HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The History of Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The History of Hockey Relive great moments in hockey history and discuss how the game has changed over time.

Hall of Fame "DK resource centre"

Old
11-13-2012, 04:58 PM
Elever
Hth

vCash: 500
Hall of Fame "DK resource centre"

There's this thing located in Etobicoke (between Toronto and Mississauga) called the DK Seaman Hockey Resource Centre. I was on the HOF page and I read this:

http://www.hhof.com/htmlResCentre/rc00.shtml

"Near complete hockey magazine runs of The Hockey News, Hockey Pictorial, Hockey Digest, Sports Illustrated, Hockey Illustrated, Hockey Today, Hockey World, Goal Magazine, Beckett Hockey Monthly, NHL This Week, Les Canadiens, Inline Magazine, The Amateur Hockey Journal, American Hockey Magazine, Stanley Cup, The Stratford Files, etc...
Hockey publications on nearly every aspect of the game including teams, league and tournament histories, player biographies, coaching, international hockey, women's hockey, the Hockey Hall of Fame, the origin of the game, arenas, trades, trivia, etc...
Various programs from professional, amateur, women's, and international hockey league games and tournaments.
Biographical photo and press clipping files on teams, leagues, trophies, and individual players.
Near complete runs of media and statistical guides from domestic and international teams, leagues, drafts, and tournaments.
Microfiche collection of The Hockey News from 1947 through to 1987.
Various hockey videos featuring game action, coaching, scouting material, etc...
Binders of collectibles including hockey cards, schedules, tickets, and postcards.
Donated personal collections containing historic photos, clippings and statistics."

Has anyone ever been here? Is this a library that you can just go and visit or do you need to have some sort of pass?

They claim to have binders full of hockey cards I'd love to look through and old editions of hockey magazines.

Elever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 05:03 PM
Elever
Hth

vCash: 500
EDIT: I found this on a Toronto library website, I'm assuming it's free with an appointment. Anyone here had the chance to go?

"The Resource Centre is open to the public, by appointment for research from 10am to 4pm Monday through Friday, except on holidays. Access to the Resource Centre by appointments only. "

Elever is offline   Reply With Quote