HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Who's Better: P.K. Subban vs Kevin Shattenkirk

View Poll Results: Who's better ? P.K. Subban or Kevin Shattenkirk
P.K. Subban 95 70.90%
Kevin Shattenkirk 35 26.12%
Even 4 2.99%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Old
11-12-2012, 07:19 PM
mytor4*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerk Store View Post
Wow, Habs fans are starting to be a bit overwhelming with their favorable bias polls... Any tighter comparisons?
I see by your vote you still have a hate on for the Habs.

mytor4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 07:23 PM
Jerk Store
Classless

Quote:
Originally Posted by topdog View Post
And don't forget the obvious Subban vrs Weber troll thread posted by a Leafs fan.
You don't like the polls than stay the hell out of them.
When you see polls on the Habs board like Subban vs Doughty and Subban vs Karlsson, and almost half the votes going for Subban, I'm not sure you can qualify a Subban vs Weber poll as troll.

Anyway, it would be nice if the polls board wasn't over saturated, that's the point I'm trying to make.

Jerk Store is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 07:24 PM
bluemandan
Ya Ma Goo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr John Carlson View Post
Subban.

Alzner and McDonagh are both better than Shattenkirk.
Disagree. Alzner doesn't generate enough offense. He is clearly better than Shattenkirk defensively, but I don't think it is enough to overcome the offense that Shattenkirk generates.

0.18 ppg Alzner
0.34 ppg McDonagh
0.56 ppg Shattenkirk.

bluemandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 07:26 PM
mytor4*

Quote:
When you see polls on the Habs board like Subban vs Doughty and Subban vs Karlsson, and almost half the votes going for Subban, I'm not sure you can qualify a Subban vs Weber poll as troll.

Anyway, it would be nice if the polls board wasn't over saturated, that's the point I'm trying to make.
Want to show me those Subban vs Doughty and Subban vs Karlsson, and almost half the votes going for Subban .I can't seem to pull them up.

Old
11-12-2012, 07:27 PM
Jerk Store
Classless

Quote:
I see by your vote you still have a hate on for the Habs.
Far from it. You can find many posts of mine saying I think Subban is a bit of a problematic case, that I think the Habs should shop him (they've been rumoured to do so) etc. while saying positive things about Pac, Desharnais, Gorges and a slew of other players.

Just because that's my opinion, it doesn't = hate for a team.

To get back on topic, for the reasons stated above and the seamingly more stable statistics of Shattenkirk, I would take him over Subban.

Old
11-12-2012, 07:31 PM
bp spec

Subban

bp spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 07:32 PM
Jerk Store
Classless

Quote:
Want to show me those Subban vs Doughty and Subban vs Karlsson, and almost half the votes going for Subban .I can't seem to pull them up.
Subban Doughty
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...subban+doughty

Subban Karlsson (not a poll but read through the posts, you seem to have quite a bit of time on your hands)
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...ubban+karlsson

Old
11-12-2012, 07:41 PM
mytor4*

Quote:
Subban Doughty
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...subban+doughty

Subban Karlsson (not a poll but read through the posts, you seem to have quite a bit of time on your hands)
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...ubban+karlsson

Subban vrs Doughty.115 to 78 for Doughty. I don't see half the votes going to Subban.Actually just the opposite.Also the question in the poll was Could Subban end up being better offensively than Doughty.
Could he ,Sure he could. It's possible . Will he Now thats a different question .
So next time if you would Please don't make up quotes that are just not true like the two you just did . You know the two i'm talking about rught?
Here's your quote in case you don't remember.
[ When you see polls on the Habs board like Subban vs Doughty and Subban vs Karlsson, and almost half the votes going for Subban ]

Old
11-12-2012, 07:43 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Subs, but Shattenkirk is a great dman.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 08:07 PM
Jerk Store
Classless

Quote:
Subban vrs Doughty.115 to 78 for Doughty. I don't see half the votes going to Subban.Actually just the opposite.Also the question in the poll was Could Subban end up being better offensively than Doughty.
Could he ,Sure he could. It's possible . Will he Now thats a different question .
So next time if you would Please don't make up quotes that are just not true like the two you just did . You know the two i'm talking about rught?
Here's your quote in case you don't remember.
[ When you see polls on the Habs board like Subban vs Doughty and Subban vs Karlsson, and almost half the votes going for Subban ]
As per my quote, said almost. And 40% is just that, and pretty laughable. You also failed to adress the Karlsson one which was also pure comedy.

Old
11-12-2012, 08:12 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

My boy Subban, very easily.

Yo topdog, are you seriously bringing up the thread where Subban got half the votes against Karlsson? Infact, it was DelZotto, Karlsson and Subban and Subban had like 60% of votes.

Yo, someone bring up the thread Prucha>Crosby cause obviously that's a good indication of who's better, loooool.

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 09:06 PM
AJMHABS
25days!! New life

Subban.

Shattenkirk doesn't have number 1 Dman upside like Subban.

AJMHABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 11:38 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
My man PK Subban

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 11:52 AM
sharks9

Quote:
As per my quote, said almost. And 40% is just that, and pretty laughable. You also failed to adress the Karlsson one which was also pure comedy.
How is it laughable? Did you even read the question? The asked if Subban could be a better offensive d-man than Doughty. Seeing as last year Doughty had 2 more points than Subban and this year they had the same amount of points, it's entirely possible that Subban could be better offensively.

sharks9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 11:56 AM
Jerk Store
Classless

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharks9 View Post
How is it laughable? Did you even read the question? The asked if Subban could be a better offensive d-man than Doughty. Seeing as last year Doughty had 2 more points than Subban and this year they had the same amount of points, it's entirely possible that Subban could be better offensively.
anything is possible, but were you a betting man, where would you put your money? Also, still nobody adressed the subban karlsson thread.

Old
11-13-2012, 12:03 PM
Twilight Sparkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemandan View Post

Shattenkirk gets sheltered minutes and responsibilities.
bull. Competition is just as tough but he has to play with third liners a lot more than Pietrangelo.

Shattenkirk is also straight up more effective despite the teammate handicap.

Shattenkirk was the Blues best D last season. That said I think Subban and Shattenkirk are very comparable. Not ready to tilt one way or the other.

Twilight Sparkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 12:09 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

vCash: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sparkle View Post
bull. Competition is just as tough but he has to play with third liners a lot more than Pietrangelo.

Shattenkirk was the Blues best D last season. That said I think Subban and Shattenkirk are very comparable. Not ready to tilt one way or the other.
Haha no and we are actual Blues fans.

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 05:57 PM
mytor4*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharks9 View Post
You get it.Some people just don't bother reading the question before voting.

Old
11-13-2012, 06:36 PM
The Note
Bullies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sparkle View Post

No, Shattenkirk wasn't better than Pietrangelo in the least bit last year, and he's not better than P.K. He's great in the role he's in on the Blues.

The Note is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 07:57 PM
Jerk Store
Classless

I'l give Subban a slight edge in terms of who's better, but he just doesn't seem to be a model teammate, as per his numerous altercations and Markov opting for a simple "no comment" when asked about PK at the end of the season.

Fot that reason, on my team, I would prefer Shattenkirk.

Old
11-13-2012, 08:28 PM
BLASPHEMOUS
**** THE KING

Quote:
I'l give Subban a slight edge in terms of who's better, but he just doesn't seem to be a model teammate, as per his numerous altercations and Markov opting for a simple "no comment" when asked about PK at the end of the season.

I remember this as well, although I do not remember which teammates said so.

Keep in mind that Subban is a competitor who works at 110% all the time. Most Habs fans would agree that many Habs players did not come close to playing like they cared last year, and it may have rubbed those guys wrong. I remember Markov was amongst them, no idea what to make of that.

BLASPHEMOUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 09:03 PM
Noob616

Quote:

Ah, Dale Hunter syndrome.

Noob616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 09:04 PM
Jerk Store
Classless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endersoldier View Post
I remember this as well, although I do not remember which teammates said so.

Keep in mind that Subban is a competitor who works at 110% all the time. Most Habs fans would agree that many Habs players did not come close to playing like they cared last year, and it may have rubbed those guys wrong. I remember Markov was amongst them, no idea what to make of that.
Yeah, we had similar locker room issues in Ottawa and it's just never a good thing. The players had to be let go but in the long run it was well worth it.

I like some of the things that are happening on Montreal's end nowadays with new leaders emerging, young hard working players and an infusion of youth soon to come. I'm not convinced he's the type of personality I'd like to keep around.

Old
11-13-2012, 10:05 PM
mytor4*

Quote:
Yeah, we had similar locker room issues in Ottawa and it's just never a good thing. The players had to be let go but in the long run it was well worth it.

I like some of the things that are happening on Montreal's end nowadays with new leaders emerging, young hard working players and an infusion of youth soon to come. I'm not convinced he's the type of personality I'd like to keep around.
Good thing you will never have to worry about it.
He's Gonna be a Habs player for a long time .He's the type of player we need.
Gives a 100% all the time even in practises. Who cares if he rubbed a few players the wrong way.Got to laugh at all the remarks about him being a cancer on the team and in the locker room.Some people never seems to get their facts straight.

Old
11-13-2012, 11:25 PM
Lebowski

Subban.

Similar offensively taking into account Subban's situation with the Habs last season, plus I think he has more upside, but that's really more of a feeling rather than an affirmation. Subban also has a clear edge defensively and in the physical department.

Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote