HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Kirill Kabanov to NJ

Old
11-13-2012, 03:35 PM
tuckrr

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by seafoam View Post
No way the Flyers offer that...
Just did

Seriously though, we didnt even get a shot to draft Kabanov...
(No picks that year)

tuckrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 05:54 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckrr View Post
Flyers offer 2013 1st or decent prospect (Cousins) + 2nd

Hartnell -Giroux - Briere
Kabanov - Schenn - Voracek
Simmonds - Cooter - Read
Sestito - Fedotenko - Talbot

Cooter/Schenn are interchangeable, but Voracek + Kabanov would be filthy

No interest in a decent prospect+ 2nd. For what? so that decent prospect gets caught in a numbers game, behind better NYI prospects?

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 08:28 PM
tuckrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
No interest in a decent prospect+ 2nd. For what? so that decent prospect gets caught in a numbers game, behind better NYI prospects?
I feel like cousins + a 2nd is pretty good value, all things considered

Old
11-14-2012, 01:59 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
I feel like cousins + a 2nd is pretty good value, all things considered
Isles have several prospects with higher upside then Cousiins, blocking his way. He holds zero appeal.

That Flyer 2nd...how many yrs will the NYI be waiting, for that player to develop and contribute at the NHL level? 3-5 yrs is a reasonable guess, if that pick ever contributes. Meanwhile, 20 yr old Kabanov was off to a good start in his ahl rookie season, before the forearm injury.Isles couldn't care less about maturity isses from the 2010 training camp.

In 2014, both Moulson and Bailey are ufas. KO and Grabner, start making the big bucks on their contract starting in 2014-2015. Isles will have some decisions to make on those 4 players, will be looking for some of their cheaper young forwards to step in.

Also, no interest in sending any division rival, a big, skilled forward. Makes no sense imo.

Old
11-14-2012, 03:17 PM
tuckrr

Quote:
Isles have several prospects with higher upside then Cousiins, blocking his way. He holds zero appeal.

That Flyer 2nd...how many yrs will the NYI be waiting, for that player to develop and contribute at the NHL level? 3-5 yrs is a reasonable guess, if that pick ever contributes. Meanwhile, 20 yr old Kabanov was off to a good start in his ahl rookie season, before the forearm injury.Isles couldn't care less about maturity isses from the 2010 training camp.

In 2014, both Moulson and Bailey are ufas. KO and Grabner, start making the big bucks on their contract starting in 2014-2015. Isles will have some decisions to make on those 4 players, will be looking for some of their cheaper young forwards to step in.

Also, no interest in sending any division rival, a big, skilled forward. Makes no sense imo.
then take the 1st

Old
11-14-2012, 03:41 PM
KidLine93

Quote:
I'm pretty calm. I save my rants for relocation debates, team jersey arguments and logo arguments
Your team needed to relocate arenas since your current one is even worse than Rexall Place (which is garbage as is)
Your white jerseys and blue jerseys look unreal and the logo is is unique, which i like
your 3rd jerseys are an absolute joke

not sure how its possible to be an Oiler fan and like the Islanders, but i do

KidLine93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 03:41 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
then take the 1st
Flyers will have what, 1 weighted lottery ball?

That pick is likely to be 20th-30th.

I'd rather see 1 or 2 of the young nhlers+ 1-2 quality prospects moved in a major trade, for an impact player.One who can contribute now, as opposed to several yrs down the road.

Old
11-14-2012, 03:44 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidLine93 View Post
Your team needed to relocate arenas since your current one is even worse than Rexall Place (which is garbage as is)
Your white jerseys and blue jerseys look unreal and the logo is is unique, which i like
your 3rd jerseys are an absolute joke

not sure how its possible to be an Oiler fan and like the Islanders, but i do
I hate the 3rd jerseys.

I don't even want to hear talk, about changing the name after the Brooklyn move.

Old
11-14-2012, 04:06 PM
tuckrr

Quote:
Flyers will have what, 1 weighted lottery ball?

That pick is likely to be 20th-30th.

I'd rather see 1 or 2 of the young nhlers+ 1-2 quality prospects moved in a major trade, for an impact player.One who can contribute now, as opposed to several yrs down the road.
Obviously you like KK, and don't want him to move. But a 1st is very good value for him, he does have baggage (motivation issues, russian factor, etc)

You may be confident he will reach his potential (and I would likely agree), but a 1st is an overpayment for KK at this point in time. No doubt.

Old
11-14-2012, 04:17 PM
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!

