HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Sven Bärtshi vs Mikael Granlund

View Poll Results: Sven Bärtshi vs Mikael Granlund
Bärtshi 125 40.85%
Granlund 163 53.27%
Same 18 5.88%
Voters: 306. You may not vote on this poll

Old
11-12-2012, 01:15 PM
Eskimo44

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoppaForsberg View Post
It's not a bad arguement at all. Bartschi has given us a solid sample of he can keep up with the NHL play, while Granlund's injured in a inferior league. Your dismissal of his argument is extremely rude.
Are you kidding? It was a terrible argument. Entirely shortsighted. Neither of the reasons given have anything to do with ability. Granlund couldn't be recalled, he was playing pro in Finland. Hence he never had a chance to play in the NHL yet because of the lockout. Granlunds injury was a tough break, he hurt his knee it happens. Teubert caught him pretty good. So yeah it was a ridiculous argument.

Eskimo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 01:20 PM
FoppaForsberg*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimo44 View Post
Are you kidding? It was a terrible argument. Entirely shortsighted. Neither of the reasons given have anything to do with ability. Granlund couldn't be recalled, he was playing pro in Finland. Hence he never had a chance to play in the NHL yet because of the lockout. Granlunds injury was a tough break, he hurt his knee it happens. Teubert caught him pretty good. So yeah it was a ridiculous argument.
It wasn't a terrible argument at all. I don't care that he never had a chance to play in the NHL yet, Baertschi has already played at the top level and looked great in it, we don't know that about Granlund yet. So no it wasn't.

FoppaForsberg* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 02:20 PM
f1nn

Send a message via AIM to f1nn
Quote:
It wasn't a terrible argument at all. I don't care that he never had a chance to play in the NHL yet, Baertschi has already played at the top level and looked great in it, we don't know that about Granlund yet. So no it wasn't.
what? that IS a terrible argument.. If you were to say "everything considered I would pick Bärtshi.. He's even looked good in the NHL games he played" that would be completely understandable and could be a legitimate COMPLEMENTARY argument for your position.. but to say that it isn't laughable to use an argument of "5 good games>0 games.. so that means Bärtshi>Granlund" is ridiculous

f1nn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 03:36 PM
FoppaForsberg*

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1nn View Post
what? that IS a terrible argument.. If you were to say "everything considered I would pick Bärtshi.. He's even looked good in the NHL games he played" that would be completely understandable and could be a legitimate COMPLEMENTARY argument for your position.. but to say that it isn't laughable to use an argument of "5 good games>0 games.. so that means Bärtshi>Granlund" is ridiculous
No, it's not. I realize he's a representative of your nation, but come on. Granlund seems like an elite talent, but we don't know what will happen at the NHL level, not hard to understand

Old
11-12-2012, 04:44 PM
Ice box hockey

Quote:
No, it's not. I realize he's a representative of your nation, but come on. Granlund seems like an elite talent, but we don't know what will happen at the NHL level, not hard to understand
We also don't know what Sven will do in the NHL either. Sure, he had 5 games and looked very good but that's to small of a sample size to base any judgement off how his career will go. I'm going with Granlund, but not by much. His hockey sense is just too good to pass up.

Ice box hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 06:13 PM
FoppaForsberg*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice box hockey View Post
We also don't know what Sven will do in the NHL either. Sure, he had 5 games and looked very good but that's to small of a sample size to base any judgement off how his career will go. I'm going with Granlund, but not by much. His hockey sense is just too good to pass up.
As far as I'm concerned, points in lesser leagues ( AHL, CHL, NCAA, etc.) are irrelevant, NHL is all that matters. Which is why the 5 game NHL sample of Sven is all that matters. Once both play a full season in the NHL then it will be MUCH easier to compare, which is why I find these type of comparisons of prospects a complete crap shoot because nobody knows how they will perform until they get there and prove themselves, or fail.

Old
11-13-2012, 12:37 AM
Circulartheory
@danccchan

Quote:
Or we can agree that Sven has a slight lead because he's been to the NHL already and looked great.
...alright...

I think Bartschi is a great prospect and his showing in the AHL is a testiment to that, but if you think NHL the only measuring stick in existence in the history of NHL hockey, I guess there isn't much I can do here...

Personally, I think his success in the AHL is a much better indicator to his ability than his mere 5 games in the NHL...

Circulartheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 10:25 AM
Temego

If this poll was made before the season started, It would have been closer, atleast for me.

