LSCII
Dark Cloud

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TP View Post
Joe Thornton

Rob Tallas

Kevin Stevens
Steven's was bad, but I don't really blame him. He was never the same player after his face got caved in, and he didn't have the benefit of playing with Mario and Jagr here. That one is all on management, IMO.

Same thing with Marty LaPointe. Grossly overpaid, grossly underperformed, but that was on the FO and not LaPointe.

LSCII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 11:13 AM
Kalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSCII View Post
Steven's was bad, but I don't really blame him. He was never the same player after his face got caved in, and he didn't have the benefit of playing with Mario and Jagr here. That one is all on management, IMO.

Same thing with Marty LaPointe. Grossly overpaid, grossly underperformed, but that was on the FO and not LaPointe.
The years of alleged drug use catching up with him prob didnt help, too.

Kalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 11:15 AM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Jacques Plante- and he not only cost us a choice first round pick that ended up being Ian Turnbull but they leased him a car and he took off with it back to Canada (actually that was the best part, Harry almost had the big one over that and I think Nate Greenburg had to go up and get it back)

DKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 11:31 AM
mikelvl

vCash: 487
Quote:
Originally Posted by caley View Post
I vaguely remember someone on here had written a journal detailing Dave Lewis' day and it included stuff about him kissing a painting he had of Mowers and was maybe the best thing I ever read on this board.
The best part of the Dave Lewis era was the Dave Lewis impersonator who used to call the whiner line on EEI.

mikelvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 12:48 PM
BMC
PerJohan Axelsson

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by caley View Post
I vaguely remember someone on here had written a journal detailing Dave Lewis' day and it included stuff about him kissing a painting he had of Mowers and was maybe the best thing I ever read on this board.
Yep that Dave Lewis's diary/journal post was a classic

BMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 12:50 PM
BMC
PerJohan Axelsson

With the exception of Mark Recchi- any Bruin who was also a former wearer of the rouge, blanc et bleu.

God I hate that team.

Old
11-14-2012, 12:57 PM
Roll 4 Lines
Gitchyasum!

Pete Peeters for Pat Riggin...

Roll 4 Lines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 01:05 PM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Here's one that people probably don't classify as a why, but Gord Kluzak. I really, really, really wanted them to draft Bellows, but they went with Gord, and the rest is history.

LSCII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 01:18 PM
mikelvl

vCash: 487
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSCII View Post
Here's one that people probably don't classify as a why, but Gord Kluzak. I really, really, really wanted them to draft Bellows, but they went with Gord, and the rest is history.
Gordie Kluzak, whose career was forever altered and shortened by a lowbridge, knee wrecking hit from, yep, you guessed it, Dave Lewis.

mikelvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 01:37 PM
nilan30

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMC View Post
With the exception of Mark Recchi- any Bruin who was also a former wearer of the rouge, blanc et bleu.

God I hate that team.
Even PJ Stock?

nilan30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 01:48 PM
hooked

Chris Nilan

hooked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 02:10 PM
RustyBruins72

Jim Carrey
Alex Zhamnov
Jon Casey
Kevin Stevens
Martin Lapointe

RustyBruins72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 02:16 PM
Shaun
beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooked View Post
Chris Nilan
Another good one the guy is a complete *******

Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 02:31 PM
BMC
PerJohan Axelsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilan30 View Post
Even PJ Stock?
Hmmmmm....OK make that TWO exceptions

Old
11-14-2012, 04:54 PM
GordonHowe

I can see this is going to be a lengthy exercise. Two cents: the immortal Petri Skriko.

Nearly the entire post lock-out roster goes without saying. I'm going to go back and look at that for a tear stained laugh.

GordonHowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 06:15 PM
PatriceBergeronFan
U.S. Army Hooah!

Gill, Hunwick, and Hamill.

PatriceBergeronFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 06:20 PM
RussellmaniaKW

Coffey, Zhamnov, Leetch, and Corvo.

The worst part about the Leetch signing is that you'd have thought they'd learned their lesson with Coffey but nooooooooooo.

RussellmaniaKW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 06:31 PM
finchster

Send a message via ICQ to finchster
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussellmaniaKW View Post
Coffey, Zhamnov, Leetch, and Corvo.

The worst part about the Leetch signing is that you'd have thought they'd learned their lesson with Coffey but nooooooooooo.
Leetch was still a useful player, just useless as a top pairing defencemen at that stage in his career. He would have been a good 3/4 guy for a team, unlike Coffey who was just brutal.

finchster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 07:22 PM
flannelman
default user

vCash: 920
I liked the versatility of Montador pre-Bruins (Flames, Panthers) but once he got here, he just didn't fit.

Others: Manny Fernandez, Stan Chistov, Peter Schaeffer

It's hard not to mentioned the Lewis players. That team was brutal.

Mattias Timander. (mid 90's, I think) Bryand Berard - I know that might be unpopular b/c he's from RI.

