HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Number 1 defenceman to Edmonton

Old
11-14-2012, 06:01 PM
BudMovin*
Mung Dealer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
Out of the list I am not trading one of the FAB 4, for Yandle Karlsson(we don't need a one dimenssional dman) McDonagh, Myers, Hedman, Bogo, Subban or Larsson. I don't consider these players top dmen and if I am trading one of my FAB 4 it is going to be for a top dman.
You don't win the Norris without being considered a top Dman.

BudMovin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 06:02 PM
topchowda

I either want a top 2 or 3 guy that wont cost the big 4. But a pipeline dream would be to get Seabrook. His is the exact defenseman the Oilers need to a T. I wouldnt hesitate to give up Ebs/Yakupov/Hall

topchowda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 06:08 PM
KidLine93

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudMovin View Post
He was a second line winger and he did a lot more in the playoffs than Hall. This year and last....Hall is a more complete player? Seguin will be the better defensive player (and probably already is). You earn power play minutes on the Bruins by playing 3 zone hockey.
Well maybe Boston would rank higher in the PP% if they put offensive players on the power play instead of 3 zone players....so would you would put Milan Lucic on the power play over a guy like Eberle??

KidLine93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 06:11 PM
Thallis
We suck again!

vCash: 499
Send a message via MSN to Thallis
Quote:
Originally Posted by KidLine93 View Post
Well maybe Boston would rank higher in the PP% if they put offensive players on the power play instead of 3 zone players....so would you would put Milan Lucic on the power play over a guy like Eberle??
Depending on who else is on your powerplay, I don't see why not. Having a big body presence in front of the net can make a powerplay great.

Thallis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 06:31 PM
KidLine93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thallis View Post
Depending on who else is on your powerplay, I don't see why not. Having a big body presence in front of the net can make a powerplay great.
Same with having a guy that can beat a goalie...clean

I was just showing how his "3 zone play gets you PP" might be one of the dumbest things I have heard. If that was the case the Pens should have Brooks Orpik on the PP instead of Kris Letang...Or maybe bump Claude Giroux off Phillys power play in favour of Wayne Simmonds

KidLine93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 07:40 PM
BudMovin*
Mung Dealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidLine93 View Post
Would I, no. But I don't call the shots.....What makes you think I would want Lucic over Eberle on the PP? Our PP wasn't bad during this past regular season, but for some reason it has been atrocious the past 2 years during the playoffs.

I am merely stating how the Bruins go about doing things, not how I would like them to.

Old
11-14-2012, 08:26 PM
LPH
[hello] :)

vCash: 50
Quote:
Out of the list I am not trading one of the FAB 4, for Yandle Karlsson(we don't need a one dimenssional dman) McDonagh, Myers, Hedman, Bogo, Subban or Larsson. I don't consider these players top dmen and if I am trading one of my FAB 4 it is going to be for a top dman.
come on man, Karlsson is easily a top defender in the game, and many of the players listed are up and coming very good defenseman.

The post is completely ridiculous, but the Karlsson comment put it over the top for me.

If you want Weber, Pietroangelo ect, you're gonna need to add to one of the "FAB 4"

LPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 10:49 PM
rockinghockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
come on man, Karlsson is easily a top defender in the game, and many of the players listed are up and coming very good defenseman.

The post is completely ridiculous, but the Karlsson comment put it over the top for me.

If you want Weber, Pietroangelo ect, you're gonna need to add to one of the "FAB 4"
That is what I am saying if I am giving up one of the FAB 4 those are the dmen I want, Karlsson is a good dman but signed to 6.5mil; yes he had a really good offensive year but what are the chances that he does it again, if I am giving up one of the FAB 4 I want a dman that is a bit more proven that is all I mean. How many players have you seen have one good year get the really good contract and then never perform to that level again. That is what I am worried about with Karlsson. Even Souray got 16 goals in one year.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 03:58 AM
zytz
lumberjack

Quote:
That is what I am saying if I am giving up one of the FAB 4 those are the dmen I want, Karlsson is a good dman but signed to 6.5mil; yes he had a really good offensive year but what are the chances that he does it again, if I am giving up one of the FAB 4 I want a dman that is a bit more proven that is all I mean. How many players have you seen have one good year get the really good contract and then never perform to that level again. That is what I am worried about with Karlsson. Even Souray got 16 goals in one year.
Karlsson had a better year last year than any of the fab 4 have had, ever. I get what you're saying and in general I very much disagree with valuing a player highly based on a single season, but the numbers Karlsson put up were better than some of the league's best forwards, and that's real hard to ignore.

zytz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 04:43 AM
BudMovin*
Mung Dealer

Quote:
You wouldn't give up any of the fab 4 for a 21 year old Norris Trophy winner (Youngest since Bobby Orr) who is signed to a deal only a half million more per year than Eberle and Hall on the point that he isn't proven? Which of the fab 4 is more proven than him? I'd give up any 1 player on the Bruins for Karlsson. He finished tied for 10th in scoring when the next highest defensemen was tied for 80th. Unreal.

