HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

12/13' Offseason/Trades/Proposals: Leafs players and picks for a 1st. line ...

Closed Thread

Old
11-13-2012, 12:32 PM
Thee Implication
Gaaaaary Roberts!

vCash: 891
How much cap space will we have if we don't sign anyone but Lupul?

Old
11-13-2012, 12:51 PM
Marco Esquandolas
Registered Abuser

vCash: 1170
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedsToronto View Post
Depends how much Lupul signs for, and if there are any changes to the cap with the new CBA, but as it stands now we have $10.48M in cap space, minus Lombardi ($3.5M), Connolly ($4.75M), Bozak ($1.5M), Steckel ($1.1M) and MacArthur ($3.25M).... which would leave us around $24.6M in cap space.

EDIT: of course that's before any call-ups to fill the 6923603 holes left up front, but it gives us a lot of room to play around with if some big names reach UFA status next summer.

Last edited by Marco Esquandolas: 11-13-2012 at 01:02 PM.
Old
11-13-2012, 01:11 PM
Thee Implication
Gaaaaary Roberts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Stallone View Post
Depends how much Lupul signs for, and if there are any changes to the cap with the new CBA, but as it stands now we have $10.48M in cap space, minus Lombardi ($3.5M), Connolly ($4.75M), Bozak ($1.5M), Steckel ($1.1M) and MacArthur ($3.25M).... which would leave us around $24.6M in cap space.

EDIT: of course that's before any call-ups to fill the 6923603 holes left up front, but it gives us a lot of room to play around with if some big names reach UFA status next summer.
I remember really wanting Ville Leino. Heh

$5.5 for Lupul for 2 years maybe?

Old
11-13-2012, 01:37 PM
CG14

vCash: 500
Not that its any surprise, but a confirmatory quote from Elliotte Friedman
Quote:
I think the only members of the Canucks organization who haven't scouted the Toronto Marlies are the Odds.
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/opin...contracts.html

Old
11-13-2012, 02:07 PM
leugangen

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG14 View Post

Interesting, but has me worried - does this mean that Kadri, Colborne, or Gardiner would have to go the other way in a Lou deal?

Old
11-13-2012, 02:19 PM
Rare Jewel
Patience

Quote:
Originally Posted by leugangen View Post
Interesting, but has me worried - does this mean that Kadri, Colborne, or Gardiner would have to go the other way in a Lou deal?
Kadri is most likely of that bunch, Gardiner isn't going anywhere.

If any thing it tells me their looking beyond the obvious candidates. Players like D'amigo, Blacker, Mckegg.

Old
11-13-2012, 02:28 PM
SeenSchenn2
Have Faith GLG

Quote:
Originally Posted by leugangen View Post
Gardiner's a no go, Kadri I'd be reluctant to include in a Luongo deal.

Colborne I like, but I'd move him in a Luongo deal.

Old
11-13-2012, 02:38 PM
frankthetank91

Bozak,Kadri or Colborne and a 2nd for Luongo.

Pray that Conolly stays healthy to center the 1st line cause thats all we got after.

Go for Getz in the offseason but more realistically Stephen Weiss.

Old
11-13-2012, 02:47 PM
Thee Implication
Gaaaaary Roberts!

I want nothing more than to see Connolly walk. Can't see why the Canucks would base Bozak as the best piece of a deal for Lu.

Old
11-13-2012, 02:47 PM
delirium trigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankthetank91 View Post
Bozak,Kadri or Colborne and a 2nd for Luongo.

Pray that Conolly stays healthy to center the 1st line cause thats all we got after.

Go for Getz in the offseason but more realistically Stephen Weiss.
Not in a million years.

Old
11-13-2012, 04:12 PM
beer123

Quote:
Originally Posted by delirium trigger View Post
Not in a million years.
Bozak, Phaneuf and Scrivens or Reimer for Luongo, then.

