HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

The Thread About Nothing Part 183: Havent You Ever Seen

Closed Thread

Old
11-13-2012, 11:13 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by manilaNJ View Post
My favorite ongoing flings are Canadian bookends. Vancouver & Montreal.
No real preference location wise, either.. but a disproportionate percentage of my dating history is from North Africa.
I've dated only 2 people from the US. the rest Canada. Hooray for relationships!

Old
11-13-2012, 11:24 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

I don't have preferences really. I just pick, and choose what I see attractive that's all. Any girl can be attractive to me of pretty much any ethnicity/hair color, eyes, etc. Any girl can be unattractive to me of pretty much all of those as well.

I haven't seriously went out with anybody in 4 years. There's a girl sometimes I see since I moved here, but not so much anymore cause I really don't like her much to be honest. There was also the girl I took to the Devils game against the Penguins when I still lived in Jersey. I think I told the unpleasant story before of how that ended!

Old
11-13-2012, 11:35 PM
manilaNJ
Optimism: Unwavering

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyRangerFan View Post
I've dated only 2 people from the US. the rest Canada. Hooray for relationships!
Never actually dated a Canadian.
Every guy I've dated has physically lived in the US - just not as citizen, though

Old
11-13-2012, 11:39 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Quote:
Never actually dated a Canadian.
Every guy I've dated has physically lived in the US - just not as citizen, though
Well I live in Buffalo :Laugh: so it's not that weird to date Canadians

Old
11-13-2012, 11:43 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

I don't date anyone anymore. I have bad self esteem, and I think there's a girl at the store I got to interested in me, but I don't believe it!

Old
11-13-2012, 11:45 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
I don't date anyone anymore. I have bad self esteem, and I think there's a girl at the store I got to interested in me, but I don't believe it!
It's ok, my friend. I know that feel.

11-13-2012, 11:47 PM
manilaNJ

Quote:
Well I live in Buffalo :Laugh: so it's not that weird to date Canadians
Depending upon how work goes, I spend anywhere from 30 - 50% of the year in Canada, so it wouldn't really be too weird for me either

Back in the good ol' days... I also used to clean out my bank account and go traveling for weeks on end. Found myself in some interesting situations relationship-wise.

Responsible, bill paying manila does not look back on those days so fondly, though.

Old
11-13-2012, 11:52 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
It's ok, my friend. I know that feel.
Yeah it sucks. I can look at her, and talk to her, but I can't bring myself to see if there is interest there. Last time I asked a girl out I did it jokingly, and she actually seriously said yes. I asked her 20 times after that if she was serious, and I think I almost turned her off! I told her I was joking, but that in all seriousness I would love to go out with her.

Old
11-13-2012, 11:57 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Quote:
Yeah it sucks. I can look at her, and talk to her, but I can't bring myself to see if there is interest there. Last time I asked a girl out I did it jokingly, and she actually seriously said yes. I asked her 20 times after that if she was serious, and I think I almost turned her off! I told her I was joking, but that in all seriousness I would love to go out with her.
Dooooo it BleedRed!

Old
11-14-2012, 12:00 AM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

Quote:
Dooooo it BleedRed!
NOOOOOO man! I need a girl to tell me they're interested first which obviously usually doesn't happen. The last one I was friendly with as she worked at the store I shopped at back when I lived in Jersey. She said she had nothing to do on Friday or something, and I said ''You can hang out with me, we can go do something!'' I wasn't serious, but she said ''Okay sure! I'll give you my number!'' That was easy right there for me.

Old
11-14-2012, 12:03 AM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

Quote:
1. You want to go out with her.
2. She wants to go out with you.
3. ?????????
4. Profit ******* you.

Old
11-14-2012, 12:04 AM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Quote:
NOOOOOO man! I need a girl to tell me they're interested first which obviously usually doesn't happen. The last one I was friendly with as she worked at the store I shopped at back when I lived in Jersey. She said she had nothing to do on Friday or something, and I said ''You can hang out with me, we can go do something!'' I wasn't serious, but she said ''Okay sure! I'll give you my number!'' That was easy right there for me.
Do that again! Just ask if she is free anytime! I'm garbage at asking girls out too. Very bad

Old
11-14-2012, 12:07 AM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

Quote:
1. You want to go out with her.
2. She wants to go out with you.
3. ?????????
4. Profit ******* you.
I never said she wanted to go out with me though Bob! I'm not completely sure! Some girls like to flirt with guys, but I've hung out in the aisles, and observed how she interacted to other guys in there. Not much at all.

Old
11-14-2012, 12:08 AM
manilaNJ

You know, speaking of the self confidence issue and such... I'm really beginning to realize why so many people, despite being surrounded millions of other people, keep griping about how hard it is to meet people. Especially in the tri-state area.

There's this stigma against doing things alone, or being seen alone in public that I can't put to words effectively.
When I'm elsewhere, being alone makes one approachable. People are alone everywhere and engage each other in small talk and conversation that isn't necessarily reliant on bringing one another back to bed that night. It's really just a comfortable environment.

Here, especially in NYC... if you're alone, people wonder why you're alone. They make you feel uncomfortable. Or they try to take advantage of you as if you're vulnerable.

Yet, if you were in the same place surrounded by people... most others wouldn't find that approachable, either. It's really just a bad cycle.

I travel alone for both work and for pleasure, and I've taken on certain habits of going out and grabbing dinner alone every now and then. Or grabbing a quick drink after work if I don't have anywhere to be for a couple of hours.
And there are always those glances, "What's her story? Weirdo." or "Aww, she's alone." -- it's a fascinating difference from city to city.

Just something that's bothered me for a while now.

