HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Vladimir Tarasenko

Closed Thread

Old
11-13-2012, 06:48 PM
The Note
Bullies

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Liut View Post
Hitch said Tarasenko is 225-230 lbs and is dominating in the 2nd best league in the world
Idk where Hitch got 225. I know he was on the radio when he said that so it was spontaneous but idt he's ever been close to that weight.

Old
11-13-2012, 09:05 PM
Mike Liut

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Note View Post
Idk where Hitch got 225. I know he was on the radio when he said that so it was spontaneous but idt he's ever been close to that weight.

Yeah, it seems high to me too. He's probably 6'0 210-212

Old
11-13-2012, 09:48 PM
Yosemite Sam

Hitch just got him mixed up with Ovechkin.

Old
11-14-2012, 09:24 AM
Stepan Glass
HFBoards Sponsor

Tarasenko and Yakupov are leading the best league playing hockey in Goals per Game by a wide margin. Imagine what kind of attention these two young phenoms would be bringing to the NHL right now

Old
11-22-2012, 02:13 AM
Kshahdoo

Tarasenko + Kovy = a lot of fun!

Old
11-22-2012, 02:21 AM
Parise9Crosby87

wish he was coming back to new jersey

Old
01-07-2013, 03:28 PM
ZamboniZombie

Tarasenko?

Would it be better for him to stay in the KHL where he may be the best player or come to the NHL and be a solid second liner with the potential to be one of the best?

Old
01-07-2013, 03:33 PM
Zibanejad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZamboniZombie View Post
Would it be better for him to stay in the KHL where he may be the best player or come to the NHL and be a solid second liner with the potential to be one of the best?
he might end up 3rd line this year..

Old
01-07-2013, 03:34 PM
I Hate Chris Butler
Backlund Fan Club

vCash: 300
He has been in the KHL for years. A shortened season would be the ideal time to make the jump. He gets a taste of the best competition without an 82 game grind.

Old
01-07-2013, 03:43 PM
ZamboniZombie

I agree he should come to the NHL and play with the best. But it has to be tempting to know that you could stay and rule the KHL. Hopefully he understands that he will prgoress more by playing in the NHL.

Look out for the Blues if he comes back

Old
01-07-2013, 03:46 PM
Alklha

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZamboniZombie View Post
I agree he should come to the NHL and play with the best. But it has to be tempting to know that you could stay and rule the KHL. Hopefully he understands that he will prgoress more by playing in the NHL.

Look out for the Blues if he comes back
Tarasenko has spoken with the Blues and confirmed he'll be back in St. Louis this week, his KHL agent has also confirmed it.

Old
01-07-2013, 03:50 PM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

He's already said he's coming back. He should be in St. Louis on Friday. If he wanted to stay in Russia and be a bright star in the KHL, he certainly could. He's said multiple times that his dream is to play in the NHL, and there's a team and a city that would love to have him. It's not going to be rainbows and sunshine and him instantly averaging a point per game, there will be issues with culture change, rink size, play style, as well as language barriers, but he has his head on straight, and he's a hard worker so I don't expect too many transition issues. I remember he was confused when he was told by his agent that St. Louis was holding a press conference for his arrival. I think he will be pleasantly surprised by the ovation he receives when his name is announced for the first time at Scott Trade.

Old
01-07-2013, 04:32 PM
Fulcrum

This is absolutely the right time for Tarasenko to come to the NHL. One of the very few times I would say that for Russian prospects.

At this point, it's hard to imagine him not doing well. He would also be in good to great game shape and it should help him stand out early.

Old
01-07-2013, 04:36 PM
Bluesman91

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyMo35 View Post
He's already said he's coming back. He should be in St. Louis on Friday. If he wanted to stay in Russia and be a bright star in the KHL, he certainly could. He's said multiple times that his dream is to play in the NHL, and there's a team and a city that would love to have him. It's not going to be rainbows and sunshine and him instantly averaging a point per game, there will be issues with culture change, rink size, play style, as well as language barriers, but he has his head on straight, and he's a hard worker so I don't expect too many transition issues. I remember he was confused when he was told by his agent that St. Louis was holding a press conference for his arrival. I think he will be pleasantly surprised by the ovation he receives when his name is announced for the first time at Scott Trade.
This. He's still a kid. I'm not sure he realizes how many people are excited for him to come play for the Blues.

Old
01-07-2013, 09:26 PM
Yosemite Sam

Quote:
It's not going to be rainbows and sunshine and him instantly averaging a point per game, ...
If he plays with McDonald and Steen, as Hitchcock said he intends to try, I think this can actually happen. The kid is unreal.

Old
01-07-2013, 09:37 PM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosemite Sam View Post
If he plays with McDonald and Steen, as Hitchcock said he intends to try, I think this can actually happen. The kid is unreal.
He's talented, but this is his first year on North American ice, in a new country, with new teammates, new language, and a short training camp. I expect him to be around 20-30 points, picking it up towards the end and in the playoffs if the Blues make it. I just think he will need some time to adjust.

Old
01-08-2013, 12:10 AM
Mike Liut

vCash: 50
He is going to thrive in the Blues system. He fits their high energy style perfectly. I bet he and Oshie hit it off like two pees in a pod. He will learn how to play a 2 way game from some of the best in the league like Backes, Oshie, Steen, Berglund and Sobotka and from a great coach in Hitch.

Old
01-08-2013, 12:12 AM
Fulcrum

Quote:
He's talented, but this is his first year on North American ice, in a new country, with new teammates, new language, and a short training camp. I expect him to be around 20-30 points, picking it up towards the end and in the playoffs if the Blues make it. I just think he will need some time to adjust.
due to the short training camp he'll be atleast a step or two ahead of the league physically speaking. He's in mid-season game shape right now

Old
01-08-2013, 12:13 PM
Crumblin Erb Brooks

Didnt even play in SKAs game today.

Old
01-08-2013, 12:27 PM
Daley Tarasenkshow
#hateonbackes

Quote:
I could not agree more, I think he will love it in STL.

Old
01-08-2013, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Liut View Post
He is going to thrive in the Blues system. He fits their high energy style perfectly. I bet he and Oshie hit it off like two pees in a pod. He will learn how to play a 2 way game from some of the best in the league like Backes, Oshie, Steen, Berglund and Sobotka and from a great coach in Hitch.
Something tells me he's going to end up playing with Berglund and they're going to do well together. Berglund has some untapped offense left and Tarasekno is just the player to get it out of him.

Old
01-08-2013, 12:38 PM
Crumblin Erb Brooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by #66 View Post
Something tells me he's going to end up playing with Berglund and they're going to do well together. Berglund has some untapped offense left and Tarasekno is just the player to get it out of him.
Hitchcock liked Steen as his center during the summer, but I do agree that I think him and Berglund would be good for each other. Bergy needs a winger who can push the play and Tarasenko needs a big center to create space for him and cover his ass in the defensive zone.

Old
01-08-2013, 12:48 PM
KlattNazty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumblin Erb Brooks View Post
Hitchcock liked Steen as his center during the summer, but I do agree that I think him and Berglund would be good for each other. Bergy needs a winger who can push the play and Tarasenko needs a big center to create space for him and cover his ass in the defensive zone.
Yeah I agree. Could see Stewart McDonald or steen riding with that tandem and being effective

Old
01-12-2013, 12:55 AM
Vinny Bombatz

Vladimir Tarasenko

How good is he...Does he crack St-Louis top 6 and put up decent points?

Old
01-12-2013, 01:10 AM
Jtown

I think he is about as talented a forward st. Louis has had in a long time. That being said i dont know how he fits into Hitchcock's system. His system is greater than any 1 individual.

Closed Thread