HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

Call of Duty Black Ops 2

Closed Thread

Old
11-13-2012, 10:49 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsboy11 View Post
Quick Question. I pre-ordered the game, How do I get Nuketown 2025?
The code for it is in the game case when you get it.

Old
11-13-2012, 10:58 PM
DuckJet
#KESBAE

vCash: 69
Yeah my KD is atrocious (.75). I think i'm gonna do combat training to get new guns and rank up when I'm not playing zombies cause I'm getting owned too often...doesn't help that my connection is garbage.

Old
11-13-2012, 11:02 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

I'm steadily improving. Just playing a bunch of mercenary moshpit so I don't run into parties of people. Went 43-10 in Domination.

Old
11-13-2012, 11:34 PM
Schenn
Dirt Road Scholar

vCash: 500
Does anyone know if there are Pro's in this game? I can't find the challenges. I would absolutely love unlimited sprint...

Also, we should protest for the Galil to return. Best gun EVAR.

11-13-2012, 11:36 PM
kingsboy11
Comeback King

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post
The code for it is in the game case when you get it.
wow I feel stupid.

Otherwise, I think this game is a lot of fun. I actually haven't played COD in while so it took me a little bit to get back in to the groove of things.

Old
11-13-2012, 11:37 PM
Leafs at Knight
Fire Burn the Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schenn View Post
Does anyone know if there are Pro's in this game? I can't find the challenges. I would absolutely love unlimited sprint...

Also, we should protest for the Galil to return. Best gun EVAR.
No they're not. Pretty sure the Galil is in Zombies.

Old
11-13-2012, 11:52 PM
DuckJet
#KESBAE

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post
I'm steadily improving. Just playing a bunch of mercenary moshpit so I don't run into parties of people. Went 43-10 in Domination.
I'm watching gameplay vids of games like that and I just don't get it. These guys barely ever get shot, they barely ever get noticed, they aren't much different then me as far as gamestyle goes...just makes me want to rage.

Old
11-14-2012, 12:05 AM
Schenn
Dirt Road Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs at Knight View Post
No they're not. Pretty sure the Galil is in Zombies.
Yeah, the Galil is in the campaign to, but Zombies really isn't my forte. ha.

And ****. I had my main classes all pre-planned, and now I have to do some rethinking.

Old
11-14-2012, 12:19 AM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

I don't mind having a failed host migration but I hate getting kicked from the servers, especially when I'm having a good game as the stats from that game don't count.

Old
11-14-2012, 12:36 AM
Smelling Salt

Send a message via MSN to Smelling Salt
Ended the night with a hard reset of my PS3. Ahh Treyarch you never fail to disappoint with your **** job on the PS3.

As for gameplay, I am having fun with the game so far. Love the maps I have seen and gameplay is a lot smoother than BLOPS. I haven't messed around too much with loadouts. I find the multiplayer menu to be a jumbled mess but I am sure I'll get the hang of it.

Out of the 10 or so games I played about 6 dropped before the game ended. I hope this is just a launch day thing an not a sign of things to come.

Old
11-14-2012, 01:14 AM
John Swartzwelder
MOAR TUFFNESS!!!1

It's a great game! I like it, on par or maybe better than BO1, way better than MW3

Old
11-14-2012, 01:15 AM
Ralph
Stevehead.

vCash: 1135
Many familiar maps from the first game re-imaged, not bad.

Old
11-14-2012, 03:13 AM
RussianRocket10

I'm liking it a lot better than MW3. The create a class system is awesome.

Old
11-14-2012, 06:23 AM
Penguins23
Le Magnifique

As mentioned previously, I'm a COD newb and suck at all shooting games but I've finished positive a few times and my KD is around 0.71 so I've exceeded my expectations so far and I'm steadily improving. Solid game so far except for when the XBOX servers went down for a half hour last night.

11-14-2012, 06:47 AM
Tyskie
#Lehnsanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs at Knight View Post
UAV spamming is quickly becoming a problem.
Unlocking ghost at 55 is one of the dumber things they did in this game. They already basically killed the perk; there was no need to make it such a late unlock.

Probably going to switch to HC full time though it only has 4 game types apparentely.

Old
11-14-2012, 07:45 AM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

I too am seriously enjoying this game. I enjoyed MW3 to a certain degree but this game is far above it. I've always been a little better at BO then MW. Surprisingly I started off around a 1 KD ratio but shortly there after I absolutely dominated.

