Closed Thread

Old
11-14-2012, 09:34 AM
duckchobbins

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSCII View Post
Classic

We're in the same mode at my house. Packing things and then needing or wanting them after the box is sealed. It's a drag, but we're happy to get the process moving.
Huge drag. I have a friend coming over tomorrow morning to help move the heavy stuff into the storage container. Once that's done I can start bringing all the boxes in as well. It's gonna be a close call whether everything fits, so I'll have to put everything in like a damn puzzle. Fun.

We're gonna be living at my parents' house for several months while our new house is built, so this isn't really a normal pack. It's like packing for an extremely long vacation, and packing for a move all at the same time. I hate life.

Old
11-14-2012, 09:38 AM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Such a great movie. Anything by the Coen brothers is great, and when you throw in Buschemi on top of it, I'm all in...
Quote:
"What'd this guy look like, anyway?"

"Oh, he was a little guy... Kinda funny lookin'."

"Uh-huh. In what way?"

"Oh, just in a general kinda way."
Whenever I see Buscemi now, that's all I can think of. "Kinda funny lookin."

Old
11-14-2012, 09:42 AM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckdobbins View Post
Huge drag. I have a friend coming over tomorrow morning to help move the heavy stuff into the storage container. Once that's done I can start bringing all the boxes in as well. It's gonna be a close call whether everything fits, so I'll have to put everything in like a damn puzzle. Fun.

We're gonna be living at my parents' house for several months while our new house is built, so this isn't really a normal pack. It's like packing for an extremely long vacation, and packing for a move all at the same time. I hate life.
Yeah, that's got to suck, but it's only for the short term. I'm sure it will all be a distant memory once you've moved into the new place and unpacked.

We get the keys on Friday so Saturday and Sunday will be painting days and moving prepacked stuff that will fit in our van. My goal is to try and empty the house of as much small stuff prior to our big move day and basically have that for just the really big stuff like beds, appliances, and furniture. That way we can unpack the small stuff prior to moving in and be ahead of the game. That's my plan, but it will probably fall apart 5 minutes in...

Old
11-14-2012, 09:53 AM
BMC
PerJohan Axelsson

Quote:
Yeah, that's got to suck, but it's only for the short term. I'm sure it will all be a distant memory once you've moved into the new place and unpacked.

We get the keys on Friday so Saturday and Sunday will be painting days and moving prepacked stuff that will fit in our van. My goal is to try and empty the house of as much small stuff prior to our big move day and basically have that for just the really big stuff like beds, appliances, and furniture. That way we can unpack the small stuff prior to moving in and be ahead of the game. That's my plan, but it will probably fall apart 5 minutes in...
That's how it usually goes. Plus you have the 3 rugrats to contend with- or have you farmed them out for the day?

Old
11-14-2012, 09:56 AM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMC View Post
That's how it usually goes. Plus you have the 3 rugrats to contend with- or have you farmed them out for the day?
We're trying to recruit the grandmothers to watch the kids. So far we've gotten verbal commitments from both, but if I had to lay money on it, I'd say my mother bags out at the last minute...

Old
11-14-2012, 10:01 AM
Ference the Finger
Ference is my binky

Thanks to all for the support and words of wisdom. I talked with the clinic today, and got a really helpful person in the scheduling department, who made several calls on my behalf, to the Ortho dept, and to Billing. Looks like it's (maybe) a couple of steps closer to being resolved.

Now, can anyone help me with my washer issue?

Old
11-14-2012, 10:20 AM
duckchobbins

Quote:

Wow, painting that soon? That's a really lofty goal, but best of luck! Is there a date that you absolutely need to be gone from your current house? That would suck if closings were like 3 days apart The people buying our house are selling their house 11/30, and buying ours 11/30. THAT move is going to be horrible for them I guarantee it.

Old
11-14-2012, 10:29 AM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckdobbins View Post
Wow, painting that soon? That's a really lofty goal, but best of luck! Is there a date that you absolutely need to be gone from your current house? That would suck if closings were like 3 days apart The people buying our house are selling their house 11/30, and buying ours 11/30. THAT move is going to be horrible for them I guarantee it.
Closing is Friday of this week. Move date is over the Thanksgiving weekend, and the must vacate date of our current place is November 30th.

Old
11-14-2012, 01:56 PM
BMC
PerJohan Axelsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ference the Finger View Post
Thanks to all for the support and words of wisdom. I talked with the clinic today, and got a really helpful person in the scheduling department, who made several calls on my behalf, to the Ortho dept, and to Billing. Looks like it's (maybe) a couple of steps closer to being resolved.

