HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

2012-2013 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread 2.0

Closed Thread

Old
11-12-2012, 02:25 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
- I would love to know...but is Bennett getting some tough minutes or is he really on the 3rd pairing? They got clubbered 7-2 yesterday and while him being even is all great, Clare and Trouba being -3 tells me they get the toughest matchups which is somewhat ordinairy. I understand Trouba is indeed a special talent, one of my favorite of last year, I understand Clare is a senior, but the guy had all the trouble to play regularly last year. Would love to know what Montreal thinks of that or any other Wolverines follower. I didn't buy the package yet so I don't know myself
I haven't seen any Michigan games this year, but last I heard Bennett was on the top pairing again this year. I will get to see them play this week though as the Thrusday night game is on tv for me so I will let you know.

Old
11-12-2012, 03:09 PM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
- I would love to know...but is Bennett getting some tough minutes or is he really on the 3rd pairing? They got clubbered 7-2 yesterday and while him being even is all great, Clare and Trouba being -3 tells me they get the toughest matchups which is somewhat ordinairy.
The only thing that Trouba and Clare being a -3 tells us is that they were on the ice for 3 more even srength goals against than even strength goals for...... how you extrapolate their place in the depth chart from this is truly mind boggling.

Perhaps you might want to look at TOI numbers to arrive at a more accurate answer.

Old
11-12-2012, 05:00 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estimated_Prophet View Post
The only thing that Trouba and Clare being a -3 tells us is that they were on the ice for 3 more even srength goals against than even strength goals for...... how you extrapolate their place in the depth chart from this is truly mind boggling.

Perhaps you might want to look at TOI numbers to arrive at a more accurate answer.
Yes, 'cause that' always how I come to conclusion. Thanks for reminding me that's not how it works. Or maybe, just maybe, the though process was that Trouba being an exceptional talent, he might be used on the top pairing. And Clare being the only senior, it also might be where a top pairing is decided. But most likely, based on this "http://www.collegehockeystats.net/1213/boxes/mmicmsu1.n10, I was always under the impression that the pairings were in order. Maybe in some cases, it is, I guess in some other cases, it's not. Also add the fact that while it might be ranked properly, I always thought that the pairings were right. So I don't see, but maybe I'm wrong, Chiasson being on the top pairing while I do have hopes that Bennett would. Add the fact that 2 or their 3 minuses, happened facing the opponent's top line. So it is often about more than just 1 thing. But I know you knew that already. You can also add the fact that I am asking a question....so in no way am I implying that I know for sure he is on the 3rd or not.

Last edited by Whitesnake: 11-12-2012 at 05:09 PM.
Old
11-12-2012, 05:10 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
I haven't seen any Michigan games this year, but last I heard Bennett was on the top pairing again this year. I will get to see them play this week though as the Thrusday night game is on tv for me so I will let you know.
Thanks. Always appreciated.

Old
11-13-2012, 12:31 AM
HankyZetts
Twi2ted

I love this kid!

That is all...

Old
11-13-2012, 03:55 AM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi2teD View Post

I love this kid!

That is all...
I saw this but didn't even notice that nice flip to himself. Beauty.

Besides his size and skating, the one thing he needs to improve is his shot (I think someone else on here mentioned it as well). Not bad but it needs more oomph.

Either way he's quickly becoming one of my favourite prospects.

Old
11-13-2012, 07:34 AM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by makbowles View Post

Besides his size and skating, the one thing he needs to improve is his shot (I think someone else on here mentioned it as well). Not bad but it needs more oomph.

Hudon has a great shot.......it may be his best asset.

Old
11-13-2012, 10:26 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by makbowles View Post

I haven't noticed any real problems with his skating or shot. I had heard his skating/foot speed needed work when we drafted him, but in watching him for the first time this year I felt for an 18 year old it's not a concern as he will hopefully improve his lower body strength over the next few years.

Old
11-13-2012, 11:21 AM
Protest the Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estimated_Prophet View Post
Hudon has a great shot.......it may be his best asset.
Based on what I saw during the super series, his shot needs work to be successful at the NHL level. It's fine for the Q right now, and I expect it to get better as he gets older, but I don't think he's going to be ripping shots past NHL goalies like I believe Galchenyuk could do right now, or Drouin to compare him to another kid at the super series.

Old
11-13-2012, 11:42 AM
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi2teD View Post

I love this kid!