I only resent these ones b/c the 03/04 playoff run was such as disappointment: Nylander + Gonchar. Very useful players, loved watching Bergy and Nylander together - but ugh - that was a frustrating playoffs. And then, boom, lockout and neither returned.

flannelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 09:25 PM
Neely08

I fully realize I was overly hard on the guy back in the day, but Bob Sweeney used to drive me nuts w/ his bad penalties, and at the worst times. He went off my **** list when he crosschecked Ulf Samuelson in the face in full stride. I thought he decapitated him, but he didn't. Sure got an A for effort, though. Ref either thought Ulf was faking, felt he deserved it, or just didn't see it. Which was hilarious b/c he was looking right at it.

Brent Hughes. I remember the front of the sports section once had a full page picture of Neely destroying him at practice.

Travis Greene. Epitomized to me what we had an overabundance of, and what we obviously lacked. I suppose guys like Mowers fall into that same category in recent years.

Steve Leach used to drive me insane trying to go down the right wing boards w/ the puck. It was like target practice for D-men. You'd think the guy would learn to dump it in and make the D-man turn after being destroyed 15 times a game. Probably a bit of misdirected Cam Neely anger taken out on poor Leach at the time.

Rick Zombo. More like Rick Zombie. Nuff said.

Nilan in a B's uniform. Disgusting. That just didn't jive, and I don't care where you're from. Rick Middleton's hair plugs must have shot out of his head like missiles w/ the rage he felt. McSorley, too. More like McEmbarrassment.

More recent years I'd have to say Wideman. The guy could play a perfect game, but you knew at some point a massive brain fart was coming at the most inopportune time, erasing everything else he did right. It was torture. Corvo then replaced him nicely and delivered huge as a whipping boy.

Neely08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 09:31 PM
Dojji*
Fight the Hate

The closest I've been to that point was probably when it was clear to everyone but Peter Chiarelli that the Matt Hunwick experiment was over. I'm glad they're more than willing to give young players chance after chance, but Hunwick was not a Bruin.

Dojji* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 09:39 PM
Dojji*
Fight the Hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMC View Post

God I hate that team.
Michael Ryder had some pretty decent moments for us in the playoffs.

Dojji* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 09:59 PM
nifty988

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely08 View Post
I fully realize I was overly hard on the guy back in the day, but Bob Sweeney used to drive me nuts w/ his bad penalties, and at the worst times. He went off my **** list when he crosschecked Ulf Samuelson in the face in full stride. I thought he decapitated him, but he didn't. Sure got an A for effort, though. Ref either thought Ulf was faking, felt he deserved it, or just didn't see it. Which was hilarious b/c he was looking right at it.

Brent Hughes. I remember the front of the sports section once had a full page picture of Neely destroying him at practice.

Travis Greene. Epitomized to me what we had an overabundance of, and what we obviously lacked. I suppose guys like Mowers fall into that same category in recent years.

Steve Leach used to drive me insane trying to go down the right wing boards w/ the puck. It was like target practice for D-men. You'd think the guy would learn to dump it in and make the D-man turn after being destroyed 15 times a game. Probably a bit of misdirected Cam Neely anger taken out on poor Leach at the time.

Rick Zombo. More like Rick Zombie. Nuff said.

Nilan in a B's uniform. Disgusting. That just didn't jive, and I don't care where you're from. Rick Middleton's hair plugs must have shot out of his head like missiles w/ the rage he felt. McSorley, too. More like McEmbarrassment.

More recent years I'd have to say Wideman. The guy could play a perfect game, but you knew at some point a massive brain fart was coming at the most inopportune time, erasing everything else he did right. It was torture. Corvo then replaced him nicely and delivered huge as a whipping boy.
Great post!

I have to agree with just about all of this. I had forgotten about Leach and his stubbornness along the boards. Obviously I loathe Nilan and was disgusted when Milbury picked him for the all star team.

Mcsorley and Stevens were tough to stomach.

Goalies are tougher..but Jim Carey, Blaine Lacher and Toivonen are all good candidates for biggest disappointment/bust.

Last edited by nifty988: 11-14-2012 at 10:00 PM. Reason: typo
nifty988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 10:44 PM
Pie O My

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelvl View Post
Ahh, yes! Who can forget the Tom Fergus for Bill Derlago deal. Fergus was entering like his umpteenth year as the 4th line center and couldn't take it anymore. So they deal him after the first game of the 85-86 season (why do I know this?) for chump change in a washed up Derlago and Fergus goes on to pump home over 30 goals that year for the Leafs. Johnny Pierson still wistfully remembers Tommy's twisted wrister. Oh, and Derlago was shipped to the Peg later that year. (This moment in Bruins history is brought to you by W.B. Mason).
an ode to Tom Fergus without once mentioning the prefix "young" just looks strange. Kind of like bringing up Mike Krushelnyski without mentioning his "reach".

Regarding this thread - never cared for the length of time that Nazarov took up a roster spot. Guy had to have had the lowest punch to PIM ratio evah.

Pie O My is offline   Reply With Quote