HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Dougie Hamilton vs Morgan Rielly

View Poll Results: Who would you take?
Dougie Hamilton 316 64.23%
Morgan Rielly 138 28.05%
too close to call 38 7.72%
Voters: 492. You may not vote on this poll

Old
11-13-2012, 10:58 PM
Fearless Leaf*
Playiffs 2013!!!!!

vCash: 500
Dougie Hamilton vs Morgan Rielly

Who would you rather have going forward? and who do you think will end up as the better d-man?

Please share your opinions on why you made the choice.

Leafs and Bruins fans, I would be pleased if u guys would refrain from voting.

Fearless Leaf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 11:00 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Dougie Hamilton has more capability to be a game breaker, imo. Max upsides I'm thinking Karlsson vs Chara. I'd rather have Hamilton for the added physicality/size that would be more effective in the playoffs.

Plus he showed good chemistry with Corrado at the subway series, so another plus for him, at least for me.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 11:02 PM
topchowda

Dougy but verrry close. Seems like he plays a good defensive game and has size to. Rielly is tearing up the dub tho, cant go wrong with either. AINEC should not show up in this poll

topchowda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 11:03 PM
Fearless Leaf*
Playiffs 2013!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Dougie Hamilton has more capability to be a game breaker, imo. Max upsides I'm thinking Karlsson vs Chara. I'd rather have Hamilton for the added physicality/size that would be more effective in the playoffs.

Plus he showed good chemistry with Corrado at the subway series, so another plus for him, at least for me.
Very fair, I like your opinion.

Old
11-13-2012, 11:03 PM
Kesler2Kesler
Yup

Dougie because of dat 'stache.

Kesler2Kesler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 11:05 PM
Fearless Leaf*
Playiffs 2013!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by topchowda View Post
Dougy but verrry close. Seems like he plays a good defensive game and has size to. Rielly is tearing up the dub tho, cant go wrong with either. AINEC should not show up in this poll
Agreed, that is why I included "too close to call" as the final option.

Also, anyone thinking I created this for flaming will probably take this the wrong way but my reasons are simple and clear. I want to know how well the other fans aside from Leafs and Bruins fans see these two from their view-point.

Old
11-13-2012, 11:08 PM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

vCash: 657
As of right now the choice is quite easily Hamilton, but in the future it can go either way. At max potential, your looking at 2 potential top 5 D, ends up being which you rater prefer.

The Podium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 11:10 PM
JSC
Registered Sniper

I'd take Rielly, but it's close. Call me crazy, but I truly believe he'll be the best defenseman of the 2012 draft class and by quite a bit. I can see him hitting 60 points regularly in his prime while being solid defensively.

JSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 11:11 PM
bruinsfan46

Dougie is five inches taller, far ahead defensively and it's a virtual toss up offensively. I'm very comfortable taking Hamilton over any defensive prospect in the world.

Last edited by bruinsfan46: 11-13-2012 at 11:53 PM.
bruinsfan46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 11:15 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

I'll take Rielly. Should be close though

Phion Keneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 11:16 PM
iamitter
Thornton's Hen

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by topchowda View Post
Dougie tore up the OHL much more than Rielly is currently doing so.

iamitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 11:16 PM
iPunch
Leafs Fan

vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitter View Post
Dougie tore up the OHL much more than Rielly is currently doing so.
On the first place team. Moose Jaw is awful (sorry Warriors fans). I think it's a pretty safe argument to say Rielly is more of a catalyst for his teams offense than Hamilton is.

iPunch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 11:26 PM
bruinsfan46

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPunch View Post
On the first place team. Moose Jaw is awful (sorry Warriors fans). I think it's a pretty safe argument to say Rielly is more of a catalyst for his teams offense than Hamilton is.
They're bad but not Kootenay bad (literally Reinhart and no one else). Sam Fioretti doesn't seem to find it impossible to produce numbers in Moose Jaw this year. Don't how you can back the second sentence up, Hamilton's PPG was .02 below Strome's for the best on that first place team. They were so good because Dougie was so good.

Old
11-13-2012, 11:37 PM
WarriorofTime

Similar offense with Hamilton being far ahead defensively.

WarriorofTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 11:40 PM
Atomos2
#theProspectsGrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinsfan46 View Post
They're bad but not Kootenay bad (literally Reinhart and no one else). Sam Fioretti doesn't seem to find it impossible to produce numbers in Moose Jaw this year. Don't how you can back the second sentence up, Hamilton's PPG was .02 below Strome's for the best on that first place team. They were so good because Dougie was so good.
Sam Fioretti is good, but in no way is he an elite offensive force. He is just enjoying being the beneficiary of Rielly's offense. A bunch of Fiortti's goals have been from passes from Rielly or rebounds from Rielly. He's benefitting in the same way Spezza and Michalek benefitted from Karlsson. Strome is an elite offensive force that can create his own chances and make something from nothing, you can't expect to compare Fioretti with Ryan Strome.

