HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Off-season Madness the 3rd: Jeffrey Loria taketh and Jeffrey Loria giveth away

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-13-2012, 08:36 PM
  #26
Quik
Agent 0091
 
Quik's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Unknown
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,819
vCash: 500
Hurt, look a couple posts above yours for what could probably be the line-up

TML- I think he's as good as gone at this point, he's redundant with Buck and TDA. Unless they move Buck, but JPA's got more value and Buck's deal is up after this year, making him the perfect place-holder for TDA (so long as AA doesn't make any promises this time round, lol)

Quik is offline  
Old
11-13-2012, 08:38 PM
  #27
ryno23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,336
vCash: 500
I feel for all Marlins fan as Expos fans know Loria is a tool. Next year there is only 2 players making over 1 million on the payroll. Ricky Nolasco will make 9 mil and Greg Dobbs will make 1.5 mil. Word is Nolasco is next to move. I think their payroll could be under 20 mil for a season. With that payroll I think I could own a team haha

ryno23 is offline  
Old
11-13-2012, 08:38 PM
  #28
Hurt
Global Moderator
 
Hurt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,262
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quik View Post
Hurt, look a couple posts above yours for what could probably be the line-up

TML- I think he's as good as gone at this point, he's redundant with Buck and TDA. Unless they move Buck, but JPA's got more value and Buck's deal is up after this year, making him the perfect place-holder for TDA (so long as AA doesn't make any promises this time round, lol)
Yeah just saw it after I posted. Thanks! Looks pretty solid.

__________________
Shoot me a PM with your concerns. Also, come visit us in the Science Forum!
Hurt is offline  
Old
11-13-2012, 08:38 PM
  #29
p.l.f.
mvp
 
p.l.f.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Toronto, CANADA
Posts: 33,909
vCash: 500
thinking around is

reyes
bonifacio
bautista
encarnacion

gose and davis 9th

that speed 9 thru 2 unreal

p.l.f. is offline  
Old
11-13-2012, 08:39 PM
  #30
Oilbleeder
Moderator
Lead us to glory.
 
Oilbleeder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Oil Country
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,381
vCash: 81
How about LF Ryan Ludwick for a year or two?

.275/.346/.531 this year. 26 HRs. Not sure how much he's asking (mutually declined a 5M option with the Reds).

__________________
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/nemesis15/QuadSig-OB.gif <-- Credit goes to The Nemesis.
Oilbleeder is offline  
Old
11-13-2012, 08:40 PM
  #31
Buddio
CFC
 
Buddio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Rogers Centre
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,406
vCash: 900
Quote:
Interesting. Potential batting line up?
1. Reyes SS
2. Rasmus OF
3. J19 OF
4. EE DH
5. Lawrie 3B
6. Lind 1B
7. J.P/Buck C
8. Bonifocio OF
9. Izturis 2B

Buddio is offline  
Old
11-13-2012, 08:41 PM
  #32
Dr.Funk
Registered User
 
Dr.Funk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Swaggerville
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,345
vCash: 1060
Quote:
Originally Posted by p.l.f. View Post
thinking around is

reyes
bonifacio
bautista
encarnacion

gose and davis 9th

that speed 9 thru 2 unreal
With Bonafacio here Gose probably won't be with the big team since Bonafacio plays LF (as well as 2B, 3B and SS).

Dr.Funk is offline  
Old
11-13-2012, 08:41 PM
  #33
MentalPowerHouse
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 576
vCash: 500
I like Lawrie at Leadoff and Reyes at 2nd spot. Reyes is a switch hitter. Otherwise we will end up with a bunch of right hander hitters in a row. I would go with:

Lawrie (3b) R
Reyes (SS) S
Joey Batts (RF) R
E5 (1b) R
Lind vs Righters and Buck vs Lefties (DH) L or R
JP or Buck (C) R
Rasmus (CF) L
Whoever we start at 2b (2b) S
Davis or Gose (LF) R

Until Lawrie shows more power I don`t want him at the 5 hole.

MentalPowerHouse is offline  
Old
11-13-2012, 08:41 PM
  #34
weems
Registered User
 
weems's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,503
vCash: 500

weems is offline  
Old
11-13-2012, 08:41 PM
  #35
Brody
Brooklyn ✔
 
Brody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Wales
Posts: 6,956
vCash: 24591
Quote:
Originally Posted by dredeye View Post
Nope
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurt View Post
I don't use Twitter, I assume some others don't as well. What are they saying?
It was just on TSN after the Raps game, but I didn't see the players name the tweet was: "Alright, I'm pissed off!!!!!!!!!!!!!" or something like that

Brody is offline  
Old
11-13-2012, 08:42 PM
  #36
topched
Registered User
 
topched's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,112
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MentalPowerHouse View Post
I like Lawrie at Leadoff and Reyes at 2nd spot. Reyes is a switch hitter. Otherwise we will end up with a bunch of right hander hitters in a row. I would go with:

Lawrie (3b) R
Reyes (SS) S
Joey Batts (RF) R
E5 (1b) R
Lind vs Righters and Buck vs Lefties (DH) L or R
JP or Buck (C) R
Rasmus (CF) L
Whoever we start at 2b (2b) S
Davis or Gose (LF) R
Reyes leads off and there is 100% no question about it.

If you want to break anything up, you continue hitting Rasmus 2nd.

topched is offline  
Old
11-13-2012, 08:43 PM
  #37
Dr.Funk
Registered User
 
Dr.Funk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Swaggerville
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,345
vCash: 1060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilbleeder View Post
How about LF Ryan Ludwick for a year or two?

