HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

[360 Connected][WESTERN Super League**OLD THREAD**

Old
11-13-2012, 12:30 AM
IButtersI

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wokeupinaz View Post
You'd get me before Minnesota due to my lower seeding, thats if I can even get past San Jose...I've been ******** the bed lately. I need to win some games while Pavelski and Clowe are still hurt.
Yeah I have been sitting some of my top forwards for the last 3 games and I still got Pavelski and Clowe Injured LOL. Atleast they might be back this series.

My Goalie is well rested and this should be a good series.

IButtersI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 01:41 PM
Inside McKenzie

Looking for a GM for Calgary as they are in the playoffs. Chicago, Florida, and New Jersey are also available.

Inside McKenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 03:45 PM
McNashty
HATERS GON' HATE!

Send a message via AIM to McNashty Send a message via MSN to McNashty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inside McKenzie View Post
Looking for a GM for Calgary as they are in the playoffs. Chicago, Florida, and New Jersey are also available.
I could fill in for Calgary?

McNashty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 04:12 PM
noexult
HFBoards Sponsor

I would be willing to take on Chicago, even though they are not in the playoffs

noexult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 04:58 PM
Inside McKenzie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Averys SEC 405 View Post
I could fill in for Calgary?
could be an opportunity to see how your connection is...would you want to take them over permanently if it works out?

Minnesota, he is located in the east, you willing to give it a shot? If the game(s) lag we'd have to call it off, but some people in the east don't lag, and I think I played him in another league without lag not sure

Old
11-13-2012, 04:59 PM
Inside McKenzie

Quote:
Originally Posted by noexult View Post
I would be willing to take on Chicago, even though they are not in the playoffs
Thank you for your interest, are you currently located in Norway? Unfortunately europe is too far away from western north america so there is significant lag when you try to play games

Old
11-13-2012, 05:34 PM
Wombat Legion

Sure I'm definitely willing to try out the connection.

Wombat Legion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 05:43 PM
McNashty
HATERS GON' HATE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inside McKenzie View Post
could be an opportunity to see how your connection is...would you want to take them over permanently if it works out?

Minnesota, he is located in the east, you willing to give it a shot? If the game(s) lag we'd have to call it off, but some people in the east don't lag, and I think I played him in another league without lag not sure
Yes, I could take them over permanently.

Old
11-13-2012, 05:44 PM
McNashty
HATERS GON' HATE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wombat Legion View Post
Sure I'm definitely willing to try out the connection.
Once I get accepted I can play around 9-9:30 EST and anytime after if that is okay with you!

Old
11-13-2012, 05:52 PM
Inside McKenzie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Averys SEC 405 View Post
Once I get accepted I can play around 9-9:30 EST and anytime after if that is okay with you!
accepted

Old
11-13-2012, 05:57 PM
McNashty
HATERS GON' HATE!

WILL BE PLAYING RIGHT NOW!
WITH KIPPER & GLENCROSS GONE, WILL BE LOOKING FOR PEOPLE TO STEP IT UP!

Old
11-13-2012, 06:11 PM
Inside McKenzie

Playoff tree updated see post #466

Calgary / Minnesota and Bruins / Flyers about to begin while Rangers / Jets expected to resume later this evening. The underdog jets have a 3 games to 1 stranglehold on the Rangers. Quite a difference a late season coaching change has made to the team!

Old
11-13-2012, 06:20 PM
McNashty
HATERS GON' HATE!

GAME 1 RECAP:

It was a hard fought game, but Backstrom looked a tad bit shaky in net. The Flames knew they needed some people to step up and that's exactly what happened! Henrik Karlsson stepped into the crease with big shoes to fill and he impressed everyone with a 20 save shutout! Blake Comeau also stepped up with the 1st two goals of the game and then Jarome Iginla finished it off with the final goal with under a minute to play in the game. The Flames are looking forward to finishing what looks to be a great series!

Game 1: Calgary 3 - Minnesota 0

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by McNashty: 11-13-2012 at 11:25 PM.
Old
11-13-2012, 06:50 PM
Wombat Legion

Awesome first game Calgary! Karlsson was looking a lot like Kipper in that first game! The flames bold move of hiring a new coach immediately before the playoffs seems to be paying off so far!

Old
11-13-2012, 07:20 PM
Inside McKenzie

Outstanding game 1 between Boston and Philly. Bryzgalov let in a ridiculous shot from just inside the blueline on the first shift. Duncan Keith tied it with 2 minutes left and then got the OT winner late in double overtime.

Game 2 was very close as well with Boston edging the Flyers 2-0.

Game 3 another very close game with the Bruins winning 3-2.

Game 4 was 1-0 for most of the game until the Flyers tied it late, but with less than 30 seconds remaining the Bruins scored the game and series winner to win 2-1.

Amazing series, games were all very close.

Last edited by Inside McKenzie: 11-13-2012 at 08:08 PM.
Old
11-13-2012, 07:45 PM
ubiquitous
*shink*

Hahahaha oh God, the Coyotes. Teach me more about the flop shot!

ubiquitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 09:55 PM
Pucker77

Whoever possesses Ottawa's first round pick, please eithe rpm me on here or message me on Xbox. After a dismal season I would like my first roster move as Sens GM to be to reacquire the first round pick we lost from dealings by the previous GM.

Send me a pm that says what it would take for you to trade me my pick back.

Pucker77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 11:29 PM
McNashty
HATERS GON' HATE!

