HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

2012-2013 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread 2.0

Closed Thread

Old
11-14-2012, 05:22 PM
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beendair Donedat View Post
You rate Thrower that much higher than Dietz when Thrower has been terrible all year and Dietz has shown equal and greater career progression? Seems odd. I give Dietz a much better than 1 in 5 chance to play NHL hockey.
All 13 games you mean?

Old
11-14-2012, 05:25 PM
Beendair Donedat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe84 View Post
All 13 games you mean?
That's all he's played with his own suspension, team suspension and injuries. So yes all year.

Old
11-14-2012, 05:45 PM
HabsProspectsExpert
Artturi Lehkonen

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
I find Nygren and Engqvist aren't anywhere near the top twenty,Dietz,Dumont,Quailer and Holland should move ahead of those two prospects IMO.Vail is questionable also,I believe he should be rated behind the above players.
Here are my thoughts on those players:
I might be the only one, but I believe in Nygren!
Engqvist is rank that high because he's almost NHL ready.
Holland is overrated because of his last year stats, he played with really strong teammates. I don't think that he will be able to adapt his game to the NHL.
Dumont is overrated because he's french and plays for Montreal. Anywhere else you wouldn't heard about this guy
Dietz already discussed earlier.
Quailer we will have to wait and see.

Old
11-14-2012, 06:26 PM
LeMAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsProspectsExpert View Post
I believe in Timins and he picked this guy 51 overall.
This is a pretty weak argument...

Old
11-14-2012, 06:34 PM
HabsProspectsExpert
Artturi Lehkonen

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMAD View Post
This is a pretty weak argument...
My argument is this:
Be patient.

Old
11-14-2012, 10:10 PM
Protest the Hero

Quote:
Holland is overrated because of his last year stats, he played with really strong teammates. I don't think that he will be able to adapt his game to the NHL.
Dumont is overrated because he's french and plays for Montreal. Anywhere else you wouldn't heard about this guy
Holland has been Hamilton's best player, the hype isn't just from last year's stats. He may or may not make the NHL, but he has adapted very well to the AHL early.
I wouldn't really call Quailer a power forward either.

Old
11-14-2012, 10:58 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Those "strong" linemates have gone on to do what exactly this season? It is looking more and more like Holland was the driving factor there with his very solid play on the Dogs.

Old
11-14-2012, 11:11 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Holland is still something of an NHL longshot but it's clear he was the creative force on his line last year. He played with overagers sure, but ordinary ones who have done nothing since then while Holland looks like he belongs in the AHL with equally inexperienced teammates. If he's been overrated recently it's entirely because he had such a strong start to this season.

Dumont might only be as popular as he is because he's Quebecois but he's also the kind of gritty pest we have been missing since trading Lapierre. I'm not French and I miss having a guy who can play that role, regardless of his language.

Nygren is somewhat underrated here, even if he'd only be a Swedish MAB at the NHL level he still has a very good, established skill which is more than can be said of a lot of Habs prospects. I feel like he's more likely to get a contract from the Habs than people give him credit for.

Old
11-14-2012, 11:47 PM
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest the Hero View Post
Holland has been Hamilton's best player, the hype isn't just from last year's stats. He may or may not make the NHL, but he has adapted very well to the AHL early.
I wouldn't really call Quailer a power forward either.
I disagree. Geoffrion, Gallagher and Tinordi have been, in my opinion, better than Holland. Holland has a few good shifts every game, but he's lacking consistency and a lot of the nifty things he shows every game don't usually amount to much, sadly.

That said, I think he's showing a lot of promises. He has the skills, that's for sure.

Old
11-15-2012, 11:09 AM
LeMAD

Quote:
I disagree. Geoffrion, Gallagher and Tinordi have been, in my opinion, better than Holland.
I'm a big fan of Tinordi as a prospect, but so far he has a tough season, to say the least.

Old
11-15-2012, 11:44 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
I'm a big fan of Tinordi as a prospect, but so far he has a tough season, to say the least.
Maybe in the first few games. Ever since he's been Hamilton's best defender IMO (which may not be saying much I guess, but I still think he's doing very well for himself).

Old
11-15-2012, 12:22 PM
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Maybe in the first few games. Ever since he's been Hamilton's best defender IMO (which may not be saying much I guess, but I still think he's doing very well for himself).
Exactly my thoughts.

Old
11-15-2012, 12:24 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beendair Donedat View Post
You rate Thrower that much higher than Dietz when Thrower has been terrible all year and Dietz has shown equal and greater career progression? Seems odd. I give Dietz a much better than 1 in 5 chance to play NHL hockey.
I've seen a couple of Blades games and while Thrower didn't look so good in the first game, he looked much better the next time I saw him. I wouldn't say he's been terrible all year though, seems over the top to me. Agreed on Dietz having a better then 1 in 5 chance to play in the NHL, as I really like what i've seen from him and think he could be a solid bottom pairing type.

Quote:
I disagree. Geoffrion, Gallagher and Tinordi have been, in my opinion, better than Holland. Holland has a few good shifts every game, but he's lacking consistency and a lot of the nifty things he shows every game don't usually amount to much, sadly.

That said, I think he's showing a lot of promises. He has the skills, that's for sure.
I missed yesterdays game but in the rest of the games, Holland impressed me the most of all the rookie forwards. If Holland is lacking consistency then so are all the rest. It's his passing the way he thinks the game that have impressed me so much, just hope he can add mass/strength over the next 2 years.

Quote:
I don't think he's had a tough season at all. He's had some up and down play but that's to be expected from a rookie blueliner, but even more so when you add that he's playing with another rookie most of the time which imo was not the best idea to start with.

Old
11-15-2012, 12:32 PM
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
I missed yesterdays game but in the rest of the games, Holland impressed me the most of all the rookie forwards. If Holland is lacking consistency then so are all the rest. It's his passing the way he thinks the game that have impressed me so much, just hope he can add mass/strength over the next 2 years.
Oh, no argument there. I absolutely love the way he's playing. But I think Gallagher looks better. His tenacity and ability to drive the net are just amazing. And yeah, they're definitely all lacking consistency, that's for sure. Even the supposed "veterans" haven't really helped this team much.

That said, to me, Gallagher has impressed me more and well... I added Geoffrion to the list because he's the leading scorer and he was playing rather well the last few games, but there's only a one-point difference and Holland sure looks more talented out there, so let's call it even. That said, I forgot about one guy: Dumont. I think he's been very important to the Dogs.

Regardless, my point was only that I think it's a stretch to call Holland Hamilton's best player. He does look like the most skilled on the ice, but there's much more to a hockey player. He's been a very nice surprise, that's for sure.

Old
11-15-2012, 12:48 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Oh, no argument there. I absolutely love the way he's playing. But I think Gallagher looks better. His tenacity and ability to drive the net are just amazing. And yeah, they're definitely all lacking consistency, that's for sure. Even the supposed "veterans" haven't really helped this team much.

That said, to me, Gallagher has impressed me more and well... I added Geoffrion to the list because he's the leading scorer and he was playing rather well the last few games, but there's only a one-point difference and Holland sure looks more talented out there, so let's call it even. That said, I forgot about one guy: Dumont. I think he's been very important to the Dogs.

Regardless, my point was only that I think it's a stretch to call Holland Hamilton's best player. He does look like the most skilled on the ice, but there's much more to a hockey player. He's been a very nice surprise, that's for sure.
I guess it depends what games you watch and what your expecations are. For me, with Gallagher after back to back to back 40+ goal seasons, I expected him to be among the top forwards. The problem is that in the 11 games he's played he's been held pointless in 7, so while he's getting tons of chances as he will shoot from anywhere the lack of consistency sticks out more with him imo.

