HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Defensive help to Ottawa

Old
11-13-2012, 09:10 PM
Benny FTW
Head Light Fluid

vCash: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by S3rkie View Post
Stephen Elliott + for zibanejad ?
Dont need an unproven player and that + would have to be huge, bigger than Elliot.

Benny FTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 09:11 PM
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DropkickQuinn View Post
Ruutu is likely going to play 3C in Carolina this year, and he is no doubt better than Regin. Stajan is overpaid but is still quite good defensively. Gordon is one of the best PKers in the league, and Helm is a speed demon who is also very adept defensively. Steen played 3C all of last year, so I don't know why you said he is a better winger.

Im clearly not going to make any headway arguing with you, I just find it mindboggling how much you overrate Regin, without any real reason either. He just simply isn't a noteworthy player, and nowhere close to top 10 at his position
uhhh, doubt very much Ruutu is gonna play centre. According to who? He's not a centre anymore.

Stajan is quite horrible. If you actually think Stajan is better defensively than Regin... I don't even know what to say.

The DRW would be a better team with Regin as their 3C instead of Helm. Not saying they would make the trade straight up (because of injuries).

Steen played no centre last year. I can't trust anything you say. Literally pulling stuff out of your butt.

You are clearly underrating Regin, quite heavily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
Peter Regin isn't even the best 3rd line center on your team.

That job belongs to Zack Smith who does what a 3rd line center is suppose to do which is be able to take key defensive faceoffs, be one of the top penalty killers and make the lives of the other teams top players difficult by playing a physical game.

Regin is more like a guy who isn't good enough offensively for the 2nd line but not also suited for the 3rd line.
How do you know. Regin when healthy >> what Smith has shown so far. AINEC.

I don't really care about faceoffs when it comes to Regin. Here's why: he's a terrific puck possession player, the Sens have the puck the majority of the time he's on the ice. Therefore I don't really care if he only wins 46% of his faceoffs or whatever it is. He still gets the puck regardless.

Regin may have offensive limitations that may not get him a spot on a prototypical 2nd line... but he's still an amazing all around contributor to his hockey team.

Regin is Zetterberg lite. He's Zetterberg with less offense.

MAK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 09:27 PM
S3rkie

vCash: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny FTW View Post
Dont need an unproven player and that + would have to be huge, bigger than Elliot.
my bad i thought a trade suiting both teams needs, with two unproven player swaps, plus a sweetener to even the values would make sense, but i guess im wrong

S3rkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 09:43 PM
stempniaksen
Alright, I'm mad

I think Ottawa is much more likely to trade for a #4 or #5 defenceman than a #2 or #3 defenceman, so all this Edler talk can dissapear. I doubt they trade for a player without decent NHL experice either or they would just insert Borowiecki or Wiercioch into the lineup. I think it's more likely they end up with a Niskanen, A.Greene, Stralman, Schlemko, Butler type of guy. Maybe something around Jim O'Brien/Erik Condra and one of those guys?

Hjalmarsson still makes a ton of sense, but I don't think Ottawa and Chicago make particularly good trading partners.

stempniaksen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 09:56 PM

Regin compared to Zetterberg? I havent payed close attention to him but wasent aware he so regarded so highly.

1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 10:14 PM
HavlatMach9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcy Regier View Post
Regin compared to Zetterberg? I havent payed close attention to him but wasent aware he so regarded so highly.
He's not.

HavlatMach9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 11:51 PM
Sensation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcy Regier View Post
Comparable in playing style, not talent.

Sensation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 11:52 PM
untouchable21
You've been TROUBA'D

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
uhhh, doubt very much Ruutu is gonna play centre. According to who? He's not a centre anymore.

Stajan is quite horrible. If you actually think Stajan is better defensively than Regin... I don't even know what to say.

The DRW would be a better team with Regin as their 3C instead of Helm. Not saying they would make the trade straight up (because of injuries).

Steen played no centre last year. I can't trust anything you say. Literally pulling stuff out of your butt.

I don't really care about faceoffs when it comes to Regin. Here's why: he's a terrific puck possession player, the Sens have the puck the majority of the time he's on the ice. Therefore I don't really care if he only wins 46% of his faceoffs or whatever it is. He still gets the puck regardless.

Regin may have offensive limitations that may not get him a spot on a prototypical 2nd line... but he's still an amazing all around contributor to his hockey team.

WOW ... just WOW!!!!! Something horribly wrong with that statement. Those two players are not even marginally close to the same. Zetterberg lite would be quite a bit better than Regin.

Not saying Regin is a bad player, but c'mon let's be realistic with comparisons.

untouchable21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 01:39 AM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by untouchable21 View Post
[/B]

WOW ... just WOW!!!!! Something horribly wrong with that statement. Those two players are not even marginally close to the same. Zetterberg lite would be quite a bit better than Regin.