GAME 2 RECAP:

The Flames were looking to steal another big one on the road in Minnesota and that's exactly what looked like was going to happen when Jay Bouwmeester drove down and blasted one past Nik Backstrom on the 1st shot of the game. Karlsson continued his shutout streak into the 2nd but then it fell apart. Karlsson couldn't control the rebounds and he allowed Minnesota to gain all the momentum and jump out to a 4-1 lead. Things settled down in the 3rd and Calgary scored an early goal in hopes to mount the come back but it was just too much and Minnesota tied the series up at 1 a piece.

Game 2: Calgary 2 - Minnesota 4

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Old
11-13-2012, 11:55 PM
McNashty
HATERS GON' HATE!

GAME 3 RECAP:

Where oh where has Karlsson from Game 1 go? He has shown his weakness' and Minnesota is taking advantage. Another 4-2 defeat for the Flames. They need to start fighting hard and Karlsson needs to step up again as he did in Game 1.

Game 3: Calgary 2 - Minnesota 4

Old
11-14-2012, 12:46 AM
McNashty
HATERS GON' HATE!

SERIES RECAP:

In the end, the Flames really missed Kipper. Karlsson showed confidence in Game 1 but it was all down hill from there, allowing 4 goals in 3 games and then 3 in the final game in OT. The team fought hard and never gave up in trying to come back into the series but Minnesota was just too much for the young goaltender. It was a great series and Calgary wishes Minnesota the best of luck through out the rest of the playoffs.

Old
11-14-2012, 01:23 AM
jonyro84

I would be interested in Chicago if they are still available. Gt is - THE JOHNster84. Live in cali

jonyro84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 01:58 AM
Inside McKenzie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonyro84 View Post
I would be interested in Chicago if they are still available. Gt is - THE JOHNster84. Live in cali
ok great, apply in the game and ill add you tommorow

Old
11-14-2012, 02:12 AM
Wombat Legion

Props to Calgary for putting up a huge fight and keeping every game intense despite missing your franchise goaltender.

Game 1

Things sure didn't look promising early on as Karlsson was an absolute monster in game 1. The Wild peppered him with shots throughout the game, but couldn't solve the giant Swede. Meanwhile, Nicklas Backstrom appeared to show some Playoff jitters, letting in a couple soft goals. In the end, the Calgary Flames stole the first game of the playoffs on the road with a convincing 3-0 shutout victory.

Game 2

Karlsson continued to play rock steady, turning aside numberous scoring chances in the 1st period. However, the flood-gates finally opened in the 2nd period of Game 2, as Minnesota potted 4 goals including 2 from Danny Heatley. "During the intermission, coach just kept at us to not get discouraged and keep putting the puck on net and it definitely paid off tonight." The Flames applied a ton of pressure in the 3rd, but the Wild held on to win 4-2 and tie the series 1-1 heading to Calgary.

Game 3

Minnesota was excited to finally get back Tom Gilbert who was returning from injury and played the majority of the season on the 1st defensive pair. His return was extremely short lived tho, as immediately after the opening faceoff a nasty knee-on-knee collision was delivered by captain Jarome Iginla in an effort to energize his team. Unfortunately, Gilbert suffered an MCL sprain which will sideline him for the remainder of the post-season. Despite being down to 5 defenseman for the entire game the Wild played some inspired hockey, lead by Zach Parise. His top corner snipe in the 2nd period proved to be the game winner, and he followed that up with an insurance goal in the 3rd to seal a 4-2 victory. The Wild stole back home ice and took a 2-1 series lead.

Game 4

Game 4 started out fast and furious as Henrik Zetterburg lasered one past Karlsson on the opening shift of the game. It didn't last long tho as Iginla evened the score on the very next shift. It was a hotly contested affair, but Z and Parise scored 2 more in the 2nd and the Wild won 4-2 for the 3rd straight game. "We knew it wasn't going to be easy, but we managed to find a way to win both game in Calgary. We have a lot of belief in this locker room and want to make sure we take care of business at home in Game 5" said Zetterburg post game.

Game 5

To the delight of the home town crowd Minnesota took an early 2-0 lead off goals from Parise and captain Mikko Koivu, only to see it disappear as the resilient Flames were determined to force a Game 6. the 3rd period solved nothing and the series shifted to overtime for the first time. A few minutes in, Heatley received a pass mid flight from Michael Del Zotto and wired a wicked wrister on net. Karlsson couldn't control the rebound as it landed right on Parise's stick and he made no mistake. "In all my years in the league I've very rarely heard a crowd explode like that. I know how passionate the fans are here about their hockey and we're happy to get this victory for them. We know there's a long way to go and we're looking forward to our next matchup and hopefully we can keep this going."

Last edited by Wombat Legion: 11-14-2012 at 02:40 AM.
Old
11-14-2012, 03:26 AM
Degenerate191

Philadelphia would like to congratulate the Boston Bruins on advancing to the Eastern Conference Semi Finals. It was a hard fought series, and in the end I just didn't have any finish. The Boston GM did a great job putting together a deep and dynamic defensive core. And if you're lucky enough to get a scoring opportunity, Tuuka Rask is there to shut it down. I don't envy the team who gets the B's in the next round.

Degenerate191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 11:18 AM
ubiquitous
*shink*

Phoenix, I'll play you on Thursday, school is busy busy busy lately.

ubiquitous is offline   Reply With Quote