HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Crazy new Sports bar coming to ByWard Market from MLSE?

Old
11-13-2012, 03:37 PM
Minister of Offence

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohhh Franco View Post
I really dont understand the posters mocking those who have stated that they wont support Real Sports. What's the deal? You spend hours and hours and have thousands and thousands of posts mostly about the Ottawa Senators, but you now take the load road and mock those who are putting their money where their mouths/heart are.
Some of us only take our fandom so seriously.

Love hockey, love to watch it, love to analyze, love the rhetoric here, grew up in Ottawa, live here, so I have a team that I sincerely feel stress for when playoffs roll around.

But I'd shake Gilmour or Sundin's hand if I ever got the chance. And if the bar is a good product I'll probably end up there without giving a crap who owns it just like any other bar I frequent.

Those on your side of this argument just look dumber for that crap Wilder whatever said about only real Sens fans won't go there. That's all. You can do what you want.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 03:38 PM
mat_sens
@mat_sens #lalala

Quote:
I really dont understand the posters mocking those who have stated that they wont support Real Sports. What's the deal? You spend hours and hours and have thousands and thousands of posts mostly about the Ottawa Senators, but you now take the low road and mock those who are putting their money where their mouths/heart are.
It's funny because either way, probably most of the stuff you do or buy is somehow linked to the leafs. Will you stop watching TSN and Sportsnet?

mat_sens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 03:38 PM
Indy on the Road
From the ground up

Quote:
I really dont understand the posters mocking those who have stated that they wont support Real Sports. What's the deal? You spend hours and hours and have thousands and thousands of posts mostly about the Ottawa Senators, but you now take the low road and mock those who are putting their money where their mouths/heart are.
I have no issue with Sens fan refusing to go there.

It's strange to look down on a Sens fan who is planning on trying out this new bar though.

Indy on the Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 03:44 PM
Ohhh Franco

Quote:
Originally Posted by mat_sens View Post
It's funny because either way, probably most of the stuff you do or buy is somehow linked to the leafs. Will you stop watching TSN and Sportsnet?
Round and round we go!!!

Jesus.

I've been pushing the fact that when given an option, I think it'd be amazing if Sens fans supported Ottawa establishments and not the soulless mega corporation who's coming in here for no other reason than to grab as much $$ as possible. Oh, and they're directly linked to OUR team's biggest rival. Im a big proponent of supporting local as much as possible...

Ohhh Franco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 03:50 PM
hockeyalltheway
Get well soon, GMBM.

Quote:
We're not mocking him for having convictions. We're mocking him for calling us bad Sens fans because we want to go to a bar and watch our team play.

11-13-2012, 03:54 PM
Legend Killer

Quote:
BECAUSE YOU HAVE OPENLY SUPPORTED THE ONE IN TORONTO!

To us, they are the same... SAME OWNER. How you dont understsnd that is whats more ridiculous.

Legend Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 03:56 PM
Ohhh Franco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer View Post

To us, they are the same... SAME OWNER. How you dont understsnd that is whats more ridiculous.
Round and round. Welcome to HF Boards!

Old
11-13-2012, 03:59 PM
hockeyalltheway
Get well soon, GMBM.

Quote:
Round and round. Welcome to HF Boards!
Using your logic, you had the option to go elsewhere, to a place not owned by MLSE. Yet, you chose to do it.

hockeyalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 04:00 PM
Indy on the Road
From the ground up

MLSE used Ohhh Franco's $12 bill of caesar salad and a coke to sign Tim Connolly.

Indy on the Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 04:07 PM
Ohhh Franco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawa Senators Fan View Post
MLSE used Ohhh Franco's $12 bill of caesar salad and a coke to sign Tim Connolly.
Its the premise/idea.

Old
11-13-2012, 04:16 PM
Ohhh Franco

Quote:

"Supported" or been to a hand full of times? Jesus. It's not the same at all - AT ALL!!!!!
I've learned quite a bit about Sens fans and HF posters through this debate/argument.

Regardless, I hope you all enjoy it and have fun. Im glad I've gotten some of you all riled up and made you think about it.....

Old
11-13-2012, 04:31 PM
Legend Killer

Quote:
"Supported" or been to a hand full of times? Jesus. It's not the same at all - AT ALL!!!!!
I've learned quite a bit about Sens fans and HF posters through this debate/argument.

Regardless, I hope you all enjoy it and have fun. Im glad I've gotten some of you all riled up and made you think about it.....
So if I go to the one in Ottawa one time to try it... Am I still a real Sens fan?

Legend Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 06:32 PM
WilderPegasus*
A REAL Senators fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
Those on your side of this argument just look dumber for that crap Wilder whatever said about only real Sens fans won't go there. That's all. You can do what you want.
There's no need to insult me to justify you turning your back on the Senators by going to a Leafs bar.

