HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

NFL Thread VII: Cue the Mid-Season Slide

Closed Thread

Old
11-12-2012, 12:01 AM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

vCash: 500
Jets ****ing suck. Done defending them. Defense came to play today but the offense is absolutely pathetic and can't be defended. They shoot themselves over and over with the same stupid mistakes (Sanchez red zone pick, Sanchez not protecting the ball going down, Kerley muffing ANOTHER punt.) If this team cut down on the stupid mistakes that do them in every week they'd be in a lot of these games right to the end. I mean the Kerley muffed punt set the Seahawks up for 7 and the Sanchez red zone pick cost the Jets a guaranteed 3. That's a 10 point swing in the Jets favor if they don't make stupid ****ing mistakes.

11-12-2012, 12:11 AM
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
The Eagles look out of it pretty much on a perpetual basis since 2004.

We suddenly turn that around like a magic potion every single time we see them.
I don't know about this year. Seriously, Cowboys scare me more than the Eagles, and we're done with them. Also probably has to do with the fact that we already played within our division four times while the Eagles still have to play four more.

Old
11-12-2012, 06:40 PM
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!

If the Giants go 3-3 they should be ok to make the playoffs. They could go anywhere from 1-5 to 5-1 and it wouldn't surprise me.

Which Giants team shows up in two weeks vs. the Packers?

I agree with everyone it's time to sit Diehl again. Also, I'd try Wilson in the Red Zone....what's the worse that happens?

Also, I like Hixon but he's very brittle. They can find a WR in the draft or a B-Level one via Free Agency. This should be his last year here.

This is sort of a transition year as well because the O-Line will look very different next year and so will the pass rush. Osi is all but gone and who knows if they trade one of Kiwi or Tuck. Bradshaw is also getting long in the tooth.

Old
11-12-2012, 09:10 PM
30theking

they need to start using wilson alot more in the run game. you drafted him with your first pick just so you could occasionally use him on returns? look at what doug martin is doing with tampa. you have to get wilson used to being a starting running back in the nfl.

Old
11-12-2012, 10:26 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
So does Rex Ryan keep his job? Does Mike Tannenbaum? Those dudes have to be fired after this season, I would think. And dump Sanchez and Tebow (and a lot of other dead weight).

Old
11-14-2012, 08:12 AM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

Weatherford has been great for the Giants, here's a good read on him from the Times...

Quote:
Weatherford’s discipline, though — and his ability to avoid his biggest temptation, a loaded hamburger from Red Robin — has been rewarded. At the end of his off-season program, Weatherford was able to leg-press 1,000 pounds 12 times; he could squat 475 pounds; he could bench-press nearly 400 pounds.
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/28/sp...ally.html?_r=0

Old
11-14-2012, 08:38 AM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
Weatherford has been great for the Giants, here's a good read on him from the Times...

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/28/sp...ally.html?_r=0
Do you follow him on Twitter? The guy is friggin' ripped.

The most in shape punter in the history of anything.

11-14-2012, 08:40 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
So does Rex Ryan keep his job? Does Mike Tannenbaum? Those dudes have to be fired after this season, I would think. And dump Sanchez and Tebow (and a lot of other dead weight).
I think they both stay with the injuries giving them a stay of execution. What the Jets need is a football mind in the front office. Tannenbaum is a numbers guy. Rex is a buffoon. They need to find a guy who can evaluate talent and help build a system and philosophy.

It's concerning that the fans have been more perceptive than the Jets front office has been. They foresaw this mess with Tebow when nobody in the Jets management could.

11-14-2012, 08:56 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
After the Jets acquired Tebow in the summer, I swore I was done with them until they cleaned house. Anyone remember that? I'm standing strong. I haven't read a single article about them this year nor watched a single game. The franchise is an utter disgrace and I refuse to support them until they make real changes.

It's just pain.
Old
11-14-2012, 09:02 AM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

Hoping to get some feedback.

