HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Off-season Madness the 3rd: Jeffrey Loria taketh and Jeffrey Loria giveth away

Closed Thread

Old
11-13-2012, 10:12 PM
ForzaZuffa
Don't stare at it...

vCash: 500
So, regulars, how's Reyes' health? I'm very concerned.

Old
11-13-2012, 10:12 PM
Eyedea
The Legend Continues

vCash: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaZuffa View Post
Wow. So, as promised, I eat my words about Rogers proudly. I'm not entirely thrilled with the trade from a baseball perspective as I loved Marisnick and Nicolino in particular, but I can't say Rogers is just a cheapskate owner. They have put their money where their mouth is in a shocking, mind-blowing fashion. I applaud that immensely.

To the elitists, suggest a user tag and/or avatar if you like and I'll sport it.
Wait. You like Marisnick and Nicolino more than JJ, Buehrle, Reyes and Bonifacio?

This team still has d'Arnaud, Sanchez, Syndergaard from the top 5 and many other really good prospects in the system.

His health is fine.

Old
11-13-2012, 10:13 PM
Woodman19
#TeamBernier

Quote:
Wow. So, as promised, I eat my words about Rogers proudly. I'm not entirely thrilled with the trade from a baseball perspective as I loved Marisnick and Nicolino in particular, but I can't say Rogers is just a cheapskate owner. They have put their money where their mouth is in a shocking, mind-blowing fashion. I applaud that immensely.

To the elitists, suggest a user tag and/or avatar if you like and I'll sport it.
BJ Bandwagon Fan

Old
11-13-2012, 10:14 PM
Quik
Agent 0091

Quote:
Played 160 games last year. over 130 the year before...He should hold up fine, we just gotta get the real grass in the RC asap

Old
11-13-2012, 10:14 PM
Felstead
Boss Status

Bonifacio should be a starter, not a bench role in my opinion, the guy came in last year as a severely under rated player, and broke out huge in 2011 with 40 swipes, 296 average, although striking out close to 130 times.

This guy is key, if you got him hitting behind reyes in the 2 hole, you can bet he will see pitches to hit with Bautista behind him.

Nonetheless, hard to not be excited, april 2nd couldnt come soon enough.

Canada acquires Florida for prospects and a STBNL(state to be named later).

Old
11-13-2012, 10:16 PM
Dr.Funk

vCash: 1060
Quote:
Originally Posted by p.l.f. View Post
its gonna be hard to sleep

Yeah more third rate managers will come out of the woodwork saying they want to manage the Jays.

Old
Clark4Ever

Most significant trade in franchise history since Alomar/Carter for Fernandez/McGriff. I hope it has a similar impact on the organization.

Old
Cor
Me Troll? Never

vCash: 50
I feel asleep, woke up, and sleepily look at my twitter on my phone and see

"#CONFIRMED Reyes to Toronto, Alvarez to Miami"
"This Deal is Huge for the Jays"

I jumped 5 feet in the air....

Like, you guys have no idea how pumped I am for Reyes....

Old
Nazem Gretzky
Eller 4 Selke

Send a message via AIM to Nazem Gretzky
I'm going to be perfectly honest and I will say that I don't think the Jays are done. Here's why. I ripped on the organization for essentially what I thought was going to be a waste of JoeyBats prime years. If the club was 3-5 years away, it made more sense to trade him, and get young talent in return...but with this trade, I feel as though the Jays brass is saying that we are going to make a run in the next 2 years.

Old
11-13-2012, 10:17 PM
ForzaZuffa
Don't stare at it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyedea View Post
Wait. You like Marisnick and Nicolino more than JJ, Buehrle, Reyes and Bonifacio?

This team still has d'Arnaud, Sanchez, Syndergaard from the top 5 and many other really good prospects in the system.

His health is fine.
No didn't say I like them more than those players, just not as over the moon about it as most. Guess it could be shock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodman19 View Post
BJ Bandwagon Fan
Ya, nice input. I was thinking something realistic.

Old
11-13-2012, 10:18 PM
trellaine201

Quote:
Dunno but hes had over 1600AB over the last 3 seasons. Id say thats pretty good.

Old
11-13-2012, 10:19 PM
Nazem Gretzky
Eller 4 Selke

Send a message via AIM to Nazem Gretzky
Quote:
BJ Bandwagon Fan
just because he was critical of the organization, and is now eating crow doesn't make him a bandwaggoner. It made him a pessimist, which is exactly what I was/am.

Honestly, being a Toronto sports fan, is there any other mindset you should have? I am so used to disappointment that I just sort of expect it...now that something good has happened, I'm on cloud 9.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark4Ever View Post
Most significant trade in franchise history since Alomar/Carter for Fernandez/McGriff. I hope it has a similar impact on the organization.
No doubt.

