HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

Luongo Thread: Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For (Mod Warning in OP)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-14-2012, 06:23 PM
  #626
Vancouver_2010
Go Canucks & Oilers
 
Vancouver_2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,147
vCash: 500
I am not sure why certain leafs fans is here, didn't he read in the FIRST POST?
If you're going to come here and tell Canuck fans what Luongo is worth and that they're wrong, word of advice; Don't.

Anyways, I think it will take JVR+Kadri+Bozak for Luongo and Raymond.

Vancouver_2010 is offline  
Old
11-14-2012, 06:59 PM
  #627
Liferleafer
Golf....again....
 
Liferleafer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 9,249
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancouver_2010 View Post
I am not sure why certain leafs fans is here, didn't he read in the FIRST POST?
If you're going to come here and tell Canuck fans what Luongo is worth and that they're wrong, word of advice; Don't.

Anyways, I think it will take JVR+Kadri+Bozak for Luongo and Raymond.
I hope this isn't refering to me. If so, maybe i wasn't clear, i just admited i was wrong about Luongo's contract being bad and that i WOULD do Vankillers proposals of Lupul 1st etc.

Liferleafer is offline  
Old
11-14-2012, 07:22 PM
  #628
blendini
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 428
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancouver_2010 View Post
I am not sure why certain leafs fans is here, didn't he read in the FIRST POST?
If you're going to come here and tell Canuck fans what Luongo is worth and that they're wrong, word of advice; Don't.

Anyways, I think it will take JVR+Kadri+Bozak for Luongo and Raymond.
Actually, the Leaf fans around here have been pretty good. As a Canuck fan, I don't think the Leafs would trade 3 of their potential centers when that is a weak spot on their team. And quit trying to trade off Raymond - they already have players like him. Unless we could squeeze JVR out of them, I think the focus should be on the #1 pick and prospects.


Last edited by blendini: 11-14-2012 at 07:23 PM. Reason: grammar
blendini is offline  
Old
11-14-2012, 07:33 PM
  #629
Bleach Clean
Registered User
 
Bleach Clean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 15,259
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
the package i want hasn't changed since the start:

young contributing NHLer (top 9 forward/top 6 defensman) + top prospect (legit blue chipper - not Kadri) + 1st round pick


TO doesn't have a blue chip prospect, so I suppose you wouldn't do any deal with them? (Gardiner has "graduated" and is no longer a prospect)



Also, if a team doesn't have a blue chip asset to give, then the best they can do is to offer two lesser prospects. But I suppose even that isn't good enough?



If you equate Colborne + Percy to a top prospect (not blue chip, which is even a level higher) then Colborne + Percy + Frattin (top 9 in TO) + 1st satisfies your criteria.

Bleach Clean is offline  
Old
11-14-2012, 07:54 PM
  #630
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,936
vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
TO doesn't have a blue chip prospect, so I suppose you wouldn't do any deal with them? (Gardiner has "graduated" and is no longer a prospect)



Also, if a team doesn't have a blue chip asset to give, then the best they can do is to offer two lesser prospects. But I suppose even that isn't good enough?



If you equate Colborne + Percy to a top prospect (not blue chip, which is even a level higher) then Colborne + Percy + Frattin (top 9 in TO) + 1st satisfies your criteria.
Rielly? I was sure they had someone...

Vankiller Whale is offline  
Old
11-14-2012, 08:05 PM
  #631
arsmaster
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 16,266
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
TO doesn't have a blue chip prospect, so I suppose you wouldn't do any deal with them? (Gardiner has "graduated" and is no longer a prospect)



Also, if a team doesn't have a blue chip asset to give, then the best they can do is to offer two lesser prospects. But I suppose even that isn't good enough?



If you equate Colborne + Percy to a top prospect (not blue chip, which is even a level higher) then Colborne + Percy + Frattin (top 9 in TO) + 1st satisfies your criteria.
If you grade Colborne a 'C' prospect and Percy an 'B' prospect B + C don't equal 'A'.

