HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Buf-Chi

Old
11-13-2012, 11:09 PM
RomersWorld*

vCash: 500
Maybe he meant Adam plays a Detroit-like physical brand of hockey.

RomersWorld* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 11:36 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
I think it's a horrible deal for Buffalo.

Beach hasn't proven that he's got the ability to be consistent enough in the offence or discipline departments.

Adam is rounding off into a decent player at such a young age. I think he'll be in the NHL for 10 years. I highly doubt Beach plays any half that many seasons in a bottom 6 role and I doubt he looks good as a top 6 forward.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 05:42 AM
HiddenInLight

Lots of love for Adam around the league. We should trade him before everyone learns the truth.

HiddenInLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 07:14 AM
Zip15

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
I think Adam is a bit redundant in Chicago. We already have Pirri and Kruger as C prospects who are NHL ready. But Beach is something we don't have on the main team.

I'll pass, but good offer.
Luke projects to be a LW at the next level. His skating and defensive awareness are lacking, and that's not a good combination for a center. If he ups his compete and straightens out some of his confidence issues--he's been a mental mess since being demoted last year--he can consistently score goals in the NHL because of his quick, accurate shot. But if he continues playing smaller than his size, he'll be little more than a player who's consistently on the AHL-NHL shuttle to and from the minors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
No thanks

Adam is really no different then Marcus Kruger at this point
Quite different players. I think Kruger projects to be a defensive-minded center, whereas Adam will be a winger who needs zone-start protection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparxx87 View Post
How do you figure?

Luke Adam is a powerforward with grit and a nose for the net... Kruger more of a playmaker and 2 way centreman.

Luke Adam projects as a Ryane Clowe type player.. I really think you need to watch Adam play a little more before making comparisons.
He's certainly not that at this time. It'd be some benefit to him, actually, if he followed his fellow Newfie's(Clowe) lead and added some grit to his game.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 08:04 AM
lifeisruff

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiddenInLight View Post
Lots of love for Adam around the league. We should trade him before everyone learns the truth.
He's the new Patrick O'Sullivan.

lifeisruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 09:07 AM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
Luke projects to be a LW at the next level. His skating and defensive awareness are lacking, and that's not a good combination for a center. If he ups his compete and straightens out some of his confidence issues--he's been a mental mess since being demoted last year--he can consistently score goals in the NHL because of his quick, accurate shot. But if he continues playing smaller than his size, he'll be little more than a player who's consistently on the AHL-NHL shuttle to and from the minors.
I can understand why people would think his skill set is better suited at wing, but the thing is that all of his successful play has been as a center. He was AHL roty as a center. He put up points in the NHL as a center. He looked like garbage in the AHL as a wing. And Rolston has finally moved him back to center. His skill set might not fit that position perfectly, but it is where he's played all of his best hockey.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 09:18 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

fair trade IMO, both might need a change of scenario.

11-14-2012, 09:20 AM
Jeffrey Lebowski
Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

I say no from Hawks POV. Beach had a good start to last year before his injury and is doing very well with limited ice time this year.

But of course, surprise surprise, people still cling to the 'maturity' and 'behavioral' issues of yesteryear. Of course no one mentions that he's gotten better about picking his spots during games, coached a youth hockey team during his injury last year, has participated in several charities and has all-around accepted the type of player/person he needs to be to reach the next level (considering the interviews and actions he's put forward lately).

If the Hawks haven't traded him yet, why would they now? He's improved on and off the ice and he has a nice blend of talent, size and effort that the Hawks could really use. I agree with whoever said that we live and die by the level Beach reaches.

I do think that, at the very least, he'll replace someone in our bottom 6 in the next year or two. I don't see him reaching a level much below what Bickell is at right now...

Jeffrey Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote