HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

What moves gives Vancouver the best chance to win the cup???

Old
11-13-2012, 12:36 AM
startainfection

vCash: 500
sign perry, iginla, alfredsson and vis

startainfection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 01:59 AM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Move the current roster to LA, move the Kings roster to Vancouver.

Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 09:09 PM
EbonyRaptor

I read only the first page - so if this has already been posted I apologize for the repeat.

The OP listed a post trade roster with a salary cap >$68M. Admittedly the CBA is not decided yet - but I think it highly doubtful the salary cap will be $70.3M, or even $68M. It's much more likely to be around the 2011/12 cap of $64.3M, if not even lower.

As a fan of a cap team, I would like the cap to go up to $70.3M - I just don't think it will.

EbonyRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 11:06 PM
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoolChamp View Post
LOL rosterbation, I like that.
The tell tale sign is the cute little lineup cards with the cap hits in parenthesis, like anyone that's a fan of any other team gives a ****.

Richie Daggers Crime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 11:55 PM
Seatoo
Never Stop Poasting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie Daggers Crime View Post
The tell tale sign is the cute little lineup cards with the cap hits in parenthesis, like anyone that's a fan of any other team gives a ****.
Actually that is automatically generated by capgeek so you really come off as oblivious and ignorant with that comment.

Seatoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 09:41 AM
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seatoo View Post
Actually that is automatically generated by capgeek so you really come off as oblivious and ignorant with that comment.
Heh. I understand that it's generated by Capgeek, friend. That's not my point, but okay.

Richie Daggers Crime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 09:47 AM
roboninja
EYG

Horrible trade, and the attempts to justify it by saying that VAN could "work the system" by waiving Lou is ludicrous. A team does not denigrate itself that way for a short-term gain.

roboninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 11:03 AM
P U L L H A R D

vCash: 420
Quote:
Why not do a CBJ line up as well, if its that easy? This is a Canuck fan rosterbating, pure and simple.

P U L L H A R D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 11:24 AM
Seatoo
Never Stop Poasting

Riiight, because I'm sure no fans of other teams have EVER swooned over their roster or played with capgeek

Did you really not expect to see posts from Vancouver fans? Its a thread about the Canucks after all so if you have a problem or don't like what you see don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Old
11-14-2012, 12:02 PM
blankall

Quote:
Riiight, because I'm sure no fans of other teams have EVER swooned over their roster or played with capgeek

Did you really not expect to see posts from Vancouver fans? Its a thread about the Canucks after all so if you have a problem or don't like what you see don't let the door hit you on the way out.
A better question is: why isn't this discussion on the Canucks board? I don't think anyone besides Cancucks fans really needs another thread where the value of Raymond/Ballard is discussed at length.

It would be great for any lineup if you could throw in a piece like Getzlaf/Perry without giving anything substantial up.

blankall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 12:12 PM
Seatoo
Never Stop Poasting

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
A better question is: why isn't this discussion on the Canucks board? I don't think anyone besides Cancucks fans really needs another thread where the value of Raymond/Ballard is discussed at length.

It would be great for any lineup if you could throw in a piece like Getzlaf/Perry without giving anything substantial up.
I am in no way saying that this thread has anything of value in it, it should be on the Canucks board but trolls don't belong here either.

Old
11-14-2012, 12:25 PM
topchowda

The player they need is Iggy.

Hes the true leader they lack, plays RW and plays physical.

If Vancouver really wanted a cup theyd give up Kassian. Mortgaging the future to win in the present I know. But will Kassian ever be that good to pass up on a great chance at winning the cup.

Prospects come and go but an opporunity to win the cup only lasts for 2-3 years at a time

topchowda is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 02:17 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by topchowda View Post
The player they need is Iggy.

Hes the true leader they lack, plays RW and plays physical.

If Vancouver really wanted a cup theyd give up Kassian. Mortgaging the future to win in the present I know. But will Kassian ever be that good to pass up on a great chance at winning the cup.

Prospects come and go but an opporunity to win the cup only lasts for 2-3 years at a time
Even if there was any chance Feaster would trade us Iginla, I highly doubt we could re-sign him. For half a season max I don't feel it would be worth it. Maybe at the trade deadline if Kassian hasn't found chemistry, but otherwise no.

We were very close to signing Shane Doan, though. He was apparently bowled over by Gillis' pitch for our team, but in the end he chose loyalty to his franchise, which is amenable.

Vankiller Whale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 02:38 PM
Scottrockztheworld*

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post

No I think the better question is: Why are you ALWAYS in Vancouver related threads? Especially if you're only going to be negative?

Scottrockztheworld* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 03:30 PM
InjuredChoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Even if there was any chance Feaster would trade us Iginla, I highly doubt we could re-sign him. For half a season max I don't feel it would be worth it. Maybe at the trade deadline if Kassian hasn't found chemistry, but otherwise no.

We were very close to signing Shane Doan, though. He was apparently bowled over by Gillis' pitch for our team, but in the end he chose loyalty to his franchise, which is amenable.
May I see source for this?

I'm not doubting it, just interested to read more, esp. if it mentions the money and term etc.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 03:37 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by kemisti View Post
May I see source for this?

I'm not doubting it, just interested to read more, esp. if it mentions the money and term etc.
http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl...9958--nhl.html

Quote:
There were rumblings Thursday night that, if Doan was leaving town, he would be headed to the Vancouver Canucks, a team whose ownership situation was as steady as any team in the league's, was situated in a place he and his wife are familiar with, might give him a better opportunity to win now and, according to agent Terry Bross, blew him away with their presentation. Bross said he loved the Canucks' front office, and that he called them 1st class.

Vankiller Whale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 03:42 PM
Sevanston

Their roster is already rock solid at every position.

At this point, it's not a question of missing skill, but missing drive. Actually, from what I've seen, misdirected drive. When the going gets tough for the Canucks, they fold into cheapshots, fighting, and diving. They stop playing their game and start playing a goon's game, and that's why they lose.

How do you cut that without losing any of the players? Fire AV, then hire a coach that won't stand for that. I don't know who would be available that fits that bill, but at this point, I think all they really need is a coach that keeps them playing their game and then the Cup is destined for a trip down...some famous Vancouver street...

There are plenty of reasons to criticize Quenneville, but one thing I will always respect about him is that he knows how to keep his players under control. And before any Canucks fans bring up the Keith hit, I'd say that the Vancouver rivalry is an exceptional case that's now outside both sides' control. And there's always the counterargument of the Blackhawk's complete lack of a response when Hossa was damn near killed during the playoffs against Phoenix.

Sevanston is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 04:25 PM
InjuredChoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Thank you sir, much appreciated.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote