HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Leafs Lounge v. 87 - The Lord of the LL: The Return of the Kamo

Closed Thread

Old
11-14-2012, 07:49 PM
Hurt
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaskY View Post
when ppl complain about getting like an 85 avg....cmon now ur doing well quit looking for the attention
You have to remember people have different goals and standards. 85 may be good to one person but not good to someone else.

Plus, MOST people can expect their marks to drop quite a bit when they go to university, most likely.

11-14-2012, 07:53 PM
RaskY
Re-registered User

vCash: 50
85 is good for most universities. Like when someone goes "Aw **** I'm doing so bad!!" "What you getting man?" "****ing 85!" yeeeah right it's such a shallow stunt to find attention, can't handle it haha. 85 is an A lol. Point being an 85 avg is not something to complain about. jmo, I understand people have higher expectations than others.

Old
11-14-2012, 08:26 PM
charliolemieux
No Lu-wiki Zone

Quote:
85 is good for most universities. Like when someone goes "Aw **** I'm doing so bad!!" "What you getting man?" "****ing 85!" yeeeah right it's such a shallow stunt to find attention, can't handle it haha. 85 is an A lol. Point being an 85 avg is not something to complain about. jmo, I understand people have higher expectations than others.
LIve and let live man. You can't let yourself so worked up over stuff like that.

I had a buddy growing up who used to get pissed at how easy school came to me.

Now he's a doctor making 5x what I bring home.

Just worry about how hard you work.

From what you post on here it seems like you put a lot of effort into what you do.

Old
11-14-2012, 08:33 PM
LeafsMonster
MeowLeafs is awesome

Quote:
when ppl complain about getting like an 85 avg....cmon now ur doing well quit looking for the attention
So not true Rasky. What you think is high or "an ok grade" may be a low grade to someone else. If someone's avg was a 95 and then it dropped to 85, they would complain. A certain grade may just not be enough for some people.

Old
11-14-2012, 08:52 PM
Brody
High.

vCash: 551
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsMonster View Post
So not true Rasky. What you think is high or "an ok grade" may be a low grade to someone else. If someone's avg was a 95 and then it dropped to 85, they would complain. A certain grade may just not be enough for some people.
Louise Arbour is the easiest school ever, how were your grades?

Also, youtube changed again, small change that most won't notice but they made the new box black now, instead of grey like it was yesterday. so kool.

Old
11-14-2012, 09:00 PM
LeafsMonster
MeowLeafs is awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brody View Post
Louise Arbour is the easiest school ever, how were your grades? .
LA is not the easiest school ever. Its easy, but not the easiest and I have a 89 avg.

And how would you know anyway, you've never been there.

Last edited by LeafsMonster: 11-14-2012 at 09:09 PM.
Old
11-14-2012, 09:33 PM
Brody
High.

Quote:
LA is not the easiest school ever. Its easy, but not the easiest and I have a 89 avg.

And how would you know anyway, you've never been there.
I know everything, your school is the easiest in Peel. Fyi, judith nyman or whatever isn't in peel, so yeah. LA is the easiest, second easiest in Lincoln and then Ching.

Old
11-14-2012, 09:49 PM
Grant
LL Genius

Home from a long day of school

Old
11-14-2012, 09:53 PM
RaskY
Re-registered User

Quote:
C'mon like you know what the expectations are in Ontario, you know that you can get into most universities with an 80+ avg, especially in the field you're going into. There's a reason you're getting an 85 in the first place because you're not an idiot. You know you're doing well in school with an 85 avg, you just chose to complain about it for the same reason you chose to complain about every other little thing cuz' you just can't go without that drama in your life. attention ******.

not talking about you lm lol just some people in general.

Old
11-14-2012, 09:53 PM
LeafsMonster
MeowLeafs is awesome

Quote:
I know everything, your school is the easiest in Peel. Fyi, judith nyman or whatever isn't in peel, so yeah. LA is the easiest, second easiest in Lincoln and then Ching.
Its easy because teachers don't fail anyone. The school is new and is tryin to gain a good reputation. That still doesn't mean teachers just hand out 90s. You still have the same requirements for grades and have to work hard to get and maintain high grades. They just boost people that are failing so they have a good record.

Old
11-14-2012, 09:55 PM
RaskY
Re-registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliolemieux View Post
From what you post on here it seems like you put a lot of effort into what you do.
I can pull out some pretty good work on assignments lol, the work in itself isn't that hard but my problem is I just don't do work enough times..Lack that motivation.

Old
11-14-2012, 09:57 PM
charliolemieux
No Lu-wiki Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant View Post
Home from a long day of school
Thank god . the reast of the Lounge is going crazy.

I'm still laughing at Messing With Sasquatch, and I've got a bag of Elastics and looking for Grizzly bears.

Old
11-14-2012, 09:58 PM
Grant
LL Genius

Quote:
C'mon like you know what the expectations are in Ontario, you know that you can get into most universities with an 80+ avg, especially in the field you're going into. There's a reason you're getting an 85 in the first place because you're not an idiot. You know you're doing well in school with an 85 avg, you just chose to complain about it for the same reason you chose to complain about every other little thing cuz' you just can't go without that drama in your life. attention ******.

Personally speaking, school came very easy in highschool and my average was 90+ every year with little to no effort. Getting and 85 to me was a bit of a disappointment because I know I was capable of better. However, I agree that people who go about complaining about getting an 85 to others are just really looking to brag in most cases I think. Occasionally I would complain about getting and 85, but I would make sure to only do it to others who I knew also had a high average and similar standards to myself. I'm not going to go around complaining about an 85 to someone working their ass off to get a 70. Not fair to them and quite frankly it makes me look like a complete ass.