That is all...
Where does he go with his little move? Right through traffic, in the slot. Love it.

Old
11-13-2012, 11:56 AM
HankyZetts
Twi2ted

Hudon has a really good shot. It's all in his technique, he gets a ton of torque on it. He really surprised me with a couple lasers during the first Canada-Russia series during the summer. His skating is also a plus imo, gets very low, obviously, but powerful and able to change direction at the drop of a dime. He's so smart with how he positions himself on the boards also, ala Desharnais/Crosby, in the sense that he uses the defenders mass/momentum against him. If you try to check him, he will roll off of you.

Old
11-13-2012, 12:27 PM
NotProkofievian

Yeah, I don't really see the concerns with Hudon's shot. The guy can simply pull the trigger. TBH, I think it's more about when and where you shoot than how hard you shoot, once your shot is above a certain threshold.

Old
11-13-2012, 12:53 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
I haven't noticed any real problems with his skating or shot. I had heard his skating/foot speed needed work when we drafted him, but in watching him for the first time this year I felt for an 18 year old it's not a concern as he will hopefully improve his lower body strength over the next few years.
He worked a lot on it with the Habs training staff this summer, apparently, especially on his explosion.

Old
11-13-2012, 01:25 PM
Tim Wallach

Switching topics to Vail for a second, I noticed a few rumblings on the Windsor Spitfires board that Vail is a "terrible teammate" and not liked in the room. I'm trying to get more info, but has anyone heard that before?

Old
11-13-2012, 01:52 PM
That

Hudon does have a pretty good shot. It's not very powerful, but he has a good release and very good accuracy. Something that I've noticed from watching him is that his release is very consistent. The velocity will come

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Wallach View Post
Switching topics to Vail for a second, I noticed a few rumblings on the Windsor Spitfires board that Vail is a "terrible teammate" and not liked in the room. I'm trying to get more info, but has anyone heard that before?
I saw that post too. I'm really surprised. From all the interviews I've seen he seems like a hard working kid and has got a good head on his shoulders. Seems like a great guy to be honest. However, I doubt it's true.

Old
11-13-2012, 01:59 PM
Tim Wallach

Quote:
Originally Posted by That View Post
Hudon does have a pretty good shot. It's not very powerful, but he has a good release and very good accuracy. Something that I've noticed from watching him is that his release is very consistent. The velocity will come

I saw that post too. I'm really surprised. From all the interviews I've seen he seems like a hard working kid and has got a good head on his shoulders. Seems like a great guy to be honest. However, I doubt it's true.
For what it's worth, others have replied to say that post was bogus. So it appears the cracks about Vail's attitude may be unsubstantiated.

Old
11-13-2012, 03:20 PM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
I doubt a former NHL captain like Bob Boughner would name Vail an assistant captain if he was not a good teammate.

Old
11-13-2012, 05:07 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Wallach View Post
Well, just fwiw, I would say we have a really good group of Windsor posters over on the OHL board. They are really into it and some are really devout followers/close with the team. So I wouldn't be too quick to dismiss them. Reading the responses from some of the others would be a good plan for further research. They'll debunk it if it's debunkable.

Old
11-13-2012, 05:29 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
Well, just fwiw, I would say we have a really good group of Windsor posters over on the OHL board. They are really into it and some are really devout followers/close with the team. So I wouldn't be too quick to dismiss them. Reading the responses from some of the others would be a good plan for further research. They'll debunk it if it's debunkable.
Debunked?

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...&postcount=371

Quote:
From what I can gather, he's the ultimate team guy. Not from a single person I've talked to associated with the team have I heard anything negative about him or his attitude.

Old
11-13-2012, 05:45 PM
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!

Quote:
Yes, 'cause that' always how I come to conclusion. Thanks for reminding me that's not how it works. Or maybe, just maybe, the though process was that Trouba being an exceptional talent, he might be used on the top pairing. And Clare being the only senior, it also might be where a top pairing is decided. But most likely, based on this "http://www.collegehockeystats.net/1213/boxes/mmicmsu1.n10, I was always under the impression that the pairings were in order. Maybe in some cases, it is, I guess in some other cases, it's not. Also add the fact that while it might be ranked properly, I always thought that the pairings were right. So I don't see, but maybe I'm wrong, Chiasson being on the top pairing while I do have hopes that Bennett would. Add the fact that 2 or their 3 minuses, happened facing the opponent's top line. So it is often about more than just 1 thing. But I know you knew that already. You can also add the fact that I am asking a question....so in no way am I implying that I know for sure he is on the 3rd or not.
So wait a minute, what you are really saying is that Trouba absolutely needs to be paired with a senior because his decision making isn't good??? And that 9/11 is an inside job?!

Big fan of Bennett here, I wish we could see more of him. Can't wait to see him in a Bulldogs jersey.

Old
11-13-2012, 06:11 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
I'd say so. Libbs is as good as it gets.

Old
11-14-2012, 01:44 PM
HabsProspectsExpert
Artturi Lehkonen

Complete Montreal Prospects Analysis

Rating based on hockey futures system rating rules
http://www.hockeysfuture.com/playerprojections/

Forward Prospects Potential:
Potentiel | Positon - Player Name (Age) Height | League Currently Playing | Draft Round or Provenance | Player Type | Offensive Skills Potential (Offensive Awareness; Skating; Puck Control; Shooting; Passing) - Defensive Skills Potential(Defensive Awareness; Skating; Checking; Aggressiveness)

8.0 B | C- Alex Galchenyuk (18) 6"01 | OHL | 1st Round | All-Around Player
O: 9.0 - D: 8.0
Future first center or really solid second center. Probably a future captain for the Montreal Canadiens. Highly skilled, he can do everything on the ice.

8.0 D | RW- Sebastien Collberg (18) 5"11 | SEL | 2nd Round | Sniper-Dangler
O: 8.0 - D: 6.0
Really skilled offensively, must add some strength and improve is game in his own end before reaching the NHL. Trevor Timmins compared Collberg to Daniel Alfredsson.

7.5 B- | RW - Brendon Gallagher (20) 5"09 | AHL | 5th Round | Sniper
O: 8.0 - D: 6.5
Following him since day 1, I personally think that it was a steal when we picked this guy in the 5th round, considering he had the stats of a 1st rounder. He plays bigger than his size, plays a similar game to Brian Gionta. He also has the attitude to reach the NHL. Will probably be used on an offensive line, should score an average of 25 goals per season when established in the NHL. Will have to be dominant in the AHL before reaching the NHL, should make the Habs in approximately 2 years.

7.5 D | LW - Tim Bozon (18) 6"01 | WHL | 3rd Round | Sniper
O: 7.5 - D: 6.0
Offensive oriented player, dangerous goal-scorer, he is progressing really fast. Wouldn't be surprised if he reaches the NHL. Keep an eye on him.

7.0 C | RW - Danny Kristo (22) 5"11 | NCAA | 2nd Round | Fast Skater
O: 7.5 D: 6.5
He has a lot of offensive potential, but lacks consistency and work ethic. Even if he's already 22 years old, it's still unclear if Kristo will reach the NHL, it all comes down to his level of commitment and his desire to make it to the NHL.

7.0 C- | C - Brady Vail (18) 6"00 | OHL | 4th Round | Two-Way F
O: 7.0 - D: 7.5
Smart player, great in both sides of the ice. If he reaches the NHL, it will be mainly due to his defensive abilities. Has no particular weakness. Can develop himself as a complete player. One of our prospects that I believe is the most underrated.

7.0 D+ | LW - Charles Hudon (18) 5"10 | LHJMQ | 5th Round | Playmaker
O: 7.5 - D: 6.5
Smart player in both ends of the ice. His size can be a handicap to reach the NHL. Great potential for a fifth round pick, but don't expect to see him in the NHL soon.

7.0 D | RW - Patrick Holland (20) 6"00 | AHL | Obtain in transaction | Playmaker
O: 7.0 - D: 6.5
Great hockey sense and passing skills, I personally think that he will become nothing more than a good AHL player, but it is to soon to give up on his case.

7.0 D- | LW - Erik Nystrom (19) 5"11 | SEL | 6th Round | Playmaker
O: 7.0 - D: 5.5
Too soon to project for the moment, he has good hockey sense. Could surprise.

7.0 D- | LW - Mark MacMillan (20) 6"00 | NCAA | 4th Round | Playmaker
O: 7.0 - D: 4.0
Good speed, good vision. He desperately needs to gain more muscles mass. If he is not able to dominate the AHL offensively in a near the future, no chance to see him in the NHL. Still playing in the NCAA for now. Long-term project.

