HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

The Official 2013 Draft Thread

Closed Thread

Old
11-04-2012, 12:39 AM
DJB
Sens best prospect

vCash: 820
Not much draft talk of late.

Have to say, got to watch Nurse closely the other day and he is a great prospect that we could really use. A big, mean sob that plays the left side, loves to hit, plays the pk and skates super well for a big man. He skates better then Cowen and has better hands and he is 6'5. He would be a terrific compliment to Karlsson or Ceci in the future.

He reminds me of Pronger in the way he plays the game. Don't think he has Prongers high end offence, but he certainly plays the game similar otherwise.

Terrific prospect.

Last edited by DJB: 11-04-2012 at 12:45 AM.
Old
11-04-2012, 12:40 AM
DJB
Sens best prospect

There have been lots of recent updated draft lists from RLR, ISS and others, I'll see if I can scrounge up a couple.

Button: http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre/feature/?id=49649

ISS: http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre/feature/?id=9653

Old
11-04-2012, 09:16 AM
JonnyMacSen
Divide and Conacher

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJB View Post

Have to say, got to watch Nurse closely the other day and he is a great prospect that we could really use. A big, mean sob that plays the left side, loves to hit, plays the pk and skates super well for a big man. He skates better then Cowen and has better hands and he is 6'5. He would be a terrific compliment to Karlsson or Ceci in the future.

He reminds me of Pronger in the way he plays the game. Don't think he has Prongers high end offence, but he certainly plays the game similar otherwise.

Terrific prospect.
Agreed with all of this, he looks solid so far this year, definitely see the Pronger-style comparisons in his game.

One player I really like so far is Jason Dickinson in Guelph, really smooth with the puck and great hands and seems to be all over the ice and creating plays, can definitely see him moving up in the rankings by June.

Would love to hear what the Sudbury STH's here have to say about the teams draft eligible players, I've caught a few games on tv so far and I like what I've seen from Silk, Baptiste and Kubalik.

Last edited by JonnyMacSen: 11-04-2012 at 09:35 AM.
Old
11-04-2012, 09:30 AM
JonnyMacSen
Divide and Conacher

Also incase anyone didn't see this, the CHL Subway Super Series starts tomorrow on Sportsnet, team QMJHL and Russia both have a few high ranked draft players on each.

QMJHL: MacKinnon, Fucale, Murphy, Mantha, Drouin, Carrier + Francois Brassard

http://www.subwaysuperseries.ca/page/qmjhl-roster

Russia: Nichushkin, Yakimov, Zykov, Zadorov, Koledov

http://www.subwaysuperseries.ca/page/russia-roster

Old
11-06-2012, 08:35 PM
DJB
Sens best prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyMacSen View Post
Agreed with all of this, he looks solid so far this year, definitely see the Pronger-style comparisons in his game.

One player I really like so far is Jason Dickinson in Guelph, really smooth with the puck and great hands and seems to be all over the ice and creating plays, can definitely see him moving up in the rankings by June.

Would love to hear what the Sudbury STH's here have to say about the teams draft eligible players, I've caught a few games on tv so far and I like what I've seen from Silk, Baptiste and Kubalik.
I have heard good stuff about Dickinson, haven't caught one of his games this year but looking forward to seeing him.

Quote:
Also incase anyone didn't see this, the CHL Subway Super Series starts tomorrow on Sportsnet, team QMJHL and Russia both have a few high ranked draft players on each.

QMJHL: MacKinnon, Fucale, Murphy, Mantha, Drouin, Carrier + Francois Brassard

http://www.subwaysuperseries.ca/page/qmjhl-roster

Russia: Nichushkin, Yakimov, Zykov, Zadorov, Koledov

http://www.subwaysuperseries.ca/page/russia-roster
Been fun so far, really looking forward to the OHL series.

Old
11-06-2012, 10:02 PM
TheOriginalSilf*
@real_saundies

Quote:
Just seeing this now.

Brody Silk has been fairly impressive. He's got a good offensive skill set and is a fairly good skater. Notable hands. Not the strongest defensive minded forward, but it's something he can work on.

Nicholas Baptiste has been pretty under-whelming. He has great speed in open ice and great hands, to boot. Problem is that he lacks finish and isn't good at driving the net. He needs to bulk up as well as he can get knocked around quite easily. He's got a good skill set but I'd like to see him get bigger and gain a nose for the net to become more effective.

Dominik Kubalik is my man-crush player on the Wolves. Statistically, he hasn't shown much, but if you watch him in the play-time that he does get (not enough, IMO) he seems to always be doing things right. He's got a very strong forecheck and creates scoring chances with his relentlessness. He's a very good two-way player and I would be happy if he was a late round pick up for the Senators come June.

Old
11-13-2012, 12:46 PM
Berserker*

If we end up with the lottery pick, I think we should draft MacKinnon. MacKinnon has a ton of talent and we could use a number 1 c prospect in the system.