Old
Sokil
Ukraine Specialitsky

ok, realistically, what free agents are available / realistic targets to fill holes at this point? safe to say that pitching is done?

Old
Grant
LL Genius

vCash: 50
Does getting Buck mean we are more likely to see JAP or D'Arnaud traded this offseason? Don't follow baseball religiously but I was under the impression trading one of them was inevitable in the future so getting Buck to me meant it was going to happen soon now.

Old
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

So much speed now for the Jays!! It's awesome!!

Seriously, is there a "faster" team in MLB now? Reyes, Bonifacio, Lawrie, Rasmus, Izturis, Bautista (Not Slow), Davis and Gose!

But i still think we need one more power bat in that lineup.

Old
11-13-2012, 10:20 PM
Leafssss

Anyone else find it funny how Jays players are pumped up about the trade and don't care about the players leaving lol?

Just looking at Janssen, Jenkins and Bautista tweets.

Old
11-13-2012, 10:20 PM
Everlong
Franchise Pillar

Quote:
BJ Bandwagon Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokil View Post
ok, realistically, what free agents are available / realistic targets to fill holes at this point? safe to say that pitching is done?
I don't see any free agent signings honestly aside from minor league additions.

Old
11-13-2012, 10:22 PM
ForzaZuffa
Don't stare at it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Amazing Ralph View Post
just because he was critical of the organization, and is now eating crow doesn't make him a bandwaggoner. It made him a pessimist, which is exactly what I was/am.

Honestly, being a Toronto sports fan, is there any other mindset you should have? I am so used to disappointment that I just sort of expect it...now that something good has happened, I'm on cloud 9.

No doubt.
Thanks, must take a lot to not follow a clueless leader, so I appreciate the understanding. You put it well, it's tough being a TO fan, you're so used to disappointment

Old
11-13-2012, 10:23 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafssss View Post
Anyone else find it funny how Jays players are pumped up about the trade and don't care about the players leaving lol?

Just looking at Janssen, Jenkins and Bautista tweets.
Can you post them here please?

Old
Felstead
Boss Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant View Post
Does getting Buck mean we are more likely to see JAP or D'Arnaud traded this offseason? Don't follow baseball religiously but I was under the impression trading one of them was inevitable in the future so getting Buck to me meant it was going to happen soon now.
In my opinion you can't trade of TDA, he woulda been with the club last season if not due for his injury. As sad as it may be, I say you shop JP. TDA's potential is just to great, reminds me of a posey type, good average, potential power, decent speed and can find his way on base.

Can't say who I'd look to trade JP for but I'd assume a quality LF.

Old
Phelan

Quote:
my brother yelled "hey did you hear about Reyes??" and got me all hyped, and our hype was rolling off of eachother and we were all hyping the **** out about Reyes, so i go on mlbtrade rumors

"HOLY **** JOSH JOHNSON.....HOLY **** MARK B!!!"

High fives all around.
I hope when you got to Buck, you were so hyped, you kicked down all the doors in your house!!!

Old
achtungbaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by departures89 View Post
Today will forever be known as the day the Blue Jays traded for the Florida Marlins!
Exactly! Just imagine the Yankees or Boston had made this trade instead of Toronto. That, plus the crappy season we just watched, would have just killed what's left of our baseball souls. Great day to be a Jays fan. Enough of the rebuild, time to put our chips into the game.

Old
Dr.Funk

vCash: 1060
Quote:

I think they still have to get some depth pitching incase of injuries, some AAAA guys that can come up from AAA.

Old
Scoogs

Send a message via MSN to Scoogs
Woah.

Old
HappyGilmourr

I don't ever recall a time a Toronto team traded for a "in there prime super star..." Reyes is pretty damn close. He didn't have an amazing year in 2012 but none the less a Top 3 SS in the game, probably the best hitting one for sure... Will steal 50 bags and could winning a batting tittle again. This was what I had hoped for regarding the starting rotation (a guy who will eat up innings, Buerhle) and a pitcher with ace like stuff (Josh Johnson) The fact we got a super star bat is simply a bonus, and will surely put us over the edge... anything else the jays do from now on is it just adding sprinkles on top lol.

I'm not sure who starts opening night (probably morrow) but i no we have two pitchers capable of being aces. Morrow and Johnson both have question marks but both have amazing stuff. Then we have two guys who are inning eaters. Buerhle is the definition of strong inning eater #3 work horse. I wanted someone in the mold of Garza and Buerhle fits that to a Tee, I never saw Buerhle as a possibly though. Romero is also able to eat a lot of innings, hopefully he can get his era back below 4 and contribute 200 innings.

Brandon Morrow
Josh Johnson
Mark Buerhle
Ricky Romero
J.A Happ

Closed Thread