Old
11-13-2012, 04:32 PM
Marco Esquandolas
Registered Abuser

vCash: 1170
Quote:
Originally Posted by beer123 View Post
Bozak, Phaneuf and Scrivens or Reimer for Luongo, then.

Old
11-13-2012, 04:41 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG14 View Post

Hmmm interesting.

11-13-2012, 05:27 PM
delirium trigger

Quote:
I want nothing more than to see Connolly walk. Can't see why the Canucks would base Bozak as the best piece of a deal for Lu.
Both times luongo was traded in the past it was for a bag of pucks. Us getting clarke for the pick that became him was the best trade ever involving luongo. Now at 33, with no cup, questions of game 7 mentality, a questionable contract, and a desire by vancouver to be rid of him, all add up in my opinion to a depth trade. All vancouver paid for luongo was a high drafted but meh defensman, a past his prime 40 point a season bertuzzi and a borderline back up goalie. And this was luongo in his prime, and van even got more out of florida in this deal! A late pick and a first round pick meh defender.
A toronto equivelent payment would be: bozak/connolly, komaserik, scrivens (keeping in mind the above reasons why he should be worth less then he was in 2006)

Old
11-13-2012, 05:59 PM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Liskeard View Post
Perry lives in Ontario every offseason.
Doubt that would change after he signs somewhere of his choice.

Vaive and Ludzik on collapse, and Phaneuf.
Old
11-13-2012, 06:03 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
Doubt that would change after he signs somewhere of his choice.
Well murmurs underground is that he wants to play near home but realistically he should be going to teams like Penguins or Philly. Aren't crosby and perry buddy buddy?

Old
11-13-2012, 06:13 PM
delirium trigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
Well murmurs underground is that he wants to play near home but realistically he should be going to teams like Penguins or Philly. Aren't crosby and perry buddy buddy?
If the ducks can't afford Perry, Ryan and getzlaf, how can pitts afford Crosby, Malkin and Perry? Not to mention Neal, fleury and Martin. I can't see this happening. Pitts needs big upgrades in D, they can score and back check with the best already. Granted Anaheim does Have a lot of money coming of the books,but they have a lot of holes to fill and a lot older players to possibly replace just to stay competitive, if they can fill all those holes with entry level contacts Thai could make it happen, but then would those 2,either or, chose to stay in that experiment?

Last edited by delirium trigger: 11-13-2012 at 06:25 PM.
Old
11-13-2012, 06:22 PM
Thee Implication
Gaaaaary Roberts!

Quote:
Both times luongo was traded in the past it was for a bag of pucks. Us getting clarke for the pick that became him was the best trade ever involving luongo. Now at 33, with no cup, questions of game 7 mentality, a questionable contract, and a desire by vancouver to be rid of him, all add up in my opinion to a depth trade. All vancouver paid for luongo was a high drafted but meh defensman, a past his prime 40 point a season bertuzzi and a borderline back up goalie. And this was luongo in his prime, and van even got more out of florida in this deal! A late pick and a first round pick meh defender.
A toronto equivelent payment would be: bozak/connolly, komaserik, scrivens (keeping in mind the above reasons why he should be worth less then he was in 2006)
Good points- didn't Burke say the asking price for him was crazy this time?

I wonder who the Nucks are scouting on the Marlies, aside from Kadri obviously

Old
11-13-2012, 06:35 PM
thewave

Quote:
I wouldnt pay much beyond Komisarek and Bozak plus a 3rd

Old
11-13-2012, 09:11 PM
Ricky Bobby

Quote:
This post is simply inaccurate.

Bertuzzi had just had a 70 point season and Allen was a recent 4th overall pick that become a #4/5 defender but at the time there was the promise of more.

In present terms a comparable would have been us trading Lupul, Schenn and Scrivens.

Old
11-13-2012, 09:17 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rare Jewel View Post
Kadri is most likely of that bunch, Gardiner isn't going anywhere.

If any thing it tells me their looking beyond the obvious candidates. Players like D'amigo, Blacker, Mckegg.
I'd think Bozak is out more than Kadri IMO.