Old
11-14-2012, 12:13 AM
HeliDevil
Legendary

Quote:
I never said she wanted to go out with me though Bob! I'm not completely sure! Some girls like to flirt with guys, but I've hung out in the aisles, and observed how she interacted to other guys in there. Not much at all.
Just try it out, you have nothing to lose unless you really like the store she works at. And if that's the case and she does say no, make an anonymous phone call asking to speak with the manager and make up a story to get her fired. Just kidding, but honestly the only way to know is to ask. You gotta take the swing to hit the pitch!

Old
11-14-2012, 12:13 AM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

Quote:
The only advice I can give is to just bite the bullet and ask her out, (I'm one to talk because I've never done this myself.) As daunting as it sounds, what is the worst that could happen? She says no? Once again, I'm one to talk but I'm constantly being told this and its true.

As of right now though, I don't have to worry about taking that step. Bob Richards has something in line.

Quote:
You know, speaking of the self confidence issue and such... I'm really beginning to realize why so many people, despite being surrounded millions of other people, keep griping about how hard it is to meet people. Especially in the tri-state area.

There's this stigma against doing things alone, or being seen alone in public that I can't put to words effectively.
When I'm elsewhere, being alone makes one approachable. People are alone everywhere and engage each other in small talk and conversation that isn't necessarily reliant on bringing one another back to bed that night. It's really just a comfortable environment.

Here, especially in NYC... if you're alone, people wonder why you're alone. They make you feel uncomfortable. Or they try to take advantage of you as if you're vulnerable.

Yet, if you were in the same place surrounded by people... most others wouldn't find that approachable, either. It's really just a bad cycle.

I travel alone for both work and for pleasure, and I've taken on certain habits of going out and grabbing dinner alone every now and then. Or grabbing a quick drink after work if I don't have anywhere to be for a couple of hours.
And there are always those glances, "What's her story? Weirdo." or "Aww, she's alone." -- it's a fascinating difference from city to city.

Just something that's bothered me for a while now.
Existential crisis incoming for me.

Old
11-14-2012, 12:18 AM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliDevil View Post
Just try it out, you have nothing to lose unless you really like the store she works at. And if that's the case and she does say no, make an anonymous phone call asking to speak with the manager and make up a story to get her fired. Just kidding, but honestly the only way to know is to ask. You gotta take the swing to hit the pitch!
I'm way too old to be asking these questions! I think I gotta feel her out first(No pun) See how long I can hold a conversation with her.

Old
11-14-2012, 12:19 AM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

Quote:
I'm way too old to be asking these questions! I think I gotta feel her out first(No pun) See how long I can hold a conversation with her.
How old we talking here? You? The girl in question?

Old
11-14-2012, 12:22 AM
manilaNJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliDevil View Post
Quote:
The only advice I can give is to just bite the bullet and ask her out, (I'm one to talk because I've never done this myself.) As daunting as it sounds, what is the worst that could happen? She says no? Once again, I'm one to talk but I'm constantly being told this and its true.

As of right now though, I don't have to worry about taking that step. Bob Richards has something in line.
Listen to them. And self confidence goes a long way. Coming from a female.
Ask her like you know you're about to give her the best night of her life, man.

Quote:
Existential crisis incoming for me.
Those are easy to solve once you find effective ways to drown out the ongoing ramblings of your own brain

Not all of them are alcohol, surprisingly.

Old
11-14-2012, 12:22 AM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

The hardest part if a relationship is starting it.

Old
11-14-2012, 12:25 AM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

Quote:
The hardest part if a relationship is starting it.
I was going to say Divorce Court but I like your answer better.

Old
11-14-2012, 12:25 AM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

Quote:
How old we talking here? You? The girl in question?
I'm a very youthful(From what other people tell me, not tooting my horn) looking 36 which is embarrassing in itself that I can't even ask a girl out. I found her facebook. I do not use facebook so this isn't an option, but she has that she graduated high school in 2009. Has her birthday as November something. So she's probably turning 22. So I've got a lot of years on her. I doubt she realizes how old I am. Yes this is borderline creepy.

Old
11-14-2012, 12:29 AM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

Quote:
I'm a very youthful(From what other people tell me, not tooting my horn) looking 36 which is embarrassing in itself that I can't even ask a girl out. I found her facebook. I do not use facebook so this isn't an option, but she has that she graduated high school in 2009. Has her birthday as November something. So she's probably turning 22. So I've got a lot of years on her. I doubt she realizes how old I am. Yes this is borderline creepy.
I think it would be creepy is she was like, 17.

After a certain point, age is just a number.

Old
11-14-2012, 12:34 AM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

Quote:
I think it would be creepy is she was like, 17.

After a certain point, age is just a number.
Yeah, but I would be embarrassed to tell her how old I am. I went out with a girl that age a couple years ago. The one I jokingly asked out. I've had mostly long term relationships, and one friend with benefits(I hate this term) that I had for years down here when I came on vacation before I actually moved down. Never been married, no kids. Don't wanna say inexperienced, and I've asked girls out before. I've definitely lost the testosterone though to easily do it now.

Old
11-14-2012, 12:49 AM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

Quote:
Yeah, but I would be embarrassed to tell her how old I am. I went out with a girl that age a couple years ago. The one I jokingly asked out. I've had mostly long term relationships, and one friend with benefits(I hate this term) that I had for years down here when I came on vacation before I actually moved down. Never been married, no kids. Don't wanna say inexperienced, and I've asked girls out before. I've definitely lost the testosterone though to easily do it now.
C'mon man. You're 36, not 57.

This is my endorsement to go for it and if it doesn't work out, no one here is judging. Not a man on Earth has a 100% success rate.

Closed Thread