6.5 A- | C-RW - Louis Leblanc (21) 6"00 | AHL | 1st round | Two-Way F
Will become a really great third line player, useful for defensive purposes, can play on second line if needed. Can already be considered as a smart player in the NHL.

6.5 B | C - Michael Bournival (20) 6"00 | AHL | Obtain in transaction | All-Around
O: 7.0 D: 7.0
Hard working player, he is gradually developing himself as a complete player. There is a high chance to see him in the NHL one day; the question is if he will be able to establish himself as a solid third or fourth line centerman.

6.5 C- | RW - Steve Quailer (23) 6"04 | AHL | 3rd Round | Power Forward
The only prospect of the Habs that can bring that physical aspect of the game and can also do well on both sides of the ice. Due to these rare attributes, he could be called up by the Habs sooner than you would think. He has the potential to become a great third or fourth liner in the NHL, but don't expect to see him in an offensive role.

6.5 D | C - Dustin Walsh (21) 6"02 | NCAA | 6th Round | Playmaker
O: 6.5 - D: 5.0
Need to stay healthy. Currently playing in the NCAA, this year is crucial for him; he is fighting for an entry-level contract. Low chances to see him one day in the NHL.

6.0 D- | LW - Daniel Prybil (19) | CZECH | 6th Round | Sniper
O: 6.0 - D: 5.5
Too slow of a skater. Will probably never come in North America.

5.5 B | C - Andreas Engqvist (24) | KHL | Signed | Two-Way F
Too good for the AHL, but his execution and his skating are too slow for the NHL. This is why he went to the KHL for one year, I think it is a great decision for his development. If he comes back to North America, expect him to play a similar role that Kyle Chipchura and Petteri Nokelainen. Great shutdown player, he is also able to score a surprising amount of points in the AHL, however he needs to be more physically involved.

5.5 C | C - Joonas Nattinen (21) 6"2 | AHL | 3rd Round | Two-Way F
O: 6.0 - D: 6.5
Needs to use his size more effectively. He must develop as a defensive player in order to reach the NHL one day. Reminds me of Andreas Engqvist.

5.0 B | C - Gabriel Dumont (22) 5"10 | AHL | 5th Round | Grinder
O: 6.0 - D: 6.5
Gritty player. At best he will become a really great 4th line player. However, he has an unusual size for this type of player. He will probably be a borderline NHLer for his entire career.

5.0 F / LW - Blake Geoffrion (24) 6"02 | AHL | Obtain in transaction | Two-Way F
O: 6.5 - D: 6.5
Maybe his playing days are over due to a recent skull fracture. If not he is a good depth player, but there is nothing special in his game.

4.5 A- | RW - Aaron Palushaj (23) 6"00 | AHL | Obtain in transaction | Playmaker
O: 7.0 - D: 5.0
He had his chance in the NHL last year, but didn't perform up to the expectations. Really good AHL offensive player, but not quite good enough to establish himself in the NHL. Will probably fight for a NHL spot for his entire career.

4.5 C+ | LW - Olivier Archambault (19) 5"11 | LHJMQ | 4th Round | Dangler
O: 6.0 - D: 3.5
He has great offensive abilities, but plays too soft and he is inconstant. Will have to prove that he deserves to get his first pro contract. Long-term project.

4.0 B | RW - Alexander Avstin (21) 6"03 | AHL | 4th Round | Dangler
O: 6.0 - D: 3.0
Lack of intensity. Currently playing for the Hamilton Bulldogs, wouldn't be surprised if he leaves for the KHL in the middle of his contract with Montreal.

3.5 B+ | RW - Maxim Trunev (22) 6"00 | KHL | 5th Round | Dangler
O: 6.0 - D: 3.0
Will never come to North America. There is no hope to see him one day with a Habs jersey or any other NHL jerseys.

3.0 C | C - Mike Cichy (22) 5"11 | NCAA | 7th Round | Playmaker
O: 5.0 - D: 2.5
Lost an entire season in 2011-2012. Will probably end his hockey career after graduating from the NCAA.

2.5 A- | LW - Philippe Lefebvre (21) 5"11 | ECHL | Signed | Two-Way F
O: 4.5 D: 5.5
No chance he will ever make the NHL. The Habs currently regret giving him an entry-level contract.

2.5 B | RW - Alain Berger (21) 6"04 | AHL | Signed | Grinder
O: 3.5 D: 6.5
Big body, too slow. He doesn’t have what it takes to reach the NHL.