WilderPegasus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 06:32 PM
WilderPegasus*
A REAL Senators fan.

Quote:
So if I go to the one in Ottawa one time to try it... Am I still a real Sens fan?
Nope. But you do become a real traitor.

Old
11-13-2012, 06:48 PM
Icelevel
Best Coaches Coach

All things equal,
If there were 2 bars next to each other, one owned by ottawa residents and senators fans and the other owned by toronto residents and maple leaf fans, which one do you go to?

Sounds like a dumb question i know.

So the answer changes when the maple leafs bar is a little shinier?

Icelevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 06:54 PM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawa Senators Fan View Post
So... the strategy is to actively support MLSE bars as Sens fans so that the Leafs waste $4.5 mil of their cap space to desperately sign ineffective players that don't fit their system?

BonkTastic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 06:55 PM
PeterSidorkiewicz
Original *** allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelevel View Post
All things equal,
If there were 2 bars next to each other, one owned by ottawa residents and senators fans and the other owned by toronto residents and maple leaf fans, which one do you go to?

If one bar is owned by a large Ottawa based corporation and the other is owned by a small local business owner who happens to be a Maple Leaf fan in Ottawa, which one would you go to? Honest hypothetical question, because personally I love to support small business over the alternative, and I'd probably pick the small business owner regardless of his fandom. This all really depends who has the best beers on tap too.

I think the argument of supporting local over big conglomerate is a more compelling argument in this thread than what is being argued.

PeterSidorkiewicz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 06:56 PM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelevel View Post
All things equal,

All things equal, the Sens bar.

But if the Sens bar is like... a Denny's, and the Leafs bar is the s****iest digs in s****town, then hockey allegiances are out the door.

BonkTastic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 07:01 PM
Ohhh Franco

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterSidorkiewicz View Post
I think the argument of supporting local over big conglomerate is a more compelling argument in this thread than what is being argued.
Thank you!

Old
11-13-2012, 07:08 PM
WilderPegasus*
A REAL Senators fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterSidorkiewicz View Post
If one bar is owned by a large Ottawa based corporation and the other is owned by a small local business owner who happens to be a Maple Leaf fan in Ottawa, which one would you go to? Honest hypothetical question, because personally I love to support small business over the alternative, and I'd probably pick the small business owner regardless of his fandom. This all really depends who has the best beers on tap too.

It is one thing if the owner is a Leafs fan. But it is quite another if the place is owned by the unholy trinity of Rogers, Bell and the Leafs. That place is a hellspawn in the market.

I wouldn't support a place with connections to any one of the three much less all of them.

Old
11-13-2012, 07:08 PM
Do Make Say Think
Soul & Onward

I mam very confused after reading this topic, you guys are all kidding right? There's no way someone is going to call out someone for going somwhere that is owned by MLSE right?

Do Make Say Think is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 07:11 PM
WilderPegasus*
A REAL Senators fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Guy View Post
I mam very confused after reading this topic, you guys are all kidding right? There's no way someone is going to call out someone for going somwhere that is owned by MLSE right?
Yes, I would. Those that go there aren't just bad Sens fans. They're bad people in general. Good people wouldn't support the devil's trinity of Bell, Rogers and the Leafs.

Old
11-13-2012, 07:13 PM
Gil Gunderson

vCash: 767
Damn fine troll job.

Gil Gunderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 07:15 PM
PeterSidorkiewicz
Original *** allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilderPegasus View Post
It is one thing if the owner is a Leafs fan. But it is quite another if the place is owned by the unholy trinity of Rogers, Bell and the Leafs. That place is a hellspawn in the market.

I wouldn't support a place with connections to any one of the three much less all of them.
I think everything is on a case by case basis. Myself, I prefer taverns, hole in the walls with microbrews on tap, etc over the big sports bar style owned by a large corporation. I feel like those places tend to overcharge a lot too, and is just not my scene in general.

I've traveled to quite a few arena's for Ottawa games and I tend to find a lot of large cookie cutter sports bars right next to the arena to not be that good. If you do some internet or even an app like yelp research, you can find some cool bars close by that a lot of the "local" fans go to, you meet some cool people and usually have a good time.

If I lived in your area and some huge bar came to town, I'd definitely at least check it out though. I'd be way too curious not to.

PeterSidorkiewicz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 07:19 PM
Ohhh Franco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil Gunderson View Post
There's no way this isn't a troll.
Nope, there's actually quite a few people who feel that way. I've had numerous conversations with many different groups of people about this.

When I think of MLSE: I think of a massive, coldblooded, spiritless organization that operates the Toronto Maple Leafs.

When I think of the Toronto Maple Leafs: I think of an arrogant, pompous, conceited organization and fan base. They disgust me.