HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bob Ackles Memorial B.C. Lions Thread #10

Closed Thread

Old
11-13-2012, 02:51 PM
crazycanuck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanwest View Post
Look I know it's football and every team has its share of trash talkers, including us. The leadership group of the Stampeders being Cornish, Lewis and Tate just stands out to me and I believe to the Lions as well. I wouldn't say that about any other team in the CFL. If you compare Harris, Lulay, Bighill and say Geroy Simon to Lewis, Cornish and Tate I think that you can see a pretty clear difference. I think the Lions from listening to Harris feel the same about Calgary. And I don't think you'd see the same emotions if any other Western team was involved in the playoffs.
I don't understand the Tate hate. There is nothing wrong with walking around with some swaggar, which is what Tate does. He's just not as well spoken and composed as Lulay. Lions are very lucky and spoiled with having Lulay who is so well versed and very media savvy.

And if you think that Marsh, and Banks are not part of the leadership group than you are mistaken.

Old
11-13-2012, 03:11 PM
vanwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycanuck View Post
I don't understand the Tate hate. There is nothing wrong with walking around with some swaggar, which is what Tate does. He's just not as well spoken and composed as Lulay. Lions are very lucky and spoiled with having Lulay who is so well versed and very media savvy.

And if you think that Marsh, and Banks are not part of the leadership group than you are mistaken.
Like I said, every team has its trash talkers. No one is arguing that we are angels. You and I obviously disagree that the Stampeders stand out from the other teams. That's fine. I've heard players from other teams say the same things about the Stampeders as a group. I also think that the Lions themselves have a special feeling for the Stampeders that goes beyond what they feel for the other teams. I'll just leave it at that.

Old
11-13-2012, 03:39 PM
MikeK

vCash: 1292
Tate is a mellow dramatic wannabe. What the hell has that guy done in the CFL to justify his ego? I can't wait for the Lions to run smash mouth on him all game long and watch his crybaby self on the big screen. If the Stamps think they are getting the same team they faced 2 weeks ago they are going to be sadly mistaken.

Old
11-13-2012, 03:58 PM
thom

What has Simon accomplished one who is not Nfl caliber but thrashes tebow?

Old
11-13-2012, 04:03 PM
MikeK

Quote:
Originally Posted by thom View Post
Simon has accomplished far more in his football career then Tebow will ever. If any CFLer has the right to trash a piece of garbage like Tebow it would be Simon. Keep on fishing.

Old
11-13-2012, 04:04 PM
vanwest

Quote:
You might want to Google "all time CFL records" to see what Simon has accomplished.

Old
11-13-2012, 04:05 PM
crazycanuck

Quote:
Like I said, every team has its trash talkers. No one is arguing that we are angels. You and I obviously disagree that the Stampeders stand out from the other teams. That's fine. I've heard players from other teams say the same things about the Stampeders as a group. I also think that the Lions themselves have a special feeling for the Stampeders that goes beyond what they feel for the other teams. I'll just leave it at that.
Haha having teams who don't like eachother for one reason or another makes games like this even better.

Personally I love it when players talk trash and are cocky, makes for good entertainment leading up to the game.

Old
11-13-2012, 04:07 PM
vanwest

Quote:
Haha having teams who don't like eachother for one reason or another makes games like this even better.
Personally I love it when players talk trash and are cocky, makes for good entertainment leading up to the game.
No argument there. Hopefully this motivates a Lion's team that hasn't played a meaningful game for a few weeks.

Old
11-13-2012, 04:12 PM
crazycanuck

Quote:
No argument there. Hopefully this motivates a Lion's team that hasn't played a meaningful game for a few weeks.
Stamps feel slighted because they only finished the season 1 win back of the Lions and everyone is counting them out. That will be their "Extra" motivation.

Old
11-13-2012, 04:15 PM
vanwest

Quote:
Stamps feel slighted because they only finished the season 1 win back of the Lions and everyone is counting them out. That will be their "Extra" motivation.
They should be thankful they made it to the finals after that game against the Riders. They were fortunate to win. They will need to play a lot better if they hope to compete with the Lions. Especially on defence where they were awful.

Old
11-13-2012, 04:20 PM
MikeK

Quote:
They should be thankful they made it to the finals after that game against the Riders. They were fortunate to win. They will need to play a lot better if they hope to compete with the Lions. Especially on defence where they were awful.
Agreed... and Tate was avg at best. If not for a cpl missed assignments on the Riders side of things that game could have easily been a riders win.

I think because the Lions haven't had to play a meaningful football game in over a month that people are forgetting just how good a FC they are. Stamps are going to have to have their best game of the season to just be in the game. Lions could play at 80% and still win.