2.0 A | RW - Ian Schultz (22) 6"02 | ECHL | Obtain in transaction | Tough Guy
O: 3.5 D: 7.0
High energy player, can drop the gloves. Should not be re-signed at the end of his contract.

Defense Prospects Potential:
Potential | Player Name (Age) | League Currently Playing | Draft Round or Provenance | Player Type | Offensive Skills Potential(Offensive Awareness; Skating; Puck Control; Shooting;Passing) - Defensive Skills Potential(Defensive Awareness; Skating; Checking; Aggressiveness)

7.5 D | Nathan Beaulieu (19) 6"03 | AHL | 1st Round | Puck-Moving D
Fast skater with a lot of offensive potential, good puck carrier. Many of you will probably disagree with me on this, but I personally think that Beaulieu will be nothing more than a good AHL player or 6-7th defensemen. I would compare him to Chris Campoli, able to carry the puck with speed, but isn't skilled enough to create scoring chances, average shot, not physical and bad in his own end. However, Beaulieu has a better vision than Campoli.

7.5 D | Mac Bennett (21) 5"11 | NCAA | 3rd Round | Offensive D
O: 7.5 - D: 5.5
Great offensive sense. Still developing every aspects of his game. Getting is entry-level contract should be a formality for him. It will be interesting to see what he will be capable of doing in the AHL.

7.5 D- | Dalton Thrower (18) 6"00 | WHL | 2nd Round | Two-Way D
O: 7.5 - D: 7.0
This guy can do it all; he can do well in every aspects of the game, but doesn't excel in anything in particular. He has a lot of potential, but so far, he is underperforming this season in the WHL. He has a lot of grit.

7.5 D- | Magnus Nygren (22) 6"01 | SEL | 4th Round | Offensive D
Very intriguing prospect, currently flying under the radar. Already the best offensive defenseman in his team in Sweden at 22 years old. His main attribute is his shot; his main weakness is his defensive play. The Montreal Canadiens have until June 2012 to sign him, by this time he will probably be really close to NHL ready.

7.0 B- | Jarred Tinordi (20) 6"06 | AHL | 1st Round | Defensive-D
O: 3.5 - D: 9.5
Good speed for his size, great leadership and maturity for his age. There are high chances that we see him establish himself in the NHL as a great defensive defenseman, useful for the penalty killing. However, his transition between the AHL to the NHL may take awhile due to the fact that he will have to adapt to the fast pace of the NHL. Don't be surprised to see him make mistakes at the early stages of his career like Ryan O'Byrne did at the same age.

7.0 C- | Morgan Ellis (20) 6"02 | AHL | 4th Round | Defensive-D
O: 6.0 - D: 8.0
Smart player without the puck. I expect to see him develop slowly but surely as a solid NHL defenseman, a bit like Gorges who is still improving his game each year. Therefore, we will have to be patient with him. He will probably become a bottom 3 defenseman in the NHL.

6.5 C- | Darren Dietz (19) 6"01 | WHL | 5th Round | Defensive-D
O: 5.0 D: 8.0
Tough guy to play against, still has a lot to prove. I evaluate his chances to make it to the NHL at 20%. The Montreal Canadiens will probably give him his entry-level contract this summer.

6.0 D+ | Greg Pateryn (22) 6"03 | AHL | Obtain in transaction | Defensive-D
O: 3.5 D: 8.5
Shutdown defenseman. Bring a lot of physicality and toughness to the game. It will be hard for him to make it to the NHL, but it is to soon to give up on his case.

5.5 D- | Josiah Didier (19) 6"02 | NCAA | 4th Round | Defensive-D
O: 2.5 - D: 7.5
His size is his best asset. Actually fighting to get an entry-level contract.

5 D- | Collin Sullivan (19) 6"00 | NCAA | 7th Round | Two-Way D
O: 4.0 - D: 5.0
Low chances seeing him getting an entry-level contract.

4.5 B- | Brendon Nash (25) 6"03 | AHL | Signed | Two-Way D
O: 5.5 - D: 6.0
Average at everything. He wasn't that far making it to the NHL two years ago, however, since he missed the entire season last year, he probably lost his chance. Will probably be nothing more than a good AHL player.

2.0 A | Joe Stejskal (24) 6"03 | ECHL | 5th Round | Defensive-D
O: 3.0 - D: 6.5
Nothing special. Montreal will probably not renew his contract.

