HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Off-season Madness the 3rd: Jeffrey Loria taketh and Jeffrey Loria giveth away

Closed Thread

Old
11-14-2012, 04:27 PM
Stats01

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giuseppe Sallo View Post
JT The Brick ‏@JTTheBrick

He says Reyes is overrated. Bitter much?
Huge sour grapes there.

Old
11-14-2012, 04:27 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giuseppe Sallo View Post
JT The Brick ‏@JTTheBrick

He says Reyes is overrated. Bitter much?
who is this anyway

Old
11-14-2012, 04:31 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

The interview with jj's agent is on the tsn website. He said if jj has a great year he could sign the biggest contract a pitcher has ever signed. If he has an off year he'd likely sign a 3 year deal. It sounds to me that he plans on having him test free agency

I'll add that he really contradicted himself. Said JJ is really happy about the trade but kept talking about AA maybe moving him and just a bunch of stuff sounding more like trying to find a way out. I don't know. I just didn't get a great vibe from the interview.

Old
11-14-2012, 04:37 PM
Everlong
JoeyBats

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredeye View Post
The interview with jj's agent is on the tsn website. He said if jj has a great year he could sign the biggest contract a pitcher has ever signed. If he has an off year he'd likely sign a 3 year deal. It sounds to me that he plans on having him test free agency

I'll add that he really contradicted himself. Said JJ is really happy about the trade but kept talking about AA maybe moving him and just a bunch of stuff sounding more like trying to find a way out. I don't know. I just didn't get a great vibe from the interview.
Link? Can't seem to find it. From his interview on the fan he seemed open to an extension with the Jays.

The earlier remark about his player (JJ) speculating that he could be with a different team next year was based on the fact that he thinks Rogers has invested too much money and expects AA to move JJ before the offseason is done to clear up some cash. Which I highly doubt.

Old
11-14-2012, 04:38 PM
Stats01

Quote:

Of course it's great trade, the guy has a chance to win more games than he does in Miami, which will give him a bigger contract. This has nothing to do with playing with the Jays or the city of Toronto. This is a good situation for JJ and his agent is setting him up for a huge pay day. He's pretty much saying to the Jays, just because you traded for him doesn't mean we're signing for a home town discount. The Jays have gone this far, they might as well go all the way. I'd pay him.

Old
11-14-2012, 04:39 PM
DeputyMcLaren

LOL watching pardon the interruption right now and they were talking about the trade and Tony Kornheiser suggested that Bud Selig veto the trade and make the Marlins fulfill their commitment to the community haha. I would be PISSSSSSED lol

Old
11-14-2012, 04:40 PM
Stats01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownstache View Post
LOL watching pardon the interruption right now and they were talking about the trade and Tony Kornheiser suggested that Bud Selig veto the trade and make the Marlins fulfill their commitment to the community haha. I would be PISSSSSSED lol
I'd flip the school mac I'm on right now..I don't want to do that.

Old
11-14-2012, 04:40 PM
AndMat*

Why not go for Another Ace? If we Can get 5 Number 2 Pitchers we should do it.

Old
11-14-2012, 04:41 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlong View Post
Link? Can't seem to find it. From his interview on the fan he seemed open to an extension with the Jays.

The earlier remark about his player (JJ) speculating that he could be with a different team next year was based on the fact that he thinks Rogers has invested too much money and expects AA to move JJ before the offseason is done to clear up some cash. Which I highly doubt.
my computer is messed up right now and I don't have a right click to paste the link. It's the 4th video down on the main page called creating a contender.

Old
11-14-2012, 04:42 PM
p.l.f.
mvp

lind (4.5)
buck(not jpa (6.0)
+ rogers(0.5 - as an assett to offer)

11 million

for

???????

Old
GoSensGo765
GO SENS GO!!

Quote:
It's too far along, that's not going to happen now. I'd be shocked if it did.

And as much as I like PTI, it's absolutely unreal how they cannot let Jays fans enjoy this moment and give credit where it's due. I swear it's only cause they're "North of the Boarder" if this was the Yankees or Red Sox who made this deal, they would be ALL over it

Old
flames12

I dunno but I still think to be a major player we need another power bat. I like EE but I really think he will only hit 20-25 HR's this season last season was his coming out party I don't see I'm doing that again. I still feel that if we get a power bat we will be a HUGE player think about before players didn't want to sign here the team was bad that isn't the case. This is the best team in YEARS we've had and I will watch a FULL jays game in a long time, but with that being said we have a huge hole in LF if ownership is willing to put out some more cash and allows AA to get a power bat this team will be favourites to win the AL.

Old
11-14-2012, 04:43 PM
GoSensGo765
GO SENS GO!!

Hey Marcum, wanna back to T.O now? I bet ya do

Old
11-14-2012, 04:44 PM
weems

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndMat View Post
Why not go for Another Ace? If we Can get 5 Number 2 Pitchers we should do it.
I for one dont think were finished.
I think we'll aquire either another SP or a good bat.

Old
11-14-2012, 04:45 PM
jbean

Quote:
Originally Posted by p.l.f. View Post
enh......maybe
more likely 2nd or 6th

i'd rather have someone proven who you know gets 25+ homers 90+ ribbies batting 5th
the amount of rbis a player gets is determined by a mix of skill, quality of teammates, and place in the batting order, so it is not a very good stat. Someone with a high OPS is about right for that spot, plus a left handed bat to go in the order after Bautista and EE. I think Rasmus or Lind in a platoon could work well in that spot, although neither is ideal.

Old
11-14-2012, 04:46 PM
topched

Quote:
Link? From his interview on the fan he seemed open to an extension with the Jays.
Yeah I think its just posturing and speculation. The guy is advocating for his client.

He wants to make sure the MLB world knows that JJ is one of the best pitchers in the league blah blah.

His ultimate goal is to get JJ the most guaranteed money possible. Sure he'd love it if the Jays came to him and put 15 mill per year for 5 years on the table before he's even thrown a pitch.

If the JJ has a good time, the team is winning, and the Jays want to extend him mid-year... no reason to believe he won't be open to it. He has witnessed first hand from Buehrle and Reyes what happens when you follow the money and don't consider the quality of the org etc.

As has always been said, the Jays run a good ship, by all accounts they've treated their own players very well. Lind, Hill and now Jose and EE are good examples of that. Getting these guys in the door is the key... not only is this trade and the next few seasons important for winning, but also for improving the Jays profile among FA's etc.

Old
11-14-2012, 04:46 PM
AndMat*

"The Guy with Sunglasses said
Bonifacio Should be playing everyday at Center field. Hes got great Def.
Why should they jays move a catcher? when they can move Rambo?
As for Left field Sign a Power hitter does not have to be that great on def"

Old
11-14-2012, 04:47 PM
AndMat*

.dddd

Last edited by AndMat*: 11-14-2012 at 04:52 PM.
Old
11-14-2012, 04:47 PM
Everlong
JoeyBats

Quote:
my computer is messed up right now and I don't have a right click to paste the link. It's the 4th video down on the main page called creating a contender.
On the main page... Fail on my part hah. I was looking on the TSN radio page. Thanks.

Old
11-14-2012, 04:49 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
On the main page... Fail on my part hah. I was looking on the TSN radio page. Thanks.
LOL no worries

Old
11-14-2012, 04:51 PM
Darkhorse1280

Quote:
I hate that show...especially Kornheiser. I remember him on a NBA half-time show during the height of the Vinsanity era saying how Vince Carter should leave Toronto and go to an American team...clearly bitter that this all-star player is playing in Canada and not for his beloved Knicks. Everyone else on the panel was criticizing him for his comments afterwards telling him who care what team he plays for.

What a tool.

Old
11-14-2012, 04:55 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:
Originally Posted by p.l.f. View Post
lind (4.5)
buck(not jpa (6.0)
+ rogers(0.5 - as an assett to offer)

11 million

for

???????
JP gets you more in return than Buck would and I don't see the reason to put Rogers into the deal when he looks like a very solid piece of hte bullpen. Look, I like JP as a person and I like the home runs. But he has more value to the Jays as trade bait than he does in the lineup.

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."

Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.
Old
11-14-2012, 04:55 PM
NeverGoingToWin

I dislike Wilbon a lot more out of the two but I would hate TK too if I heard him say that.

Old
11-14-2012, 04:56 PM
Everlong
JoeyBats

I didn't see it posted recently, but if it was, just ignore this.

Apparently Miami is kicking in 8m not the reported 4m yesterday. Not that it makes a large difference but it's still a little bit back in the pocket.

Old
11-14-2012, 04:57 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndMat View Post
"The Guy with Sunglasses said
Bonifacio Should be playing everyday at Center field. Hes got great Def.
Why should they jays move a catcher? when they can move Rambo?
As for Left field Sign a Power hitter does not have to be that great on def"
what?

Seriously, what? This post makes zero sense.

Closed Thread