HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

N. Kadri discussion thread v12

Closed Thread

Old
11-13-2012, 03:44 PM
nsleaf

vCash: 500
So Kadri is not having a good season in the A?? That is disappointing, was hoping he would really step it up. Still early though!

Old
11-13-2012, 04:55 PM
HockeyThoughts
Delivering The Truth

He's already at 7pts in 11gp on the season, Kadri really just needs one more big game to fix his PPG. People seem to forget the AHL season goes 82 games. All it takes is a short hot streak and a few multi-point games for all those opposing him to forget why exactly they were in the first place.

I'm awaiting Matt Frattin's return.. Adding a guy who paces at 50G in the AHL to Kadri's line will definitely have a positive impact on his confidence and subsequently, his overall game.

Last edited by Leaf Rocket: 11-13-2012 at 05:27 PM. Reason: no use of the word hate.
Old
11-13-2012, 05:16 PM
ToneBone03
LEAFS

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyThoughts View Post
He's already at 7pts in 11gp on the season, Kadri really just needs one more big game to fix his PPG. People seem to forget the AHL season goes 82 games. All it takes is a short hot streak and a few multi-point games for all those opposing him to forget why exactly they were in the first place.

I'm awaiting Matt Frattin's return.. Adding a guy who paces at 50G in the AHL to Kadri's line will definitely have a positive impact on his confidence and subsequently, his overall game.
Completely agree. Frattin's return will mean Nazem will elevate his game and, in turn, his numbers. I can't really say much about him because I've been moreorless paying attention to how our CHL prospects are doing. If Kadri is playing both ends of the ice these days I see it as a huge positive, even if his numbers aren't as good.

Last edited by Leaf Rocket: 11-13-2012 at 05:27 PM. Reason: qep
Old
11-13-2012, 05:28 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Folks please don't use words such as troll and hate.

Also the Colborne Kadri and scott line has great chemistry atm it sounds like. I hope they start potting in the goals and start getting the points for this team.

11-13-2012, 06:09 PM
TmlHockeyFan

I was hoping Kadri would get a goal or a multipoint night because he was playing against 2 of his previous line mates. Oh well, at least he wasn't pointless today. He also played a solid game.

Old
11-13-2012, 08:24 PM
OptimusForever
#teambernier

vCash: 50
Any updates on frattin's return?

Old
11-13-2012, 08:36 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusForever View Post
Any updates on frattin's return?
still should be two weeks, since its been weeks or so since we heard about him. It was estimated that he would be close to ready after the road trip and it's almost done, last game is in Hamilton.

Old
11-14-2012, 12:19 AM
Dangles McGavin
Embrace the Petri

I personally see Kadri and Ryan Strome as similar players.

Don't particularly think either will be anything special.

That Huberdeau kid, on the other hand...

Old
11-14-2012, 10:54 AM
Fogelhund

It really depends on your definition of special. I never thought we'd drafted an elite first line player... I'd hoped we'd picked up a good second line player, someone capable of 45-60 points year in, and year out, on reasonable contracts for a time. I was very critical at 3pts in nine games, as everyone should be. After sitting for a game, he's now had 4pts in the last two games, and 7 in eleven games isn't bad. If he has a few more multi-point nights, he'll be back on track. I hope he becomes a serviceable NHL player, it just benefits the team to have as many prospects as possible work out, whether they play for us, or allow us to make moves.

Old
11-14-2012, 11:01 AM
TmlHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
It really depends on your definition of special. I never thought we'd drafted an elite first line player... I'd hoped we'd picked up a good second line player, someone capable of 45-60 points year in, and year out, on reasonable contracts for a time. I was very critical at 3pts in nine games, as everyone should be. After sitting for a game, he's now had 4pts in the last two games, and 7 in eleven games isn't bad. If he has a few more multi-point nights, he'll be back on track. I hope he becomes a serviceable NHL player, it just benefits the team to have as many prospects as possible work out, whether they play for us, or allow us to make moves.
I hope we keep Kadri and Colborne, then call them up next year. They are two of my favourite Marlies prospects right now aside from Gardiner.

Old
11-14-2012, 11:03 AM
Fogelhund

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmlhockeyfan View Post
They are two of my favourite Marlies prospects right now aside from Gardiner.
Calling Gardiner a Marlies prospect is a bit like calling RNH, Hall or Eberle Baron's prospects... these are all guys who have made it to the NHL, not really prospects so to speak, at least by my definition. They wouldn't be there if there wasn't a lockout, Kadri and Colborne would.

