HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ownership Cluster**** Thread: NHL and GJ, Put Up or Shut Up!

Closed Thread

Old
11-13-2012, 11:00 AM
Naurutger
#FreeMax

vCash: 1329
From the 2009 docs, the total broadcast revenue was $4,452,324 but the Yotes had to pay for the production costs; so the profit was only $2,314,881.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/14...financials.jpg

So I am going to guess that the revenue listed includes both the radio and TV coverage. And I bet its a paid on a games broadcasted basis rather than a full coverage contract like FSN has with the Dbacks. So I am further guessing that its around $30,000 per game on FSN and around $5-10,000 per game on Xtra.

All just guesses. Also Jobing signed a 10 year, $30 million deal in 2006 with Glendale but they are trying to get out of it. So in this economy, I figure another business will step up with a similar deal (rather than a monster increase) around $30 million of which Glendale would get 15% (around $450,000 a year).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jobing.com_Arena

Old
11-13-2012, 12:25 PM
doaner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by naurutger View Post
Facebook.com/joyce.clark.338:

So I hear rumblings that the agreement has been finalized between Jamison and Glendale. So now the real fun starts with stalling, politics, council voting, library watch, and (hopefully) BOG votes....
So 2 more weeks??

Old
11-13-2012, 12:35 PM
Naurutger
#FreeMax

Quote:
Originally Posted by doaner View Post
So 2 more weeks??
You have to figure one of these days, the endgame will be exactly two weeks away.

Old
11-13-2012, 12:43 PM
doaner

Quote:
You have to figure one of these days, the endgame will be exactly two weeks away.
Lol!!

Old
11-13-2012, 02:45 PM
Ted Mosby

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfulwaffle View Post
Also, isn't the naming rights to the arena coming up? I don't know what they got through Jobing.com, but couldn't they possibly find someone that would pay more?
In 2006, Jobing.com signed a 10-year, $30 million for the naming rights.

Then you look at a team like Toronto... Air Canada Centre has the naming rights on a 20-year term for $30 million (signed in 1999).

Old
11-13-2012, 03:53 PM
GiveAFlyingPuck
Gary Bettman Rocks!

vCash: 193
Quote:
Need a thread for guessing when the endgame is 2 weeks away. Winner gets ...?

Old
11-13-2012, 08:55 PM
SweYote

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZflyingPuck View Post
Need a thread for guessing when the endgame is 2 weeks away. Winner gets ...?
Two movies?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0448166/
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1306980/

Old
11-13-2012, 09:10 PM
awfulwaffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Mosby View Post
In 2006, Jobing.com signed a 10-year, $30 million for the naming rights.

Then you look at a team like Toronto... Air Canada Centre has the naming rights on a 20-year term for $30 million (signed in 1999).
That's insane to think how little money Toronto got, but it doesn't really matter, because they will make money no matter what lol.

Old
11-14-2012, 09:10 AM
Naurutger
#FreeMax

Glendale businesses cope with games lost to NHL lockout

Quote:
The National Hockey League lockout is costing McFadden’s between $18,000 and $25,000 per game, according to manager Aaron Hernandez.

“We’re missing out every game,” Hernandez said. “Usually Westgate is flourishing by now.”
http://www.yourwestvalley.com/glenda...9bb2963f4.html

For some reason, after last night I see the vote on the 27th ending in a 3-3 tie...not good but who knows.

Old
11-14-2012, 09:23 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Glendale businesses cope with games lost to NHL lockout

http://www.yourwestvalley.com/glenda...9bb2963f4.html

For some reason, after last night I see the vote on the 27th ending in a 3-3 tie...not good but who knows.
What happened last night?

11-14-2012, 09:42 AM
Naurutger
#FreeMax

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
What happened last night?
Councilmember Knaack, who had the recall papers pulled on her, had comments that seemed to be against the deal. Didnt fully say that but Joyce commented on her twitter that she was worried. With Phil being gone, the Mayor could have convinced her either through fear or another promise that a 3-3 gridlock is best....Just speculation but that thought crossed my mind last night. Politics.....

Old
11-14-2012, 09:46 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

^ makes sense. 3-3 means Scruggs kills the deal, right?

How low does the AMF need to go to turn some No votes into Yes votes?

Maybe with some creative "restructuring"?

If the players take a deal approaching somewhere similar to what the league has on the table now, it seems like running the Coyotes will be a little less expensive over the next six or seven years. Maybe that adds some AMF flexibility from the Jamison group?

Old
11-14-2012, 12:37 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

So does anyone have any idea yet as to why Scruggs, of all people, is out to kill what most consider the best deal to date?! The same lady who signed off on $50,000,000 to buy time to negotiate could be the same person to cause the city to lose the team, it just makes no sense to me!

Old
11-14-2012, 12:49 PM
Naurutger
#FreeMax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
So does anyone have any idea yet as to why Scruggs, of all people, is out to kill what most consider the best deal to date?!