Quote:
Obviously you like KK, and don't want him to move. But a 1st is very good value for him, he does have baggage (motivation issues, russian factor, etc)

You may be confident he will reach his potential (and I would likely agree), but a 1st is an overpayment for KK at this point in time. No doubt.
A 1st for Kabanov? I'd do it. I like him and I think he has potential, but that's too much to pass up.

The main point is that the Isles have had quite a few draft picks since the start of their rebuild and are at the stage where potential needs to be replaced with actual production. Like him or not, KK is at the stage where he could make the Isles in the near future... IF he even makes it at all. Obviously that's up to him with his play, but he's much further along in his development compared to some unknown draft selection that probably won't be in the top half of the draft according to the math of a lottery.

The Isles have assembled quite a few bodies for a finite number of spots so decisions will need to be made in a year or two, that's when I could see the Isles unloading someone like KK. Now is probably not the right time.

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 04:20 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:

It's not that I don't want KK traded. I just don't think it's the type of deal that Snow is looking for.
In the last 3 drafts, Strang/Botta/Staples reported on Snow's draft strategy: trying to move his 18 yr old lottery pick, for a player 20-22 yrs old, with similar upside. Snow was trying to speed up his rebuild.

I think it's unlikely, he looks to trade a 20 yr old playing well in the AHL, for a pick. Even a 20th-30th overall. I would expect one of KK/Strome/Nino/Nelson will be part of a package, in a major deal for a 20 something nhler.

Old
11-14-2012, 04:24 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
A 1st for Kabanov? I'd do it. I like him and I think he has potential, but that's too much to pass up.

The main point is that the Isles have had quite a few draft picks since the start of their rebuild and are at the stage where potential needs to be replaced with actual production. Like him or not, KK is at the stage where he could make the Isles in the near future... IF he even makes it at all. Obviously that's up to him with his play, but he's much further along in his development compared to some unknown draft selection that probably won't be in the top half of the draft according to the math of a lottery.

The Isles have assembled quite a few bodies for a finite number of spots so decisions will need to be made in a year or two, that's when I could see the Isles unloading someone like KK. Now is probably not the right time.
I'm expecting 2-4 trade chips, to be moved in a major deal. I'd rather get an impact player off the ufa market, but with the team's lack of on ice success, I think Snow will have to go the trade route.

Old
11-14-2012, 05:03 PM
StrongIslanders90

The Isles dont need anymore Picks or Prospects. The only way they Trade Kabby and/or any other prospect is if they are part of a package for an establish NHL player.

None of our prospects alone have enough value to give us the player/s we would need.

Our system is DEEP and we are not lacking in any Particular area. Mayby On the Wing, but even that I wouldnt call a weakness.

StrongIslanders90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 05:09 PM
StrongIslanders90

Quote:

His talent level is/was 1st round talent. Since his first training camp years ago he has had no problems of the ice and is developing nice. Why would we train a player with his size skill and a lot closer to NHL ready then a 17 or 18 year old question mark that would most likley be a late first.

The Russian factor for him is very minimal. Hes already playing pro for the organization in NA

We dont need to trade Prospects for other prospects or Picks.

StrongIslanders90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 05:38 PM
rikker

the Isles are strong everywhere. nt so much on the wing, but wwe have at least 6 centers that could be great to good.

KK for Merrill?

i was thinking of Larsson originally, but to get him, we may have to add a 3rd or 4th ...

rikker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 06:50 PM
Yashintangibles
6 Million Dollar Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikker View Post
the Isles are strong everywhere. nt so much on the wing, but wwe have at least 6 centers that could be great to good.

KK for Merrill?

i was thinking of Larsson originally, but to get him, we may have to add a 3rd or 4th ...
Devils have very high expectations for Jon. In a Devils perspective, KK for Merril would mean Kabanov is likely to be a decent top 6 forward and very close to NHL ready. We're not here yet.

I won't answer about Larsson because you were not serious.

Yashintangibles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 08:42 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikker View Post

KK for Merrill?
Merrill is unlikely to be moved. I don't think the Devils are looking to flip defensive prospects for forward prospects. If it were for someone established, that might be different.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 07:45 AM
GM17*
ALL HAIL LORD FISH

no thanks.

GM17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 11:59 AM
Benedict Kovalchuk
Kovalchuk: A spy?

Quote:

I'm an Islanders fan, I like KK, and I totally agree with you that it a 1st would be an overpayment. The 1st rounder pick could be used as better leverage than KK could in a bigger trade, and even if it wasn't flipped again in a trade it is still an excellent trade for the Islanders.

Benedict Kovalchuk is offline   Reply With Quote