Pick 2:
James Jones vs. Detroit
DeSean Jackson vs. Washington [Normally, I'd use this easily because of the laughable matchup but RIP Vick. Unusure about Foles].
Dwayne Bowe vs. Cincy
Steve Smith vs. Tampa

Old
11-14-2012, 09:03 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
After the Jets acquired Tebow in the summer, I swore I was done with them until they cleaned house. Anyone remember that? I'm standing strong. I haven't read a single article about them this year nor watched a single game. The franchise is an utter disgrace and I refuse to support them until they make real changes.
Name the last team, in any sport, that won a championship when valuing headlines over team building and commitment to winning.

Thats what the Jets have become - Woody Johnson is so obsessed with wrestling headlines away from the Giants that he OK's decisions as utterly stupid as the Tebow trade.

Old
11-14-2012, 09:06 AM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
Hoping to get some feedback.

Pick 2:
James Jones vs. Detroit
DeSean Jackson vs. Washington [Normally, I'd use this easily because of the laughable matchup but RIP Vick. Unusure about Foles].
Dwayne Bowe vs. Cincy
Steve Smith vs. Tampa
I'd go Smith and Bowe.

RANGERS =
Old
11-14-2012, 09:35 AM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

Phil Simms doesn't think Eli is elite.

Old
11-14-2012, 09:36 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Name the last team, in any sport, that won a championship when valuing headlines over team building and commitment to winning.

Thats what the Jets have become - Woody Johnson is so obsessed with wrestling headlines away from the Giants that he OK's decisions as utterly stupid as the Tebow trade.
The crazy thing is, he doesn't even care if the headlines are negative ones.

Old
11-14-2012, 09:44 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
And for your sake (and the good Jets fans I know), I hope this happens sooner rather than later. It's terrible what Woody has done with the team lately. I feel for the real hardcore fans. It really reminds me of the late 90s Rangers.

Old
11-14-2012, 09:47 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
And for your sake (and the good Jets fans I know), I hope this happens sooner rather than later. It's terrible what Woody has done with the team lately. I feel for the real hardcore fans. It really reminds me of the late 90s Rangers.
Jets players ripping the back-up QB. Brilliant.

Old
11-14-2012, 09:48 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
Phil Simms doesn't think Eli is elite.
Phil Simms never was elite, so I don't really care about his moronic opinion on the matter. **** Simms and his random, idiotic Giants hatred.

Old
11-14-2012, 09:49 AM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Yeah, I just read that. Coincidentally, I read some article on ESPN the other day about how, despite the losses, the team no longer has locker room problems.

Someone jumped the gun....

Old
11-14-2012, 09:55 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
Phil Simms never was elite, so I don't really care about his moronic opinion on the matter. **** Simms and his random, idiotic Giants hatred.
Eli's bad seasons are as good as Phil's good ones. Simms was the epitome of a middling QB winning because of a great team around him. Could the Giants have won 42 or 46 with their backup QB? Doubtful.

Old
11-14-2012, 09:57 AM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

Quote:
His reasoning doesn't make sense. He said QB's that can make plays on their own are elite.
What's "plays on their own" mean? Running QB's?? If so, by that definition, Brady & Peyton aren't elite either.

Old
11-14-2012, 10:01 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
His reasoning doesn't make sense. He said QB's that can make plays on their own are elite.
What's "plays on their own" mean? Running QB's?? If so, by that definition, Brady & Peyton aren't elite either.
The QBs that can both throw and catch the ball.

He isn't as bad as Kurt Warner i about it though, Id o understand Warner's frustration, even though it wasn't Eli's fault he was jettisoned a half season in.

Old
11-14-2012, 10:02 AM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antithesis View Post
Eli's bad seasons are as good as Phil's good ones. Simms was the epitome of a middling QB winning because of a great team around him. Could the Giants have won 42 or 46 with their backup QB? Doubtful.
42, I highly doubt. 46, we don't make the playoffs let alone win the SB without Eli.

Old
11-14-2012, 10:05 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Rex and Tannenbaum need to go. Rex has officially lost the locker room and Tannenbaum is one of the worst GMs on the planet.

Old
11-14-2012, 10:07 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antithesis View Post
Yep. Phil is just a jealous *********. If the Giants had not won 42 or 46 and Eli had not won the MVPs, Phil would not be spewing this garbage. He's been replaced and his ego cannot tolerate that.

Old
11-14-2012, 10:07 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Kerry Collins in his prime for us was a superior QB to Simms.

Closed Thread