HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Who's Better: P.K. Subban vs Kevin Shattenkirk

View Poll Results: Who's better ? P.K. Subban or Kevin Shattenkirk
P.K. Subban 95 70.90%
Kevin Shattenkirk 35 26.12%
Even 4 2.99%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-14-2012, 03:24 AM
  #51
eklunds source
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Ed Snider's basement
Posts: 7,667
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerk Store View Post
I'l give Subban a slight edge in terms of who's better, but he just doesn't seem to be a model teammate, as per his numerous altercations and Markov opting for a simple "no comment" when asked about PK at the end of the season.

Fot that reason, on my team, I would prefer Shattenkirk.
Who needs the better player when you can take the guy everyone likes... because Stanley Cups are won by friendship and not talent...

eklunds source is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 03:31 AM
  #52
Ryker
Registered User
 
Ryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Triangle, NC, USA
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 2,880
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eklunds source View Post
Who needs the better player when you can take the guy everyone likes... because Stanley Cups are won by friendship and not talent...
I don't know if you ever had a job or not, but when you do you'll see that the general atmosphere and how well the team functions together is of great importance, at least in creative work. So yeah, Stanley Cups aren't won by teams who have the most individual "talent", whatever that might mean, on their teams.

Ryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 04:36 AM
  #53
mytor4*
 
mytor4*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,175
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eklunds source View Post
Who needs the better player when you can take the guy everyone likes... because Stanley Cups are won by friendship and not talent...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryker View Post
I don't know if you ever had a job or not, but when you do you'll see that the general atmosphere and how well the team functions together is of great importance, at least in creative work. So yeah, Stanley Cups aren't won by teams who have the most individual "talent", whatever that might mean, on their teams.

Ya ,everyone likes Gomez and you can see how far he has led us.
There are some people on this board that have a hate for P.K [ not really hard to pick them out. some very evident in this thread alone ] that they will never aknowledge how good he is or will believe every B.S report on him .

mytor4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 04:44 AM
  #54
Bathcat
Wait, it was ATL?
 
Bathcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Victoria, BC
Posts: 2,045
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sparkle View Post
Shattenkirk was the Blues best D last season.
I... what?

Bathcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 07:36 AM
  #55
Jerk Store
Classless
 
Jerk Store's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Aylmer
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,298
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by topdog View Post
Ya ,everyone likes Gomez and you can see how far he has led us.
There are some people on this board that have a hate for P.K [ not really hard to pick them out. some very evident in this thread alone ] that they will never aknowledge how good he is or will believe every B.S report on him .
I think it's more a case of fan boys who try to ignore it then get sensitive when it's brought up. The reports were supported with videos, we've seen them.

And yes, team chemistry is a huge factor. Players will say so themselves. Can't have a team divided and internal ongoing quarrels. If you try to debate otherwise, you're either admitting (finally) that this is an issue with Subban or you're clearly trying to make excuses, putting a player before a team.

Jerk Store is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 08:10 AM
  #56
drmagg
Registered User
 
drmagg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: Guam
Posts: 729
vCash: 500
Subban

drmagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 08:42 AM
  #57
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred
 
habs03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 4,671
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerk Store View Post
I think it's more a case of fan boys who try to ignore it then get sensitive when it's brought up. The reports were supported with videos, we've seen them.

And yes, team chemistry is a huge factor. Players will say so themselves. Can't have a team divided and internal ongoing quarrels. If you try to debate otherwise, you're either admitting (finally) that this is an issue with Subban or you're clearly trying to make excuses, putting a player before a team.
Or maybe ppl need to take things into context. Ex Markov has always been a shy/quiet guy, and never says anything to the media. Plus Markov hasn't even been around the team much since Subban got called up, so I doubt he has a feel for the room as much as other guys did, guys like Gill, Gorges, etc.

habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 08:48 AM
  #58
Jerk Store
Classless
 
Jerk Store's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Aylmer
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,298
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habs03 View Post
Or maybe ppl need to take things into context. Ex Markov has always been a shy/quiet guy, and never says anything to the media. Plus Markov hasn't even been around the team much since Subban got called up, so I doubt he has a feel for the room as much as other guys did, guys like Gill, Gorges, etc.
If that's how you want to interpret it, that's fine. Doesn't change the rest of the scuffles though.