Now that Granlund has shown that he has no problem adapting to North American rink/game (leads AHL in ppg), Im taking him pretty easily over Baertschi.

Temego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 10:35 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
I really like Granlund

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 10:43 AM
FoppaForsberg*

Quote:
Originally Posted by danccchan View Post
...alright...

I think Bartschi is a great prospect and his showing in the AHL is a testiment to that, but if you think NHL the only measuring stick in existence in the history of NHL hockey, I guess there isn't much I can do here...

Personally, I think his success in the AHL is a much better indicator to his ability than his mere 5 games in the NHL...
Yes, obviously it's an indicator. However my point is that that's all it is, an indicator.
Refer to post #156.

Old
11-13-2012, 10:53 AM
AJMHABS
25days!! New life

I like Baertschi more, but its close.

AJMHABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 06:59 PM
Loffer

It' close but Granlund wins it by "x factor".

Loffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 07:27 PM
BruinsNeedaRussian

Quote:
As far as I'm concerned, points in lesser leagues ( AHL, CHL, NCAA, etc.) are irrelevant, NHL is all that matters. Which is why the 5 game NHL sample of Sven is all that matters. Once both play a full season in the NHL then it will be MUCH easier to compare, which is why I find these type of comparisons of prospects a complete crap shoot because nobody knows how they will perform until they get there and prove themselves, or fail.
Then almost all prospects are irrelevant and Bartshi>>>>>>>>>>Yakupov.

BruinsNeedaRussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 07:48 PM
FoppaForsberg*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsNeedaRussian View Post
Then almost all prospects are irrelevant and Bartshi>>>>>>>>>>Yakupov.
Until both players play in the NHL at the same time, yes.

Old
11-13-2012, 08:22 PM
ThatGuy22

Based on Sven's 5 game NHL sample, he will never get an assist in the NHL and is a puck hog. I would never want that big of a puck hog on my team so I vote Granlund...

ThatGuy22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 08:34 PM
SephF
See you next time

I went with Baertschi... I've seen a fair amount of both of them. This is a good poll because it's a hard decision but every single time I've watched Sven play he's really impressed me.

With that being said Granlund has a laser accurate wrist shot, he is punishing AHL goalies with that thing.

Last edited by Sojourn: 11-13-2012 at 11:49 PM.
SephF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 09:52 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loffer View Post
It' close but Granlund wins it by "x factor".
Sven wins due to his y factor and we all know y factor> x factor

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 01:01 AM
Bryanbryoil
Paying Off A Bet

Both look to be very good young players who should be star caliber NHLers. IMO Baertschi is the better skater while Granlund has the better shot. Granlund is also a C and maybe the better defensive player. IMO you can't go wrong with either and you're splitting hairs choosing between these two right now.

11-14-2012, 02:23 AM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Quote:
Or we can agree that Sven has a slight lead because he's been to the NHL already and looked great.
Petr Kalus. That is all.

thestonedkoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 02:32 PM
FoppaForsberg*

Quote:
Originally Posted by the8bandarmadillo View Post
Petr Kalus. That is all.
I don't think you understand what I'm saying, I mean that until both play a full NHL season we can't really evenly compare the two.

Old
11-14-2012, 04:03 PM
Victorious Secret
Dr. Chuck Evil

Quote:
can't compare the two.
But Bartshi is still above Granlund for NHL experience? This is confusing.

Victorious Secret is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 05:08 PM
FoppaForsberg*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victorious Secret View Post
But Bartshi is still above Granlund for NHL experience? This is confusing.
No, my point is 5 games isn't a big enough sample size so comparing the two is irrelevant because either one of them haven't played a full season yet.

Old
11-14-2012, 06:32 PM
Black Label

Quote:
Bartschi has given us a solid sample of he can keep up with the NHL play, while Granlund's injured in a inferior league.
Quote:
No, my point is 5 games isn't a big enough sample size so comparing the two is irrelevant because either one of them haven't played a full season yet.
You make no sense.

Black Label is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 06:40 PM
FoppaForsberg*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Label View Post
You make no sense.
Not a solid sample, but a sample. Happy now?

Old
11-14-2012, 07:21 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
A 5 game sample size is way too small to form an objective opinion over another player. Unless you've already drawn a conclusion, and that's just because you don't care about drawing another.

Sojourn is online now   Reply With Quote