This group wants $6 million a year to get 20 events in Glendale ($300,000 an event). No promises of attendance figures and doesn't have a track record of success. But what they do have is some friends on the council who will be looking for jobs; could this group help them out?

Book a Taylor Swift concert 20 times a year and everyone is happy...well except for Westgate.

Old
11-14-2012, 12:51 PM
AZCOYOT

Quote:
Councilmember Knaack, who had the recall papers pulled on her, had comments that seemed to be against the deal. Didnt fully say that but Joyce commented on her twitter that she was worried. With Phil being gone, the Mayor could have convinced her either through fear or another promise that a 3-3 gridlock is best....Just speculation but that thought crossed my mind last night. Politics.....
Fricken awesome..

Old
11-14-2012, 01:27 PM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
So does anyone have any idea yet as to why Scruggs, of all people, is out to kill what most consider the best deal to date?! The same lady who signed off on $50,000,000 to buy time to negotiate could be the same person to cause the city to lose the team, it just makes no sense to me!
I have my ideas but I don't want to say something that would offend the blame Glendale for everything crowd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAUCE BAUCE View Post
Fricken awesome..
That is all???

Old
11-14-2012, 01:30 PM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
^ makes sense. 3-3 means Scruggs kills the deal, right?

How low does the AMF need to go to turn some No votes into Yes votes?

Maybe with some creative "restructuring"?

If the players take a deal approaching somewhere similar to what the league has on the table now, it seems like running the Coyotes will be a little less expensive over the next six or seven years. Maybe that adds some AMF flexibility from the Jamison group?
Or the players take the owners to the cleaners in the next CBA to where Jamison asks for more from the City than what was 1st agreed upon by the city.

Old
11-14-2012, 01:47 PM
awfulwaffle

Quote:

This group wants $6 million a year to get 20 events in Glendale ($300,000 an event). No promises of attendance figures and doesn't have a track record of success. But what they do have is some friends on the council who will be looking for jobs; could this group help them out?

Book a Taylor Swift concert 20 times a year and everyone is happy...well except for Westgate.
Why couldn't they book the concerts around the Coyotes games? Call me not very intelligent with this thing, but atleast with the Coyotes they have 41 home games atleast, and can schedule around that. It just makes no sense to want to keep them here for the money produced at the bars around the arena each game, etc.

Old
11-14-2012, 01:56 PM
Naurutger
#FreeMax

Quote:
Why couldn't they book the concerts around the Coyotes games? Call me not very intelligent with this thing, but atleast with the Coyotes they have 41 home games atleast, and can schedule around that. It just makes no sense to want to keep them here for the money produced at the bars around the arena each game, etc.
I could be wrong but that is how they originally approached the idea. Take $6 million from the $15 million offered to Jamison and give it to them so they could produce the non-hockey events (instead of Jamison and his 21 events in the agreement). But now that number became fixed in budget projections and its now the law. So its $6 million for 21 events or $14-15 million for around 65+ events...one option actually has a track record though.

I dont know though, all of my posts are based on my guesses and I hope I am wrong.

Old
11-14-2012, 03:12 PM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Quote:
Why couldn't they book the concerts around the Coyotes games?
There are other venues that they are competing with in order to gain business both within the state and other areas of the country.

Old
11-14-2012, 04:31 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
I have my ideas but I don't want to say something that would offend the blame Glendale for everything crowd.
I highly doubt anyone gets offended by the non-blaming of Glendale, they may disagree but offended is quite unlikely. Anyway, if you have something worth posting, post it.

Old
11-14-2012, 04:34 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:

That doesn't make sense to me, I mean even if they deliver (which is highly suspect) that might solve the arena issue but what about the rest of Westgate?! I thought the whole point of saving the Coyotes was to preserve Westgate, I just don't see how that place survives on 20 events a year.

Old
11-14-2012, 04:47 PM
awfulwaffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
There are other venues that they are competing with in order to gain business both within the state and other areas of the country.
I understand that, but people on tour tend to go in a direction, to make sure their concerts are from one city to the next, to save travel costs. But is just concerts really going to cover the costs if the Coyotes leave and don't play?

Old
11-14-2012, 10:34 PM
Naurutger
#FreeMax

Have you had your fill yet, Glendale?

Quote:
Without the Coyotes and relying solely on the Cardinals and college bowl games, Westgate is doomed. There simply is not a large enough revenue stream that can be generated by the surrounding community and another arena management group.
http://arizonasports.com/?sid=1575371&nid=137

Old
11-14-2012, 11:21 PM
SniperHF
Global Moderator
Desert Ranger

Quote:
Have you had your fill yet, Glendale?

http://arizonasports.com/?sid=1575371&nid=137
We'll see how it is when the mall is finished, but I still don't think that will be enough to sustain everything that is there. Maybe half of what is there now. And what is there now still isn't the capacity of that place, lots of empty suites right now even.

Closed Thread