonesia, and low quality so you won't find a jersey as nice as the one you have now for any price unless you buy game-worn.

Old
11-05-2012, 10:31 PM
SuperTheGreat
Swim Instructor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffin View Post
I think you just sold me . Now I just need to figure out my size...
This may help: If you're small, get a size small. If you're medium-sized, go with a medium. If you are a large person, get a large, and if you're an extra large person, snag an XL.

Seriously...I will never understand how one manufacturer can differ so greatly from another with what they call a "large" or a "medium". I don't own any Edge jerseys, replica or authentic, so I can't really offer any perspective, but it seems the S,M,L,XL scale is a little more universal than the numeric system used for authentics. Maybe take a trip to the mall and see if you can find a store that sells jerseys, try a few on and go from there.

Old
11-12-2012, 10:01 PM
Muffin
Avalanche Flavoured

Quote:
This may help: If you're small, get a size small. If you're medium-sized, go with a medium. If you are a large person, get a large, and if you're an extra large person, snag an XL.

Seriously...I will never understand how one manufacturer can differ so greatly from another with what they call a "large" or a "medium". I don't own any Edge jerseys, replica or authentic, so I can't really offer any perspective, but it seems the S,M,L,XL scale is a little more universal than the numeric system used for authentics. Maybe take a trip to the mall and see if you can find a store that sells jerseys, try a few on and go from there.
I ended up getting the jersey, now I'm wondering where I can go to get it customized.

Old
11-13-2012, 04:00 PM
emackulate

Quote:
Thanks for the links. Looks like I was way off base with my guesses . Both jerseys are legit replicas, neither is a knockoff, neither is an authentic. Based on what I could gather from picking the minds of members at IceJerseys.com the first jersey is likely from the mid 2000s, manufactured in Canada. Not really sure why the crest on that one is smaller, could be an oddball with a leftover crest or it could be due to variations in point of origin. It does look like the smaller crests I've seen on the 1995 jerseys. The second jersey from FullMoonJerseys is also from the mid 2000s but was probably made in Indonesia based on the neck tag. So, Indonesia vs. Canada could be the reasons for the differences.

My personal opinion on the jerseys is this: The first one has lots of problems. The crest, as you noticed, is smaller and is definitely off center and tilted. The font used on the name is not accurate to what the team uses, and the number font is consistent with mass customizers who use a font that is close, but is not what the avs use on-ice. The layering in the numbers are also too thin between layers. The close-ups the guy uses to show the quality stitching shows that without a doubt. The numbers also look to be placed off center. On the other hand the jersey from FullMoon has a larger crest which is accurate to the timeframe when Roy wore a CCM jersey, the lettering font is accurate, as is the number font and size of the layers. Plus, it's the better priced of the two, and I have had FullMoon recommended by multiple members on IceJerseys as a reputable seller with quality items. Easy decision if you ask me. The less expensive jersey from FullMoon is the one you should go with. But remember, both are replica jerseys not authentics. As for the heat pressed issue, it's typically not a big deal to zig-zag stitch around letters and numbers if they aren't sewn already. You could float the difference in the price of the two jerseys and send the less expensive one off to have the sewing done for you and you'd have a much nicer jersey than the first one.

Your Nash is a legit replica jersey and RockyMountain is a reputable seller as well.

As for replicas vs. authentics there are many ways to tell. The dead giveaway for authentics vs. replicas is the placement and types of tags on the jersey. Old Starter/Pro Player/CCM/Koho replicas all had a logo on the end of the left sleeve. Authentics don't have that logo on the sleeve. Authentic jerseys from the pre-Edge era all have an NHL shield logo on the back hem as well. Replicas have either an NHL puck logo or a small team logo in the same place. Neck tags on authentics also say "Authentic Jersey" and replicas say "Official Licensed Jersey". Starter and Pro Player jerseys used entirely different materials for their replicas and authentics. A heavy shiny mesh for authentic and a duller, softer air knit polyester for their replicas. There are differences in the crest and shoulder patches, but for the most part a Starter or Pro Player replica is a nice, high quality jersey. CCM/Koho used the same material, just a different gauge/thickness for replicas vs authentics, but for avs CCM/Kohos the shoulder patches are another dead giveaway for a replica. They are lower quality and look nothing like the big-foot patches on authentics. The newer Edge jerseys are also easy to spot based on tagging. Same "authentic" vs. "licensed" wording on the neck tags, but the giveaway for an Edge replica is the "jock-tag" which is the size tag on the front lower left at the hem. Authentic Edge jerseys don't have that. As for all replicas and authentics, replicas don't have a fight strap and all authentics do, but be careful because fakes that are pushed as authentics all have fight straps, too.

If you're seriously going to get into collecting I'll recommend reading the IceJerseys forum. They have tons of threads for noobies and almost everyone on the board is willing to help with any question you have. The "how to guides and jersey basics" and "is it good or not" threads are great places to start. Read up, take your time, ask questions and you'll get the hang of it pretty quickly.
thanks for the long and detailed reply . do you happen to have any close up pictures of an authentic jersey that shows these differences? i'd like to see the differences as some sort of a guide.

Closed Thread