Jerk Store is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 09:02 AM
  #59
boomboomG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 5
vCash: 500
P.K.

boomboomG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 09:06 AM
  #60
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred
 
habs03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 4,671
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerk Store View Post
If that's how you want to interpret it, that's fine. Doesn't change the rest of the scuffles though.
If you look at all of them, they are all due to Subban being too energetic practice, the guy practice like its a game. He has never had any really issue in the locker, like some ppl want to make it seem. Being a cancer, or having issue's in the locker room is what S.Kost was doing before getting traded to the Preds, or maybe to a less extent, Price before Halak taking his starting job in 2010.

habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 09:51 AM
  #61
Confound
-Vindicated-
 
Confound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Maine
Country: United States
Posts: 17,620
vCash: 500
Bruins fan saying Subban AINEC...

Confound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 09:56 AM
  #62
Blues88
Registered User
 
Blues88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: St. Louis
Country: United States
Posts: 1,196
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sparkle View Post
bull. Competition is just as tough but he has to play with third liners a lot more than Pietrangelo.

Shattenkirk is also straight up more effective despite the teammate handicap.

Shattenkirk was the Blues best D last season. That said I think Subban and Shattenkirk are very comparable. Not ready to tilt one way or the other.
Pietrangelo played the hardest minutes against the best competition, logged more PK time, PP time, and scored at a dizzying pace the last half of the season. Going purely by the numbers, it's not hard to see how playing #1 minutes and outscoring the guy playing #3 minutes would be considered "better". He was the best player on the team. We've seen what can happen when he doesn't play. Shattenkirk was thrown into the fire in the post season, but he was exposed (as was everyone else) by the Kings and couldn't cope with the type of responsibility Pietrangelo typically flourishes under.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowski View Post
Subban.

Similar offensively taking into account Subban's situation with the Habs last season, plus I think he has more upside, but that's really more of a feeling rather than an affirmation. Subban also has a clear edge defensively and in the physical department.
This is the most accurate thing I've read. Subban had 7 less points while playing big minutes for a (trainwreck of a) team that finished dead last in their conference last season. The physicality he brings is an added bonus.

Blues88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 10:21 AM
  #63
gifted88
Dante the poet
 
gifted88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Guelph, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,321
vCash: 500
Subban, the stats don't tell the whole story here.

gifted88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 10:41 AM
  #64
SirPaste
Registered User
 
SirPaste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: STL
Posts: 6,803
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sparkle View Post
Shattenkirk was the Blues best D last season. .
Must not have seen that #27 out there huh?

Anyways, Blues fan saying Subban. Voted Shattenkirk though because Im a homer.

SirPaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 10:45 AM
  #65
Freaky Styley
Registered User
 
Freaky Styley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,849
vCash: 500
P.K. is more flashy, more physical and has more raw talent.. but I'd still take Shatty on my team before him because of his leadership, defensive ability and incredible vision

P.K. will make more highlight reels, but Shatty will help win you cups

Freaky Styley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 12:59 PM
  #66
Noob616
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,378
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Styley View Post
P.K. is more flashy, more physical and has more raw talent.. but I'd still take Shatty on my team before him because of his leadership, defensive ability and incredible vision

P.K. will make more highlight reels, but Shatty will help win you cups
This tells me you haven't watched Subban extensively. You're severely underrating Subban's defensive game if you think Shattenkirk has any noticable advantage in that respect.

Noob616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 07:18 PM
  #67
Bob Cole
Registered User
 
Bob Cole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,353
vCash: 500
Subban is clear notch above Shattenkirk imo.

Hes one of the most underrated players in the league.

Bob Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 02:05 PM
  #68
Bluesman91
Registered User
 
Bluesman91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 4,628
vCash: 2357
I love Shatty but PK is just the better all around player. Shatty is still a great defensemen with a high ceiling but PK's will be higher.

Bluesman91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 02:54 PM
  #69
Bluesnatic27
Registered User
 
Bluesnatic27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 441
vCash: 500
I think Shatty's a top 20 defensemen, however, Subban's going to be, if not already, knocking on the top ten. Gotta go with P.K.

Bluesnatic27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:11 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.