HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lockout Thread II

Closed Thread

Old
11-13-2012, 09:58 AM
Butch 19
King me

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Yoda View Post
Quite frankly at this point, I think the pure hatred towards Bettman is seriously clouding their judgement, and the players can't seem to think rationally (or mathematically) because of it.

I really hope, for the average to marginal players' sake, they get this done sooner rather than later. Guys who are fringe NHLers, who hasn't quite cashed in yet, they're the real losers in all this, perhaps even more so than the fans. Financially, they may never get a chance to make NHL salary, which they could or would have got this year.
Many or most fringe NHLers may never cash in. Last year may have been their high salary year of $3.2m. They would never increase on that amount even if they were playing.

So if the seaosn is lost, Fehr will have done them no favors. - and obviously cost them quite a bit of money.

Old
11-13-2012, 11:30 AM
Colorado Avalanche

Bad news. Martinez got hit to face with the puck, probably has concussion.

Old
11-13-2012, 01:31 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Avalanche View Post
Bad news. Martinez got hit to face with the puck, probably has concussion.
Another lockout bonus.

Old
11-13-2012, 02:45 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch 19 View Post
Many or most fringe NHLers may never cash in. Last year may have been their high salary year of $3.2m. They would never increase on that amount even if they were playing.

So if the seaosn is lost, Fehr will have done them no favors. - and obviously cost them quite a bit of money.
Fehr is no friend to the average player. His idea of a good system is one where the star players get most of the money and the average guys try to get raises by going to arbitration.

Old
11-13-2012, 03:52 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie Weeks View Post
I refuse to believe everyone in the world but the players noticed this back in August, there's just no way they're that dense.
Judging by the comments some of them have made, I'm guessing they are that dense. One look at the 2004/2005 lockout and you'll see there is no way the players are going to come out of this better the longer they wait. The opposite is true. In fact, they've probably already done irreparable financial damage to themselves at this point. Their actions my be altruistic but they certainly aren't helping themselves.

Before somebody gets on me about a pro-owners stance, I'm not pro-owner. If I were a player and my options were 50/50 with a slight reduction in salary versus a full year of lost wages, I know which option I'd take. Easy for me to say making a middle class income but the players are out to lunch if they aren't cognizant of what is going on in the economy and how the negative press from this lockout, compounded with a double dip and fans on social media organizing a boycott could have a large impact on the HRR gross in years to come. They can end up with a 60/40 split next summer and they'll never get that money back even if the HRR doesn't slide.

The thing I find laughable is that Fehr stalled this process. There is no disputing that I don't believe. He stalled the process and now thinks the players should still get paid for a full year? Yeah good luck with that buddy. If I was an owner I'd laugh in his face. The guy is a joke and he is making the players look bad in the process.

F the Fehr, Bettman, the NHL, the NHLPA and all the players, the whole lot of them. You are all a bunch of a-holes and we fans really ought to vote with our wallets when they come back. Lets make them regret they did this to us a third time. It isn't right that we spend our hard earned money and now we are left here to debate the merits of two sides that none of us can truly identify with. None of us are billionaires or professional athletes. We shouldn't even be having this conversation and here I am, delirious, repeating the same ****ing post for the 800th time.

Old
11-13-2012, 04:22 PM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
The Silver Lining in all of this is Quick.
He is just starting to practice with Manchester

Old
11-13-2012, 04:53 PM
no name

Players rarely get their salaries pro rated in professional sports lockouts.

Old
11-13-2012, 04:53 PM
Richie10

Don't hate Fehr. He is who he is. This guy is no secret commodity in sports.

Hate the players, whose lack of foresight, relevant knowledge, and rationale are keeping them following the piper right over the cliff.

Old
11-13-2012, 05:03 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by no name View Post
They got a prorated salary last time and they'll get a prorated salary again if they don't play. Lets see what is $7,000,000 / 0? But at least they'll be getting 100% of HRR this year.. right? The players really are winning!

Old
11-13-2012, 05:54 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Since when?

Old
11-13-2012, 06:03 PM
no name

If im the players I talo to fehr about plan b. Owners are heavily in the lead and its about this time when the big Monet guys resolve hardens. The playera are not going to win or tie and its time to put another offer out thay May not look good bit is better than being offered. Thay and they get thisyears pay.

I Aldo would put a choke order on playera talking. Crosby is sounding really uneducated in how this stuff works.