Aside from that, DJB's report on Nurse sounds interesting. Drafting either him of Kerby rychel would be good if we end up with a mid first round pick.

Or we could trade Bishop (either alone or in a package) and get another first round pick and draft both players.

Old
11-13-2012, 05:19 PM
WasTeD
Gettn Wiggy wit it

Send a message via Skype™ to WasTeD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser View Post
If we end up with the lottery pick, I think we should draft MacKinnon. MacKinnon has a ton of talent and we could use a number 1 c prospect in the system.

Aside from that, DJB's report on Nurse sounds interesting. Drafting either him of Kerby rychel would be good if we end up with a mid first round pick.

Or we could trade Bishop (either alone or in a package) and get another first round pick and draft both players.
Unless you plan on drafting 1st overall we're not going to get MacKinnon.

Old
11-13-2012, 06:07 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

vCash: 265
Quote:

Call BM make it happen

Old
11-13-2012, 07:02 PM
Berserker*

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveChrisNeil View Post
Unless you plan on drafting 1st overall we're not going to get MacKinnon.
I said if we end up with the lottery pick. The lottery pick = 1st overall pick. If the lock out lasts the full season then we have as good of a chance as any other team to land that pick.

Old
11-13-2012, 07:05 PM
WasTeD
Gettn Wiggy wit it

Quote:
I said if we end up with the lottery pick. The lottery pick = 1st overall pick. If the lock out lasts the full season then we have as good of a chance as any other team to land that pick.
If they do the ping pong balls, no, we wont. We will have 1 ball while other teams will have 2 or 3.

Old
11-18-2012, 05:37 AM
TheFatOne
Mr.Negativo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJB View Post

Terrific prospect.

He reminds me of Shawn Belle.

Old
11-18-2012, 07:17 PM
Karlssonlee

Quote:
Originally Posted by landskronala View Post
He reminds me of Shawn Belle.
I really like Nurse. And I don't think that's a fair comparisons.

The kid is much bigger than him. He's 6'5 And probably skates as well as Belle.

He's really worked on his offensive touch and is showing promise of becoming a two way threat as oppose to the shut down defenseman he was label as before. He will be an NHLer, just depends on what kind of role - unlike Belle

Old
11-18-2012, 07:49 PM
WasTeD
Gettn Wiggy wit it

Only think Nurse and Belle have in common is similar speed and color of skin.

Old
11-18-2012, 08:01 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveChrisNeil View Post
Only think Nurse and Belle have in common is similar speed and color of skin.

On a side note, I am excited there are 5 black prospects expected to go in the first round. I am glad to see the game diversifying.

Old
11-18-2012, 08:06 PM
WasTeD
Gettn Wiggy wit it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post

On a side note, I am excited there are 5 black prospects expected to go in the first round. I am glad to see the game diversifying.
And guys like Ho-Sang coming up too. Amazing too see.

Old
11-18-2012, 08:25 PM
benjiv1

Not sure if it was discussed, BUT, if Ottawa were to win the draft, who do we take?

Do you guys see MacKinnon as a generational talent or more of a Huberdeau?

Old
11-18-2012, 08:39 PM
WasTeD
Gettn Wiggy wit it

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjiv1 View Post
Not sure if it was discussed, BUT, if Ottawa were to win the draft, who do we take?

Do you guys see MacKinnon as a generational talent or more of a Huberdeau?
He's not a generational talent whatsoever but he's a franchise player you build around.

Old
11-18-2012, 09:19 PM
playasRus

Mackinnon or Jones?

I'd be thrilled with a top 5 pick this year if there's no season (if there is i'd rather we push for playoffs).

Outside of the top 5 I don't know if there's much hype around the other prospects.

Old
11-18-2012, 09:44 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

The top 10 keeps shuffling. We will be lucky if we happen to land in the top 10.

On a side note, Wikstrand gp22 g9 a6 pts15

Old
11-18-2012, 09:44 PM
WasTeD
Gettn Wiggy wit it

MacKinnon for me. He's gonna be a game breaking centreman.

Old
11-18-2012, 11:54 PM
DJB
Sens best prospect

I'd take McKinnon as well over Jones.

Old
11-19-2012, 12:24 AM
Lehner
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
me too, isnt even close for me..

Old
11-19-2012, 12:58 AM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

vCash: 50
I've been playing a lot of close attention to defenders early on before the draft especially guys like OEL, Klingberg, Klefbom who I chased from the start.

Here's this years Swedish star on defense: Hagg. This guy is currently ranked 17 by latest ISS ranking but this guy could be as high as top 5 by the end of the year. All-around amazing skating defender.

He would be perfect to snag if we get a top 10 pick.

Old
11-19-2012, 06:53 AM
JackBauer

On top of the obvious, the lockout completely ruins draft talk. We have no idea where we are tracking lottery-wise. We could draft 1st, we could draft 30th. Blah.

Closed Thread