Rielly or Gardiner from Toronto for me.

Need to get an 'A' player or Prospect for me to want to trade him...it has to be worth losing the incredible advantage to have two excellent goalies in a compressed season.

Basically it has to 'wow'.

arsmaster is online now  
Old
11-14-2012, 08:16 PM
  #632
StringerBell
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 10,000
vCash: 500
I don't see how Frattin is at all a desirable asset for us. Doesn't supplant Hansen or Kassian in the bottom six, and nowhere near accomplished enough for the top 6. Would much rather have Blacker or Percy, as they fill a greater need in the prospect pool.

StringerBell is offline  
Old
11-14-2012, 08:22 PM
  #633
SunshineRays
Registered User
 
SunshineRays's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 864
vCash: 500
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl-l...s_marlies_ahl/

Listen to Brian Burke from today. Lol.

Gillis and Burke trying to get a deal done for Luongo is like oil mixing with water, ain't gonna happen. Short of a miracle, there is no love there, and likely no desire for Gillis to trade him there. They've taken subtle pot shots at eachother via media last couple months, they just can't help themselves.

Edit: Also, Dug Mclean on team 1040 today again reiterating his garbage that Burke will pursue Luongo hard after lockout.

SunshineRays is offline  
Old
11-14-2012, 08:46 PM
  #634
Bleach Clean
Registered User
 
Bleach Clean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 15,259
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
If you grade Colborne a 'C' prospect and Percy an 'B' prospect B + C don't equal 'A'.

Rielly or Gardiner from Toronto for me.

Need to get an 'A' player or Prospect for me to want to trade him...it has to be worth losing the incredible advantage to have two excellent goalies in a compressed season.

Basically it has to 'wow'.


Gardiner isn't a prospect to me. He's established his spot on the team. This Gardiner or bust thing is weird, it's just not going to happen. Expectations are too high.


What do you consider Petrovic, because there have been a few people here willing to do a deal using him as the centre piece?


You're forgetting Luongo wants out, or has mutually agreed to be out. So the "advantage" is a temporary one. Other teams also know this, and will offer accordingly.

Bleach Clean is offline  
Old
11-14-2012, 08:59 PM
  #635
arsmaster
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 16,266
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
Gardiner isn't a prospect to me. He's established his spot on the team. This Gardiner or bust thing is weird, it's just not going to happen. Expectations are too high.


What do you consider Petrovic, because there have been a few people here willing to do a deal using him as the centre piece?


You're forgetting Luongo wants out, or has mutually agreed to be out. So the "advantage" is a temporary one. Other teams also know this, and will offer accordingly.
I'm expecting quality.

If the player is an 'A' then the prospect should be.

Petrovic I see as a 'B' prospect maybe B+.

I'm guess I'm ripe to be disappointed.

arsmaster is online now  
Old
11-14-2012, 09:13 PM
  #636
Vancouver_2010
Go Canucks & Oilers
 
Vancouver_2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,147
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blendini View Post
Actually, the Leaf fans around here have been pretty good. As a Canuck fan, I don't think the Leafs would trade 3 of their potential centers when that is a weak spot on their team. And quit trying to trade off Raymond - they already have players like him. Unless we could squeeze JVR out of them, I think the focus should be on the #1 pick and prospects.
If we trade Luongo from the team, the overall quality of the team will take a negative impact, a 1st round pick or prospect isn't going to fill the gap needed for us to remain competitive for next year. so if we are going to trade Luongo, we need impact players that can contribute now.

Vancouver_2010 is offline  
Old
11-14-2012, 09:49 PM
  #637
Scurr
Registered User
 
Scurr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Whalley
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,503
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancouver_2010 View Post
If we trade Luongo from the team, the overall quality of the team will take a negative impact, a 1st round pick or prospect isn't going to fill the gap needed for us to remain competitive for next year. so if we are going to trade Luongo, we need impact players that can contribute now.
Is that a joke?