Not saying Regin is a bad player, but c'mon let's be realistic with comparisons.
It's purely in terms of playing style. He's "Zetterberg over 2," more realistically. About half the offence and 3/4ths of the defence but they go about both in similar ways.

wubwubwubwub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 04:09 AM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

Quote:

Chill, dude. Chill.

Nobody outside Ottawa knows what we have in Regin. Because of his last few injuries, he's had less exposure than an exposed nipple at a church barbeque in Utah. There is no sense in arguing about what kind of player Regin is, as most fans who don't follow the Sens are in the dark as to his potential / skill level.

You know he's good. So do I. If other fans aren't interested, just let it go.

Last edited by BonkTastic: 11-14-2012 at 04:21 AM.
BonkTastic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 05:18 AM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjiv1 View Post
Craig Anderson for Niklas Hjarmlsson

Lehner is going to get the chance to be the Sens #1 Goalie, it's only a matter of time.

And if it doesn't work out, the Sens get a good draft pick in a deep draft, where half the season was written off anyways.
We could probably get Hjalmarsson for Bishop. Why give up Anderson?

Overpayment.

Old
11-14-2012, 09:49 AM
SpezDispenser

We have a replacement, it's Mark Borowiecki - as well it should be. This kid is rock solid defensively, is nasty as nasty comes and has shown improvement in every pro situation he's been put in. He's taking too many penalties in Bingo this year, but that'll change - especially if there's a prolonged lockout.

If not him, Andre Benoit is massively underrated. Love this guy's game and he could easily step into a bottom pairing role.

Lastly, most Sens fans think Patrick Wiercioch can be a much better NHLer than an AHLer - I assume he'd get a look as well.

SpezDispenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 10:15 AM
Qward
Because! That's why!

vCash: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpezDispenser View Post
We have a replacement, it's Mark Borowiecki - as well it should be. This kid is rock solid defensively, is nasty as nasty comes and has shown improvement in every pro situation he's been put in. He's taking too many penalties in Bingo this year, but that'll change - especially if there's a prolonged lockout.

If not him, Andre Benoit is massively underrated. Love this guy's game and he could easily step into a bottom pairing role.

Lastly, most Sens fans think Patrick Wiercioch can be a much better NHLer than an AHLer - I assume he'd get a look as well.
First of all, if you have watched Boro this year, you would see he is not doing well. Making dumb mistakes and taking dumb penalties.

Second, The purpose was to find a top 4 defender.

Benoit, Boro and Weir are bottom pairing right now.
After a full season in the NHL Weir could move up. Right now I would not put him there.

Qward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 10:23 AM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:

7th D-man for awesome 3rd line centre + 2nd rounder

Get real
doesn't regin have concussion issues or something

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 10:33 AM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

volchinkov back to ottawa?

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 10:50 AM
2Cowen

vCash: 920
Really wish Schultz would of came to Ottawa. He is absolutely ripping it up right now

2Cowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 10:51 AM
Qward
Because! That's why!

vCash: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
doesn't regin have concussion issues or something
He had a shoulder problem. Had surgery.

Qward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 11:09 AM
White Goodman
smell that fitness?

Quote:
Originally Posted by S3rkie View Post
Stephen Elliott + for zibanejad ?
The only way I see Zibanejad (++) to the Avs is if Landeskog/or Johnson came back. There's really nothing the Avs have that we need. No offence to Duchene, Stastny, O'rly, etc. We're set down the middle.

Spezza
Turris
Zibanejad
Smith/Regin/Da Costa/Pageau
O'Brien
Grant

White Goodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 05:45 PM
Security Guard Chang*
Chang's Army

Bogosian would be the absolute perfect fit.

Security Guard Chang* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 06:48 PM
Karlssonlee

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjiv1 View Post
Craig Anderson for Niklas Hjarmlsson

Lehner is going to get the chance to be the Sens #1 Goalie, it's only a matter of time.

And if it doesn't work out, the Sens get a good draft pick in a deep draft, where half the season was written off anyways.
I actually like this proposal a lot.

Ben Bishop and Robin Lehner can fight for the #1 position at training camp

Karlssonlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 06:57 PM
HavlatMach9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Security Guard Chang View Post
Bogosian would be the absolute perfect fit.
Sure, but they'd would add more to him and ask for Karlsson, so no go.

HavlatMach9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 08:28 PM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlssonlee View Post
I actually like this proposal a lot.

Ben Bishop and Robin Lehner can fight for the #1 position at training camp
I dislike this proposal a lot.

Having two goalies with less than 40 NHL games combined? When was the last time that ever worked out for anyone?

Look at the Maple Leafs to see how badly having two inexperienced goalies can bow up in your face.

Old
11-14-2012, 10:36 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

I'd offer a lot for Bogosian... A lot.

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 10:57 PM
ginovegas

Habs have a few D available
any interest in Kaberle, Diaz, Weber?

ginovegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 11:31 PM
Marvelous Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginovegas View Post
Habs have a few D available
any interest in Kaberle, Diaz, Weber?
Diaz and Weber potentially, depending on the value you place on them.

Marvelous Manked is offline   Reply With Quote