Quote:
Thank god . the reast of the Lounge is going crazy.

I'm still laughing at Messing With Sasquatch, and I've got a bag of Elastics and looking for Grizzly bears.
Thanks for worrying about me haha.

Old
11-14-2012, 10:03 PM
LeafsMonster
MeowLeafs is awesome

Quote:

Are you honestly tellin me that if you had a 95 and you dropped to an 85, you wouldn't complain because it would still get you into uni. There is competition for schools so the better the mark, the better your chance of getting in.

Not everyone wants to go to uni in ontario. There are amazing schools outside of ontario and canada where the competition is really high and an 85 avg isn't going to cut it. Fy you need a 90 avg toget into mcgill

It could also be personal satisfaction, or to satisfy others such as parents. Some are very demanding and have high expectations ya know.

Old
11-14-2012, 10:04 PM
LeafsMonster
MeowLeafs is awesome

Quote:
Personally speaking, school came very easy in highschool and my average was 90+ every year with little to no effort. Getting and 85 to me was a bit of a disappointment because I know I was capable of better. However, I agree that people who go about complaining about getting an 85 to others are just really looking to brag in most cases I think. Occasionally I would complain about getting and 85, but I would make sure to only do it to others who I knew also had a high average and similar standards to myself. I'm not going to go around complaining about an 85 to someone working their ass off to get a 70. Not fair to them and quite frankly it makes me look like a complete ass.

This. If someone in general is upset or complains a little, its not attention seeking. If someone is complaing to everyone and won't stop, its a jerk move to get attention. There's the difference.

Old
11-14-2012, 10:05 PM
charliolemieux
No Lu-wiki Zone

Quote:
I can pull out some pretty good work on assignments lol, the work in itself isn't that hard but my problem is I just don't do work enough times..Lack that motivation.
As an "OLD MAN" Can I give you some advice?

NO?

Well F, You then!

Seriously, just find a goal. If you can find a goal then you can justify every hour spent studying and every party missed as another step towards that goal.

Ofcourse if you aim low then you spend less time studying and go to way more parties. McDonalds always needs Fry cooks.

But you seem pretty bright, doing stuff on War Criminals etc. Even if your goal is a business degree or something it will help focus you.

And don't listen to ***** bands like One Erection like Brody does.
(Love ya Brody, but I just cant let it go)

Old
11-14-2012, 10:07 PM
charliolemieux
No Lu-wiki Zone

Quote:

YOu coming hunting Grizzlies with me?

I've got extra elastics.

Old
11-14-2012, 10:08 PM
Grant
LL Genius

Quote:
As an "OLD MAN" Can I give you some advice?

NO?

Well F, You then!

Seriously, just find a goal. If you can find a goal then you can justify every hour spent studying and every party missed as another step towards that goal.

Ofcourse if you aim low then you spend less time studying and go to way more parties. McDonalds always needs Fry cooks.

But you seem pretty bright, doing stuff on War Criminals etc. Even if your goal is a business degree or something it will help focus you.

And don't listen to ***** bands like One Erection like Brody does.
(Love ya Brody, but I just cant let it go)
Start making a list of funny names to call One Direction, I love them all

Quote:

I've got extra elastics.
I'm more of a fight Great White's with my 'bear' hands kind of guy.

Last edited by Grant: 11-14-2012 at 10:14 PM.
Old
11-14-2012, 10:14 PM
Brody
High.

Quote:
Its easy because teachers don't fail anyone. The school is new and is tryin to gain a good reputation. That still doesn't mean teachers just hand out 90s. You still have the same requirements for grades and have to work hard to get and maintain high grades. They just boost people that are failing so they have a good record.
Lmao, the school is horrible, three quarters of your teachers cannot teach from what I've heard. Can you please re-read your post, then see why other schools laugh at yours? Also known for the ugliest high school girls in Brampton

Teachers at other schools don't take your school seriously, just because its new they should let kids pass for the sake of a "good reputation" does that not show you that your teachers don't care about you or your education?

Old
11-14-2012, 10:15 PM
Brody
High.

Quote:

I've got extra elastics.
hey gramps, how ya doin

Old
11-14-2012, 10:17 PM
Grant
LL Genius

Got an exam back today and for this exam we were allowed a cheat sheet.

My prof said that another prof who teaches the same course had someone bring in a cheat sheet that had pictures of half naked women and the inspirational words of "Do well in school, make more money, more naked ladies"

Old
11-14-2012, 10:19 PM
charliolemieux
No Lu-wiki Zone

Quote:
hey gramps, how ya doin
Good, good.

You coming hunting Grizzly?

We'll listen to some Johnny Cash and ween you off that One Demented stuff.

Old
11-14-2012, 10:21 PM
charliolemieux
No Lu-wiki Zone

Quote:
Got an exam back today and for this exam we were allowed a cheat sheet.

My prof said that another prof who teaches the same course had someone bring in a cheat sheet that had pictures of half naked women and the inspirational words of "Do well in school, make more money, more naked ladies"

Well $$= Chicks.

Maybe not the type of Chicks you take home to mom but I go weeks without seeing my mom.

Old
11-14-2012, 10:27 PM
Baarle*
Lähme looduses

just saw a fb friend post a status about gay marriage being wrong, then proceeded to read/glance over all 130 comments associated with this status. Well that's my entertainment for the night

Old
11-14-2012, 10:28 PM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

vCash: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baarle View Post
just saw a fb friend post a status about gay marriage being wrong, then proceeded to read/glance over all 130 comments associated with this status. Well that's my entertainment for the night
You know you need a life when..