Scurr is online now  
Old
11-14-2012, 09:50 PM
  #638
B-rock
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,019
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scurr View Post
Is that a joke?
Yes, usually replies from that source are.

B-rock is offline  
Old
11-14-2012, 10:24 PM
  #639
Bleach Clean
Registered User
 
Bleach Clean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 15,259
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
I'm expecting quality.

If the player is an 'A' then the prospect should be.

Petrovic I see as a 'B' prospect maybe B+.

I'm guess I'm ripe to be disappointed.


I do think your expectations are too high. But then, you're allowed to have them of course. Every VAN fan wants a stellar return.



The way I look at it is this: Gardiner has the potential to become a more valuable player than Dubinsky, and the latter was the best player in the Nash deal, so expecting the same is out of line IMO.



Also, a team that has a precarious draft position like TO or even FLA, isn't going to deal the 1st _and_ an a A level prospect. The risk is just too great that at least one turns into an organizational building block.

Bleach Clean is offline  
Old
11-14-2012, 10:32 PM
  #640
Kass Effect
Registered User
 
Kass Effect's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Data Corrupted
Posts: 1,195
vCash: 358
From MLB TSN-
'The farewells for Roy Halladay and Chris Bosh could not have been more different but both represented the very same thing: premier athletes in their respective sports who left town because they'd decided their aspirations for a championship could not be met in Toronto.'

Add Sundin to the list. You know Kessel is next if they don't get a real goalie.

What if Reimer doesn't improve? Scrivens has had some really bad plays. What if Kadri doesn't reach his full potential, and JVR doesn't work at C? What if Rielly doesn't have a significant impact for 3 or 4 years? Does Kessel want to wait that long? Does Lupul? T.O.'s track record of playoff misses is getting pretty long.

IMO, Burke will crack before Gillis does.

Kass Effect is offline  
Old
11-14-2012, 10:42 PM
  #641
vanuck
Griffiths Way Goons
 
vanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Hong Kong
Posts: 9,991
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
Also, a team that has a precarious draft position like TO or even FLA, isn't going to deal the 1st _and_ an a A level prospect. The risk is just too great that at least one turns into an organizational building block.
Even if the GM in question has a good chance of being fired if his team misses the playoffs this year?

vanuck is offline  
Old
11-14-2012, 11:26 PM
  #642
monster_bertuzzi
registered user
 
monster_bertuzzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,454
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
TO doesn't have a blue chip prospect, so I suppose you wouldn't do any deal with them? (Gardiner has "graduated" and is no longer a prospect)
*cough* Morgan Reilly..

monster_bertuzzi is offline  
Old
11-14-2012, 11:30 PM
  #643
SunshineRays
Registered User
 
SunshineRays's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 864
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProspectProphet View Post
From MLB TSN-
'The farewells for Roy Halladay and Chris Bosh could not have been more different but both represented the very same thing: premier athletes in their respective sports who left town because they'd decided their aspirations for a championship could not be met in Toronto.'

Add Sundin to the list. You know Kessel is next if they don't get a real goalie.

What if Reimer doesn't improve? Scrivens has had some really bad plays. What if Kadri doesn't reach his full potential, and JVR doesn't work at C? What if Rielly doesn't have a significant impact for 3 or 4 years? Does Kessel want to wait that long? Does Lupul? T.O.'s track record of playoff misses is getting pretty long.

IMO, Burke will crack before Gillis does.
I'd even go beyond that to say 'attracting free agents'. With fewer quality free agents hitting the markets every summer, it's a dog fight to get the few that do.

Players can make the same $$ with any league team, so what quality free agent wants to join a team who hasn't made the playoffs since the last lockout? Every player in the league, including the Leafs players, know what their problem is. If they don't address it, they have zero chance at attracting Getzlaf, Perry or any high quality free agent who hits the market in the future. Zero.