Old
11-13-2012, 04:44 PM
thom

Right accomplished records for a minor pro league.

Old
11-13-2012, 07:22 PM
Royal Canuck
Go Canucks Go!

Quote:
Right accomplished records for a minor pro league.
Let's face it, right now, Tim Tebow is a back-up quarterback on a team that is below .500 in the NFL. What has he accomplished in his career so far? besides a string of lucky 4th quarter wins last season and the hype that he's received from his college days, he's got nothing.

Minor or Major league, Geroy has accomplished more than Tebow, and you can't say, "yeah well he's in the minor league" put it like this, if Sean Bergenheim was compared to say Bruce Boudreau, who is 5th in all time scoring in the AHL with 1,400 points or something crazy like that. In 25 years, who will be remembered more, Sean Bergenheim or Bruce Boudreau?

Twitter |HFBoards Contact | Blog
PSN - TBennz
"You're never a loser until you quit trying. " - Mike Ditka
Old
11-13-2012, 07:22 PM
Rocko604

1040 might want to calm down on calling for Nik Lewis to be suspended for his tweet today. The Stamps certainly won't have the fortitude to do it, and I doubt the CFL does either, given it's the playoffs.

Old
11-13-2012, 07:30 PM
thom

I do respect simon but you do wonder why he could not achieve more success south of border.Question to lions fans Would you rather have Fernandez or Simon in their prime?

Old
11-13-2012, 07:39 PM
JBIZ14

Swervin no doubt.

Old
11-13-2012, 08:10 PM
Reverend Mayhem
CRJ + RNH = Sex

Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko604 View Post
1040 might want to calm down on calling for Nik Lewis to be suspended for his tweet today. The Stamps certainly won't have the fortitude to do it, and I doubt the CFL does either, given it's the playoffs.
Have zero idea why it's such a big deal.

Old
11-13-2012, 08:31 PM
MikeK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Mayhem View Post
Have zero idea why it's such a big deal.
Me either. Negativity/Drama sells so it's probably the stations way of drumming up listeners. No way he gets suspended and even if he did there would most certainly be an appeal. Lewis will be in Sundays game no matter how much people wish otherwise.

Old
11-13-2012, 10:47 PM
Royal Canuck
Go Canucks Go!

Quote:

Tate has quite the swag, no doubt about it. If I was in the CFL, I'd want Drew Tate's gear. He's flashy, whereas Lulay is more fundamental. It's a classic Crosby vs Ovechkin argument, but I think in this case Lulay has a lot more talent than Tate does and although Tate isn't as good as Lulay, that doesn't mean Lulay can't be outplayed if Tate comes out with his "A" game.

Old
11-14-2012, 09:51 AM
crazycanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Canuck View Post
Tate has quite the swag, no doubt about it. If I was in the CFL, I'd want Drew Tate's gear. He's flashy, whereas Lulay is more fundamental. It's a classic Crosby vs Ovechkin argument, but I think in this case Lulay has a lot more talent than Tate does and although Tate isn't as good as Lulay, that doesn't mean Lulay can't be outplayed if Tate comes out with his "A" game.
Tate is much more of a risk taker, gun slinger than Lulay is. They both are very mobile and good at extending plays, but Lulay is also very efficient at finding the easy short pass to at least get a few yards. If Tate is on his game and is throwing the ball deep and accurately the game will be very close and the Stamps will have a very good chance to win the game.

As for the Lewis debacle. He should get fined. Suspended or having to sit for a game is a very tough call considering it was just a horrible attempt at humour.

Old
11-14-2012, 08:38 PM
LiquidSnake
Agent of Chaos...

Saying "White girl named Nicole" is just as bad as Khalif Mitchell's tweet. Especially considering the tweet is about the victim of a murderer.

Old
11-15-2012, 10:26 AM
MikeK

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidSnake View Post
Saying "White girl named Nicole" is just as bad as Khalif Mitchell's tweet. Especially considering the tweet is about the victim of a murderer.
How is "White girl named Nicole" just as bad as what KM used? You might feel it was in bad taste because of the circumstances surrounding the situation but lets get real here. What KM used was a named associated with hate. The two aren't even in the same galaxy.

People really need to stop being so freakin sensitive.

Old
11-15-2012, 02:31 PM
roach9

&... Tate's out for the season.

That is how you reap the benefit of a bye-week.

Old
11-15-2012, 03:33 PM
crazycanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach9 View Post

Except the Stamps have Glenn who is just as capable as starter as Tate.

Old
11-15-2012, 03:34 PM
VanIsle
Bruins in 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach9 View Post

See ya Tate, I can't wait for this game, I have tickets and it shall be great.

Are beers still $8?

Closed Thread