Goalie Prospects Potential:
Potential | Player Name (Age) | League Currently Playing | Draft Round or Provenance

4.0 B | Robert Mayer (23) 6"01 | AHL | Undrafted
Should never reach the NHL. At very best, he could become a starting goaltender in the AHL. Montreal will probably not renew his contract.

4.0 B- | Peter Delmas (22) 6"02 | AHL | Traded
Should never reach the NHL. Like Mayer, he could become a starting goaltender in the AHL. Montreal will probably not renew his contract.

Hamilton Bulldogs Prospects:
5.0 C (D) Antoine Corbin - Defensive-D
4.0 C (C) Stephane Chaput - Two-Way F
3.5 C (C) Daulton Leveille - Playmaker
3.0 A- (C) Olivier Fortier - Two-Way F

Prospects Ranking:
Calculation example for A. Galchenyuk:
Potential 8B => 8(Max Potential) + (8-1=7(Min Potential)) / 2 = 7.5

1. (C) Alex Galchenyuk 7.5
2. (RW) Brendan Gallagher 7.0-
3. (RW) Sebastien Collberg 6.5
4. (C) Louis Leblanc 6.5-
5. (D) Jarred Tinordi 6.5-
6. (D) Nathan Beaulieu 6.0
7. (RW) Danny Kristo 6.0
8. (D) Mac Bennett 6.0
9. (LW) Tim Bozon 6.0
10. (D) Dalton Thrower 6.0-
11. (D) Morgan Ellis 6.0-
12. (C) Brady Vail 6.0-
13. (D) Magnus Nygren 6.0-
14. (LW) Charles Hudon 5.5+
15. (C) Michaal Bournival 5.5
16. (C) Endreas Engqvist 5.5
17. (RW) Patrick Holland 5.5
18. (D) Darren Dietz 5.5-
19. (RW) Steve Quailer 5.5-
20. (LW) Mark MacMillan 5.5-
21. (LW) Erik Nystrom 5.5-
22. (LW) Blake Geoffrion 5.0
23. (C) Dustin Walsh 5.0-
24. (C) Gabriel Dumont 4.5
25. (C) Joonas Nattinen 4.5
26. (RW) Aaron Palushaj 4.5-
27. (LW) Daniel Prybil 4.5-
28. (D) Greg Pateryn 4.0+
29. (D) Josiah Didier 4.0
30. (D) Antoine Corbin 4.0 *
31. (D) Brendon Nash 4.0-
32. (LW) Olivier Archambault 3.5+
33. (RW) Alexander Avstin 3.5
34. (RW) Maxim Trunev 3+
35. (C) Stephane Chaput 3.0 *
36. (G) Robert Mayer 3.0
37. (C) Olivier Fortier 3.0- *
38. (G) Peter Delmas 3.0-
39. (D) Collin Sullivan 3.0-
40. (C) Daulton Leveille 2.5 *
41. (LW) Philippe Lefebvre 2.5-
42. (RW) Ian Schultz 2.0
43. (RW) Alain Berger 2.0
44. (D) Joe Stejskal 2.0
45. (C) Mike Cichy 2.0

* Hamilton Bulldogs player.

Leave your comments!

Last edited by HabsProspectsExpert: 11-14-2012 at 05:12 PM.
Old
11-14-2012, 03:53 PM
Beendair Donedat

You rate Thrower that much higher than Dietz when Thrower has been terrible all year and Dietz has shown equal and greater career progression? Seems odd. I give Dietz a much better than 1 in 5 chance to play NHL hockey.

Old
11-14-2012, 04:58 PM
S Bah

vCash: 50
I find Nygren and Engqvist aren't anywhere near the top twenty,Dietz,Dumont,Quailer and Holland should move ahead of those two prospects IMO.Vail is questionable also,I believe he should be rated behind the above players.

Old
11-14-2012, 05:03 PM
HabsProspectsExpert
Artturi Lehkonen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beendair Donedat View Post
You rate Thrower that much higher than Dietz when Thrower has been terrible all year and Dietz has shown equal and greater career progression? Seems odd. I give Dietz a much better than 1 in 5 chance to play NHL hockey.
Mmhh that's a way to see things. On the other hand, we are still early in the season and I think Thrower will bounce back. In my opinion, I think that Thrower has more potential to become a complete player than Dietz. Don't forget that we pick this guy 51 overall at the draft only 6 months ago. + so far this season, Thrower is +3 and Dietz is -11.

Closed Thread