Old
11-14-2012, 11:04 AM
TmlHockeyFan

Quote:
Calling Gardiner a Marlies prospect is a bit like calling RNH, Hall or Eberle Baron's prospects... these are all guys who have made it to the NHL, not really prospects so to speak, at least by my definition. They wouldn't be there if there wasn't a lockout, Kadri and Colborne would.
That's true I just said that up because other people would point out Gardiner.

Old
11-14-2012, 11:14 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
I think this season Kadri might have made it out of the pre-season training, that's just me though lol. I know he was close last year however I don't mind him toiling in the AHL extra years, never does any damage unlike injury plagued prospect. We can say that about cowen now since he is out for the season.

Old
11-14-2012, 01:08 PM
TMLKesselftw

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
I think this season Kadri might have made it out of the pre-season training, that's just me though lol. I know he was close last year however I don't mind him toiling in the AHL extra years, never does any damage unlike injury plagued prospect. We can say that about cowen now since he is out for the season.
Not just you, I second that.... I believe he would've made it last year if not for the injury, or at least he should have (Wilson seemed to dislike him).

Old
11-17-2012, 01:12 PM
HockeyThoughts
Delivering The Truth

So now that Kadri's broke out of his slump we don't talk about him anymore?

Figures..

Old
11-17-2012, 02:56 PM
LeafOfBread
van Dreamsdyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyThoughts View Post
So now that Kadri's broke out of his slump we don't talk about him anymore?

Figures..
Lol that's exactly what I thought. This thread was definitely a lot more active when he was struggling. Including the 2 assists he has tonight, that's 8 pts in his last 4, and now 11 pts in 13 games. A couple more games like this and he'll be above PPG. Especially with Frattin back now it should be even easier.

Old
11-17-2012, 02:57 PM
TmlHockeyFan

8 points and counting in four games. What a bust.

Old
11-17-2012, 03:40 PM
LeafOfBread
van Dreamsdyk

Make that 9.

Old
11-17-2012, 03:41 PM
TmlHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafOfBread View Post
Make that 9.
Yup. That's why I said "and counting".

Old
11-17-2012, 03:41 PM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

vCash: 657
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafOfBread View Post
Lol that's exactly what I thought. This thread was definitely a lot more active when he was struggling. Including the 2 assists he has tonight, that's 8 pts in his last 4, and now 11 pts in 13 games. A couple more games like this and he'll be above PPG. Especially with Frattin back now it should be even easier.
12 in 13 actually

Old
11-17-2012, 03:44 PM
LeafOfBread
van Dreamsdyk

Anyone think Kadri will get player of the week?

Edit: November seems to be his month. Last year he won player of the month for November

Old
11-17-2012, 03:52 PM
LeafsMonster
MeowLeafs is awesome

Good on kadri for getting back on a roll. Not too worried about the goals because he's a playmaker and he's still producing. A couple more games like his last few and he'll be more than ppg pace. Looking back to his slow start to this, man he's come from behind really fast. Thats even more impressive than if he was a stable ppg from the start.

Old
11-17-2012, 03:53 PM
TmlHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsMonster View Post
Good on kadri for getting back on a roll. Not too worried about the goals because he's a playmaker and he's still producing. A couple more games like his last few and he'll be more than ppg pace. Looking back to his slow start to this, man he's come from behind really fast. Thats even more impressive than if he was a stable ppg from the start.
Yeah I hope he becomes well over a PPG by the end of the season. This would show Burke who is NHL ready. This lockout might be a huge benefit for Kadri.

Old
11-17-2012, 03:59 PM
LeafsMonster
MeowLeafs is awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmlhockeyfan View Post
Yeah I hope he becomes well over a PPG by the end of the season. This would show Burke who is NHL ready. This lockout might be a huge benefit for Kadri.
I hope so too. Hopefully burke doesn't hang on kadri's goal totals.

Old
11-17-2012, 04:00 PM
TmlHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsMonster View Post
I hope so too. Hopefully burke doesn't hang on kadri's goal totals.
If he does, I would say he's just looking for excuses not to call up Kadri. I'm glad Carlyle apparently shows faith in him.

Closed Thread