HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Ranking Junior tournaments

Old
11-13-2012, 02:52 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

vCash: 500
Ranking Junior tournaments

Got a question. The Nashville Jr. Preds have been invited to another hockey tourny and I was wondering how BIG are these tournaments?

They won the Silver Sticks. They were invited to World Championship of Peewee Hockey Quebec International Tournament. Also another Nashville team won a Team USA tournament.

How BIG are these tournaments?

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 03:24 PM
cagney
cdojdmccjajgejncjaba

The two tournaments you mention are very highly regarded. That said, they host many different divisions with different levels of play. The Nashville Jr. Predators are an 'AA' level team, so they almost certainly wouldn't be playing in the better divisions in those tournaments.

cagney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 03:30 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

I'm not totally sure but they are making a big deal of it of it. I was wondering HOW big a deal it was. I worked as an athletic trainer for 4 years in Tennessee and it was frustrating looking up at 12 yr olds. (I'm 5'8") It's like being a hobbit living in that area. Freakish genetic stock, now the first generation of kids who have played hockey their whole lives are coming up and they are beginning to show it.

I made the comment 5 yrs ago that if the south grabbed on to hockey you would see a Shea Weber in the draft every yr.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 05:51 PM
whatsupcomrade*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
I'm not totally sure but they are making a big deal of it of it. I was wondering HOW big a deal it was. I worked as an athletic trainer for 4 years in Tennessee and it was frustrating looking up at 12 yr olds. (I'm 5'8") It's like being a hobbit living in that area. Freakish genetic stock, now the first generation of kids who have played hockey their whole lives are coming up and they are beginning to show it.

I made the comment 5 yrs ago that if the south grabbed on to hockey you would see a Shea Weber in the draft every yr.
lol

we've been waiting for this wave of american supermen for years (decades) and they keep falling short. Sort of like the world juniors: every year, these american supermen are going to monopolize the game and win every contest by 10 goals (there are some people at hockey canada who might actually want that to happen as it would be "growing the game") but it never occurs. You people seriously need to get over yourselves.

Canadians can be bad when it comes to hockey, but americans are like the worst kind of canadian hockey fans - except they're that way about everything.

whatsupcomrade* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 06:34 PM
funktasticblues93

Send a message via Yahoo to funktasticblues93
You people? what do you mean by you people.......we need to have a house meetin ya'll.

funktasticblues93 is offline   Reply With Quote