HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-2013 Colorado Ava...Lake Erie Monsters Thread Part II

Closed Thread

Old
11-13-2012, 11:17 PM
Helton4Hall
Internet Charlatan

vCash: 500
Hey Elliott, the guys in white ARE NOT on your team. Fyi.

Old
11-13-2012, 11:17 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

I think the shot got tipped by the defenseman's stick on that play.

Old
11-13-2012, 11:23 PM
boz
Altitude Fan

aittokallio been impressive none the less..

Old
11-13-2012, 11:26 PM
S3rkie

damn too bad carey couldnt settle that down

Old
11-13-2012, 11:29 PM
boz
Altitude Fan

defense was all over the shop in that period..

Old
11-13-2012, 11:30 PM
S3rkie

yea that wasnt a pretty period, if it wasnt for sami, we would be in pretty bad shape

Old
11-13-2012, 11:40 PM
Freudian
Deja vu again?

vCash: 50
Just one goal and we'll awkwardly stumble into a shootout.

Old
11-13-2012, 11:42 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

MOuhahahahaha

Old
11-13-2012, 11:47 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
MOuhahahahaha
That is a pretty evil laugh, what happened?

Old
11-13-2012, 11:58 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
That is a pretty evil laugh, what happened?
He read my tweet on the air. NOW, I'm famous!!!!!!!!!

Old
11-14-2012, 12:01 AM
S3rkie

how did walker not put that in

Old
11-14-2012, 12:04 AM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
He read my tweet on the air. NOW, I'm famous!!!!!!!!!

What did you ask?

Old
11-14-2012, 12:13 AM
S3rkie

stollery is all sorts of bad

Old
11-14-2012, 12:15 AM
Helton4Hall
Internet Charlatan

I'm not a big fan of most of the defense on the monsters.

Old
11-14-2012, 12:18 AM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

So, a really sound decision to put out the line with Bill Thomas with 90 seconds to go. He's been SOOOOO amazing for the Monsters so far. I'm talking like Kobasew good.

Honestly, you're down by 1 goal, gonna pull the goal and you don't have your top line out there? You don't take your timeout to give them a rest?

Ouch, seriously hope this guy never coaches the Avs. Awful.

Old
11-14-2012, 12:19 AM
Helton4Hall
Internet Charlatan

Wow so much effort at the end. Time to goon it up

Old
11-14-2012, 12:22 AM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
What did you ask?
Just told Doug that he's going a great job, which he is. Not easy being a one-man show.

Old
11-14-2012, 12:25 AM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
Just told Doug that he's going a great job, which he is. Not easy being a one-man show.
That's cool.

Also I lost all my vCash

Sorry, but there is no way that effin Barry Brust should be getting a shutout.

Old
11-14-2012, 12:27 AM
boz
Altitude Fan

Quote:
it's easier when you like the sound of your own voice tho.

not sure where pock if pock was a veteran scratch or something but hope he is back in next game

Old
11-14-2012, 01:52 AM
The Pwnerer
We are never give up

Monsters need to up their game highlight footage. I never can find any.

Old
11-14-2012, 03:52 AM
BrickAHL
#AvaloungeRevolution

Alright I just got back from the game so here are some notes.

- I was sitting behind the goalie for the 1st period but during the intermission I moved to the seats that were right beside the Monsters bench because no one was sitting there. So for 2 periods I was sitting beside Pickard, the view wasn't great so I had to watch the scoreboard because I could see the ice fully but when Pickard would stand up or lean over, his ass would block my view.

- Mitchell Heard is the PERFECT energy guy and I'm not just saying this because of his 2 fights but because on the bench, the guy was so full of energy and just pumping himself up and his teammates up. After his fight at the end of the game the guy came to the bench so pumped from his fight and he was awesome giving everybody high fives that were around the seats that are near the hallway to the dressing room.

- Sami Aittokallio is really hard on himself. I remember the Finland World Juniors game where he lost in shootout and went straight to the bench and didn't even wait for his teammates to go to him after the game. He was just trying to get out of there. Today he played amazing but he still wasn't satisfied with his performance because he lost. When he was in the hallway behind his bench waiting for his 3rd star announcement, my cousin told him he played great and he just looked at us and shook his head saying no.

- Bordeleau was getting chirped by these drunk guys behind us the whole game and when the game finished, my cousins and I went to high five the players before they went to the dressing room. While we were there, the drunk guys showed up and they started chirping Bordy again and he responded by telling them that he would kick their ass and he said some other stuff that I can't remember but he was ready to fight them and he didn't leave until his teammates finally convinced him to leave.

