HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

I don't think Radulov is that good

Old
11-14-2012, 08:03 AM
Tarasenko
Unregistered User

vCash: 500
A NHL team could brainwash him with their secret laboratories, so he would be willing to play with his teammates and for his coach like every other players. He would probably finish in the top15 scorers for sure.

Tarasenko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 08:44 AM
April Ethereal
Eternal rains...

Talented, but extremely self absorbed. Showed how much he cared when he got caught partying instead of following rules.

But then again, we all know rules don't apply to Russians, right?

April Ethereal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 08:52 AM
BobDobolina

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashtyAttack View Post
He's a waste of a roster spot. Yeah he has a ton of skill and blah, blah, blah.....but his attitude is the killer. The "I'm the so important" mindset may fly in Russia, but here, it's not about that. He makes Russian players look bad. Hell, even Semin is a better teammate than him.
Why? What does he have to do with all the other Russian players?

BobDobolina is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 10:29 AM
kp61c

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewOilRising View Post
Talented, but extremely self absorbed. Showed how much he cared when he got caught partying instead of following rules.

But then again, we all know rules don't apply to Russians, right?
he didnt party. he was 10 minutes late for team curfew.

kp61c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 10:39 AM
BonMorrison
Sexy Back

The cultural bias in here is delicious.

BonMorrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 10:44 AM
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bure View Post
Source? Not everyone prefers the almighty NHL. How dare he choose a league that pays him better , situated in a place where he is a lot more comfortable. If those 2 things make someone have no balls then I'd have none either.

Grow up.
He was still under contract in North America when he left. That isn't going to fly with a lot of people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi Trollinen View Post
Him and Semin get dumped on a lot and while some if it has merit, a lot of it is just Russian bias from an uniformed base of people (mostly Canadian)

Rick Nash pulled a Dwight Howard, ****** move on the Blue Jackets and held his team hostage and threw them under the bus. But because he's a "Good Brampton Kid" no one cares. Although, being Canadian means Nash has "intangibles" which we all know amount for everything and anything, but conveniently can't be measured and seem to encompass anything reporters and the media see fit.
Nobody thinks Nash has intangibles, in fact he gets dumped on a lot for not getting much done with the Blue Jackets. Also, he told the GM that he wanted out in private, and said GM spilled the beans to the media and put Nash under the bus. You are remembering it incorrectly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VladNYC View Post
This is the thing right here.

The fact is that while being hurt and not having played on the small ice in years, he was Nashville's best player by far. After which Nashville pulled one of the stupidest moves in the history of hockey by benching their best two players after they were 15 min late for curfew while being down in a playoff series. With stupidity like that running the team, no wonder he wanted out of there.

Is Radulov the best player in the world? No. Is he one of the top forwards playing hockey right now, absolutely. Guys like Semin and Datsyuk and Kovalev are more skilled then Radulov but what people don't really know about him is his amazing hockey vision, hockey IQ and an unquenchable fire to score, win and be the hero.

It's funny how people here accuse him of being a coward or not playing hard when he is known to be a no fear, play your ass off kind of player in the KHL.

All you guys who discount the accomplishments of guys like Radulov and Morozov in the KHL are just ignorant. There is great hockey out side of the NHL that requires a different skill set and it's nobody's fault but your own that you guys are ignorant of it. For example Kiril Koltsov is one of the best offensive defensemen in the world and what percentage of HFboards even knows who he is?
1. Radulov was not "by far" their best player. That Nashville team succeeded as a team, with contributions by most of their forwards and with help by two of the best defensemen in the world, not to mention Rinne playing his game in net.

2. What does that tell you when Barry Trotz chooses to put "their best player" out for two games?

3. Be the hero? When?

4. You are severely estimating the KHL. They have a fine league, but you cannot act like the league is the same as the NHL. Different ice, different players (many of which who aren't at the same level as the elite talents in the NHL), and different systems. Your performance in the KHL isn't an indicator of how well you will do in the NHL as far as I'm concerned, which doesn't matter since I don't see Radulov coming back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kp61c View Post
he didnt party. he was 10 minutes late for team curfew.
And despite that "small issue", Trotz decided to bench him while down in a playoff series. That says a lot about how a coach like Trotz felt about his attitude during the series.

I may not think he is gutless like some people do, but some people like to wave away his issues and give him much more credit than he actually deserves. The thread dedicated to him coming back was an example.

ArGarBarGar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 10:53 AM
Mystlyfe
We're Touched

This article is on Alex Semin, but much of it holds true for Radulov. He's not a "complete" player, but he does a lot of things that other players simply cannot do.

http://thehockeywriters.com/overtime...he-10-percent/

Mystlyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 11:23 AM
tony d
Ours for next 7 yrs.

I agree the guy is over-rated. Everyone spoke about him, when he came back last season, like he was going to be a consistent all star. The guy ended up disappointing and will probably end up staying in Russia for the rest of his career.

11-14-2012, 11:28 AM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 50
Yeah, he was Stinkulov with the Preds, that's for sure.

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 11:37 AM
CoolForumNamePending

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
The people saying he was a top 10 forward in the world were wrong. The people pretending he isn't a good player are actually even more off-base in my opinion. He is probably top 50 player in the world. He is a talented player and he produces year in and year out. He was near the point a game mark last year during his brief time back not bad considering the change in game. He would make all-star games. The guy is a quality player he gets more hate than he really deserves in North America. Sure he has his problems, but so does Patrick Kane for instance. He can't backcheck to save his life and has frequent off-ice PR disasters. If he was Russian I cannot imagine the label he would have if his home country changed.
This is close enough to what I would have posted so I will just thank you for doing the hard work and quote you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelhockey View Post
Where is this coming from? Did he do something new?
Not to my knowledge, but it has been a while since we have had a thread about a 'enigmatic' Russian or eastern European player so I guess this place was due.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewOilRising View Post

If only he cared as much about the organization as Suter or Weber. Hasn't it long been understood he wasn't out 'partying'? I get he screwed up and missed team curfew (honestly what a clueless tool) and the team needs to descipline him but I thought the idea of him stumbling back drunk (or in a k-hole or whatever) to the hotel @ 4:00 AM was put to rest months ago?

EDIT: I know you didn't make those claims but I am old and out of touch and just trying to understand what is considered partying these days.

Last edited by CoolForumNamePending: 11-14-2012 at 11:53 AM.
CoolForumNamePending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 11:49 AM
M Gaz
Drink to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobDobolina View Post
Why? What does he have to do with all the other Russian players?
He's the stereotypical "lazy Russian".

M Gaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 11:53 AM
HockeyThoughts
Delivering The Truth

Quote:
He's a waste of a roster spot. Yeah he has a ton of skill and blah, blah, blah.....but his attitude is the killer. The "I'm the so important" mindset may fly in Russia, but here, it's not about that. He makes Russian players look bad. Hell, even Semin is a better teammate than him.
I'm confused.. What did Semin be to be a bad teammate? Not fight Marc Staal correctly?

HockeyThoughts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 11:53 AM
Human
cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonMorrison View Post
The cultural bias in here is delicious.
east european who's favorite player is Malkin here saying that the russian homerism is just as delicious.

Human is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 11:56 AM
CoolForumNamePending

Quote:
He's the stereotypical "lazy Russian".
Which is ironic since making stereotypes is generally a pretty lazy way to go.

CoolForumNamePending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 12:05 PM
Yashintangibles
6 Million Dollar Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArGarBarGar View Post
He was still under contract in North America when he left. That isn't going to fly with a lot of people.

Nobody thinks Nash has intangibles, in fact he gets dumped on a lot for not getting much done with the Blue Jackets. Also, he told the GM that he wanted out in private, and said GM spilled the beans to the media and put Nash under the bus. You are remembering it incorrectly.

1. Radulov was not "by far" their best player. That Nashville team succeeded as a team, with contributions by most of their forwards and with help by two of the best defensemen in the world, not to mention Rinne playing his game in net.

2. What does that tell you when Barry Trotz chooses to put "their best player" out for two games?

3. Be the hero? When?

4. You are severely estimating the KHL. They have a fine league, but you cannot act like the league is the same as the NHL. Different ice, different players (many of which who aren't at the same level as the elite talents in the NHL), and different systems. Your performance in the KHL isn't an indicator of how well you will do in the NHL as far as I'm concerned, which doesn't matter since I don't see Radulov coming back.

And despite that "small issue", Trotz decided to bench him while down in a playoff series. That says a lot about how a coach like Trotz felt about his attitude during the series.

I may not think he is gutless like some people do, but some people like to wave away his issues and give him much more credit than he actually deserves. The thread dedicated to him coming back was an example.

Radulov performed in any league he played in. Maybe he just doesn't give a **** about the NHL you know. Best troll ever ?

Last edited by Yashintangibles: 11-14-2012 at 12:09 PM. Reason: Typo
Yashintangibles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 12:15 PM
Harry Waters

Quote:
What is this? How does he make Russian players look bad? No one is claiming "Cooke/Torres make Canadian players look bad". But if a Russian player does something that can be questioned, it is a russian thing. Keep the prejudices coming.

Harry Waters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 12:25 PM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

Weber and Suter sucked. Radulov was fine.

Poile sucks too.

SimplySensational is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 12:26 PM
haveandare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi Trollinen View Post
Him and Semin get dumped on a lot and while some if it has merit, a lot of it is just Russian bias from an uniformed base of people (mostly Canadian)

Rick Nash pulled a Dwight Howard, ****** move on the Blue Jackets and held his team hostage and threw them under the bus. But because he's a "Good Brampton Kid" no one cares. Although, being Canadian means Nash has "intangibles" which we all know amount for everything and anything, but conveniently can't be measured and seem to encompass anything reporters and the media see fit.
Rick Nash put in 9 seasons with Columbus and ended up leaving the team in a trade that the team's GM agreed to in exchange for two capable roster players, a first round pick and a solid D prospect. Radulov played 2 seasons with Nashville and then left them mid-contract on his own terms for another league, which gave the team that drafted and developed him absolutely nothing in return.

I'm not Canadian and I like Russian players just fine but Radulov screwed the team that drafted him and now he's getting criticized for it. Nash played for the team that drafted him for nearly a decade and when he was traded, his team got valuable assets in return. They aren't comparable actions at all.

haveandare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingForsberg View Post
I like Radulov. He's a VERY skilled player but does have some serious flaws. I think he could have been s very good NHL player had he not been as greedy and demanding. On an offensive team like the Flyers or Capitals of 07-10 I think his skills would have been put to better use. Hopefully one day he can make it back to the NHL.
The Flyers gave Zherdev a shot during that period nd he couldn't maintain a regular roster position. Radulov likely wouldn't have fared much better.

96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 01:00 PM
Elever
Hth

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorofTime View Post
He's better than half the players on the Canadian national team. Always fun to see Canuckers bash whatever Russian comes along.
He's just as offensively gifted as half of them but he's not a better all-round player.

He has dynamic game breaking talent of course but what I noticed is that his game breaking talent can be shut down by a tighter or tougher defence more in comparison to a true star who's gonna play like a star regardless of opposition.

Imo if he'd stayed in the NHL he would've had some good 50-60 pt seasons with maybe a 70 peak but he wouldn't have been a perennial star as some here claim.

Elever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 01:23 PM
WarriorofTime

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoldenJet View Post
Zherdev Radulov and Morozov should make a "couldn't hack it" line in the KHL (or better yet, at the WC this year).
How was Radulov "unable to hack it"? He stepped right into the NHL after 3 seasons away from it and lead a team in Playoff Scoring through two rounds. Radulov could easily be a 70 point 1st liner but Canadian bias is ridiculous in the NHL. I love how a team that couldn't score goals wants to blame all of their problems on the only player generating offense for them.

WarriorofTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 01:25 PM
WarriorofTime

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietCompany View Post
He's just as offensively gifted as half of them but he's not a better all-round player.

He has dynamic game breaking talent of course but what I noticed is that his game breaking talent can be shut down by a tighter or tougher defence more in comparison to a true star who's gonna play like a star regardless of opposition.

Imo if he'd stayed in the NHL he would've had some good 50-60 pt seasons with maybe a 70 peak but he wouldn't have been a perennial star as some here claim.
He had 58 points in a tight defensive system as a 21 year old. He has since become a much better player.

Old
11-14-2012, 01:28 PM
WarriorofTime

The KHL is very underestimated. Yeah the NHL has the star power but I don't think the meat and potatoes players of the KHL are significantly worse than those in the NHL. If they were, the Russian team would get blown out by the Canadian and US teams in the World Juniors every year, considering the Russian team is composed of almost entirely players who will only play in the KHL with maybe 2-3 NHL prospects. The Canadian team is usually stronger don't get me wrong but the Russians always at least hold their own and actually eliminated Canada the last two years. Also in the World Championships, the Europeans who play in European leagues beat Canadian teams consisting of borderline NHL All Stars fairly easily every year.

Old
11-14-2012, 01:29 PM
Yashintangibles
6 Million Dollar Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorofTime View Post
How was Radulov "unable to hack it"? He stepped right into the NHL after 3 seasons away from it and lead a team in Playoff Scoring through two rounds. Radulov could easily be a 70 point 1st liner but Canadian bias is ridiculous in the NHL. I love how a team that couldn't score goals wants to blame all of their problems on the only player generating offense for them.
No question that Radulov had the talent and skill-set to be a regular 70 pts/season player.

Yashintangibles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 01:44 PM
Vikke
FHM 13 researcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArGarBarGar View Post
Yeah, they should probably tar and feather Malkin then, he ran away from his contract in Russia.

Vikke is online now   Reply With Quote