The Mtar is a great gun. Once I adjusted the sensitivity the gun has incredible speed and you can get shots off a lot quicker then most enemies. Once I put the target scope on the gun I was killing it even more. That target scope is awesome for some of the bigger maps. It gives you a clear visual target and it licks on pretty quickly. The only drawback is that it's difficult in close range combat sometimes because you're looking down the scope you can't see anything surrounding you.

The create a class is absolutely awesome. I will probably wind up removing the secondary weapons and secondary grenades and just really breasting out my primary gun.

My recommendation would be to play 4-5 games against the bots. I tried out several different of the early stage and later stage weapons with different attachments. I felt ready for multiplayer after I got a strong feel for the game.

11-14-2012, 07:54 AM
wingsnut19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyskie View Post
Unlocking ghost at 55 is one of the dumber things they did in this game. They already basically killed the perk; there was no need to make it such a late unlock.

Probably going to switch to HC full time though it only has 4 game types apparentely.
I think they did the proper thing with the perk, but having any perk be a level 55 unlock is obnoxious. The result for me is that I end up using the default operative class with Skorpion all the time because people keep sending up UAVs. This isn't so bad though, because the setup is actually pretty good, it is just keeping me from testing out all the new guns.

Overall, I like the game. The only issue I'm finding is that there are a lot of places for people to head glitch and stare down long lines of sight. I found this especially bad in Yemen and Turbine. This isn't a problem when it is only one person doing it, because you can just avoid that area, but I ran into full teams playing like this multiple times last night. I think the real problem there is that I need to learn the maps and find flanking routes, so that should be solveable in time.

Doing much better in this game than in MW3. My first game I went 22-11 in Kill Confirmed. I had a couple good games after that, but then I started running into head glitching squads and my K/D and W/L nosedived. I think I settled at around 1.4K/D, level 19. When I quit MW3 it was 1.06 at level 61. Hopefully the head glitching and camping doesn't ruin this game for me.

Old
11-14-2012, 07:59 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguins23 View Post
As mentioned previously, I'm a COD newb and suck at all shooting games but I've finished positive a few times and my KD is around 0.71 so I've exceeded my expectations so far and I'm steadily improving. Solid game so far except for when the XBOX servers went down for a half hour last night.
I think you're higher than me and my kdr in bops 1 for both systems was around 1.93.

Old
11-14-2012, 08:14 AM
Everlasting

vCash: 807
Havent bothered to play a cod since MW1. Tried BO it was actully a little fun. I think all the other modern fps games have made me hate cod a little extra by just coping CODs formula and through that making it so bad
Maybe i give this game a try since i liked BO, but i am really enjoying BF3 at the moment.
Cant belive this game got 9.4 at GT. Now way this game is near perfection, as good as it is.

Old
11-14-2012, 08:18 AM
D Fresh
Certified Dope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyskie View Post

Hardcore capture the flag is tons of fun.

Old
11-14-2012, 08:24 AM
Smoke
dip,dip potato chip

vCash: 977
Now that the server is back it is time for some early morning zombies.

**** yeah.

Old
11-14-2012, 08:25 AM
Johnny Bravo
1st overall again

The maps are freaking awesome! Not only that but I am pwning noobs with a 1.93 K/D

Old
11-14-2012, 08:44 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Anyone else notice the loading screen to play online kinda sounds like the music from NHL 99 ?

Old
11-14-2012, 08:46 AM
Leafs at Knight
Fire Burn the Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin929 View Post
Havent bothered to play a cod since MW1. Tried BO it was actully a little fun. I think all the other modern fps games have made me hate cod a little extra by just coping CODs formula and through that making it so bad
Maybe i give this game a try since i liked BO, but i am really enjoying BF3 at the moment.
Cant belive this game got 9.4 at GT. Now way this game is near perfection, as good as it is.
So you haven't played it, but no way it deserves a 9.4. Interesting....
I believe it does, maybe even higher; there are barely any problems in multiplayer thus far, and the problems that are there can be fixed. Haven't even tried campaign which Ive heard good thing about, and the zombies looks like it could've been a separate game.

Old
11-14-2012, 08:47 AM
Leafs at Knight
Fire Burn the Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Anyone else notice the loading screen to play online kinda sounds like the music from NHL 99 ?
At first the music was decent, but i have grown on it, and i think its amazing. Also like the different types of music they play when the map is loading. ( And the dubstep on Plaza )

Closed Thread