- After the game, my cousins and I went to where the Monsters bus was and I got to meet Luke Walker and Mark Olver. I would have got to meet more guys but my ride was waiting and I don't think they were willing to wait anymore because I already got them to wait 20 minutes more than they were willing to. Luke Walker was the first guy out and he was shocked that I recognized him and that I knew who he was. He was really friendly and took a pic with me. My cousin asked him if he remembered us and he said "yeah, you were the guys beside our bench" that was pretty awesome that he remembered us. We also asked him if people call him "Luke Skywalker" and he said some guys on the team do call him that as a joke. The next guy who came out was Olver and he was kind of awkward. He seemed really pissed about the loss but he was nice and took a pic with me also. I told him good luck for tomorrow and that I hope he makes the Avs and he said thanks but while looking awkwardly at the ground. After he got on the bus, he quickly got off and just walked around the parking lot area. He got on and off the bus at least 4 times and even went inside the arena but then came out. He just kept walking around while waiting for the rest of his teammates and it was pretty weird that he couldn't just stay in one spot while waiting but that he had to keep walking around. But most of us know that Olver is a weird guy so that makes sense. Also, when he came out I asked him for a picture but he was holding the door for some reason so my cousin held the door for him while he was taking a pic with me and then he just left. My cousin didn't know what to do so he kept holding the door until security came and told him to close it. He responded to security by saying "Mark Olver told me to keep it open" but I don't think security knew or cared who Mark Olver was and I don't think they believed him either so he had to shut the door. Mark Olver came back and saw that the doors were closed so he had to go a different way to get back in the building so he might have been pissed at us but he didn't say anything.

Old
11-14-2012, 04:10 AM
BrickAHL
#AvaloungeRevolution

Also the attendance was 1821 but it felt like it was even less than that. Seriously, the place was freaking empty.

Old
11-14-2012, 07:52 AM
klozge
Avs

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pwnerer View Post
Monsters need to up their game highlight footage. I never can find any.
Look here: http://ahl.neulion.com/ahl/

Old
11-14-2012, 12:56 PM
cgf

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickAHL View Post
- Sami Aittokallio is really hard on himself. I remember the Finland World Juniors game where he lost in shootout and went straight to the bench and didn't even wait for his teammates to go to him after the game. He was just trying to get out of there. Today he played amazing but he still wasn't satisfied with his performance because he lost. When he was in the hallway behind his bench waiting for his 3rd star announcement, my cousin told him he played great and he just looked at us and shook his head saying no.

- After the game, my cousins and I went to where the Monsters bus was and I got to meet Luke Walker and Mark Olver. I would have got to meet more guys but my ride was waiting and I don't think they were willing to wait anymore because I already got them to wait 20 minutes more than they were willing to. Luke Walker was the first guy out and he was shocked that I recognized him and that I knew who he was. He was really friendly and took a pic with me. My cousin asked him if he remembered us and he said "yeah, you were the guys beside our bench" that was pretty awesome that he remembered us. We also asked him if people call him "Luke Skywalker" and he said some guys on the team do call him that as a joke. The next guy who came out was Olver and he was kind of awkward. He seemed really pissed about the loss but he was nice and took a pic with me also. I told him good luck for tomorrow and that I hope he makes the Avs and he said thanks but while looking awkwardly at the ground. After he got on the bus, he quickly got off and just walked around the parking lot area. He got on and off the bus at least 4 times and even went inside the arena but then came out. He just kept walking around while waiting for the rest of his teammates and it was pretty weird that he couldn't just stay in one spot while waiting but that he had to keep walking around. But most of us know that Olver is a weird guy so that makes sense. Also, when he came out I asked him for a picture but he was holding the door for some reason so my cousin held the door for him while he was taking a pic with me and then he just left. My cousin didn't know what to do so he kept holding the door until security came and told him to close it. He responded to security by saying "Mark Olver told me to keep it open" but I don't think security knew or cared who Mark Olver was and I don't think they believed him either so he had to shut the door. Mark Olver came back and saw that the doors were closed so he had to go a different way to get back in the building so he might have been pissed at us but he didn't say anything.
I love Aitto...n sounds like you guys spooked Olver while he was looking for his weed guy lol

Old
11-14-2012, 02:53 PM
Muffin
Avalanche Flavoured

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickAHL View Post
Also the attendance was 1821 but it felt like it was even less than that. Seriously, the place was freaking empty.
Can't blame canucks fans for not wanting to watch the flames farm team. That team is placed in a horrible place.

Closed Thread