Old
11-13-2012, 10:36 PM
delirium trigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
This post is simply inaccurate.

Bertuzzi had just had a 70 point season and Allen was a recent 4th overall pick that become a #4/5 defender but at the time there was the promise of more.

In present terms a comparable would have been us trading Lupul, Schenn and Scrivens.
That's not true, Allen was well behind his development curve and was a project by that point and slow, komaserik was a high 1st pick too. plus a first round D went the other way in the deal, so that's almost a wash. Bertuzzi was past his prime and everyone knew it, and was severely damaged goods at that point, his role in van was being eclipsed by the sedins and van couldn't run bertuzzi out of town soon enough and he only played 7 games in Florida due to back problems that weren't a secret, and he was a ufa. And auld was terrible.
That was a bad deal then and more so soon after, for someone everyone touted as a young, cheep sure thing, franchise goalie. And now that he is not young, and not cheep, and of questionable mental fortitude, and is curr antly a square peg in a round hole, he should be less valuable, not more. Hence: bozak/Connolly, komaserik, scrivens.

Last edited by delirium trigger: 11-13-2012 at 10:51 PM.
Old
11-13-2012, 11:56 PM
Rare Jewel
Patience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
I'd think Bozak is out more than Kadri IMO.
I'd agree.

But Bozak and Kadri are different categories when it comes age, value and experience.

I don't think if Burke tells Gillis Kadri is not available, I would guess that the next name he'll try for is Colborne or vice versa. Bozak seems to me to be the roster player who could very well be involved or MacArther in his place.

Old
11-14-2012, 08:25 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rare Jewel View Post
I'd agree.

But Bozak and Kadri are different categories when it comes age, value and experience.

I don't think if Burke tells Gillis Kadri is not available, I would guess that the next name he'll try for is Colborne or vice versa. Bozak seems to me to be the roster player who could very well be involved or MacArther in his place.
True, however if we are to get rid of one of our center prospect, the one that is most likely to move based on skill alone is Colborne. Your idea definitely seems solid however it's possible a cup winning team like Canucks might want more roster players than prospects.

Old
11-14-2012, 09:50 AM
gabeliscious

Quote:
say burke can lupul signed 3 years x $5.5 million. the length might be different but i cant see him getting significantly more considering his injury problems and the fact that toronto is probably the best place for him career wise.

lupul (5.5) xxxxx kessel (5.4)
jvr (4.25) grabs (5.5) xxxxxx
kulemin (2.8) xxxxx xxxxxx
brown (0.73) mclemment (1.5) xxxxxx

phaneuf (6.5) xxxxxx
liles (3.9) gardiner (1.1)
komisarek (4.5) xxxxxx

reimer (1.8)
scrivens (0.6)

tucker (1)
armstrong (1)

its around $46 million spent. i guess a lot would be dependent if the cap went down or not.

i think it is reasonable to assume that gunnarson and bozak will be resigned assuming they arent traded. i think its also likely that frattin will get to pick up where he left off on the 3rd line and possibly kadri gets slotted into the 2nd line with jvr and grabs. our 6th defenseman will probably be holzer or someone from within same with our 4th line winger. assuming this is how things shape up....

lupul (5.5) ? kessel (5.4)
jvr (4.25) grabs (5.5) kadri (1.25)
kulemin (2.8) bozak (2.5) frattin (0.9)
brown (0.70 mclemment (1.5) ?

phaneuf (6.5) gunnarson (2.5)
liles (3.9) komisarek (4.5)
gardiner (1.1) holzer (0.6)

reimer (1.8)
scrivens (0.6)

tucker (1)
armstrong (1)

apx. total cap hit = $53.8 million. imo the cap will determine who our first line center will be. if the cap is $65 million + then i dont see how burke doesnt back the money truck up to getzlaf and offer him $7.5 +. if the cap is under $60 million then we might have to settle with someone like weiss or dare i say keep bozak up on the top line and resign one of our existing centers for the third line like lombardi perhaps?

Closed Thread