Atomos2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 11:44 PM
TheLeastOfTheBunch

vCash: 50
Will be interesting to see how they match up at the WJCs. Warriors have only scored 17 goals in their last 9 games, and Fioretti's coming down to Earth as well. They will eventually snap out of the funk, but Rielly is the only player on that team who generates offence at a high level. Brayden Point could be a 1st round pick, but he's been inconsistent offensively.

TheLeastOfTheBunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 11:48 PM
Dangles McGavin
RIP Lounge

I'm not going to vote because I haven't seen Dougie play enough to make an educated opinion.

But, from what I've seen... I don't see the 'amazingness' that most see in this kid. I'm sure I'll be proven wrong- I look forward to watching him at the WJC.

Dangles McGavin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 11:50 PM
bruinsfan46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomos2 View Post
Sam Fioretti is good, but in no way is he an elite offensive force. He is just enjoying being the beneficiary of Rielly's offense. A bunch of Fiortti's goals have been from passes from Rielly or rebounds from Rielly. He's benefitting in the same way Spezza and Michalek benefitted from Karlsson. Strome is an elite offensive force that can create his own chances and make something from nothing, you can't expect to compare Fioretti with Ryan Strome.
They're definitely miles apart with the talent surrounded them, but Hamilton was still a catalyst on that team and his production was phenomenal. I'm willing to concede a virtual toss up offensively, the thing is Rielly has to be much better offensively because of the size and defensive play gap in Hamilton's favour. Rielly hasn't proven to be much better offensively IMO.

Old
11-13-2012, 11:51 PM
LeafOfBread
van Dreamsdyk

Quote:
Yes, but Dougie has benefited from having better talent to work with him and players who can actually convert on the chances he creates.

Rielly's team is literally just Rielly, he's the best player on that team by a mile. Even in the last 8 games or so he's gone on a bit cold streak pointswise, but every game the play-by-play guys for the other teams still gush over him and he has earned a few star nominations over that time despite having point-less games; watching some of those games too, he stood out every time despite not coming up on the scoresheet.

I do still view Hamilton a bit higher at this point, he's 1 year ahead in his development and has looked very good.

As for who does better in the NHL, it's a toss-up for me, I'll just have to wait and see

LeafOfBread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 11:51 PM
DKQ
Generic User Title

Rielly is good, but Dougy is something else. I haven't seen someone with his blend of size, skills and smarts in the OHL since Alex Pietrangelo. Rielly is probably 4th best D prospect for me behind Dougy, Schultz and Gormley

DKQ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 11:52 PM
Vikingstad
**** the King

Im going to say Rielly. On terms of potential they are pretty even, but I have a hunch that Dougie isnt going to turn out as well as people think. Just a gut feeling. Do hope he proves me wrong though.

Vikingstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 11:54 PM
AJMHABS
On to Round 2!! :D

Dougie Hamilton for sure.

AJMHABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 12:03 AM
Atomos2
#theProspectsGrim

Quote:
They're definitely miles apart with the talent surrounded them, but Hamilton was still a catalyst on that team and his production was phenomenal. I'm willing to concede a virtual toss up offensively, the thing is Rielly has to be much better offensively because of the size and defensive play gap in Hamilton's favour. Rielly hasn't proven to be much better offensively IMO.
The size is definitely in Hamilton's favour, I wouldn't say the defensive play gap is that huge. Rielly is proned to bad reads now and then but his defensive game is pretty solid. Not as good as Hamilton's but in no way a liability. It's only being underrated because his offensive attributes are at such a high level. I've seen Hamilton play more than I've seen Rielly but I've seen Rielly a fair bit and tbh I'm just as nervous having Dougie Hamilton out on the ice defending a lead than I'd be having Rielly defending a lead.

Old
11-14-2012, 12:05 AM
Atomos2
#theProspectsGrim

I'd still take Hamilton over Rielly, but only because I've seen more of him and I know how good he is.

Old
11-14-2012, 12:27 AM
conway902

Whats this size business you guys are going on about, rielly is built like a tank compare to Hamilton. He is 5" shorter but last time I looked at 205lbs they are the same weight.

conway902 is offline   Reply With Quote