Holland has had his own problems with just 1 pt in the last 6 games but the way he's played has impressed me more as smarts are something you can't teach. But to be fair I wasn't expecting all that much from him since I didn't really know too much about him.

Old
11-15-2012, 03:09 PM
strutsboa

Magnus Nygren with a really strong game tonight, 3 assists, +2, 5 shots and 27:59 min (!) in Färjestads 3-6 loss against Växjö.

He is now 1st (tied with Richie Regehr) in defensemen scoring with 15 points in 22 games.

Old
11-15-2012, 03:17 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by strutsboa View Post
Magnus Nygren with a really strong game tonight, 3 assists, +2, 5 shots and 27:59 min (!) in Färjestads 3-6 loss against Växjö.

He is now 1st (tied with Richie Regehr) in defensemen scoring with 15 points in 22 games.
He seems to be too good offensively to not at least get a chance overseas, even if his the other parts of his game are lacking.

Old
11-15-2012, 03:47 PM
LeMAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
St-Denis is still by far Hamilton's best dman. Tinordi has shown good flashes (sometimes with surprisingly good speed, other times with toughness), but a bit like Emelin last year, it's the little things he does wrong. Like his positionning around the net, or when he has to react quickly with the puck. Despite some flaws, and maybe a lack of intensity, I think Beaulieu is adapting better to the AHL so far.

But of course like Montreal said, it doesn't help when he plays with guys like Pateryn and Ellis (while Beaulieu plays with St-Denis).

I am confident Tinordi's gonna be a solid NHLer, but it will take a few years.

Old
11-15-2012, 04:58 PM
Protest the Hero

Quote:

Fair enough, and maybe it has more to do with expectations going into the season, but Holland has easily been the biggest surprise.

Old
11-15-2012, 07:43 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

I was watching the start of the Volts game before the Michigan game started, Archambault looked like his line was on the ice a ton, thought he looked good though moving the puck around as the Volts had a lot of jump in the 1st.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
A- I would love to know...but is Bennett getting some tough minutes or is he really on the 3rd pairing? They got clubbered 7-2 yesterday and while him being even is all great, Clare and Trouba being -3 tells me they get the toughest matchups which is somewhat ordinairy. I understand Trouba is indeed a special talent, one of my favorite of last year, I understand Clare is a senior, but the guy had all the trouble to play regularly last year. Would love to know what Montreal thinks of that or any other Wolverines follower. I didn't buy the package yet so I don't know myself.
Bennett is on the top pairing with Trouba and he's wearing an A on his jersey. Trouba has looked impressive so far, Bennett has such great mobility, he's been all over the ice so far. Michigan as a whole are flying out there.

Old
11-15-2012, 08:28 PM
dackelljuneaubulis02

archambault with 2g and 2a so far! Should be over a PPG now. Hopefully he can keep it up.

Vail with 2goals and Hudon with a goal and an assist.

Nice night so far

Old
11-15-2012, 08:33 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
Yeah, 23 points in 22 games for Archy. 8 points in his last 3 games.

Great night for our CHL boys.

Old
11-15-2012, 08:39 PM
Habnot

Leblanc already has 42 games under his belt in the NHL as a rookie and didn't look out of place. How that lands him behind guys like Collberg or Gallagher for that matter escapes me.

Old
11-15-2012, 08:54 PM
Jeffrey

Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habnot View Post
Leblanc already has 42 games under his belt in the NHL as a rookie and didn't look out of place. How that lands him behind guys like Collberg or Gallagher for that matter escapes me.
I definately agree that Leblanc is vastly underrated around here and I see him panning out as an ideal third liner with his speed, awareness and intelligence on ice.

I would be surprised if one of Collberg, Kristo and Gallagher end up as a top 6 winger let alone 3.

Old
11-15-2012, 09:01 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Yeah, 23 points in 22 games for Archy. 8 points in his last 3 games.

Great night for our CHL boys.
Indeed 2pts for Vail, Galchenyuk, Hudon(game's not done yet).

4 pts for Archambault.

Closed Thread