Old
11-13-2012, 06:09 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Report: Recchi offers lockout advice

Quote:
“The longer they’re out, the revenues are going to go down and down,” Recchi told The Boston Globe. “Corporate sponsors aren’t going to be lining up . . . so there goes that money. The schedule isn’t going to be 82 games. . . . That’s more money lost. So, how are you going to get a better deal? Personally, I think the best time is now.”
Quote:
“They’re always going to get paid, no matter what. Look at that last deal. We ended up with the cap and everyone thought it was a bad deal. But it ended up great, right? No matter what the system is, or has been, the players get their money.
Quote:
“They have to think, what is best?” Recchi told the newspaper. “Are they better to get 90 percent of what they’re due, or are they better to get zero?”
http://msn.foxsports.com/nhl/story/m...players-111312

Old
11-13-2012, 06:12 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

I like that Crosby thinks the fans are going to be mad at the owners and stick it to them. Does he not realize his salary is tied to revenues and that will most certainly effect him WORSE? What an idiot..

Old
11-13-2012, 06:29 PM
Quattro

Quote:
If im the players I talo to fehr about plan b. Owners are heavily in the lead and its about this time when the big Monet guys resolve hardens. The playera are not going to win or tie and its time to put another offer out thay May not look good bit is better than being offered. Thay and they get thisyears pay.

I Aldo would put a choke order on playera talking. Crosby is sounding really uneducated in how this stuff works.
are you typing with one of those Stephen Hawking mouth sticks?

Old
11-13-2012, 07:21 PM
KingsFan7824

Recchi's right about the money. When it comes to the CBA, owners try to limit themselves. When it comes to the summer and the implementation of the CBA, owners try to find every way possible to spend money.

Fehr was hired to fight. That's it. He wouldn't even take the just expired CBA if it was offered.

The Kings should be in Nashville right now.

Old
11-13-2012, 07:26 PM
no name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quattro View Post
are you typing with one of those Stephen Hawking mouth sticks?
I was on the treadmill trying to type on my phone. Sorry.

Old
11-13-2012, 07:41 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

WILL WE SEE A SHORTENED SEASON START IN JAN?

Some think so.

Old
11-13-2012, 09:37 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
WILL WE SEE A SHORTENED SEASON START IN JAN?

Some think so.
I've been saying January the whole time. My neighbor who works for the Kings said nothing will happen until then.

Old
11-14-2012, 12:42 AM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
I've been saying January the whole time. My neighbor who works for the Kings said nothing will happen until then.
No offense, but what does your neighbor know that the owners and/or players don't?

11-14-2012, 01:05 AM
alpa
Yoda+Gandalf=Sutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
No offense, but what does your neighbor know that the owners and/or players don't?
His neighbor knows that nothing will happen until January..sorry I couldn't resist it .

Old
11-14-2012, 08:03 AM
Colorado Avalanche

More bad news. Martinez apparently broke his cheek bone and might be out for a while. Really bad luck... Horrible.

Old
11-14-2012, 09:44 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Avalanche View Post
More bad news. Martinez apparently broke his cheek bone and might be out for a while. Really bad luck... Horrible.
The good news is Hickey may storm Bettman's office, kick their *****, and bring an end to this whole lockout single handedly now that there is a spot for him on the main roster.

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Old
11-14-2012, 10:24 AM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
His neighbor is the 21st century Bo Jackson. And Bo knows!

Old
11-14-2012, 12:10 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dingo View Post
The Silver Lining in all of this is Quick.
He is just starting to practice with Manchester
Yah, if there is a season I think the Kings are one of the teams that benefit the most with a shortened season. Bernier would have gotten a nice, long look, I think he would have done OK. Not very often in pro sports where a star player can take his time coming back from surgery and do it the right way to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Old
11-14-2012, 12:58 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dingo View Post
His neighbor is the 21st century Bo Jackson. And Bo knows!

Bo knows Didley!!

There was a time I was hoping the Kings would win a Stanley Cup before I died.

Now I am just glad that they won it before the NHL dies. A bit on the dramatic side to be sure, but I really don't think Donald Fehr gives a flying F about the players or the NHL.

Fehr keeps telling the players that the two sides are close on how the revenues will be split over the term of the next CBA. From the Daly quotes I have read recently, I would say that is not true at all.

Please NHLPA just fire that walking cancer.

Closed Thread