Now, can anyone help me with my washer issue?
First of all how old is it? Personally I wouldn't put money into one if it is over 10 years old- by the time you pay for parts/labor you've spent enough money to buy yourself half of a new machine.

Old
11-14-2012, 02:06 PM
Dogberry
NHL2Seattle plzkthx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Whenever I see Buscemi now, that's all I can think of. "Kinda funny lookin."
I kinda liked that meme that was going around for a while where people photoshopped Steve Buscemi's eyes onto celebrities. Creepy but funny.

Old
11-14-2012, 02:41 PM
Ference the Finger
Ference is my binky

Quote:
First of all how old is it? Personally I wouldn't put money into one if it is over 10 years old- by the time you pay for parts/labor you've spent enough money to buy yourself half of a new machine.
It's only about 5-6 years old. It seems like the motor is trying to engage the drum, but is slipping. It has a 10 year warranty on the motor, so it may be worth going down that avenue. But in the meantime, it's to the laundromat with our stuff... ugh.

Old
11-14-2012, 02:46 PM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
It's only about 5-6 years old. It seems like the motor is trying to engage the drum, but is slipping. It has a 10 year warranty on the motor, so it may be worth going down that avenue. But in the meantime, it's to the laundromat with our stuff... ugh.
That sucks. Although it's not the first time you've done a load or two with just one hand...

Old
11-14-2012, 03:02 PM
Ference the Finger
Ference is my binky

Quote:
That sucks. Although it's not the first time you've done a load or two with just one hand...

True. Although that is a little ironic, coming from the one-sided Popeye.

Though, with only boys in the house (excepting my wonderful wife), I'm sure I have less laundry than a household with, say, three girls...

Old
11-14-2012, 03:37 PM
Kovi
Kafka and Hockey

I do not want to repeat this day ever again..

Old
11-14-2012, 03:37 PM
BMC
PerJohan Axelsson

Quote:
Perhaps it isn't the motor itself but the mechanical part that engages the drum???

I need to learn more about this stuff...

Old
11-14-2012, 03:38 PM
BMC
PerJohan Axelsson

Quote:

True. Although that is a little ironic, coming from the one-sided Popeye.

Though, with only boys in the house (excepting my wonderful wife), I'm sure I have less laundry than a household with, say, three girls...
LSCII you gonna let him get away with this????

Old
11-14-2012, 03:39 PM
BMC
PerJohan Axelsson

Quote:

I just know I am going to regret this- you know this how?

Old
11-14-2012, 03:41 PM
Kovi
Kafka and Hockey

Quote:
are we back to that one handed thing again

Old
11-14-2012, 03:52 PM
Ference the Finger
Ference is my binky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovi View Post
Well, I am still in a brace from shoulder to wrist. but I have most of the use of my arm back. But since I can't lift heavy things with that arm, I guess I am still one-handed for Lonnie's purposes...

Old
11-14-2012, 03:54 PM
Ference the Finger
Ference is my binky

Quote:
Perhaps it isn't the motor itself but the mechanical part that engages the drum???

I need to learn more about this stuff...
I actually found an exploded parts diagram, and that thing is apparently called a "spider" . That's my thought, is that it might be a little rounded over, so that it will catch enough to spin when it's empty, but you put even just a handful of wet stuff in it, and it won't catch the drum.

I have a feeling I'm going to learn how to take apart a washing machine this weekend...

Old
11-14-2012, 03:58 PM
duckchobbins

Quote:
I do not want to repeat this day ever again..
But hey, at least it's 4pm now...which is real close to dinner time, which is very close to not speaking to anyone or doing anything for several hours time, which is right before bed time!

Old
11-14-2012, 04:01 PM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
[/B]

I just know I am going to regret this- you know this how?
He's a guy. No other reason needed than that...

Old
11-14-2012, 04:02 PM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
As if we ever moved off it???

Old
11-14-2012, 04:06 PM
BMC
PerJohan Axelsson

Quote:
I actually found an exploded parts diagram, and that thing is apparently called a "spider" . That's my thought, is that it might be a little rounded over, so that it will catch enough to spin when it's empty, but you put even just a handful of wet stuff in it, and it won't catch the drum.

I have a feeling I'm going to learn how to take apart a washing machine this weekend...
Good luck I'm afraid you're going to need it

Old
11-14-2012, 04:08 PM
Ference the Finger
Ference is my binky

Quote:
Good luck I'm afraid you're going to need it
I only need part of what you said...

Closed Thread