HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Prospect Stats and Discussion: 2012-13

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-10-2012, 05:42 AM
  #326
Fourier
Registered User
 
Fourier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Waterloo Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,625
vCash: 500
Two more assits fo Laleggia last night. He is now the early points leader amongst defensemen in the NCAA.

(Added in Edit: Not sure what the heck I was looking at!)


Last edited by Fourier: 11-11-2012 at 06:06 AM.
Fourier is online now  
Old
11-10-2012, 08:00 AM
  #327
Seachd
Registered User
 
Seachd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: The Fail
Posts: 13,250
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourier View Post
Two more assits fo Laleggia last night. He is now the early points leader amongst defensemen in the NCAA.
Hmm, from what I saw I thought he had the team's second goal, and no assists.

Either way, hell of a start.

Seachd is offline  
Old
11-10-2012, 05:53 PM
  #328
Usual_Suspect
Registered User
 
Usual_Suspect's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: 3 hours South
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,817
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourier View Post
Two more assits fo Laleggia last night. He is now the early points leader amongst defensemen in the NCAA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seachd View Post
Hmm, from what I saw I thought he had the team's second goal, and no assists.

Either way, hell of a start.
http://www.uscho.com/box/mens-hockey...nnesota-state/

The box score shows 1g. Wonder where the discrepancy came from.

Bigos also had 1 pp assist.

Usual_Suspect is offline  
Old
11-10-2012, 09:05 PM
  #329
Usual_Suspect
Registered User
 
Usual_Suspect's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: 3 hours South
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,817
vCash: 500
Zharkov 1a tonight
K. Jones 1 ppg
Simpson 1 ppg
Musil 1g


Last edited by Usual_Suspect: 11-10-2012 at 11:18 PM.
Usual_Suspect is offline  
Old
11-11-2012, 12:10 AM
  #330
Bryanbryoil
Moderator
I Know A Thing Or 6
 
Bryanbryoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: About Winning
Posts: 50,421
vCash: 500
Laleggia with a goal on Friday but pointless tonight.

So far he is 2nd in team scoring with 4-5-9 in 8 games

__________________
Treat Others As You Would Like To Be Treated
Bryanbryoil is offline  
Old
11-11-2012, 12:48 AM
  #331
Dabomb
Registered User
 
Dabomb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 2,575
vCash: 500
wow first time seeing that Zharkov goal.. man he's a beaut. Almost as nice as that shootout goal in development camp. Very nice hands for a big man.

Dabomb is offline  
Old
11-11-2012, 06:06 AM
  #332
Fourier
Registered User
 
Fourier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Waterloo Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,625
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Usual_Suspect View Post
http://www.uscho.com/box/mens-hockey...nnesota-state/

The box score shows 1g. Wonder where the discrepancy came from.

Bigos also had 1 pp assist.
Honestly don't know what I was looking at.

Fourier is online now  
Old
11-11-2012, 02:28 PM
  #333
Bryanbryoil
Moderator
I Know A Thing Or 6
 
Bryanbryoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: About Winning
Posts: 50,421
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourier View Post
Honestly don't know what I was looking at.
Probably a game from earlier in the year or maybe even last year? Anyway, he's doing quite well

Bryanbryoil is offline  
Old
11-12-2012, 06:09 PM
  #334
rockinghockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,208
vCash: 500
I hope Zharkov develops into a nice 2nd line winger who can add size and pot 25 goals.

rockinghockey is offline  
Old
11-12-2012, 09:54 PM
  #335
tiger_80
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 5,474
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
I hope Zharkov develops into a nice 2nd line winger who can add size and pot 25 goals.
Would be very nice, but probably unlikely. Of all the forward prospects in the system he along with Martindale probably has the biggest bust potential.

tiger_80 is offline  
Old
11-12-2012, 10:27 PM
  #336
Usual_Suspect
Registered User
 
Usual_Suspect's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: 3 hours South
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,817
vCash: 500
Stockton won 9-6. Bunz in net.
Rajala 1g 3a
Cornet 2g 1a
Pelss 1g 1a and a fighting major
Bunz even has an assist

Rajala is now 1st in league Rookie points and 10th overall.


Last edited by Usual_Suspect: 11-12-2012 at 11:03 PM.
Usual_Suspect is offline  
Old
11-12-2012, 11:11 PM
  #337
40oz
..........
 
40oz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,639
vCash: 500
Nice, gordie howe for Pelss.

40oz is offline  
Old
11-13-2012, 12:54 AM
  #338
Gus Schmidt
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 167
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Usual_Suspect View Post
Stockton won 9-6. Bunz in net.
Bunz even has an assist
I would gladly take less assists if he keeps his GAA a little lower.

Gus Schmidt is offline  
Old
11-13-2012, 01:16 AM
  #339
Bryanbryoil
Moderator
I Know A Thing Or 6
 
Bryanbryoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: About Winning
Posts: 50,421
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Usual_Suspect View Post
Stockton won 9-6. Bunz in net.
Rajala 1g 3a
Cornet 2g 1a
Pelss 1g 1a and a fighting major
Bunz even has an assist

Rajala is now 1st in league Rookie points and 10th overall.
Ouch, bad night for Bunz.

Bryanbryoil is offline  
Old
11-13-2012, 02:08 AM
  #340
ejams
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 355
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Ouch, bad night for Bunz.
Still a +3

ejams is offline  
Old
11-13-2012, 02:58 AM
  #341
Arpeggio
Registered User
 
Arpeggio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,052
vCash: 500
How long before we see Cornet and Rajala up with the Barons? The Barons could use some potential secondary scoring, and considering Cornet scored 24 goals last year, he seems like the logical choice.

Arpeggio is offline  
Old
11-13-2012, 04:09 AM
  #342
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty
 
The Nuge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,822
vCash: 1026
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arpeggio View Post
How long before we see Cornet and Rajala up with the Barons? The Barons could use some potential secondary scoring, and considering Cornet scored 24 goals last year, he seems like the logical choice.
Agreed. May as well send Hamilton down for some extra minutes and bring one of them up

The Nuge is online now  
Old
11-13-2012, 11:02 AM
  #343
rockinghockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,208
vCash: 500
Time for the Barons to move a player down and Cornet up.

rockinghockey is offline  
Old
11-13-2012, 11:51 AM
  #344
joestevens29
Registered User
 
joestevens29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 23,990
vCash: 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
Time for the Barons to move a player down and Cornet up.
It was my understanding that there is no roster limit. Just bring him up for a set of weekend games and sit someone. If Cornet does well keep him up and send someone down after that. If he does poorly send him back and hope it's a wake up call to someone.

joestevens29 is offline  
Old
11-13-2012, 06:57 PM
  #345
State of Hockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Minny
Country: United States
Posts: 11,018
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Laleggia with a goal on Friday but pointless tonight.

So far he is 2nd in team scoring with 4-5-9 in 8 games
And that goal Friday was a beauty. He basically went coast-to-coast and snapped it home.

First time I saw him live, and he didn't leave me disappointed. Only thing holding him back is his size. But I think he can work around that.

State of Hockey is offline  
Old
11-13-2012, 08:30 PM
  #346
Bryanbryoil
Moderator
I Know A Thing Or 6
 
Bryanbryoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: About Winning
Posts: 50,421
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arpeggio View Post
How long before we see Cornet and Rajala up with the Barons? The Barons could use some potential secondary scoring, and considering Cornet scored 24 goals last year, he seems like the logical choice.
IMO it'd be one or the other, but not both. I'd give the Hamilton-Arcobello-Pitlick line one or two more games before making that move. Also of note is that when Green returns, he'll be in a top 9 spot. IMO House would be the logical guy to bench right now. He hasn't been going full throttle as much as he was earlier in the year IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
Agreed. May as well send Hamilton down for some extra minutes and bring one of them up
Hamilton had a very good game against Abbotsford, give him a chance to build on that first IMO. Sit House and see what either guy could do playing on the 4th line/2nd PP unit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by State of Hockey View Post
And that goal Friday was a beauty. He basically went coast-to-coast and snapped it home.

First time I saw him live, and he didn't leave me disappointed. Only thing holding him back is his size. But I think he can work around that.
My take as well, if he can be strong enough to play in the NHL we are talking about a massive draft steal.

Bryanbryoil is offline  
Old
11-14-2012, 12:03 AM
  #347
rockinghockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,208
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
IMO it'd be one or the other, but not both. I'd give the Hamilton-Arcobello-Pitlick line one or two more games before making that move. Also of note is that when Green returns, he'll be in a top 9 spot. IMO House would be the logical guy to bench right now. He hasn't been going full throttle as much as he was earlier in the year IMO.



Hamilton had a very good game against Abbotsford, give him a chance to build on that first IMO. Sit House and see what either guy could do playing on the 4th line/2nd PP unit.



My take as well, if he can be strong enough to play in the NHL we are talking about a massive draft steal.
I think he will be too small for the NHL especially as a dman

rockinghockey is offline  
Old
11-14-2012, 12:52 AM
  #348
scid14
Registered User
 
scid14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Saskatchewan
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,427
vCash: 50
Brian Campbell is 5'10 and less than 200 if I remember correctly. If he was bigger with the same skill-set then obviously it would be easier for him but then we also wouldn't have been able to get him that late. He will be fine as long as his development goes well.

Point being that I don't think his size will be a problem for him if he develops the skills we expect him to.

scid14 is offline  
Old
11-14-2012, 01:05 AM
  #349
Bryanbryoil
Moderator
I Know A Thing Or 6
 
Bryanbryoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: About Winning
Posts: 50,421
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by scid14 View Post
Brian Campbell is 5'10 and less than 200 if I remember correctly. If he was bigger with the same skill-set then obviously it would be easier for him but then we also wouldn't have been able to get him that late. He will be fine as long as his development goes well.

Point being that I don't think his size will be a problem for him if he develops the skills we expect him to.
Strength > size, if he has a very strong core or can develop a very strong core then he should be fine at the pro level. His skills are very high end, so those are the least of my worries.

Bryanbryoil is offline  
Old
11-14-2012, 01:18 AM
  #350
scid14
Registered User
 
scid14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Saskatchewan
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,427
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Strength > size, if he has a very strong core or can develop a very strong core then he should be fine at the pro level. His skills are very high end, so those are the least of my worries.
Yeah completely agree, with those high end skills he will do well unless he is made of glass. I don't think he will have a problem with strength, I'm sure already he's been talked to about it and is working on that as well.

scid14 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:56 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.