.275/.346/.531 this year. 26 HRs. Not sure how much he's asking (mutually declined a 5M option with the Reds).

With the acquisition of Bonafacio I expect that we have our LF now with himself and Davis.

Dr.Funk is offline  
Old
11-13-2012, 08:43 PM
  #38
topched
Registered User
 
topched's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,112
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brody View Post
It was just on TSN after the Raps game, but I didn't see the players name the tweet was: "Alright, I'm pissed off!!!!!!!!!!!!!" or something like that
That was Giancarlo "don't call me Mike" Stanton.

He is a current and still Marlins player who is pissed off that his team just mailed in the next half decade of baseball.

topched is offline  
Old
11-13-2012, 08:43 PM
  #39
Dr.Funk
Registered User
 
Dr.Funk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Swaggerville
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,345
vCash: 1060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brody View Post
It was just on TSN after the Raps game, but I didn't see the players name the tweet was: "Alright, I'm pissed off!!!!!!!!!!!!!" or something like that

It was Giancarlo Stanton.

Dr.Funk is offline  
Old
11-13-2012, 08:43 PM
  #40
DeputyMcLaren
Registered User
 
DeputyMcLaren's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Kingston Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 732
vCash: 500
Unreal trade so pumped, and LOL at Giancarlo Stanton, haha, poor guy!......GET IT DONE AA, re-unite Stanton!!!

DeputyMcLaren is offline  
Old
11-13-2012, 08:44 PM
  #41
TheTotalPackage
Registered User
 
TheTotalPackage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,403
vCash: 500
Look forward to seeing the press conference introducing these guys in Blue Jays jerseys.

TheTotalPackage is offline  
Old
11-13-2012, 08:44 PM
  #42
Everlong
-
 
Everlong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,839
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by topched View Post
Reyes leads off and there is 100% no question about it.

If you want to break anything up, you continue hitting Rasmus 2nd.
Agreed. Lawrie makes more contact which opens more options to play hit and run in the 5th/6th spot.

That being said I think both Lawrie and Rasmus end up in the middle of the order. Izturis/Bonafacio hitting 2nd.

Everlong is online now  
Old
11-13-2012, 08:44 PM
  #43
MentalPowerHouse
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 576
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by topched View Post
Reyes leads off and there is 100% no question about it.

If you want to break anything up, you continue hitting Rasmus 2nd.
I don't see what the big difference between batting 1st and 2nd is? I'd rather Lawrie be up there than Rasmus.

MentalPowerHouse is offline  
Old
11-13-2012, 08:44 PM
  #44
Hurt
Global Moderator
 
Hurt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,262
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by topched View Post
That was Giancarlo "don't call me Mike" Stanton.

He is a current and still Marlins player who is pissed off that his team just mailed in the next half decade of baseball.
I'd be pissed too if I was a 22 year old star who pretty much just got abandoned on the Marlins with most of the big boys getting traded.

Hurt is offline  
Old
11-13-2012, 08:45 PM
  #45
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster
 
dredeye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,747
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilbleeder View Post
How about LF Ryan Ludwick for a year or two?

.275/.346/.531 this year. 26 HRs. Not sure how much he's asking (mutually declined a 5M option with the Reds).
He's who I was hoping for when he declined the option but apparently he wants to stay put.

dredeye is offline  
Old
11-13-2012, 08:45 PM
  #46
ryno23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,336
vCash: 500
Reyes-SS
Bonofacio -2
Bautista -rf
EE -1b
DH
Lawrie -3b
Rasmus -CF
JPA -C
Davis/Gose -LF

Reyes and Bonifacio 1-2 with speed are perfect for the top of the order both get on base and work the count. Rasmus and Lawrie move into a run producer role better suited to them.

If the could get a power left handed bat to DH or play LF that would make the middle of the order stupid crazy

ryno23 is offline  
Old
11-13-2012, 08:46 PM
  #47
Sokil
Ukraine Specialitsky
 
Sokil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 5,825
vCash: 500
havent been this happy since Glaus, Burnett, and BJ Ryan

Sokil is online now  
Old
11-13-2012, 08:46 PM
  #48
p.l.f.
mvp
 
p.l.f.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Toronto, CANADA
Posts: 33,909
vCash: 500
lawrie - reyes or reyes lawrie - would be cool top of the order only cuz theyre both so pumped

p.l.f. is offline  
Old
11-13-2012, 08:47 PM
  #49
p.l.f.
mvp
 
p.l.f.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Toronto, CANADA
Posts: 33,909
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryno23 View Post
Reyes-SS
Bonofacio -2
Bautista -rf
EE -1b
DH
Lawrie -3b
Rasmus -CF
JPA -C
Davis/Gose -LF

Reyes and Bonifacio 1-2 with speed are perfect for the top of the order both get on base and work the count. Rasmus and Lawrie move into a run producer role better suited to them.

If the could get a power left handed bat to DH or play LF that would make the middle of the order stupid crazy
thats how i see it. yup
but trade JPA for the DH

p.l.f. is offline  
Old
11-13-2012, 08:48 PM
  #50
Sokil
Ukraine Specialitsky
 
Sokil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 5,825
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MentalPowerHouse View Post
I don't see what the big difference between batting 1st and 2nd is? I'd rather Lawrie be up there than Rasmus.
Reyes is a base stealing machine, better have him up first than Lawrie

Sokil is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:31 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.