To each their own I guess.

Old
11-16-2012, 08:16 AM
guyzeur

Quote:

Did you see Karlsson play a few times at least? Stats don't always matter, even if he gets only 65 pts next year, the other things he does on the icewould be worth the 6.5M salary.

The Oilers famous 4 would have their stats inflated by 15 pts each if EK would be feeding them the puck.

guyzeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 10:51 AM
supert

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilersfan11 View Post
What would it take?
I read alot of your postings . While i do not agree with some of the trades , only because i think both teams would say no . I do agree that we still need lots to become a better team , number 1 d man , number 2 center that is big skill and will hit . We need some better players in our bottom 6 . We have some D man coming with upside , but like you i do not see a number 1 in there . Most Oiler fans are going to have to accept the fact one of the big 4 will be traded down the road for a 2 c or a number 1 d .
I was hoping we had a season ,because i expected us to be bad again and hope we could draft a big 2 C or better yet a Seth Jones . We are not winning anything with Gagner as a 2 C . Other Oiler fans like to post his stats ,but there so much more to hockey then stats .
When we were winning our cups look at our number 1 C Gretzky = RNH . Not comparing them just ,their style great passers not physical . Look at our number 2 center, Messier tough as nails would fight, hit ,score and could take over a game in many ways . Gagner . I like the young man , but come on , we need more . Look at our average team that went to the cup in 2006 . Pronger made that team . With out him we lose in the first or second rd .

supert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 03:53 PM
oilerbear

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilersfan11 View Post
What would it take?
At the start of last year:

Our d was structured
Smid-Gilbert
Sutton-Barker
Whitney-Petry
Peckham-Potter.

we got hit with a whole bunch of injuries.

Games played by Oiler Dmen.
Smid 78GM
Petry 73GM
Potter 62GM
Peckham 54GM
Sutton 52GM
whitney 51GM
Gilbert 47GM
Barker 25GM
tuebert 24GM
N. Schultz 20 GM

By boxing day the team decide to go with DD As Starter.
NKB
Started 18 Games got a No decision in one.
17GM 1W 12L 4OTL 3.51GA

D. Dubnyk
Started 30 Games
30GM 16W 11L 3OTL 2.42GA .923 SV%

Jan. 3 Gilbert went down so we were without Gilbert, Whitney
and rolling
Smid-Petry
Peckham-potter
Sutton-Tuebert

Dubnyk
5GM 3W-2L - 0 OTL 2.35GA .929 Sv%
NKB
5GM 0W - 4L - 1OL 3.12GA .896 SV%

Whitney returned Jan 24th and we rolled
Smid-petry
Whitney-Sutton
Peckham-Potter

Dubnyk
8GM 5W - 2L - 1 OTL 2.53GA .925SV%

Gilbert Returned feb 6.
Smid-Gilbert
Barker-petry
whitney-Potter

NKB
Started 4 got a no decision in one
3GM 1W - 1L - 1OTL 3.90GA .885SV%

Dubnyk
5Gm 2W - 3L - 0 OTL 2.37GA .908SV%

Gilbert was traded to MInny for N. Schultz. on Feb 27
Smid-Petry
Whitney-N. Schultz
(Sutton/Peckham) - Potter

NKB
6GM 0W - 4L - 2 OTL 2.94GA .880SV%

D. Dubnyk
10GM 7W - 2L - 1OTL 1.86GA .938SV%

Smid was injured April 1
Schultz-Petry
Whitney - Barker
Sutton - Tuebert

Dubnyk
3GM 0W - 2L - 1 OTL 2.67GA .917SV%

I am glad we will not have Gilbert, Barker, tuebert playing major time on this team.

So while asking for a #1 dman is lovely.

We will be rolling out
Smid-Petry
Whitney - N. schultz
Sutton- J. schultz
in front of dubnyk.

A .750 win% 2.16GA .932Sv% goalie with this D.

I am quite ok with 60 games of
Smyth - RNH- Eberle
Hall - Horc - Yakupov
Hartikainen - Gagner -Hemsky
Eager - Belanger - Jones

Smid-Petry
Whitney - N. schultz
Sutton - j.Schultz
Peckham - Potter

Dubnyk

oilerbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 04:07 PM
CSimpson18

^

Interesting post, appreciate the research.

CSimpson18 is offline   Reply With Quote