SunshineRays is offline  
Old
11-15-2012, 01:59 AM
  #644
Vancouver_2010
Go Canucks & Oilers
 
Vancouver_2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,147
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scurr View Post
Is that a joke?
i failed to see how that is a joke

Vancouver_2010 is offline  
Old
11-15-2012, 04:20 AM
  #645
Bleach Clean
Registered User
 
Bleach Clean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 15,259
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanuck View Post
Even if the GM in question has a good chance of being fired if his team misses the playoffs this year?

They could still miss, even with Luongo. That's what Burke is going to be thinking about: What is enough to give up if the end result could still be the same?


Quote:
Originally Posted by monster_bertuzzi View Post
*cough* Morgan Reilly..

So Reilly is Blue Chip now? A can't miss? Further, they just drafted him, so they won't be dealing, so it's moot.

Bleach Clean is offline  
Old
11-15-2012, 04:28 AM
  #646
Pseudonymous
Registered User
 
Pseudonymous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,498
vCash: 500
I'd be SHOCKED if they missed with Luongo.

Pseudonymous is offline  
Old
11-15-2012, 04:52 AM
  #647
vanuck
Griffiths Way Goons
 
vanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Hong Kong
Posts: 9,991
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
They could still miss, even with Luongo. That's what Burke is going to be thinking about: What is enough to give up if the end result could still be the same?
All the pressure's going to be on him to make a good deal though, as it's his team who's on the bubble (if even that). If he does nothing and the Leafs miss out then he's definitely gone anyway.

vanuck is offline  
Old
11-15-2012, 05:00 AM
  #648
Reverend Mayhem
Freeway's closed man
 
Reverend Mayhem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Port Coquitlam, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,926
vCash: 940
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Bleach: FWIW, Rielly was lights out last night in the Russia game.

Reverend Mayhem is offline  
Old
11-15-2012, 05:16 AM
  #649
Bleach Clean
Registered User
 
Bleach Clean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 15,259
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudonymous01 View Post
I'd be SHOCKED if they missed with Luongo.

So would I, but he's not a guarantee. Burke could very well send his best young assets, still miss, and get fired. Then what? He's gutted the franchise for the next guy and he went out a failure. It's not a lock that they make it.


I count these teams as sure bets:


BOS
WSH
NYR
PHI
PIT

And then these teams as better than average bets:

WPG (Yup, I like their chances)
CAR
OTT
FLA
TBay
NJ


TO is in tough to secure one spot in the 6/7/8 slot vs. 6 other teams.


Quote:
Originally Posted by vanuck View Post
All the pressure's going to be on him to make a good deal though, as it's his team who's on the bubble (if even that). If he does nothing and the Leafs miss out then he's definitely gone anyway.


I agree. If he makes no deal and they miss, he's gone. So yes there is pressure. But it's up to him how much that pressure should dictate his moves. I think it can go either way. Normally, I would say Burke balks at any big price, but this situation may force his hand. 50/50.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Mayhem View Post
Bleach: FWIW, Rielly was lights out last night in the Russia game.


I know. I guess I just have a different definition of "Blue Chip". Is Reilly a can't miss star?

Bleach Clean is offline  
Old
11-15-2012, 06:29 AM
  #650
me2
Seahawks 43
 
me2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Broncos 8
Country: Wallis & Futuna
Posts: 17,651
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
TO is in tough to secure one spot in the 6/7/8 slot vs. 6 other teams.

I agree. If he makes no deal and they miss, he's gone. So yes there is pressure. But it's up to him how much that pressure should dictate his moves. I think it can go either way. Normally, I would say Burke balks at any big price, but this situation may force his hand
scary list for Burke, if he wants unchanged he'd better get Luongo. If he his not prepared to pay he might as well pull an Oilers and try for MacKinnon, Barkov or Jones. At least that way he's got something to show for sucking, maybe enough to save his job. He's got the cash to go after Getzlaf and Perry, those two plus MacKinnon/Barkov and they are set up front, then take a run at Luongo after the season assuming we still have him.


Quote:
I know. I guess I just have a different definition of "Blue Chip". Is Reilly a can't miss star?
That's a way higher standard than
most people have. There would be lucky to be 10 of those at any time.

me2 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:44 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.